Marvel Mayhem: DEADLY GAMES #2

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Irishlad

Previous Chapter Here: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-event-deadly-games-1-let-the-games-b-1599765/

For More Mayhem Go Here: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-library-1459473/#95/

No Caption Provided

------------------------------------------------------------

Fisk Industries, Hell's Kitchen

No Caption Provided

Two men drove up to the glowing tower in New York City that contained a building full of assassins with a red carpet of blood leading into the entrance.

"Home sweet home."

----------------------

I.T Department, S.H.I.E.L.D Headquarters

No Caption Provided

A man with dark rimmed glasses typed exhaustedly on his computer, he hadn't moved from his chair for eight hours and the code he was typing started to seem like a blurb of nothing more than the 1s and 0s hidden underneath the words he was typing.

"Hey" a voice from behind said affirmatively.

A man in S.H.I.E.L.D's typical black sunglasses, black tie and white shirt presented himself to the programmer.

"I can wrap up for you tonight Weasel" the man suggested.

Weasel continued to tip tap at his keyboard as if he weren't there and let out a slight grunt "No Coulson it's my job and I'm gonna finish it, the new security protocol should be up in five minutes."

"Very well" Coulson replied as he removed his black sunglasses to reveal a yellow glow in his eyes.

Weasel abruptly stopped typing as his eyes shook from left to right in shock as Coulson's face withered into a blue complexion.

The shape-shifter Mystique presented her gun with the compliment of a wink "I'll have plenty of time to kill you then".

------------------------

Assassin List Ranking: #173
Assassin List Ranking: #173

Blacklash whipped the ground "How much longer do we have to stand guard?"

Assassin List Ranking: #164
Assassin List Ranking: #164

Skullbuster bemoaned Blacklashes whining "Not much longer, the Baron will be arriving shortly to take the Kingpin's position we shouldn't have too much trouble."

"HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP" a voice shouted from afar.

"You were saying?" Blacklash commented as the two ran down the corridor.

The two peered down the hallway but there was nothing to be seen.

"It must have been someone from outside" Skullbuster suggested.

Blacklash acknowledged "We should return to...wait did that shadow just move?"

The two aimed their guns at the unknown entity that was indecipherable due to the darkness of the room.

"WHO GOES THERE?" Blacklash demanded to know.

"I am a pool of death".

-------------

No Caption Provided

The radio frequencies emitted across New York City with a sense of urgency "T-this zzzt is Mercy Liddle from the Daily Bugle, I...I've stepped outside and seen bodies of people. Some of them looked dressed up for the occasion in guns zzzt and knives but others....others just wanted to go home. Szzztay home, don't even let them get a clear shot through your window zzzt. I know I'm meant to have a positive spin on things but I need to make myself clear. Things zzzt will only get worse before they get better. We're only in the first hour. Do not panic. If you do you will die. Good luck, ladies and gentlemen we are in hell, lets hope it doesn't last long."

--------------------

Blacklash and Skullbuster stared directly at one another as if the other knew what they were thinking.

Blacklash walked closer with his glowing whips as Skullbuster covered "BWAHAHAHA I commend you for being lucky enough to make it so high up but if you think you can scare us off when we have an army downstairs then you are mistaken you stupid child."

"This army?" the shadow figure rolled a head out one at a time that stopped Blacklash in his tracks.

Blacklash started to creep backwards as he counted the grand total of sixteen heads that slowly rolled towards him, all of which were assassins that had nigh unmissable accuracy.

"SHOOT IT NOW" Blacklash yelled as Skullbuster shot a blaze of bullets.

The figure absorbed them and he produced a third hand that held a dart.

"WHAT IS THAT THING?" Skullbuster asked.

The dart flew at Blacklash who broke it with his whip.

"RUN" Blacklash commanded as they ran down the hall.

Another dart flung at Blacklash's back knocking him on to the ground.

Skullbuster looked back to see Blacklash dragged into the shadows.

------------------

Weisman Institute

No Caption Provided

"You're going WHERE?" Theresa shouted over the phone to Jamie Madrox.

Jamie cringed with the shriek of the woman who lived up to her superheroic name of Banshee "An asylum...it might lead me to what's going on tonight."

Banshee commented "I'm pretty sure the Daily Bugle has said repeatedly to stay in doors".

"I am in doors" Jamie replied.

"Shut up you know what I mean." Banshee dismissed.

Jamie Madrox creaked open the door to the abandoned asylum.

Banshee continued "It's like you're married to danger."

"I'll be okay" Jamie simply stated realising the truth in Banshee's words.

"You better" Banshee insisted.

"Be safe".

No Caption Provided

Jamie hesitantly shuffled his way down the corridor and observed his surroundings of blood painted left and right.

He dabbed a piece of his glove on a piece of blood on the ground but it was so hardened he couldn't pick it up.

The blood was old, which means it must have been left here 15 years ago when the institution closed down.

