are The X-Men Really a Rip-Off of The Doom Patrol?

• 91 results
Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Heatblaze

@macest128: I know this is an old post maybe everyone is inactive but DC has pretty big line up of ripoffs as well

Marvel DC

Man thing 1971 - Swamp thing 1971 (Man thing came out may, swamp thing came out july)

Namor 1939 - Aquaman 1941

Aarkus(the original vision) 1940 - Martian Manhunter 1955

Deathlok 1974 - Cyborg 1980

Captain America 1941 - Guardian(DC Comics) 1942

Wasp 1963 - Bumblebee 1977

Blazing skull 1941- Atomic Skull 1978

The Lizard 1963 - (Manbat 1970 or Killer Croc 1983)

Human Torch 1939(golden version) - Sunboy 1961

Dormammu 1964 - Trigon 1981

Electro 1964 - black lighting 1977

Spiderman 1962 - Black Spider 1976

Galactus 1966 - Anti-Monitor 1985

Hulk - Doomsday (I won't list the time of debut because it's painfully obvious.)

Gorilla-Man 1954 - Gorilla Grodd 1959

Phoenix 1963 - Raven 1980

Red Skull 1941 - 1985 Black Mask

Black Panther 1966 - Bronze Tiger 1974

X23 (2004) - Saiko (2011) (I would say he is a wolverine rip off but since he has 2 claws I say X23)

Jack frost 1941 - Icicle 1947

Crossbones 1981 - Bane 1993

Whirlwind 1963 - Red tornado 1968

Fantastic four 1961 - Doom Patrol 1964

Juggernaut 1965 - Mammoth (DC) 1981

Rouge 1964 - Black Alice 2005

Multiple man 1975 - Multiplex 1978

Solomon grundy and Hulk are nothing alike

Solomon is a zombie who was really skinny during his debut and white skinned

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#52  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@macest128:

The s.t.r.i.p.e persona was creates years and years after Iron Man showed up

Vision was modeled an alien anti-hero from Marvela golden age with the same name and powers

Green Arrow may have debuted before Hawkeye but he had no definitive character until after Hawkeye was created and defined.. He'll people called Ollie "Batman with a bow for years"

Hulk is not a ripoff of Solomon Grundy

Magneto and Doctor Polaris don't really have much in common besides the fact that they're magnetism manipulating villains.

You might want to research a little harder buddy

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Deadpool is a parody of deathstroke not a rip-off

He wasn't in the beginning. Liefeld used the term "borrowed" .

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Purely coincidental!

No Caption Provided

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yes a lot of characters were copies but people need to learn the difference between copies and characters with similar powers.

They aren't the same thing!

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Debelindzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Debelindzo

@heatblaze123

Literally 80% of your list is incorrect and im going to prove it.

Both are a rippoff of The Heap and its interesanting that creators of both Man Thing and Swamp Thing were roommates at the time of creation and creator admitted that Swamp Thing was drawn and written first(its a fact)

Namor was just a humanoid who attacked ships and lived underwater,he only got the connection to Atlantis in 1968(in his reboot),do you honestly think that Aquaman would be more popular if they are excatly the same?

The only thing that is simillar between these two is how they came to Earth.They have diffrent powers,diffrent goals and a WHOLE diffrent character.

Deathlok was just a zombie with a mechanical body and a blaster.He only got his powers in his reboot(the ability to hack,enginerring,gadgets and rest)

Guardian is supposed to be a DC representation of Captain America -.-

Its true that Bumblebee stole the wings,but the Wasp stole the style of outfitting which she is most famous for.

Blazing Skull isnt made by Marvel and they are TOTALLY diffrent.Blazing Skull was a dude who ran into a tribe who had-well Blazing Skulls and joined them while Atomic Skull is a nuclear scientist who got into a accident and got the powers

Beacuse they are both lizards?LOL Lizard was a scientist who wanted to regrow his arm using Lizards blood,while Killer Croc was a child who was born with a physical condition.But ill give this one to you,Man Bat is the actual rippoff

WOW.First Human Torch was a android who had ZERO connection to Johnny Storm,the only thing that is the same is the ability to cloak fire and manipulate it.Say,wasnt Zatara using that power before Human Torch?And not to mention that Human Torch was rebooted only after Sun Boy who had comical attitude and often rush to battle on his own.Excatly like Johnny.

