yaboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So...how well is Ant-Man gonna do?

My two cents:

I think its gonna be a hit. Its the first cbm to come out after Avengers2. FF, if it comes, releases three weeks after AM. There's not really any major competition either. July 17 is an excellent summer date. And I'm pretty sure its gonna be great. A2 boost combined with great WOM should push the film at the B.O.

So will fail or success? If its a success exactly how well will it do at the B.O. Predictions wanted.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

I think it's gonna be Marvels first failure haha. So many people are leaving the project which leads me to believe it isn't going very well.

yaboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By Hayden86

It.will.suck.

yaboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: so many people? besides Edgar who?

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Transformers1024

I think it's going to be great. Might even be one of the greatest Marvel films.

Vks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

I think it's gonna be Marvels first failure haha. So many people are leaving the project which leads me to believe it isn't going very well.

Don't worry marvel studios and the MCU are establish brands with the general public, and the film is right after the Avengers 2!

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

I think it will do great. Heist movies do pretty well. And the fact that it's a marvel film, it should do great.

I predict 400-500 million range.

Beata

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

Lots of people left nearly every Marvel movie,.....hasn't slowed them down yet.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yaboi: Adam Mckay actually even left at one point. I mean it's not good when your director leaves. And I predict 500-600M

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

The only other person worth noting besides Edgar was Patrick Wilson and it's been confirmed he couldn't do it do to scheduling conflicts. That being said Ant-Man is the only movie that has me worried of busting. Not only is the character not very popular, his power isn't exactly the coolest, and the changes that were made may turn comics fans off. So Marvel has to come out with an awesome trailer or something to really get people pumped for it.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

@eyedcyou said:

The only other person worth noting besides Edgar was Patrick Wilson and it's been confirmed he couldn't do it do to scheduling conflicts. That being said Ant-Man is the only movie that has me worried of busting. Not only is the character not very popular, his power isn't exactly the coolest, and the changes that were made may turn comics fans off. So Marvel has to come out with an awesome trailer or something to really get people pumped for it.

It seems that this is going to be there biggest challenge yet but a trailer would be helpful too.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its gonna fail miserably.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

@shadowswordmaster: Considering how many people liked Now you see me, there is obviously an audience for the genre. And having the Marvel nametag is a guranteed 100million at least.

Beata

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#18  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I hope it rocks the box office like a hurricane and blows the audiences minds.

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidey_jackson: Failure was probably a bit of a harsh word on my part. I think it's going to be Marvel's least successful film. That's what I meant.

@eyedcyou said:

Yeah, I think his power is going to be a bit of a turn-off for some people. I honestly think some members of the GA will think it's a spoof movie. Nothing against Ant-Man... but it'd be like if The Atom got his own movie. It just feels unnecessary. Why didn't they give Captain Marvel a movie first? That would've made so much more sense. In my opinion, Guardians of the Galaxy wasn't Marvel flexing its confidence, Ant-Man is.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dimitridkatsis

Maybe.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By BeaconofStrength

It'd be a hit if Pym was the star. Ant-Man isn't too popular to begin with, and pissing of Pym fans (a large majority of Ant-Man fan base) isn't going to help. Lang is boring and suffers from Ms. Marvel syndrome.

I don't think it'll flop, but I don't think it'll be a groundbreaker.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

Lots of people left nearly every Marvel movie,.....hasn't slowed them down yet.

Ant-Man is the big problem though. I mean, a lot of comic fans are saying they have no interest in the movie. Ant-Man just shouldn't be made into a movie.

supernerd993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its not going to attract mainstream crowd as much as you think. Quoting my neighbor "fucking ant-man...what the fuck".

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: Well it was in the works for 6 years, Ms Marvel wasn't.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: Well it was in the works for 6 years, Ms Marvel wasn't.

