A JIMMIES RUSLED EXCLUSIVE: Is DC more mature than Marvel?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

meaTman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By meaTman

"I like DC because its for adults" I'm sure you've heard this much as I have. but is it true? Or is it simply a space filler for DCfans who run out of something to say during a Marvel/DC debate.

I've heard it said DC is more mature due to its adult themed content in its movies. Movies like the Watchman, TDK trilogy, V for Vendetta, Road to perdition, MOS etc... Does this make DC darker or more mature than Marvel? Well lets look at MS adult themed movies: Blade trilogy, Various Punisher films, Ghost Rider, A argument can be made for Kick-ass since it was a Marvel comic. Most importantly because these shows are made directly by Marvel studios are CA:TWS, Hulk, IM1, Netflix series: DD, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Defenders. Which will all be Rated tv-ma. IM3 also imo due to its high amount of cursing, sex talk, showing of drug abuse and on screen death. And Tony dealing with PTSD. Tho IM3 had comedy as well you simply don't get that kinda of adult content in core cbms. Tony literally shot humans in the movie. So as for over-all live action I think Marvel has the jump. An argument could be made for some of Marvels more adult themed content being made by other studios making them more mature not Marvel. But I don't buy that. Mostly because Marvel is a young studio far as film goes. They just needed a little time. Just look at the Netflix series. DC has NEVER put out anything Rated-R in its core universe. Marvel has literally broke new ground and personally I can't wait till April 10th!

As far as comics go to the best of my knowledge, Marvel has just as many adult themed books as any other studio. So many in fact I'm not even gonna attempt to name them off. So just because DC was bought by WB and had a big backer before Marvel did who shuffled thru some random DC mature properties looking to make a quick buck does that really make them more mature? Hardly.

On the animated front I would just have to say DC beat Marvel to the punch. DC put out a lot more content quicker because they have been backed by WB for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong time now. So by ratio DC would have simply just natrully had more non adult and adult content. But Marvels been on the move latetly. Addmitedly their still far behind but the adult content is there. Just look at Hulk vs., Planet Hulk, Avengers Confidential, All four Madhouse anime. X-men, IM, Blade and Wolverine. So I don't think its fair to say DC is more mature simply because they've had more time to make more animation in general.

So who do I think is more hard core? for the moment.....Marvel! Due to the Netflix series being 5 mature tv shows that, wait for it....actually matter because ther apart of the core universe and not just some random obscure property WB used to make a quick buck.

So IMO the whole "DC is more mature" argument is nothing more than just bias fanboys trying to find an edge for ther favorite company. Especially since DC is kinda lacking these days. And really with the inherit silliness of DC's overall presentation I kinda feel like DC doesn't have much of a choice but to go dark. A light hearted Superman would never work. How many is Superman lame treads have we had on this site alone. And Batman with no powers fighting crazy clown man and running around with 15 year olds wearing 1950's crook masks. DC material will never work without being serious. Just look at Snyder's Aquaman.

So what do you say Viners is ther substantial argument for DC to be a more adult themed company? Are is this argument well....BULLOCKS!

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The amount of jimmies rustled by DC Comics' superiority is over 9000.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By judasnixon
No Caption Provided

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

No Caption Provided

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

K.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kramotz

It seems meaTman's jimmies have been rustled because DC > Marvel.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers