Best world chess champion? Part 2

Famousroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Best world chess champion? Part 2 (7 votes)

Wilhelm Steinitz 14%
Emmanuel Lasker 14%
Jose Raul Capablanca. 71%

Follow up of this poll https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/best-world-chess-champion-2091004/ here. I will be going forward chronologically. All players are at their best, regardless of how young or would they would be.

I ask u to consider the following please:

Lasker played and beat Steinitz twice, very badly. Steinitz was almost unarguably far past his prime, while Lasker had not yet achieved his. This match was not even by any means.

Lasker played Capablanca a few times, and had a decent tournament record against him, but lost completely in their match for the chess champion title. He complained that the games were set in Havana (an extremely warm place for a 50+ y/o German from the 1920) which made his vision foggy, while giving him headaches. Lasker was not past his prime per se, but played at a lower level because of the above reasons. Capablanca was not yet at his prime, but was not far from it yet. This match was not exactly even either.

• 
socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1 socajunkie  Moderator

Capablanca hands down. There's no point going in-depth on variables like being past prime and wondering how things would have gone if x was in place, such speculation is fun but not accurate.

Famousroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Capablanca hands down. There's no point going in-depth on variables like being past prime and wondering how things would have gone if x was in place, such speculation is fun but not accurate.

I suppose lol

Famousroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mini bump

Famousroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Famousroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Famousroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Capablanca was (lucky for him) a natural talent like Morphy and Fischer so I think Capablanca was the best out of the three you have mentioned. Capablanca really shined in his era. Now the interesting debate would be Steinitz vs Lasker. I personally think that Prime Morphy is better than Steinitz. Lasker was a World Champion for a great number of years. Lasker was World Champion for 27 years, the longest. My rankings for the three would be:

1. Capablanca

2. Lasker

3. Steinitz

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow I can see you bumped your thread 4 times buddy, I used to do the same :-)

Famousroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arranvid:

Lol I actually forgot about these until u and someone else commented on them kek