Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 40- The Brawl

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Project X: The Birth of Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 40- The Brawl

Year- 2005 A.D.

Location- Arthur Kill Correctional Facility, New York

Yea...There wasn’t any doubt about it. The silver liquid was pure adamantium. If I had known it before, I would have smashed it while I had the chance. Somehow, Dr. Killgrave has inserted the liquid into Cage’s body. But there was a difference. Luke Cage didn’t sprout his adamantium claws or whateva which I had. He was just made of pure steel. Some eggheads would say that steel and adamantium were totally different. But to me, it ain’t that much. I had to find a way to stop Cage from hurtin’ me.

Cage raised his strong fists again, givin’ me another blow. I stepped backwards a little, tryin’ to overcome my true senses. I tried to tell Cage that Dr. Killgrave was controllin’ his mind and body. But Cage still didn’t listen to me. He just kept hittin’ me again, and again. Even if I hit him, I would get hurt. It’s worth a try.

I came over to Cage, grabbin’ him with all my strength. He used his fists to punch on my back. There was that pain which I couldn’t endure, adamantium against adamantium. I carried him and threw him on the ground. A slight crack just occurred on the floor. Cage got up immediately, came over me, slammin’ my body against the floor. All these noises would alert the guards and the other prisoners. But they didn’t hear it. I can tell that Dr. Killgrave was controllin’ them. It must have taken practice for one guy to control their f*ckin’ heads. Heh! I’ll give him somethin’ to control, like his f*ckin’ dick. If he were here, I would have tried to overcome him.

While I was still fightin’ Cage, I recall how I was caught by the Purple Man’s power. He did say that he made me to kill Mark Hellington. But what happened after he controlled me and my team? I was unconscious by then. If only I could contact my team and learn what happened to them. Maybe, there were still under direct control of the Purple Man.

I used my fists to hit Cage’s face. He moved away a bit, and he didn’t seem to feel pain. I can tell by the looks on his face. I looked him in the eye, tellin’ him that this game was all a part of the Purple Man’s plan. He probably wanted to see who was the strongest of all or that he wanted to conduct an experiment on Luke Cage. Why him though? Did Dr. Killgrave learn about his past? Of course, the f*ckin’ warden allowed the Killgrave b@$t@rd to check every file of the prisoner here.

Cage punched me on the chest, and then he gave a hard kick on the leg. I dropped down on the floor, lookin’ at him, and again tellin’ him to stop. He held my neck tightly, squeezin’ it. I couldn’t even breathe.

“Cage...Listen to...me...” I said, tryin’ to make a sense out of Cage. I know he was a good man, and only tryin’ to do his best in the d@mn world as anyone else. He may have been a thief, who stole jewels, cash, and whatnot. But all I can say he was a decent man, tryin’ to make a livin’ out of himself. The other good thing is that he wouldn’t kill anyone for the cash. He wasn’t like his friend, Noah Burstein, who kills people, just to get the amount of cash he needed.

While he was still chokin’ me, I hit his forehead with mine. Cage went backwards. I got up from the floor, and stood there for a while, pantin’ and still tryin’ to catch my breath. There was still that angry look on Cage’s face and again he clenched his fists, wantin’ to fight me again. He rushed towards me. I jumped over him. Cage looked back, used his right leg to kick me. I fell back on the floor, where I noticed a steel pipe attached on the wall. I took it out, walked over to him, hittin’ his head. Cage moved his face away, his eyes kinda blinked. He sure looked like he was dizzy. I hit him again and this time on the leg. He fell down on the floor. I kept hittin’ on his head. Maybe, that way, Cage would get out of the Purple Man’s control. I stopped hittin’ him, and Cage almost felt unconscious. I hope he comes back and remember of what just happened.

A clappin’ sound just filled the hallway. I looked over and saw that Dr. Killgrave or the Purple Man stood there. He probably watched our fight the whole time. He smiled.

“Logan...” Dr. Killgrave said.” It seems that you have won clearly. However, it is not the end for you.”

“Listen to me, bub,” I said. “You betta talk of more what you did to Cage.” I knew what the crazy doc did. But I had to make sure if I was right about it.

“Oh well,” Dr. Killgrave said. “I guess I have no other choice. Maybe...Next time?”

“Why you...” I said. I pulled out my adamantium claws, runnin’ towards him. Then a door opened on the far left of the hallway and there were four people comin’ out. It was them, my team-mates, Domino, Elixir, Warpath, and Fantomex. They were still in Purple Man’s control.

“You see, Logan,” Dr. Killgrave said. “I had to come up with a new experiment to satisfy my master. Since my experiment has failed, I have certain amount of knowledge to provide me the best of things to come.”

“Master?” I said. I wonder he was talkin’ about Romulus. There’s no tellin’ if Dr. Killgrave was indeed workin’ for the f*ckin’ b@$t@rd. Even if I kept askin’ more questions to the Purple Man, he’ll just ignore them.

“Now, my pets,” Dr. Killgrave said to my team. “Kill Logan for me.” He left for the entrance and disappeared. Great! The crazy doc is gone and now the rest of the X-Force team is goin’ to attack me. I wish I knew how the crazy doc was able to control them for one month before I got sent to prison. That sounded insane.