Dormmamu is a apprentice of a sorcerer while Trigon is a actual demon *facepalm

Because they both shoot lightning?Again LOL Electric Man from DC predated Electro with the power and not to mention that Black Lightning and him have nothing in common

OMG this is just sad.Black Spider is a ex drug addict who takes revenge on the mob with the sniper,he cant climb walls,he cant shoot web and for fucks sake he is not even athletic.The version from the cartoon was recuested by the voice actor because he wanted the DC version of Spiderman

Galactus was a alien explorer who escaped by a ship(which got destroyed)and the consucences made him Galactus while Antimonitor was a member of Guardians of the Universe who created a machine which destroyed and made him-well Antimonitor,and Krona predated Galactus and he had simillar story to him

Steel Dc is a engineer who worked for a company that used his invention as a weapon(thats why he quitted the job),he made the suit to honor Superman while Iron Man is a genious playboy who made his suit to escape captivity and say didnt Golden Age Metallo had more in common?Him and Iron Man both have powered suits,both are engineers,both need a device(In Metallos case kryptonite)to keep them alive because of the accident.

What is so painfully obvious between these two?What excatly?Because they are both big and strong?WOW Hulk was a scientist who got into a accident with a nuclear matter while Doomsday is a geneticlly made creature to destroy Superman that also has a LOT of powers unlike Hulk,they are literally nothing alike.

Gorilla Man is a human trapped in a gorilla body while Gorilla Grodd is a smart gorilla invader-again *facepalm and besides Mob Gorilla Boss has more in common with him.

How are they alike actually?Phoenix is a mutant born with pshycic powers while Raven is a daugter of a demon.

They only have masks and thats it.Red Skull is a Nazi FUCKING SUPERHUMAN while Black Mask is a mob leader,the only thing that is simillar is the mask,other than that they are nothing alike

Bronze tiger grew up in a black neighborhood in New York while Black Panther is a king of Wakanda,who got his powers of the Panther gods,Bronze Tiger went to China to be taught Kung Fu......They are both based on cats and thats i,besides him and DC Wildcat have a lot more in common

X23 is a genetical clone of Wolverine while Saiko is a childhood friend of Dick Grayson who is persumed dead.The only thing in common is the claws and nothing more,and those claws where used BEFORE Wolverine by Catman and Hawkman.

Jack Frost was a adaptation of the myth Jack Frost and he had no personality or background story whatsoever,they both manipulate ice and thats it.

Bane was inspired by Crossbones clothing and thats it.Crossbones is a assasin trained by Taskmaster i think,while Bane is a serial killer who was injected with a steroid called Venom,and he grew up in a prison.....

Whirlwind is a mutant who spins around in high speed,Red Tornado actually forms a cyclone.They are nothing alike,Whirlwind is a mutant and Red Tornado is a android who was sent to kill Justice League AND didnt the cyclone thing come from that character from Looney Toons? Which is owned by DC+the first Red Tornado debuted in 1960

These groups have a whole diffrent goal,personalities and characters.Negative Man has a energy clone that he can send from his body and cant live without him for 60 seconds+he has a serious personality while Johnny can cloaks himself in fire and can shoot fire and he has comical personality,Elasti Girl doesnt actually stretch,she shrinks and can make herself taller and she isnt a scientist or in any way simillar to Reed(i have read these comics personally),The only one that is simillar is Robotman who actually was made EARLIER in 1949 and not to mention that FF got their team characterisation from Challengers of the Unknown like Rocky Davis,he is a brute who uses his fists in combat and almost never his brain like the Thing,Matthew Ryan a comical stuntman who engages in combat on his own or the scientist Walter Haley who barely ever inagages in combat like Reed and not to mention that Johnny and Reed copied the powers and personalities from Elongated Man and Sun Boy+Rocky Davis in 3# issue of the Challengers of the Unknown crashes to Earth in a UFO because of the accident in space and gets powers which are fire cloaking and manipulation,growing and shrinkin,invisibility and super strenght.Go figure.

Juggernaut is a genius who has i think a crystal that he gets his powers from+he uses force fields while Mammoth is just a strong brute.

A actual legit rippoff well done lel

Because they both clone themselves?LOL DC predated him with Triplicate Girl.

Neither was Hulk in his first issues,they both originated from radioactive matter,they are both well known people,they talk the same way and Grundy WAS strong from the beginning,he ripped of a goddamn safe from the wall and they get stronger with anger.

This list is FILLED with incorrect information,these characters only have equipment or appearance that is simillar,other than that NOTHING(two or three are the only legit ones) These characters have been found on You Tube i persume and it looks like you didnt do any research on them whatsoever.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@debelindzo: Dear god, why would you bump something I said almost a year ago? I don't even want to get into this discussion.

Debelindzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123: What?I didnt even see that dude xD..I guess sorry for bothering you lel

Debelindzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: I know this was a year ago but dude where did you get the green arrow idea?I have his first issue on my computer(dont ask how i got it xD)and he was comical from the beginning.I would say that Hawkeye is more like Batman with the bow considering both have serious personalities

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@debelindzo: I never said he wasnt comical, just that his character had nothing that stood out until the 70's.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@debelindzo: also, I wouldn't say that Hawkeye is like Batman in terms of personality

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Spambot

Most ideas in and of themselves aren't original. Its what writers do with the ideas that separates what they write from what has come before. Much like how GRRMartin took the basic archetypes of fantasy and made it into his own brand of storytelling. Doom Patrol being similar to X-Men doesn't really detract from what many writers have done with the X-Men characters since 1963.

Debelindzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: But what stands out in GA except his comical attitude?I dont really know considering i didnt read the new 52 version

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 559

What does it matter? They aren't rip-off if they are successful not to me. They are just a re imaging.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yes.

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macest128: its happens for often then you think, it sad when you discover your favourite is kind of a rip off :/

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prefer the term "Inspired by", Just like I was once Inspired by the kid sitting next to me in a maths test back when I was at school ;).

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've only read Morrison's Doom Patrol, and it's nothing like most X-Men comics.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well considering the fact that Doom Patrol debuted in June '63 and X-men in September '63, the time gap is way too small to call it a rip-off. Plus besides a few similarities with the original 60s x-men roaster, Doom Patrol isn't like the X-men at all.

Debelindzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: I still dont think that their personalities are alike.Green Arrows short temperance is based on a goal of saving people while Hawkeyes personality is basically bragging and that was when he joined the Avengers in 1965 while GA joined in 1960 to mainly piss off Batman lel

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xmen have a huge fanbase, merchandise, comics, movies, games, toys. Doom Patrol? None of that. If anything Marvel improves and actually popularizes these so called rip-offs.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@debelindzo: (SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, IM NOT FLAMING YOU MY KEYBOARD IS ACTING WIERD)

1. THAT MAY BE SO BUT IT REALLY ONLY ADRESSES WHY HE BEHAVES THAT WAY. IT DOESNT CHANGE THE FACT THAT IT WAS INTRODUCED AFTER HAWKEYE BECAME KNOWN FOR A SIMILAR ATTITUDE.

2. GRREN ARROWS YEMPER HAS ALSO SHOWN UP IN MATTERS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH SAVING PEOPLE JUST AS HAWKEYE HAS. THEY BOTH HAVE THE SAME BASIC ARCHETYPE (HOT TEMPERED, WISE CRACKING WOMANISERS WHO HELP HUMANISE THEIR RESPECTIVE TEAMS) ITS TRUE THEY BOTH HAVE DIFFERENCES THAT HELP THEM STAY UNIQUE BUT THE SIMILARITIES ARE ALSO UNDENIABLE,

Debelindzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: That is true man,i was just saying that he didnt completly took the idea of Hawkeye

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Debelindzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Debelindzo
Avatar image for spectrumunbound
SpectrumUnbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@danhimself said:

everything is a rip off of everything else

after doing alot of research i think mostly anything marvel creates is a rip-off of something from dc example

the hulk is a rip-off of solomon grundy

dr strange is a rip-off of dr fate

ironman is a rip-off of s.t.r.i.p.e

moon knight is a rip-off of batman

the vision is a rip-off of martian manhunter

hawk-eye is a rip-off of green arrow

the sentry is a rip-off of superman

black cat is a rip-off of catwomen

jigsaw is a rip-off of two-face

magneto is a rip-off of dr polaris

apocalyspe and thanos are rip-off of darkseid

deadpool is a rip-off of deathstroke

the young avengers are a rip-off of the teen titans

quasar is a rip-off of green lantern

and im not sure if the avengers are a rip-off of the justice league

Or the opposite on some options,

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Smurfs are The Brownies Rip Off.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Stellar421

@macest128 said:

@danhimself said:

after doing alot of research i think mostly anything marvel creates is a rip-off of something from dc example

Came across this post and just had to reply. We all know Marvel hasn't had an original idea since Spider-Man. Also, FF is a rip off of Challengers of the Unknown.

Penguin2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More inspired than a ripoff. The Doom Patrol are just regular freaks and outcasts, the X-Men is a about a race war and the fear of the next step of evolution. The race war concept is more original than people give it credit for, where the concept of being freaks and outcasts had been done many times before the Doom Patrol, even in comic books like the Hulk.

CristhianM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imagine when the rip offs are more iconic and recognizable than the originals

OG_Guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@macest128 said:

@danhimself said:

Came across this post and just had to reply. We all know Marvel hasn't had an original idea since Spider-Man. Also, FF is a rip off of Challengers of the Unknown.

