inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

Every week, we take a look at some of the most bizarre, exciting, and downright unique things to happen in comics. Check out our choices of the strange and wacky things that shouldn't be overlooked from this week's releases.

There may be some tiny spoilers ahead.

Old Man Logan #7

Best SNIKT! Moment

No Caption Provided

Obviously, any "SNIKT!" moment is going to come from Old Man Logan or Wolverine; however, we haven't seen something this epic in quite a while. Logan is fighting Lady Deathstrike and decides that the best way to deal with her is by cutting off her hands.

Batman: Rebirth #1

Best (and Most Disgusting) Reinvention of a Character

No Caption Provided

Calendar Man was a bit of a joke villain in the large gallery of Batman rogues. He was literally reborn this week, as the reader learns that he rapidly ages with each season and molts his body every spring as a young man.

Civil War II #1

Most Powerful Punch

No Caption Provided

Thanos did not hold back in Civil War II this week. In a recap from the Free Comic Book Day Civil War issue, he punched War Machine so hard that his fist went right through his stomach. Rest in piece, James Rhodes.

Deadpool #13

Best Run DMC Reference

No Caption Provided

Deadpool is known for saying some outlandish things in his comics. This week, he decides to quote a Run DMC song while offering some help.

Green Arrow: Rebirth #1

Best Team Up That Fans Have Been Clamoring For

No Caption Provided

Throughout the New 52 at DC Comics, Green Arrow and Black Canary's relationship was nullified. Now, in Rebirth, they've teamed up and are kicking butt together again.

Spider-Women: Omega

Most '90s Moment

No Caption Provided

Spider-Gwen gets herself a bunch of guns, pouches, and a "take no prisoners" attitude. The only way to make this any more '90s would be to give her an action figure based on that panel.

Batman Beyond #13

Most Shocking Return

No Caption Provided

In Batman Beyond, Terry McGinnis has been dead and Tim Drake is Batman. However, during a big reveal in this week's issue, Terry is alive and working on killing Batman.

All-New Wolverine #9

Best Moment That Has Your Mind Wandering

No Caption Provided

Wolverine is covered in pheromones in order to lure Fin Fang Foom away from the SHIELD helicarrier. Iron Man lets her know that he's pretty good at sterilization and had to do it to a few rooms in the past.

Deadpool #13

Best Fake Cyrillic

No Caption Provided

Cyrillic is a writing system for parts of Eastern Europe and parts of Asia. A local social club uses it for their signage out front: The Red October. Wonder if Deadpool had to hunt for that place?

All-New, All-Different Avengers #10

Least Exciting Reaction to Visiting Space

No Caption Provided

Visiting space should be a really exciting thing. Kamala Khan seems really impressed in this week's issue of Avengers. However, Sam Alexander, who frequents space, was not at all.

All-New Wolverine #9

Best Homage Moment

No Caption Provided

Wolverine ends up in the stomach of Fin Fang Foom. When she is wading in the stomach acids, the panel pays tribute to a moment from Uncanny X-Men #132.

No Caption Provided

That's it this week. Let us know in the comments below what other Best Stuff you dug this past week. Thanks to @Jsitlustej for his suggestion.

If you want to participate or felt we missed some other Best Stuff, contribute! Each week you can @reply us on Twitter at @GManFromHeck and @ImMatElfring by Fridays using the hashtag #BestStuffInComics. We'll give you a shout-out and I'll think you're pretty groovy.

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

What's with not grouping these by issue for Deadpool and All-New Wolverine?

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By apokos7
No Caption Provided

Best "I love my life right now/Mom, I'm in the Justice League" moment.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

I don't get how Terry could be alive and seemingly brainwashed by Spellbinder into trying to kill Tim Drake BB but as long as this leads to Terry becoming BB in Batman Beyond Rebirth, I won't complain.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apokos7 said:
No Caption Provided

Yeah, that was great.

Avatar image for 51stpresidentofplanetneutral
51stPresidentofPlanetNeutral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

@apokos7 said:
No Caption Provided

Yeah, that was great.

