DC: 5th World Order: Green Lantern-Part two

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Yat strikes me with green willpower, sending me falling to the ground.

“Up.” He says, as I struggle to my feet. He then blasts me again. “Get up…focus this time.”

“We’ve been at this for weeks, I don’t think I’m getting any better.”

“Put your will into the ring, Knight….DO IT!” He barks.

All at once, time crawl to a stop. I feel determined…focused, sure of myself. I force my willpower through the ring and form a shield. My first construct…the most painful feeling in my life. I struggle to keep the shield up from the devastating blast. Bits of willpower seep through the cracks, but for the most part, it remains strong. I form the shield into a bubble and fly into the air. Focusing my energy, I form a giant hammer and slam it down on Yat. He grunts, and picks himself up as I fly back down to the ground.

He smiles. “It’s been weeks of training…you finally got your first construct.” His smile vanishes. “Do it again.”

I focus, images flicker through my mind like fire on a candle. I feel the crackle of energy, as Yat guided me. “I know you received combat training on your world.” He says. “You were forced to think outside the box, you’re smarter than most. Use that to your advantage.”

In a brilliant flash of light, an emerald Superman appears before me, followed swiftly by Wonder Woman and Batman. “heh…hahaha!” I find myself laughing as I control the constructs, making them fly around like they did in the glory days. I play scenes in my head like a child would play with his toy collection.

“End it.” Sodam says at last. “I’ve seen enough.”

The constructs vanish into my ring.

“You didn’t do it gracefully, but you are ready.”

“Ready for what, Sodam?”

“For your first mission…it will take you to Ungara, home of the legendary Abin Sur.

“What lies there?”

“Oppressors,” he says, “Agents of the yellow spectrum…your first mission is to take down Ungara’s dictator, a yellow lantern.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#1  Edited By TheCannon

Fantastic.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#2  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

Interesting

Added to the libbrary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheCannon: @The Poet: if I may ask, what do you guys like specifically about this?

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#4  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@primepower53: I like the end with the topic of the mission. Will be interesting. I haven't really read that many GL stories (minus the new 52 GL) so I don't know how it would fair as a GL story, but its interesting from my perspective...

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheCannon

It has good dialogue, good description, and I love the ending. Good set up for Sinestro.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Poet said:

@primepower53: I like the end with the topic of the mission. Will be interesting. I haven't really read that many GL stories (minus the new 52 GL) so I don't know how it would fair as a GL story, but its interesting from my perspective...

thanks!

@TheCannon said:

It has good dialogue, good description, and I love the ending. Good set up for Sinestro.

who says it's Sinestro? :P:P

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheCannon

Most people think of Sinestro when they here Green Lantern and yellow.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By batkevin74

Nice work, keep it up