The smell of gone off meat confirmed it.

What would be so scary that people didn't want to step foot in here again? Jamie thought as he moved forward slower and slower as his curiosity waned with the less and less secure he felt.

brshh brr

A sound from an external source came from down the hallway, Jamie was walking down.

Jamie removed his shoes and tossed them to the side as he maneuvered cautiously towards the end of the hallway.

BRSSHH

What was that sound? Jamie pondered as he was halfway down the hallway.

BRSSH BRSSHHH

Jamie reached the end of the hallway and leaned over.

His eyes shot outward and fizzled back as he noted it was a man with a brush.

"It's strange" the man commented as he noticed Jamie hiding behind the wall.

The man continued "I told myself I'd never come back here because I was terrified to death at even the sight of it, but now that I'm here and with what's going on out there I've never felt more at home."

Jamie observed the man's facial features "You're Dr. Weisman."

The man nodded.

Jamie moved as the man mopped the blood off the floor "That's great I think I know the man who's responsible for all of this and I think he was one of your patients."

A slight smile escaped Dr. Weisman "I've had many patients, you'd have to be more specific detective."

"Jeremy Stevens?" Jamie questioned "A woman named Matchmaker said she believes this was the earliest record of him."

Dr. Weisman's brush fell to the ground and he reached into his pocket to reveal a gun and began to shout profusely "No, we are not playing that game, not again. LEAVE ME ALONE!"

----------------------

Skullbuster's back arced against the wall as the master marksman had run out of any other option other than accepting his fate "Please, before you kill me I must know...who are you?"

Skullbuster could hear the shadow's voice edging nearer and nearer "I am vengeance"

"I am the night"

"I AM..."

The lights flickered on.

"DEADPOOOOOL"

Assassin List Ranking: #1
Assassin List Ranking: #1

"And Bullseye" a second voice lamented holding darts.

Assassin List Ranking: #4
Assassin List Ranking: #4

"Y...you two are no monsters" Skullbuster proclaimed.

"You won't kill me?" Skullbuster questioned.

Deadpool shook his head profusely "Oh no no no, we're not gonna kill you."

"We're not?" Bullseye stepped in.

Deadpool folded his arms "No, of course not."

A sign of relief was shown by Skullbuster as his neck became less tense.

Deadpool lectured "WE ARE HOWEVER GOING TO CHOP OFF THOSE CYBERNETIC LEGS AND TAKE OVER KINGPIN'S CRIMINAL ORGANISATION SINCE WE NEED SOMEWHERE TO SLEEP AND SNIPE."

------------------

I.T Department, S.H.I.E.L.D's Headquarters

Assassin List Ranking: #52
Assassin List Ranking: #52

Mystique ordered Caliban a large brutish and pale creature to drag Weasel by the scruff of the neck into the elevator "Hmmm which one is the weaponry section? Ah here we go."

"W...what do you want?" Weasel nervously asked as the elevator ascended and Caliban's grip grew tighter.

"You'll see" Mystique smirked as the doors opened.

Mystique dragged Weasel to a number pad for the weaponry section.

"Open it" Mystique pointed her gun towards the door.

"I don't have clearance" Weasel protested.

Mystique chuckled "Tonight is a night with no rules Weasel, now open it before I shoot you in the head and get one of the other miserable louts to open it for me."

Caliban flung Weasel at the door cracking his glasses.

Weasel readjusted his vision and opened the door "H...here, please don't kill me."

Mystique shrugged as she loaded on some of the weaponry and ammo she needed into a large cart for Caliban to carry "Very well but I have one more question, where is your friend Wade? Where is Deadpool?"

Weasel fell to the ground once more "I don't know".

Mystique's palm encroached her face "Oh well, there's always another way but I do hate drastic measures. Caliban fetch me the nearest phone. It's time for plan B."

Assassin List Ranking: #24
Assassin List Ranking: #24
No Caption Provided

--------------------

Deadpool placed his new cybernetic legs on the table as he checked to see what was on the television in Kingpin's extremely large white suit.

Bullseye walked into the room with a demented look.

Deadpool's cybernetic legs turned to Bullseye "There's something I've been meaning to ask you."

"Uh huh?" Bullseye half acknowledged as he continued to stare across the room.

"Why here exactly as our hideout from all the bad guys?" Deadpool wondered.

Bullseye picked up a newspaper and flicked through casually "I thought you'd have figured that out by now."

A back and forth between the two began with Deadpool beginning "I know it's well guarded and it is one of the highest places in New York so anyone who was coming we'd probably be able to see unless it was someone like Mystique who I highly doubt is a part of this story from a mile away. But wouldn't this really piss off your old boss Kingpin?"

"Uh-huh"

"And wouldn't he send his assassins after us?"

"Uh-huh"

"So what you're saying is, they're all coming for us right now as we speak?"

"Uh-huh"

"Why?"