This, and the Old Man Logan moment were pretty boss.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Meh, Nova's reaction to space is no surprise. Spidey's though, that's the real surprising reaction. He's thinking "Nowhere to web-sling from. Boring!"

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, Nova's reaction to space is no surprise. Spidey's though, that's the real surprising reaction. He's thinking "Nowhere to web-sling from. Boring!"

Lol

Goellterator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The old Man Logan chapter was a blast. So bloody, soo good. Just knew, that it will be here.

RavenKingXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Has anyone else noticed that the best battles in comics article has stopped being produced.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Great Wolverine call back.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Oh my god, a former protege of Bruces is back from the dead as a villain and trying to kill Batman! Where the hood have I red that one before...

Pelykan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would x-23 be grossed out by Tony's apparent sex addiction wasn't she a hooker at some point, I'm sure she's seen some sticky rooms before.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@pelykan: When it comes to random comedy moments in marvel, don't question the logic. ( Jetpack wolverine tho )

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apokos7: Why is Batman's cape flapping?

Is he crouching next to an industrial fan?

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@stahlflamme: Troo troo, but at least Terry is an interesting, non-whining, non-steaming pile of monkey crap like that other fellow is.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

RavenKingXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: terry wasn't a protege, he was the successor so yeah.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bl00dwerK  Online

Thanks for posting a picture of the REAL Wolverine with that last one! Those were the days... :)

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rubear

I don't get how Terry could be alive and seemingly brainwashed by Spellbinder into trying to kill Tim Drake BB but as long as this leads to Terry becoming BB in Batman Beyond Rebirth, I won't complain.

Well, Terry get TonyStarked and his life depends on special tech, really, considering this device in his chest right where heart should be. So i can only guess that he somehow survived his "death" in Futures End, get timestormed when Tim changed timeline and after Terry found way back or more likely was thrown back Spellbinder found him.

roaris87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Calender Man Rebirth grossed me out, but Green Arrow Rebirth was the surprise hit of the week. Bought it on a whim and loved it so much I subscribed

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ambaryerno

@bl00dwerk said:

Thanks for posting a picture of the REAL Wolverine with that last one! Those were the days... :)

That's right, cry those salty butt-hurt tears. Imma just lap them all up right off your face.

That came out wrong. Or did it? *smooch*

John-PH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked the part in X-Men 92 where the danger room made a bunch of Blade holograms

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

@ravenkingxxx: he still was taught by Bruce. It's not impossible to be a protégé AND a successor at the time

@2cool4fun: just because she used to hook doesn't mean she won't be grossed out when sone one does or says something disgusting.

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: just because she used to hook doesn't mean she won't be grossed out when sone one does or says something disgusting.

There's also the fact she was essentially forced into it in the first place, was a total PTSD wreck during that time period (she's virtually mute and nearly catatonic in much of NYX), and had such a low sense of self worth that she didn't even view her body as her own (known from her own dialogue under Liu and Soule). Just because she used to hook doesn't mean she appreciates that sort of humor.

save.me.now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Oh my god, a former protege of Bruces is back from the dead as a villain and trying to kill Batman! Where the hood have I red that one before...

That's pretty funny.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course they're going to turn Gun-toting Gwen into an action figure. Also, that panel with Laura is just another reminder that she's a wannabe.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@goellterator: Old Man Logan is awesome!

I actually want him to stay old. Badass Logan

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By scavengerFist

@stahlflamme: Troo troo, but at least Terry is an interesting, non-whining, non-steaming pile of monkey crap like that other fellow is.

Can't they kill Tim already? I know it sounds wrong, but I miss the original Batman Beyond in action.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@scavengerfist: I think Terry will be back with Rebirth. I know Tim is in Detective and I think he's also in Teen Titans (somehow) so all should be right in a few months.

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course they're going to turn Gun-toting Gwen into an action figure. Also, that panel with Laura is just another reminder that she's a wannabe.

So what about Old Man Logan aping the Dark Knight Returns? Or, y'know, EVERY HOMAGE PANEL EVER.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iaconpoint: Oh yeaaaa ahahaha I have been waiting for Terry so I could get back on reading BB.

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By alsummers

@theexile285 said:
@apokos7 said:
No Caption Provided

Yeah, that was great.

