Site Update... Live Edits Coming this week.

Avatar image for captain_cascader
Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Captain Cascader

Hey all. We've been working on some new features that should be launching out within the next couple days. Mainly there will be 3 things coming out the door and I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of them so you could post some ideas before we launched.

1. The live edit system is almost ready. Basically if you hit a certain point level (we're tossing around 1000 points as the number) you can make live edits to ComicVine that bypass moderation. However, if you make deletions or make subs that drastically reduce content, those subs will still hit the mod queue.

2. Those users that can make live edits, will also have the ability to moderate incoming submissions from other users for characters that they score highly on. For example, ScoodleDaddle will be able to moderate incoming submissions to Booster Gold since he's racked up a large pointscore on that page. This will insure that the person who knows the most about the character deals with mods on that character.

3. We'll be launching a user/stats page within the top tabs that will list the latest submissions, newest users and a couple other fun things.

4. We will be throwing up some google adsense ads in some pages next week to offset the costs of running the site. Only one per page, and tasteful and definitely not deceptive. The nice thing is we will not display ads for users with live edit priveledges. Sort of a thank you for submitting to the site.

Anyways that's about it. We still have some work on it, but I know people have been wondering what's up with the live edit system so there's the scoop.

If you have any ideas on any of this please let us know.

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ScoodleDaddle

Man, great stuff. I'm especially looking forward to the User Stats. It'll be fun to see what everybody is doing.

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NiteFly

Cool. How will awarding points work after live edit is in place. Also, is there going to be some system in place for us to revert pages to previous versions if someone makes changes that suck or if there is an accident that wipes a page out, or will you guys handle details like that?

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

Post Deleted.

Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Captain Cascader

Rollbacks will be staff only features, but they'll be there. We've been recording edit histories since the site was up. :)

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NiteFly

Cool. Can't wait for live edit.

Le Francais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Le Francais

Great news !!

can't....hardly....wait....

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#8  Edited By gmanfromheck

Great movie. I can think of at least 2 reasons why I like this movie.

"Take me down to the Paradise City..."
Post Edited:2007-01-08 23:42:49

Le Francais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Le Francais

Great scene actually :) Loved the movie.

"You know William, from this light, you somewhat resemble David Duchovny..."

Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Captain Cascader

We are currently testing out our new code. Live edits are not happening yet, but will in a couple hours. If you're reading this and are a high scoring user (1000+ points) with a couple mins to help us beta test let me know.
Post Edited:2007-01-10 17:40:51

Retrocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Retrocide

Out of curiosity, can we get exact numbers? If it's still being finalized, of course that's fine, but if it's already implimented, the numbers would be nice (500 points for approval? 1,000 for live edits?)

Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Captain Cascader

We've been testing the hell out of this stuff but it's definitely going out tomorrow. Just want to make sure it's free of bugs. I'll announce the point number and rules once it's out the door.

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NiteFly

Rock on, Captain! I am freakin' giddy here. Can't wait to see the updates in action.

Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Captain Cascader

NiteFly says:

"Rock on, Captain! I am freakin' giddy here. Can't wait to see the updates in action."

We just launched the fans and stats page, which shows off the latest approvals into the system.

Retrocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Retrocide

Captain Cascader says:

"NiteFly says:
"Rock on, Captain! I am freakin' giddy here. Can't wait to see the updates in action."

We just launched the fans and stats page, which shows off the latest approvals into the system.

"

You most certainly did, and the page looks great.

I haven't been on a site that you can notably see evolve, it's pretty interesting. Community's building up too!

brand van hel says:

"Retrocide says:
"Out of curiosity, can we get exact numbers? If it's still being finalized, of course that's fine, but if it's already implimented, the numbers would be nice (500 points for approval? 1,000 for live edits?)"

agreed this should give out big points"

I wasn't making the point that approving should give points. In reality, after you get life edits, and approval on the articles you want, points are just nice, they aren't anything. I do see you're point (pardon the pun), but it isn't really necessary. If you get anything, it should be incredibly minimal (1-5 points an approval).

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

Retrocide says:

I wasn't making the point that approving should give points. In reality, after you get life edits, and approval on the articles you want, points are just nice, they aren't anything. I do see you're point (pardon the pun), but it isn't really necessary. If you get anything, it should be incredibly minimal (1-5 points an approval)."

We have plans for points. Like cashing them in for things here on the site. But first... build the community and content. :)

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

valinorbob says:

"Any chance you could figure out why I still don't have any points?"

I'll take a look tomorrow when I get into the office. You can PM me a reminder to do so if you want.

valinorbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By valinorbob

Any chance you could figure out why I still don't have any points?

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NiteFly

Red L.A.M.P. says:

... Like cashing them in for things here on the site...

That sounds so very sweet.