Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@themetalgearzero said:

@jack_donaghy said:

@themetalgearzero said:

I'm a MARVEL fan more then DC, I didn't like MOS, but I'm PUMPED for Batman v Superman. I really don't have any problems with the armour, and the concept of Batman being physically able to fight Batman. I'm not going to bother myself with those stuff - this'll be EPIC!

Anyways, they're probably just MARVEL fan boys - the people who think that there's a problem with this.

Nah there are a decent amount of DC fans who have problems with this movie too.

That being the case - maybe it's because Iron Man's armour is more durable. And Batman's skin is exposed in parts. Iron Man is fully covered.

Maybe but like I said before we have to see what Batman's armor can do before we write it off as weaker than MCU Iron Man's. I agree about the exposed mouth though I heard someone say maybe there's a metal part and it just lowers when he speaks. I'm hoping for something like that because leaving a part of your body that exposed when fighting Superman isn't too smart.

Yet - if it worked for The Dark Knight Returns animated feature, and the graphic novel for that matter - why cant it work here?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Marvel fans don't complain that much like DC fans, they didn't complain when Iron Man lasted more than 7 secs against Thor, they didn't complain when Iron Man had more screen time and importance than Captain America, they didn't complain when Iron Man 'stole' Hank Pym's idea, they didn't complain when they replaced Antman and Wasp with BW and Hawkeye and I'm sure they won't complain that much if AoU becomes 'Tower of Babel' equivalent, I can't imagine the fan reaction if DC announced a live action adaption Tower of Babel. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel Marvel fans are a lot less angrier than DC fans and these fans are very few comparatively .

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man never actually hurt Thor and just pissed him off. Thor also crushed his armour. Even if you want to count Superman and Thor as equals in strength, Iron Man >> Batman. It's likely they'll introduce Kryptonite which will be just the instant paralysis kind and not the paralysis-one-scene-and-lift-a-f**king-island-of-it-the-next kind.

Maybe BvS Batman >> Iron Man.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

I think Marvel fans don't complain that much like DC fans, they didn't complain when Iron Man lasted more than 7 secs against Thor, they didn't complain when Iron Man had more screen time and importance than Captain America, they didn't complain when Iron Man 'stole' Hank Pym's idea, they didn't complain when they replaced Antman and Wasp with BW and Hawkeye and I'm sure they won't complain that much if AoU becomes 'Tower of Babel' equivalent, I can't imagine the fan reaction if DC announced a live action adaption Tower of Babel. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel Marvel fans are a lot less angrier than DC fans and these fans are very few comparatively .

Good points Marvel fans do seem to complain less than DC fans.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By RustyRoy

@knightfall225 said:

I don't have a problem with it . It looks awesome. And I want superman to destroy batman in the first fight , but then batman to win in the second which would lead into his iconic speech lol. People just want a reason to hate the DCCU is all

That would be great.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

well the reason i didnt have a problem with the irom man/thor fight was once thor was able to grab him he was crushing his armor, and imo thor was much slower than man of steel

however he was really affected by his home environment, so we'll see how he does with kryptonite(even though no one should really know)

plus from comics batman doesn't have all that much that should really be able to affect him given his fight scenes in mos

but i'll watch it to see how they do

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People have double standards about Batman

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only people that b!tch about this crap is intense fanboys on Comic Vine.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Again it doesn't matter if comic Bruce isn't as powerful as comic Tony if Snyder wants to make THIS Batman as powerful as him there's nothing to stop him from doing it. You said Bruce isn't known for building armors when he is. Not as often as Tony obviously but most people know he has built amor and exo suits in the past. He isn't like Cap or Green Arrow or someone like that who literally has never built power armor in their lives it's not odd to have him build one.

Bruce isn't known for building armors. He's known for his intelligence and tactics. He has built suits before but nothing that could take on Superman convincingly like Lex's battle armor. I don't think any movie version character has been more powerful than their comic counterpart so why would this Batman suddenly be?

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

Maybe BvS Batman >> Iron Man.

Maybe but unlikely. Anything can make sense if written correctly though I guess.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_donaghy said:

Again it doesn't matter if comic Bruce isn't as powerful as comic Tony if Snyder wants to make THIS Batman as powerful as him there's nothing to stop him from doing it. You said Bruce isn't known for building armors when he is. Not as often as Tony obviously but most people know he has built amor and exo suits in the past. He isn't like Cap or Green Arrow or someone like that who literally has never built power armor in their lives it's not odd to have him build one.