So many of those is so wrong, ppl see similar powers and equate it to rip off it's hilarious.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@og_guts: Some of these are actually true, to be fair, but the other way around. Manhunter is a rip off of Vision (Aarkus) Challengers were the original FF, Moon Knight and Sentry are intended to be rip offs as well. Avengers were made to counter the JLA during the Sliver Age but hardly a rip off, etc. Quasar is pretty much Marvel's GL Corps through, I can't lie about that.

More inspired than a ripoff. The Doom Patrol are just regular freaks and outcasts, the X-Men is a about a race war and the fear of the next step of evolution. The race war concept is more original than people give it credit for, where the concept of being freaks and outcasts had been done many times before the Doom Patrol, even in comic books like the Hulk.

OG Doom Patrol WAS basically the X-Men. Wheelchair bound guy leading a short band of guys miscast from society with a cocky leader who eventually gets the girl? Doesn't exactly sound all new to me.

SirKaboom15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, because Dr. Polaris and the Doom Patrol are popular enough to have rip-offs.>>

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macest128 said:

@danhimself said:

1. Silver Surfer
  2. Captain America
  3. Galactus
  4. Dr. Doom
  5. Wolverine
  6. Namor (who came before Aquaman btw)
  7. Iron Man (who came before Steel btw)
  8. Scarlet Witch (who came before Zatanna btw)
  9. Ghost Rider
  10. Man Thing (who came before Swamp Thing btw)
  11. Thor
  12. Guardians of the Galaxy
  13. Beta Ray Bill
  14. Ultron
  15. Kang the Conqueror
  16. Red Skull

There's plenty more but I'll leave it there.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, FF is a rip off of Challengers of the Unknown

Jack Kirby ripped off himself???

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Kinda. The Doom Patrol are rip offs of Fantastic Four. It isn't a bad thing.

Penguin2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cristhianm: Not at the start of the they're creation. Most of the X-Men were relatively bland and forgettable characters back in the 60s, while the Doom Patrol members were more iconic and with better backstories. That is except for Professor X, who i think was a more interesting character and with a way better backstory than the chief back in the 60s. That being said, i agree that Marvel did the whole outcast team idea better than the DC, since it even introduced new concepts to the idea, like the race war, segregation and next step of evolution to the superhero genre. And even though the Doom Patrol were some of the first DC heroes since the 1940s to actually have character development and personalities, they still had the DC-problems of the era, like feeling extremely campy and even silly at times, while the X-Men comics were alot more serious. But it was not until 1975, with the debut of Giant-Size X-men #1 that the X-Men got better and more unique characters.

Penguin2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I agree that some of it ripped off the Doom Patrol, but like i said, it did create new concepts to the superhero genre, maybe even literature back in the day, like the concept of the next step of evolution, segregation and race war. Read X-Men Issue 14-16 to get a more clear sense of what i'm talking about.

Penguin2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stellar421: Now i'm more of a DC fan than a Marvel fan, since i like the darker atmosphere, and i like it better for the fact that Batman is my favorite Superhero, though i am a fan of both Marvel and DC, and i almost like them equally, however DC is a bit better in my opinion. However, i don't think most Marvel characters are ripoffs of DC characters, like some DC fanboys claim. But let's take a look.

The Hulk is a ripoff of Solomon Grundy. I haven't read many of the earlier stories with Solomon Grundy, since i think reading the Silver Age DC comics is a waste of time, because of how childish and silly they are. However as far as i know, the Hulk was one of the first antiheroes in comics, and one that some could argue back in the day was more of a villain, and that was pretty original back in the day. However the whole split-personality bit might be considered ripping off Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Now Grundy and Hulk do have similar designs, but as far as i know they're backstories are different, and similar designs don't make ripoffs in my book.

Dr. Strange is a ripoff of Dr. Fate. Why??? Because they're both sorcerers??? Doctor Strange is one of the first superheroes shown to be a dick before changing his ways, and yeah i know that some might argue Spider-Man did that too, but that was more him being young, angry and making some asshole mistakes, not him being a complete dick. In the origin of Doctor Strange, we see that he used to be a complete asshole who only cared about himself and his career. As far as i know Doctor Fate's origin story wasn't like that. Plus Doctor Strange brought dimensional concepts and mythology to comics, the like of which had never been seen before. Plus the fact that it was the Eternity saga, a Doctor Strange Multi-issue arc, published in Strange Tales Issues 130-146 that was the first true graphic novel. So yeah, Doctor Strange wasn't completely original and may have been inspired by Doctor Fate, but i think Doctor Strange is more original than you give him credit for.