"High scorrrre"

"Oh well that makes sense."

"How many people do you need to kill to become number 1 without killing me again?"

"861"

"Sweet".

----------------------------

Weisman Institute

No Caption Provided

"Please I-" Jamie attempted.

"NO" Weisman roared.

Weisman explained "YOU HAVE TAKEN ENOUGH FROM ME!"

"Who?" Jamie questioned.

"The man you work for...everything is a game, but not today".

BANG

Weisman's gun lodged a bullet into Jamie's shoulder presenting a duplicate of Jamie.

"H...how?" The man asked himself as he saw two Jamies.

"It's my power" Jamie explained as he duplicated fourteen times.

"NO NO NO" Weisman fired in a rapid circle but all he did was hit Jamie's dupes.

"WHERE ARE YOU?" Weisman demanded.

Jamie hid behind the pillar down the hallway "What did they do to you Weisman who did this to you? Tell me now and I promise I'll leave and try to help you stop them."

Weisman went into a crouching position waiting for Jamie to lunge at him at any moment "Gamesmaster, that's what Jeremy Stevens likes to call himself now. He killed everyone I've ever loved or worked with or even spoken to."

"Why not you?" Jamie inquired.

"He wants me to kill myself, to make me crazy. Any time someone promises to help it ends up being him giving me a false sense of hope. He wants me to feel alone like he felt he wants me to feel insane like he felt. It's okay though I'm going to kill every imposter he sends"

vvvt vvvt

"What is that noise?" Weisman pondered.

"Damn it Terry" Jamie whispered.

"Look just don't shoot me for like two minutes" Jamie pleaded as he answered the phone.

"JAMIE SOMEONE'S IN THE HOUSE!" Banshee screamed.

"What?" Jamie asked hurriedly before the sound of the phone flat-lined.

Jamie ran towards the door before finding Weisman standing in front of it.

Weisman's eyes turned into a ghostly white and blood thrickled down his nose, the Gamesmaster was speaking for Weisman now "No you can't leave yet Mr. Madrox, the game has only begun."

A syringe piereced Jamie's neck he attempted to move a few inches but his body eventually plunged to the ground.

-----------------

"Are you freakin crazy?" Deadpool pulled out his katana and neared it towards Bullseye's throat.

Bullseye snarled "Me crazy? you're the one who talks to the voices in your head."

"I do not ta..." Deadpool attempted.

"HE HAS A POINT YOU KNOW" Wade's first schizophrenic voice commented.

"SHUT UP" Deadpool shouted back at his voice.

"See?" Bullseye pointed out.

Gunfire and explosives crashed through the windows.

An array of assassins belonging to Kingpin stood on top of the roofs surrounding Fisk Industries aiming their sights at Deadpool and Bullseye.

"Time to kill and become number one baby" a maniacal laugh from Bullseye made Wade cringe.

BSSSSSSHT

A reporter spoke on the news "This is Mercy Liddle reporting to you live outside the Daily Bugle, it would appear Daken, the Dark son of Wolverine has a woman by the name of Banshee on top of the building, it is unknown what he wants, but when officers reached out to him he simply said that who ever he is looking for will know what to do."

"TURN OFF THAT DAMN TV" Bullseye's playful and warm manner quickly turned into a serious and cold one.

"I can't" Wade replied.

Bullseye's face quickly turned back into a joyful one as he realised what had shut up the merc with a mouth "Waaaaaaait, that's the little Irish girl you have crush on isn't it? HAHAHAHA, this is gonna be one hell of a night."

------------------

Next Chapter Coming Soon....

Let Me Know What You Thought Down Below...

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

This is great. Bullseye and Deadpool, a match made in heaven.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@irishlad: Cool, a few punctuation errors but very cool

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@irishlad: Poor Backlash :-(. Some grammar err ors that need to be looked at but other then that an intresting addition to Marvel Mayhem

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: This occurs in the gap area when Mayhem "died" referenced by Dallas in the MMU: CCC 30 contest.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I know. Backlash got thrashed by the Avengers and days later was killed by Deadeye. He has some really bad luck

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@irishlad: It's good but it seems to lack cohesion, that sounds wrong but it is the best way I can describe it. The jump cut between scenes come across as a bit rushed. I like it but if this were a DVD it would be in the style of the Blair Witch which was way too jerky for my liking after a while.

Is there a 3?

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

@4donkeyjohnson: I get what you're saying, with the opening 2 I was kind of trying to throw the reader around the place to create a sense of urgency and confusion, it should be less choppy on the remaining three chapters since things will be getting resolved and tying back together if that makes sense so hopefully you'll stick around until then...

Yup, batkev will be working on the next chapter, it'll be out in the next couple of days.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishlad: Cool can't wait to see Issue 3. Got my own mini event happening in the American Tyrant at the moment.

#higherbodycountthenyouguysatthemoment

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0