DC Genesis - Nightwing #2 (Rated M)

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Trodorne
Autumn days are different from autumn nights in gotham. at least during the day you can get some sun and not have to see just all the bad things that happen in this city. So much life in people, Smiles can be seen. Children playing in the leaves down in the park....

HELP! STOP THAT MAN HE TOOK MY CARRY ALL!" Shouted a voice from down the street.

And a mugger on a bike dumb enough to ruin this nice day.
Dick Grayson thought to himself.

Walking calmly down the sidewalk and listening for the mugger coming up the street telling people to move out of the way and waving a knife in one hand while the purse was strapped around his shoulder and one hand on the bike. Quickly coming up with a plan. Dick moved between the cars and came out acting like he tripped and falls while sticking his arm out to close line the mugger knocking him off the bike. They both got up quickly. Dick starts to act like he is sorry and begins to apologize.

"Hey man, get away from me or ill cut you something fierce." said the mugger wearing a wool cover shirt over top a thick sweater. He was shaking in his hands.

"Wow, easy buddy it was an accident. I did not mean to make you drop your purse, I understand we all have our images we need to maintain..." Said grinning trying to force the mugger to get mad and hopefully lose his concentraition. 

It worked, the mugger leaped forward without thinking to place the knife in Dicks chest but to no avail, Dick shuffled to the side and landed a quick knee to the muggers stomach and pushed him to the ground. The mugger gasped heavily and dropped his knife and began to cry. Dick was stunned by this as most people who attempt robbery or a mugging almost never cry after they lost, at least not to his count. Looking at the man again he was now shaking all over than just at his hand. Strange as it was. He still had friends at the GCPD who could tell him, focusing on the purse that was taken, Dick hears a voice saying that is his. Dick turned around to his surprise.

"Here is your...purse?" Dick said with confusion as he looked at a man wearing tight leather jeans and thick minx sweater.
     "Thank you but its called a european carry all." said the man while he checked the bag to make sure all his things were still in there."I called the police. a cop car should be here soon" 

"oh good" Dick said while trying to make an actual happy grin.

Yeah, sometimes weird things happen day or night in this city. Dick thought as he walked off from the scene. 

Later that day, Dick ran up to a street cafe where a young woman with brown wavy hair sat looking at her watch. Hoping over the small iron fence that seperated the tables from the sidewalk, Dick managed to land in the empty chair across from her. "Melody, Hi. Late I know. But there was a mugging down the street, no worries they caught him so all is well with the universe. Now before we talk about me and my tardiness, lets talk about you. How was your day?"

Melody had a look of shock at first then a sigh of relief then into a smile and a shake of her head. "For your information Mister Grayson.."

"Mister Grayson is it? I thought we were on a first name basis?"
        "Only if you show up on time, and second of all I am your tax accountant." 
        "You forgot to say LOVELY tax accountant"
        "Sigh... You still have some forms you still have to fill out form the years 2004 to 2007 in terms of your expenses."
        "Now Melody." Dick said while reaching his hands across the table to hold hers. "I already sent you those forms in your e-mail why not check and see if they are there."

She reached into her purse to pull out her iCell to look at her e-mails and found several attacted documents. "well these seem to be in order" she said while trying to look away from him. "I should be getting back to the office now though..."

"Melody.. Mel, why ruin a perfectly good and surprisingly warm afternoon by leaving and breaking up this date?" He said with a big dopey grin.

"I do not date clients" saying with a smirk.
         "Who said date? Its just two people sitting here enjoying each others company." 
         "You never give up, do you?" She said with a smile now.
         "Only at cops and robbers, mainly cause i make a bad criminal." he said with a wink.

Just then he got a buzz from his phone. pulling it out of his pocket a text message read: Hey I heard you wanted to meet and talk - IceBerg. Dick rolled his eyes thinking to himself. Now you want to get together and talk. Looking up at Melody as she had a concerned look on her face. Dick tried to play a simple grin which made her feel uncomfortable a little. "Hey good news Miss.Malone.."

"Last names now is it? what happened to Melody?" saying as her smile turned into a sneer.
            "Have a benefit which I have to get ready for tonight so ill have to post pone this date..."
           "Clientele meeting.." she said as if to correct him.
            "of course that is what I said." hopping up from the chair and kissed her on the cheek and ran off down the street. while dodging traffic and cyclists.  "I'll call you.." saying as he got further away. 

In the evening down by Grayson's apartment on Derrow St. Sat on the steps was a man in a thick leather coat with a New York Giants hat on. Stephen "Ice" Bergman was native american with dark hazel eyes. He smiled as he saw Dick show up. "Hey man. What is the call for?" he said while shaking hands and giving grayson a quick hug. "I get a text this morning saying you want to meet up. so...."

"Yeah, what is this crap I hear that your transferring to Bludhaven." He said with a crooked smile.
           "Well mainly im getting sick of this city, and you know my girl friend Sandra?" 
           "Yeah?" 
           "She is pregnant, and I would like to raise a family in a safer city than this mad house, Id choose Metropolis because of that alien flying around, but the housing costs are insane. so why not pick a city which has no super heroes or villains know what im sayin?" showing a large sign of concern in his words.
           "Yeah in this city that would be better but I would hate to see you leave."
            "Leave, man Ill be like what.. an hour drive between both cities? Don't get all emotional on me, making my man hood want to fall off." he said while laughing out loud.

"besides its better I get out now especially with all the happenings going down at the prescient..." Shaking his head and rolling his eyes.

This intrigued Dick even more, He asked about what was going on. Stephen let Dick know of all the junkies and new drug users out there who have been getting increasingly violent for the past few days. causing random acts of destruction, even getting so far out of control in there habits that they even caught a few robbing Pharmacies to get their next hit. Its stranger cause even some of the more passive whacked out addicts are out and about causing mayhem in some areas and some resulted in death by cops using stun guns on them. Hearts exploded in there bodies. "man what ever crack they are hitting up on I do not want any of that."

Stephen and Dick both got some hot dogs from the nearby street vendor and both headed there seperate ways for the night and said there goodbyes to each other. Dick went back into his apartment quickly to go get changed. After listening to his friend that tonight sounds like a good night to go patrolling in some of the business districts and maybe get in contact with an old friend. "Hey babs? Its Dick...."
moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By moviegeek17

Another good entry man, you write dick grayson really well :)

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Trodorne
@moviegeek17: I guess i know how to be a dick... AH HA! (drum snare)
KisserNe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By KisserNe

@Trodorne said:

@moviegeek17: I guess i know how to be a dick... AH HA! (drum snare)

I am seriously digging the puns, here, Trodorne, lol

Also, this is an awesome chapter. I am intrigued to see who is pushing this new "drug." :D