That still doesn't explain why they decided 6 years ago to give Antman a movie over so many other interesting characters.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FearTheLiving

@eyedcyou: Edgar Wright wanted to do it. I doubt Ant-Man would have gotten his own movie otherwise. If Edgar Wright didn't come along we would have most likely had Pym and Wasp in Avengers, Joss was dropping some serious hints to that effect (Avengers script was rather Waspy). I imagine at that point that felt like Ant-Man was too far along to abandon; then of course by the time they're getting to the movie it just didn't fit quite into the MCU how they initially imagined.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@eyedcyou: marvels first failure lol. What about thor2 and iron man 2. I do agree. But I had such high hopes.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By EyeDCyou

@feartheliving: Well I suppose the directors have all the say at the end. I would've much rather preferred it if they were introduced in Avengers 3.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: They didn't make a Captain Marvel movie fist, because making an Ant-Man movie is infinitely easier. Not to mention they can begin the Ultrom hype train through Ant-Man. Carol honestly doesn't bring much to the table currently.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: marvels first failure lol. What about thor2 and iron man 2. I do agree. But I had such high hopes.

Those movies were bad, but they still made a ton of money.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FearTheLiving

@comicdude360: Neither wore bombs at the box office nor are critical failures. (Both are rated better than Man of Steel)

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: true. If we are talking about money it'll be marvels least successful. At least the aquaman jokes will turn to ant man jokes though. "A man who only power is to talk to ants and become one. What a great power."

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: Not exactly build it, but they can expand on it. An Ant-Man movie isn't really hard to pull off. It seems like it'll be a funny heist movie, which is pretty simple.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: I would have preferred they be in Avengers. Hawkeye's my favorite character but Ant-man and Wasp were founding members they deserved to be in there and if that meant cutting out Hawkeye I would have rather them did it.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Comicdude360

@feartheliving: but man of steel was pretty bad. I enjoyed it but as a movie it wasn't good.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: but man of steel was pretty bad. I enjoyed it but as a movie it wasn't good.

Mentioning Man of Steel might very well be the end of this thread. As it has been for so many threads in the past.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude360: It's still kicked off the DCCU. I agree I didn't care for it, but even Marvel's "worst" is better than their competition's best (as of now).

(And before anyone comments that I'm bashing DC I'm not, just looking at their ratings from RT nothing more nothing less)

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

inb4 Man of Steel bashing. And now I'm out.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i'm waiting on Dr. Strange.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@eyedcyou: Ant-Man can't crash harder than Man of Sears. Marvel would have to intentionally make it awful.

;)

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: if dawn bombs though. Dc won't survive.

If BvS is the worst superhero movie of all time, it still won't bomb.

@eyedcyou: It can't crash harder than Man of Sears.

;)

If that fight had happened in real life, there would've been a Sears there anyway :)

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: that is true I enjoyed it but as a movie it was overly dramatic. I really hate the threads cause it turns into a war between dc and marvel fanboys the words man of steel should just be banned.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude360: There is zero chance of DoJ bombing. I think they already made back a lot of their budget through product placement and add in that these are two iconic heros stepping on the screen for the first time it doesn't have a chance of bombing. Now if this movie is terrible look to their next film to take a hit.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: I mean if it's terrible. If they cram everything in it'll just feel like justice league #0: showing characters you already know about.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By EyeDCyou

@comicdude360 said:

@feartheliving: I mean if it's terrible. If they cram everything in it'll just feel like justice league #0: showing characters you already know about.

The roles that Aquaman, Cyborg, & Flash are going to be playing in BvS are going to be reallllyyy small. Probably just cameos. Jason Mamoa gave an interview about being Aquaman a few days ago and he said that he didn't even know if he'd be appearing in BvS. If his role was major, I think he'd know by now.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@eyedcyou: Terrible an blatant ads now make it realistic. Luckily The Corprate Shill of Sears is always ready to stage a fight at Sears. Then he proceeds to level the entire city.

MoS, a Superman movie, literally broke the record for most product placements in a movie. DC apparently didn't have much faith in their flagship.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont think it will be a hit but who knows.