Bruce isn't known for building armors. He's known for his intelligence and tactics. He has built suits before but nothing that could take on Superman convincingly like Lex's battle armor. I don't think any movie version character has been more powerful than their comic counterpart so why would this Batman suddenly be?

Maybe because they're going to fight and there's no sign of K-nite. And just because something hasn't done before doesn't mean it won't happen. There's still a possibility that K-nite will be involved but if its not then maybe BvS Batman has better armor than his comic book counterpart.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And if the rumors are true about him using Batdrones then this guy is good with tech.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy:

Or maybe Superman is just nowhere near his comic counterpart.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy:

He doesn't need to, he's already very powerful.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@jack_donaghy said:

Lex's battle armor has been punked by Deathstroke.

@rustyroy said:

Nah Marvel has just as many fans if not greater,what you're seeing here is a symptom of a much larger problem. When it comes to DC both Superman and WW fans are by far the most vocal,myopic and divided. That's what you get after constant reboots,retcons,overhauls etc,that's why I hate Geoff Johns he serves to exacerbate this problem. Now we have fanboys running around with their own idealized versions of these characters and refusing to accept other versions.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly they just need to stop being so pessimistic about it.Snyder knows the weight on his shoulder of this movie WB wouldn't let this guy just mess up why do you think they had someone else re-write the script?People are acting like Snyder is going to intentionally make Batman beat the hell out of Superman just for shits and giggles.I'm sure they WB and Snyder received the mixed opinions on Man Of Steel hence why they brought someone else in to re-write some stuff.

I mean seriously how are you supposed to enjoy anything?We're living in the Golden Age of movies right now enjoy it while it lasts.We're getting the 3 most iconic super-heroes on screen for the first time I've imagined that for years now its happening.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#67  Edited By Wolverine008

Don't really care to comment about Batman and Superman fighting, but I do notice that the people here using Iron Man vs Thor as an example of the MCU letting silly things don't really remember that Tony's armor was amped by 400 freaking percent and he was still going to lose had Captain America had not intervened.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either way there'll be complaining. Whether Synder has Batman beat Superman or vice versa, people will b*tch and complain because there fav character lost or looked "weak"..... Doesn't matter to me at all, I just want the movie/fight to be good no matter how it ends up.

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still don't understand why Batman and Superman are going to be fighting each other, even if it is just for a short period of time.

Avatar image for tylerdurden7272
TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: No he didn't, he only held out long enough for Catwoman to get Lois.

He had a shattered hand and Superman was seconds away from beating him to death with a car. And that was with Superman and Batman admitting that Superman was holding back.

That ring was a gesture of trust, nothing more.

The ring was not just a gesture of trust and "nothing more". It's because Clark "trusts" Batman to do what's necessary. To lead the rest of the league against a mind controlled/evil Superman should that ever happen. He "trusts" Batman's leadership skills and he trusts Batman's intelligence. Also Bruce did not shatter his hand. He said he was close to shattering his hand. And I seem to remember Clark also saying "Now more than ever, I know I gave the ring to the right person." You're also forgetting Batman had very minimal prep. He wasn't going there to fight Supes, it just happened. And I thought Batman fanboys were annoying.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@testament: guess you don't know what a gesture of trust means. I just said that Superman didn't give him the ring because he thought Batman could solo him with it and you're saying that Batman would lead the JL to defeat a rouge Superman...

What's the difference? Batman doesn't solo.

And yeah, saying one more hit would shatter your hand means that you already broke most of the bones in it, smartest man in the universe. And prep or not, both of them admitted to Clark fighting Ivy's control hence why Clark didn't just speed blitz him and that his reaction was slow enough for Batman to evade his punches.

Batman even admitted that if Superman had wanted to kill him, he would've.

Avatar image for tylerdurden7272
TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@testament: guess you don't know what a gesture of trust means. I just said that Superman didn't give him the ring because he thought Batman could solo him with it and you're saying that Batman would lead the JL to defeat a rouge Superman...

What's the difference? Batman doesn't solo.

And yeah, saying one more hit would shatter your hand means that you already broke most of the bones in it, smartest man in the universe. And prep or not, both of them admitted to Clark fighting Ivy's control hence why Clark didn't just speed blitz him and that his reaction was slow enough for Batman to evade his punches.

Batman even admitted that if Superman had wanted to kill him, he would've.

