Fanfiction Reviews

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By TypingKira

Hey guys! So some people stumble into the fanfiction thread and since we have so much great great writing on here, I though that maybe it would be helpful for some to have a Review thread so that people can find either:

A.) a fanfic they really liked but forgot the name of, or 
B.) want to find a new piece to whittle the hours away on. 

This would also be a great thread to recommend an original piece to the community, since so many of the Fanfic Forum contributors offer their own works to the hounds (us). 

Try to be constructive in any criticism that you offer, and don't just say something like, "I didn't like this piece." Say something more like, "I feel this piece could use some work in these areas. . . " 

You can review an entire series, or just a single chapter, either or, but you are not allowed to review your own work. This is because writers are viciously biased ;}

Try to keep your reviews organized, in a format like this:

The Name of the story and the user that wrote/posted it 
A brief summary (No more than 5 sentences)  
The things I liked 
Things that could be improved on 
People who would like this fic 

So have fun, and remember, be constructive. ;}

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CapFanboy

Midguardian-  by TypingKira

Does it really need any introduction? popular series which sequels the acclaimed Asguardian. Following the second chapter in beloved Anthy's life as she goes through the trials of love, war and Daddy issues. oh yeah, and something involving Mjolnir. Seriously, READ IT!!!! {if you do not, Thor will strike you down in your sleep...}

erm...I LOVED EVERYTHING!!!! apart from Karnilla and enchantress, though they are pretty cool in their own right, AND BALDER!!! hehehe- oh, sorry. Just the thought of Balder as naughty bear...

MORE BETA-RAY PONY!!!!!!!

EVERYONE SHOULD LIKE IT!!! {as I said before- If you don't, I'm not holding back Thor.}

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TypingKira

The Soldier and the Weapon -- By fbdarkangel 

The story of Laura Kinney and Steve Rogers, and their slightly off romance. Only three chapters in, this story has captured my attention as young Laura travels to Kenya for reasons unknown to Top Cop Rogers. Meanwhile Rogers is having strange visions of his Howlin' Commandos teammate Logan's clone/daughter. 

I personally love this pairing. The dynamic is stated well in the title, between the traditional, patriotic soldier and the young, experienced, but still naive weapon. The narrative is great, the writing impressive, especially considering that many of the chapters were written while the writer was in the middle of exams! As well as the amount of research involved. The writer deftly utilizes real Kenyan phrases and tribal beliefs into the narrative. 

The descriptions can be a little awkward at times, and sometimes the almost script-like format can trip me up, but those are my only qualms with this series aside from the fact that chapters come out rather slowly (again, not the writer's fault. We all know classwork). 

People who would like this would be fans of the Byronic hero stock character, lovers of X-23, and anyone suffering from Cap-Fancy, as well as those just looking for a decent piece of non-comic writing featuring these two beloved characters. 
Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Nice idea….

good way to get exposure for all the talented writers around here.
RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#4  Edited By RazzaTazz
@Icarusflies said:
" Nice idea….
good way to get exposure for all the talented writers around here.
"
Dont you think Kira deserves starlet for all the effort she puts into fan fic?
Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator
@RazzaTazz: Yeah, I've been voting for her.
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Darkchild

Will someone review my Sinner Stories? Their a ways back but if u search em there easy to find.

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TypingKira

Since our dear Impersonator is back, I thought I'd do a review for his most popular work -- Freaks. 

Freaks episodes -- Impersonator. 

Written in the style of a dialogue script in a comic, Freaks details the journey of several mutants in the Marvel universe and their trials and tribulations as both mutants and people. 

I really enjoy the writer's unique approach to his fanfiction. The writer weaves in emotion and action in a way that leaves readers begging for more. Continuity is no problem for this ninja, as each chapter adds to a cohesive storyline. Each character is different, with subtle nuances in speech captured but few glaringly obvious. 

Personally, I'd like to see a bit more description of what's going on around the characters or their actions, but hey, other than that, this fan has no complaints! 

Fans of the X-Men, Mutants in general, or of the entire Marvel U would like this story, as it's all there!
Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Constantine

Not really fan fic (as i don't particularly use comic characters) but I have fanfics in my bio so checking them out would be cool

and I do have a Batman of the future one which Im proud of

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By SC  Moderator
User that wrote/posted it: SugarBlossom
A brief summary: This story is tremendous! I am so surprised that it has not got more comments, even just to encourage. The main character is super awesome and interesting, the descriptive detail is amazing and really helps draw you into the story. Everything flows very well, and although a lot of details are packed in, things are always nice and tidy and never indulgent or gratuitous. Its a very well crafted piece of writing and its just the start! Each progressive chapter just amps! Very cool and enjoyable read! 
The things I liked: The main character and the quality of writing. Level of detail too. 
Things that could be improved on: Canadian spacing can be confusing for non Canadians. Occasionally some words disappear. These could be fixed, maybe? 
People who would like this fic: People with eyes. People that breathe. Humans. Aliens. Sentient beings. Inorganic matter. 

SugarBlossom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By SugarBlossom
@SC said:
"
User that wrote/posted it: SugarBlossom
A brief summary: This story is tremendous! I am so surprised that it has not got more comments, even just to encourage. The main character is super awesome and interesting, the descriptive detail is amazing and really helps draw you into the story. Everything flows very well, and although a lot of details are packed in, things are always nice and tidy and never indulgent or gratuitous. Its a very well crafted piece of writing and its just the start! Each progressive chapter just amps! Very cool and enjoyable read! 
The things I liked: The main character and the quality of writing. Level of detail too. 
Things that could be improved on: Canadian spacing can be confusing for non Canadians. Occasionally some words disappear. These could be fixed, maybe? 
People who would like this fic: People with eyes. People that breathe. Humans. Aliens. Sentient beings. Inorganic matter. 

"
You are too kind.  I posted in the bug forum about disappearing words.  Should be mostly place names?
Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Constantine
@Constantine said:
" Not really fan fic (as i don't particularly use comic characters) but I have fanfics in my bio so checking them out would be cooland I do have a Batman of the future one which Im proud of "
Here's a link :D

Batman: At Dark Ends
TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TypingKira

Batman: At Dark Ends -- Constantine

A dark, gritty tale of a horrible crime gone wrong, as the Batman faces the Ratman in the black alleys of Gotham. 

The writer does well in establishing the grimness of this tale and the horror villains face as they encounter the Batman. Not much to say as it is a short story, but there is definitely something here. 

The writer could use a few more descriptive words, but other than that, a great story and a thrill to read. 

This story is great for anyone who likes Batman, Gotham, a grim thriller type story, or fans of the RPG series Daedalus Rising. 

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By castleking

i guess my story didnt warrant a review but whatever, i didnt want one anyways...  >(

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TypingKira
@castleking: Hey, it takes a while! I get it if you're joking around or something, but there's a alot of thought that goes into those little reviews. So chill. 
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By castleking

i;m joking.. i dont want one anyways..
i 'm already chillin, you're cold as ice and can be pretty harsh in your assessment that you got me trembling..

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TypingKira
@castleking: Sorry, I thought you wanted one but were being sarcastic. Impatient people really bother me (I work with kids).
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By castleking
@TypingKira said:
" @castleking: Sorry, I thought you wanted one but were being sarcastic. Impatient people really bother me (I work with kids). "
well, i only want one if so long as it is nothing but good things.. you know the old adage.
i worked with kids in the past dont know what you talkin about..
 i worked with 5 yr olds up to late teens.(MA instructor)

plus i worked with young adults that are pretty much overgrown kids in the military.
TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TypingKira
@castleking: I work with kids ten and under, and I'm a nanny for twin one year olds. So I can't stand it when people act like kids :/  Lol. 
Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Constantine
@TypingKira said:
" Batman: At Dark Ends -- Constantine

A dark, gritty tale of a horrible crime gone wrong, as the Batman faces the Ratman in the black alleys of Gotham. 

The writer does well in establishing the grimness of this tale and the horror villains face as they encounter the Batman. Not much to say as it is a short story, but there is definitely something here. 

The writer could use a few more descriptive words, but other than that, a great story and a thrill to read. 

This story is great for anyone who likes Batman, Gotham, a grim thriller type story, or fans of the RPG series Daedalus Rising. 

"
nice, I really must continue with this :D
Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#23  Edited By The Impersonator
@TypingKira: Thanks for the review, Kira. I'm glad you're enjoying the series. :)
TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TypingKira
@The Impersonator: No problem :} 
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The Impersonator

Asguardian by TypingKira

What can I say about this series? This series was awesome from start to finish. TypingKira created one of my favorite characters, Anthy whose destiny is to become the future hero of Asgard.
What I liked about this series when Anthy is taking her steps of being a hero and was under the wing of Thor and his allies. Great story and character development of 22 chapters. 
Things to improved on? Well, I gotta say that this series was perfect. 
People who loved reading Thor comics should read Asguardian. But before reading the sequel, Midguardian, readers should check out Asguardian first. You wouldn't want to miss out the action in the first series. Great series for Thor fans. As Thor would say, FOR ODIN! FOR ASGARD!  
TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TypingKira
@The Impersonator: Just realized I never thanked you for the review!
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The Impersonator

@TypingKira
Your welcome, Kira! Anytime. :)

If you haven't read it yet, I recently posted Freaks episodes 51 and 52 which guest-stars HumanX's character Skylar Medley from New X-Men (Intersperse) series.