Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 77- White Fear

Her name was Laura North. The woman whom David fell in love with. David always wanted to tell her how he was a mutant born with special powers. But it's just that these special powers could scare her. David was explainin' the whole story to me while I was bein' chained. At first, it was a love story, but everythin' went in shambles. It's like when two lovers have broken up and got separated from their precious lives. When Laura first met David, she knew that there was somethin' special about him. Even though she didn't knew the whole thing. She was only an architect, wantin' to build houses in the Northern Canadian region. After spendin' some quality time with each other, they finally got married and settled into a cabin, which he helped Laura built it. She was a smart woman with full of big dreams like every other woman on the planet. A happy couple, yet David neva wanted to talk about his past. That he killed so many innocent lives in the process, while he was reprogrammed into a dangerous soldier. He felt guilty for not tellin' so many hidden things to her. However, he also felt that it was best to keep them a secret. If ya ask me, it was very tough for David to keep these kinda secrets. Marriage is all about honesty and sharin' things with each other. But David ain't doin' a thing about it. He thought that if Laura knew about his deadly secret, then she wouldn't have married him. Or Christy wouldn't have been born.

It was three years later that David and Laura had a child. A special child just like her daddy. David was afraid that due to his mutant gene, it could pass onto his child and not knowin' what kinda powers she would have. He secretly asked the doctor to find out the test results behind her child. The doctor said that his baby daughter was normal. It seemes like a good luck on David's life. But that was the other way around. The true fact is that mutant powers only get manifested durin' puberty. It was kinda strange how the doctors were not able to identify the gene or tell how it was different. I asked David who the doctor was, just to make sure whom he had spoken with. But David said the doctor was only a normal person.

David and Christy stayed in the cabin while Laura plans to build a big house in the Northwest Territories. A big house so that they could live in, comfortably. Laura worked hard day and night to support her daughter and David was also helpin' her. With his bare hands, carryin' the logs, woods, and some parts of broken trees. It was a lot of hard work even for the couple to endure. Christy was 13 years old at the time when both her parents were buildin' a house. She was outgoin' and likes to play baby games in her own time. One day later, Christy began to move tiny rocks and stones around the air. When Laura saw this, she couldn't believe her eyes, thinkin' that it was only a dream. But it ain't a dream for the ambitious architect. She called out to her daughter, who was playin' some mind games. It seems that Christy can manipulate the rocks and other kinds of earthly matter. Like liftin' them up or turnin' them into somethin' else. David also saw the event and realize that he and the doctor were wrong. That Christy ain't a normal child. Laura's face had shown a confused look and she turned towards David. She was like askin' things like "What's happenin' to her?" David didn't say a word at that point. He thought that it was the best time to explain everythin' to his dearest wife. The night later, David told the whole truth to Laura. She was shocked of hearin' the news and that she got angry for not being honest with him. David wished he could have explained it sooner or earlier but he was afraid that Laura wouldn't accept him. Then they were arguin' with each other while Christy was able to hear their shouts and a few angry words. She came downstairs, wantin' to break up the fight. But Laura went out the door and slammed shut behind David. Davd opened the door and called out to Laura who was walkin' fast away from the cabin.

David couldn't leave Christy alone so he told her to come with her. It was so cold outside that they had to wear jackets and boots on. The snow was heavy and the wind blew towards their heads like freezin' ice. David tried his best to search for Laura. It's like Laura had escaped from everythin' which is bein' hidden from her. Christy held tight to his hands, just in case she wouldn't let go of him. There were some rocks blockin' their way. David told her to move those rocks away so that they can pass through. Christy was sorta a powerful mutant and yet she could do these things at a young age. She moved the heavy rocks away in seconds. While she moved the rocks, a loud noise was heard throughout the cold area. David must be thinkin' that it could be Laura. But it wasn't Laura though. The noise went too high that it sounded like a roarin' lion. David and Christy went further and further away into the deep trenches of snow. Then David noticed some blood, which got dripped near the footprints. He took a closer look at the prints and knew they were Laura's. He told Christy to stay there for a while. He walked faster on the heavy snow until he found a dead body. He came closer to the dead body and lowered himself down. He was shocked to see that his wife was killed. But he knew what killed her. The loud roar felt familiar to him, yet David neva knew that the white beast would come to the Northwest Territories. His wife's chest was completely slashed by the creature which every legend came to be known as the Wendigo. Christy came over to see what happened and then cried like a baby.

After hearin' his scary story, it looks like the nightmare hasn't been over yet. He told me that anyone could become the Wendigo. But there was still no explanation why the Wendigo was born. Even David doesn't know that. I looked at David's eyes, feelin' sorry for him. I neva knew that his life was ruined by the fact that he caused Laura to leave him and his young daughter. Christy must have felt the pain as well.

She did have the power to move rocks and stones in one giant flip. But I don't think she would be able to forget what happened to her mother. Christy was protectin' her dad so that she couldn't be alone. She also didn't wanna see another loved one die.

"I only have her....Logan," David said. "You should understand that."

"I see. Were you able to catch the Wendigo?"

"No Logan. I tried to find it. But it was moving faster than I thought."

"It looks like we have to kill it again. But you have to release me first."

Before David could untie my chains off, he came closer to me, sayin' things out of my expectations. It was somethin' different which I hadn't heard of.

"There is a way to cure this curse, Logan. I know a person who could do it."

"Who?" I asked, wonderin' what kinda person can possibly cure the Wendigo curse. I guess anythin' is possible these days. I'm also thinkin' that David doesn't want to kill whoever is inside that white beast. It is the fact that he doesn't want to kill any innocent person anymore. He finally replied to my question of the person who could help lift the curse away.

"A shaman."

To be continued in Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 78- The Cure

Holy $h!t! Now, you know what happened to David's wife and it ain't pretty. But can this shaman cure the Wendigo curse? And who is this shaman anyway? Find out in the next terryfying chapter of Wolverine. It's time for another huntin' season, bubs. SNIKT!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.