This, and the Old Man Logan moment were pretty boss.

Man, may have a new favorite "Wonder Woman looking boss af" moment.

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stellar421 said:

So what about Old Man Logan aping the Dark Knight Returns? Or, y'know, EVERY HOMAGE PANEL EVER.

Old Man Logan is also a wannabe. That panel was embarassing and so are most homage panels. What do they prove, besides lack of originality?

There's a reason people still love prime John Byrne: he could come up with wonderfull images on his own. Some of the current artists should try that.

Why are you so satisfied with X-23 riding the coattails of another character? If someone drew Logan in an homage panel for another character, I wouldn't like it.

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ambaryerno

@jota23 said:
@ambaryerno said:
@stellar421 said:

Old Man Logan is also a wannabe. That panel was embarassing and so are most homage panels. What do they prove, besides lack of originality?

There's a reason people still love prime John Byrne: he could come up with wonderfull images on his own. Some of the current artists should try that.

Why are you so satisfied with X-23 riding the coattails of another character? If someone drew Logan in an homage panel for another character, I wouldn't like it.

Because it makes sense based on her development as a character at the time Logan was killed (see The Logan Legacy and Wolverines, both of which began the process). It also fits with the characterization we're seeing under Taylor where Laura hasn't quite been able to let him go (her comments to Strange in issue 4 about feeling that Logan isn't really gone so long as she wears the costume, and her refusal to accept Old Man Logan as being anything like "her" Logan). The only thing we haven't seen YET is the specific trigger. That she's also his daughter (both figuratively, and legally) also makes it appropriate for her to take up the name (a trope that's older than written literature).

And in no small part because it stands to boost her exposure to a wider audience (much the same reason why I'm hoping the rumors they'll be introducing her to the films in Wolverine 3 are accurate).

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bl00dwerK  Online

Also, that panel with Laura is just another reminder that she's a wannabe.

That's all she's ever been. A rip-off is a rip-off no matter how much writing you put behind it...

ODSTxGundam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apokos7: "The next best thing" I'd say the Justice League is better than the lantern corps

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

like it

kendigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego If we're not on Twitter, what's the best way to get a suggestion over to you?

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Laura Kinney has all those adamantium blades that are part of her body, but she don't want to use them. What a joke that book is. It is more of a mom and daughter book.

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I would have subscribed to Old Man Logan instead of All New Wolverine. I am stuck with this dumb Wolverine book for 9 more issues. Sure hope she decides to stab people soon. That would probably upset some of the readers. How could a Wolverine book have murdering it? OH MY!

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Bl00dwerK  Online

@jim158 said:

I am stuck with this dumb Wolverine book for 9 more issues.

Start a drinking game: Every time Laura eats noodles, or there's a head pat, drink...

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#42 inferiorego  Staff

@kendigs said:

@inferiorego If we're not on Twitter, what's the best way to get a suggestion over to you?

PM me

Totoro79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Old Man Logan magnificent book.

Totoro79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Totoro79
@jim158 said:

Start a drinking game: Every time Laura eats noodles, or there's a head pat, drink...

This! All New Wolverine is like a solo about Elsie Dee.

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jim158

@totoro79: great. Laura has Logan chained up somewhere bc she wanted to steal his identity. You know being a clone stinks. While we're at it lets have The Last Days Of Squirrel Girl. Drop her on a mountain in the middle of a West Virginia on opening day of squirrel season?

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man I haven't been reading Civil war II but damn that Panel with Thanos and War Machine was bad@$$!!! what is Thanos doing in civil war though???

Has anyone else noticed that the best battles in comics article has stopped being produced.

I thought I was the only one.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Bl00dwerK  Online

@totoro79 said:
@bl00dwerk said:
@jim158 said:

This! All New Wolverine is like a solo about Elsie Dee.

Give me an Elsie Dee solo over All-Eww Wolverette, honestly...

VVknight2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By VVknight2

@jota23: How is he a wanna be? He's not taking up the mantle of Wolverine he's Logan but just from another universe.

mechhead42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

id been wondering about that! havent seen it in forever!