Where did I say "Batman solos"? Your acting like I'm a Batman fanboy. I'm a fan not a fanboy. His bones were just fine during the rest of the issue and pretty much the entire story. He didn't even bring up his hand during the rest of the story so I would assume his hand wasn't broken. If a man brings up a counter argument to your statement you have to sarcastically reply to him and call him "the smartest man universe"? This is why it's hard for me to like Superman. His fans take the fun out of it for me.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve said:

@jack_donaghy said:

Lex's armor is specifically geared towards Superman. Deathstroke does a lot of things.

@rustyroy said:

@pokeysteve said:

@rustyroy:

Not compared to his comic self.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@pokeysteve said:

@jack_donaghy said:

Lex's armor is specifically geared towards Superman. Deathstroke does a lot of things.

@rustyroy said:

@pokeysteve said:

@rustyroy:

But still very powerful, people here actually made threads saying he could take the whole Avengers team alone.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: You're missing the point, you agree with me. A rouge Superman won't be stopped by Batman and that ring. We both agree on that, you're just phrasing it in a different way.

And you're the one who started this, not me. Who cares if you don't like Superman? I'm not going to cry myself to sleep because you don't like him, plenty of people don't like Superman.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Jack Donaghy
@wolverine08 said:

Don't really care to comment about Batman and Superman fighting, but I do notice that the people here using Iron Man vs Thor as an example of the MCU letting silly things don't really remember that Tony's armor was amped by 400 freaking percent and he was still going to lose had Captain America had not intervened.

That's not the point my point was that prior to seeing the movie we knew Thor and Iron Man were going to fight and there was no "I hope Iron Man doesn't win." talk. Sure Thor turned out to dominate the fight but before the movie was released no one was panicking over the idea of Iron Man winning or holding his own. We don't even know if Batman will win, the fight will probably be like Iron Man and Thor's. No one has said he'll stand no chance against the Hulk in AoU or that Hulk is too much for him. I didn't hear anyone cry that Iron Man will make their favorite look bad or weak. But they're doing it with Batman in BvS. And people saying it's because Superman is so fast yeah he is but a huge speed edge hasn't stopped the Rogues from challenging Flash.

@pokeysteve said:

@jack_donaghy said:

All he would really need is Kryptonite like I already mentioned that's all Lex needed in SR to beat the crap out of him. He didn't even need a power suit to do it so if they introduce it there's a way for Batman to beat him. I'm still surprised that Superman fans had no problem with the Lex beat down in SR but would go crazy i Batman had done the same.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:
@rustyroy said:

@pokeysteve said:

@rustyroy:

But still very powerful, people here actually made threads saying he could take the whole Avengers team alone.

I agree with them but the Avengers weren't as powerful as their comic selves either. The ones that would matter against Superman at least.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All he would really need is Kryptonite like I already mentioned that's all Lex needed in SR to beat the crap out of him. He didn't even need a power suit to do it so if they introduce it there's a way for Batman to beat him. I'm still surprised that Superman fans had no problem with the Lex beat down in SR but would go crazy i Batman had done the same.

I'll say it again, Lex had AN ISLAND of Kryptonite. It wasn't just a sliver. It was hundreds of tons of Kryptonite.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I still don't know why these two characters have to fight?

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually did complain about the Thor/Iron man fight. Heck, I don't think Hulk should be able to lay a finger on Thor, much less Tony. I don't care how much he amps up his armor, and Captain America would be of little help (like none) if they really went at it. Anyhow, I do think many Marvel fans kind of have "Marvel Goggles" at least when it comes to the films, and DC fans maybe are more critical? Not saying one is better than the other, maybe DC fans are too critical?

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's only called Batman v Superman because of popularity reasons. I doubt Snyder will want to have Batman beat Superman even if the Batfans say Batman can kick Superman's butt even though it only happened twice in the comics by a certain Frank Miller.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: movie Thor in his solo movie practically one shotted the destroyer armor tho .

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd just like to point out that Iron Man didn't even hurt Thor in that fight,only held him back/pissed him off lol.Movie Thor is alot more durable than people give him credit for,in all three movies he appears in ( Thor, Avengers, Thor 2) the only person who did any significant damage to him was Kurse in Thor 2.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: movie Thor in his solo movie practically one shotted the destroyer armor tho .

Isnt it possible that the Movie Destroyer armor isnt as strong as the comic one?

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If batman did defeat Superman, it better be because Superman has no intention of fighting and was holding back 110%, he used his powers to null out his powers so he would be as equal durability of cotton candy. and let the assumed random bat guy hurt him on purpose because superman is stupid.