Booster Gold, Deathstroke, Suicide Squad, and Team 7 films?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By AllStarSuperman

David Goyer Expands the DC Cinematic Universe - Geek Magazine

What do you think? I want Arrow to be part of the shared universe, but Deathstroke HAS to get a better looking suit, his Arrow suit was "ehh".

As for the movies, I think it's a good idea to put out big names and a few not so big names as well. Personally, I'd like Booster Gold a lot. He seems awesome, plus I love time travel. He was supposedly gonna get a show a few years ago, but that seemed to get forgotten (Syfy Developing 'Booster Gold' TV Series). And he had a very minor easter egg in Man of Steel (Man of Steel' Booster Gold Easter Egg Hints at DC Shared Universe).

Better Comic Movies: Booster Gold - Nerdcenaries someones idea for a Booster Gold film.

What are your thoughts on DC putting out several low budget movies?

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Liam Neeson as Deathstroke.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

do you not like the Arrow slade?

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85 said:

do you not like the Arrow slade?

The Undefeated Champion Of Capua is just not as good as Neeson.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would be cool.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@zeroplus: Every character "Needs" a movie but having these other lower budget movies won't effect everyone's precious big 7. If anything it will help raise funds for bigger and better movies to create a rich/diverse cinematic universe.

Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd really like to see that Deathstroke movie get made. Suicide squad and team 7 would be pretty sick as well.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

except for booster , none of these would work . the "general movie going " audience will not be up for anti-heroes of any sort . and unless there is a guy gets the girl or a merc with a heart of gold it will also not work or make me not watch it.

a lot of violent comics get a waterd down treatment or get panned bc of the violence example: tom jane punisher was ok for its time because there was not a recent film /series that could compare . it kinda lacked violence that u would expect from the punisher .war zone was a overhaul and it was exactly what i was looking for , ultra violence , no lovey-dovey, brutal, classic frank castle . yet the movie was panned by everyone . ('cept yours truly)

so with team 7; a movie of mercenaries taking out baddies would be a expendables rip-off(corny and over the top) you can connect with the good guys from expendables because they really are not that bad, how would that play out for characters like waller, grifter , or deathstroke? how would a deathstroke film play out without him having a underlying noble cause or a love interest ? and then you have the suicide squad ; a team of non-repentant killers on suicide missions because they are forced to? again unless one of them has a noble intention or convinces the others to no be so bad , it will be crap , complete crap .

last example i will use for the watered down violent story is kickass. i liked the comic thought it was honest and no real fantasy towards it (excluding hit-girl) yet the movie took that brutal nature, that true savagery ,and made it a R-rated comedic adventure , next to movies where producers and such glanced at the source material (elektra,the wolverine films) it is my least favorite movie . it was garbage . and if i can expect the same to be said of the movies planned for filming like team 7 and suicide squad , NO THANKS!!!!

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@bluefox170 said:

@zeroplus: Every character "Needs" a movie but having these other lower budget movies won't effect everyone's precious big 7. If anything it will help raise funds for bigger and better movies to create a rich/diverse cinematic universe.

This.

@soa said:

last example i will use for the watered down violent story is kickass. i liked the comic thought it was honest and no real fantasy towards it (excluding hit-girl) yet the movie took that brutal nature, that true savagery ,and made it a R-rated comedic adventure , next to movies where producers and such glanced at the source material (elektra,the wolverine films) it is my least favorite movie . it was garbage . and if i can expect the same to be said of the movies planned for filming like team 7 and suicide squad , NO THANKS!!!!

Yeah, well, ya see, that's just your opinion, man..

Kick-Ass is my favorite movie and one of my favorite books as well. Not all movies have to be exactly like the books. There are acceptable changes. Nobody wants to see Kick-Ass's balls electrified or Katie get raped. Those were fine to change IMO

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Deathstroke movie would be so awesome, introducing him into the DCCU could also mean we get to see a fight between him and Batman at some point... which would be cool as hell.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Deathstroke movie would be so awesome, introducing him into the DCCU could also mean we get to see a fight between him and Batman at some point... which would be cool as hell.

yeah it would, Id like to see Batman and Nightwing have to team up to take him

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i love it i would go see it in a heartbeat

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kidchipotle

As they say in comics… OMIGODOMIGODOMIGOD!!!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSTER GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also I would love to see a Deathstroke and Suicide Squad movie, maybe even Team 7, but I am cautious because I don't know how those could do amazing within the general public. And what comes to mind is -- DC has such a unique and diverse universe…why did they choose these movies?

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluefox170: @allstarsuperman: DC should make professional, higher budget movies, a Booster Gold movie would require a really high budget

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DeathandGrim

Booster is a great idea

And I LOOOVE Suicide Squad, it'd be fantastic

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

#19  Edited By cloudguy

I would love to see a Deathstroke film.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeroplus said:

@bluefox170: @allstarsuperman: DC should make professional, higher budget movies, a Booster Gold movie would require a really high budget

It wouldn't be too high. especially if they didn't go the Green Lantern route and have a CGI costume.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

This is old news (it was mentioned, I think October last year). But I would pay to see a Deathstroke movie as long as it was R.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay: in December, can't believe I completely missed it though

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yes, he was awesome and underrated as Ra's al Ghul!

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSTER GOLD!

This needs to happen!

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ZeroPlus

@zeroplus said:

It wouldn't be too high. especially if they didn't go the Green Lantern route and have a CGI costume.

Yeah you're right, I would really like to see the BG and Blue Beetle team up !

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SideburnGuru

I'm all for these. Especially the Deathstroke one. Yes, please.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke movie sounds awesome.

Make sure the story overshadows the amount of violence that'll be displayed.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeroplus said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@zeroplus said:

Yeah you're right, I would really like to see the BG and Blue Beetle team up !

yeah, that'd be pretty cool

Avatar image for drmantistoboggan
DrMantisToboggan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well we're still likely gonna get the del Toro JL Dark movie, which he wants to incorporate into the shared universe, so we got that goin for us...

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well we're still likely gonna get the del Toro JL Dark movie, which he wants to incorporate into the shared universe, so we got that goin for us...

not to mention BOOSTER GOLD!

But yeah, The JLD movie actually has me interested, I dont read the comics though

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Commander_Kane

Manu is Slade to me. It would be disappointing to see someone else try to outshine him in that role. Liam Neeson was already Ra's. In fact, Manu's acting in Arrow is probably the only one I could see transferring to film anyways.

And even though I like the costume he has now for the show, I agree, it would have to be majorly different for a movie. But then again we don't want him held back by clunky armor like previous batmans.

Avatar image for drmantistoboggan
DrMantisToboggan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@commander_kane: I agree, and I'd add that he'd need to go full grey with his hair, and get a mask that resembles his arkham origins mask

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AllStarSuperman
Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Yeah, matter of fact, that's actually my favorite look of his as well. Not to flashy, he can move around, and the mask is sick as hell.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@commander_kane: Yeah, i love the tail things on his mask, and IMO his gloves and boots look awesome

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By New_World_Order