Ironman is a ripoff of S.T.R.I.P.E. Well i don't care too much for Ironman or S.T.R.I.P.E., plus the fact that Ironman was one of the more 1-dimensional superheroes back in the early days of Marvel doesn't help either, so not much comment on that one, other than the fact that just because they both have an iron suite doesn't make one of them a ripoff.

Moon Knight is a ripoff of Batman. I haven't gotten around to reading a Moon Knight story. When it comes to Marvel, i've only gotten around to 1966, so idk. I guess the designs are similar, and the fact that they're both very dark heroes, but as far as i know Moon Knight's origin story is way different from Batman's. However Moon Knight never looked all that interesting to me, and some of the things they may have ripped off from Batman, just to cater on to the success to the success of DC's iconic hero.

The Vision is a ripoff of Martian Manhunter. Yeah, they do have similar powers, but again, i don't know about this one, since again i've only gotten around to 1966 with Marvel. But as far as i know, most DC comics didn't have character development back then, so i'm guessing the Vision was a more developed character, and as far as i know they have completely different backstories, and same powers doesn't make ripoffs like i said.

Hawk-eye is a ripoff of Green Arrow. Then Green Arrow is a ripoff of Robin Hood, nuff said.

Sentry is a ripoff of Superman. I've heard that many times before, and i can imagine that one to be correct, but again i haven't gotten around to any Sentry stories yet.

Black Cat is a ripoff of Catwoman. Yeah, this one i could agree with.

Jigsaw is a ripoff of Two-Face. Two-Face is one of my 2 favorite Batman villains along with the Joker. He was even one of the greater villains from back in the earlier days of comics. And i haven't gotten around to reading any Punisher stories yet, so i don't know, but he does look like a ripoff.

Magneto is a ripoff of Doctor Polaris. No, just no. They do have the same power yes, but Magneto is a freedom fighter kinda like Malcom X, who fights for what he believes is best for his people, and i know he was a pretty 1-dimensional villain at first, but when the X-Men got rebooted in 1975, he became one of the best and most original villains in all of comics, while Doctor Polaris is just a lame Jekyll and Hyde-type villain.

Young Avengers are ripoffs of the Teen Titans. Or atleast inspired by them, though it looks like a pretty generic inspiration to me, just Marvel's attempt to cater to the success of the Teen Titans, who were especially popular with they're animated series back when Young Avengers was published in 2005.

Apocalypse and Thanos are ripoffs of Darkseid. Apocalypse i agree, and although i haven't gotten around to the 1970s X-Men comics yet, i have seen the animated series, and Apocalypse is a pretty generic Darkseid-type power hungry villain. As for Thanos.... Well first of all, am i the only one who likes Thanos better than Darkseid??? I mean no, obviously, because of the MCU. But i'm not talking about MCU Thanos, who's just a ripoff of Ra's Al Ghul but on a cosmic scale. I'm talking about comic book Thanos, who wants to destroy the universe because of his love for the personification of death, that's one interesting villain right there. What's Darkseid's goal??? Find the anti-life equation, gain power, take control of the universe yada yada yada, we've seen his type before, he's not that interesting you guys. Thanos is not a ripoff of Darkseid, he's not a power hungry demonic overlord, he's way more interesting. Now i do like the New Gods alot, and Orion is a great character, pretty much the original Luke Skywalker only better and darker, maybe even a darker and more developed version of Thor. However, i never really saw the appeal of Darkseid, i'm sorry. Well maybe he's popular because he was the original evil father villain, and may have been the inspiration for Darth Vader, but Darth Vader is still a way way better villain in my opinion.

Deadpool is a ripoff of Deathstroke. Yeah, in his first appearances. Now he's more of a parody of Deathstroke, and more of a ripoff of every other fourth-wall breaking character, like the Creeper, Bugs Bunny and the Mask. Now i do think he can be very funny, but alot of times he just feels forced. Spider-Man and The Thing from the Fantastic Four are funnier in my opinion. Deathstroke is a pretty decent villain in my opinion, but they did take some of his backstory from Captain America.

And no, just because they're a team of heroes from different comic book series doesn't make them a ripoff, but Marvel did try to cater to DC's success with the Justice League. However like all comics back in the Silver Age, Marvel did a better job, with more developed characters and interesting stories.

But overall, alot of the characters people say are ripoffs aren't really ripoffs, but inspirations and improvements, this was especially true back in the Silver Age of Comics. People saying they're ripoffs are just DC fanboys who are extremely biased.