They slowly surrounded me, havin’ their weapons ready. I can tell Elixir doesn’t fight much. But Purple Man could have commanded him to fight. Well, kid, we’ll have to see about that.

Domino pulled out her guns, firin’ at me. I flanged the bullets away on the floor. Warpath punched me on the gut very hard. But I managed to hit him back with my brutal strength. Fantomex casts an illusion, which I was bein’ dragged by the army of zombies. Yea...that was the time; we had to subdue the crazy Selene. I know it wasn’t real. Nice try though. I hit the Fantomex on the face, knockin’ him down on the floor. He then used his guns to shoot me. I flanged the bullets again and this time, it went straight towards the Warpath’s leg. Warpath cried in pain as he saw the slight amount of blood comin’ outta his leg. I ignored his injury, knockin’ him down with the steel pipe and then hit Fantomex on the side of his head. The illusionary zombies were gone. I came closer to Cage’s unconscious body. A few seconds later, he was slowly wakin’ up.

“What...What happened, man?” Cage said. He was holdin’ his head. He stood up and saw the strange, unfamiliar faces right in front of him.

“What the...” Cage said. “Logan, what’s going on here? Who are they?” He looked at those sharp things, which came outta my knuckles.

“You wouldn’t believe me, bub,” I said.

“Try me,” Cage said.

I explained everything what happened the time that I got framed by Dr. Killgrave also known as the Purple Man. He used me to kill Mark Hellington, so that I couldn’t find my worst enemy. The Purple Man came to the office buildin’ and controlled us. We neva knew that he was goin’ to come there, and tell us what to do. I tried to kill him then. But I failed. After the immense control, the Purple Man implanted a command without sayin’ any word. He probably used his own thoughts to control our minds, like a telepath, except he couldn’t read our minds. I also told Cage about his condition and how I played a major role in Dr. Killgrave’s mission, the experiment to turn a normal man into a super-soldier. I also told him how I got these adamantium claws in the first place.

“D@mn, man,” Cage said, lookin’ at his hands and over his body. “That’s some pretty, wild story there. Are you sure whatever I did to you was real?”

“It ain’t a dream, bub,” I said, watchin’ my team-mates in movements. “You can try it and see for yourself.”

“I have to fight your friends?” Cage said.

“Is there any other choice?” I said. “Besides, it would be much easier to knock them all down and bring them back to normal.”

“You’re right,” Cage said, clenching his fists again. “Let’s do this.”

We fought them like hard-boiled men. It wasn’t easy for me to fight against my own team. Elixir had made some nice moves though, which I haven’t noticed before. Did he just learn those fightin’ moves from Dr. Killgrave’s command or he already knew it before? Anyway, I gave him a solid kick on his gut and slammed his head with the steel pipe. He fell down on the floor same as Warpath. Cage punched Fantomex on the face and then the top of his head with a hard slam. But he wasn’t able to hit Domino, since she used her luck powers. I came to help Cage and try to maneuver Domino’s moves. She was leapin’ like a ballet dancer, shootin’ our sides. I cried with pain. Cage saw himself that he didn’t receive a scratch. He looked stunned by the fact that his body was made of pure steel. He then saw my wound, which had been shot by Domino’s bullets, was healin’ rapidly.

“Holy $h!t...” Cage looked surprised. “You must be some freak.”

“Tell me about it,” I said. I looked back at Domino who kept movin’ around like a circus clown. I jumped on her, tryin’ to hit her head with the steel pipe. But she kept usin’ her luck powers, just to distract me. She shot me in the head, which made me dropped down on the floor. Then I heard Cage comin’ towards her, swingin’ his fists, barely hittin’ her. Domino kept shootin’ couple of rounds at Cage. The bullets didn’t even stop him, yet he managed to get hold of Domino’s wrists and kicked her on the gut. He threw the guns away on the floor, ran over her, and slammed her head with his steel fist.

I got up from the floor, felt the bullet came outta my head. I looked around at my team-mates. They all got knocked down. Now, we’ll have to wait for them to get back to normal again.

“So...” Cage said, lookin’ at me. “Now what?”

I thought about it for a second. So far, the guards haven’t arrived yet. But they will eventually come, since the Purple Man escaped. I’ll have to ask Fantomex to fool them and let us get outta here. But I didn’t know if I wanted Luke Cage to escape here. I mean, he did some, pretty bad things, not that bad and his sentence has not been finished yet. For me, I just got framed for the death of the famous politician. However, there needed to be some evidence, showin’ that I was innocent. Maybe, I should tell Fantomex to do somethin’ else for Cage and me. Not to mention, regardin’ the surveillance camera that he had bought it with him back in Mark’s office.

“What you’re thinking, Logan?” Cage asked.

“Hmm. We’ll have to stay here and wait for someone to help us.”

“Someone?” Cage asked. “What do you mean?”

“An important man,” I said. “He’s secretive if ya ask me.”

“I see,” Cage said. “Well, I guess hopefully things will work out fine between you and me.”

“I hope so, Cage,” I said. “I sure hope so.”

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 41- Evidence.

Will things work out fine for our heroes? What will happen next? Find out in the next chapter of Wolverine. Our crime still ain’t over, bubs. SNIKT!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.