Comic Vine Mailbag and Contest

This topic is locked from further discussion.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_
Click To Unmute

Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?

Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
This video has an invalid file format.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Avatar image for originalhomeslice
originalhomeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By originalhomeslice

Looks awesome!

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DarkbeatDK

With the amount of people in the West interested in Japanese culture and movies, it's not surprising that someone in Japan would be interested in Western culture and movies. I'm really from over at Giantbomb, but I can confirm that some of the best games ever made were made by Japanese interested in western culture and movies.

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By feargalr

I'm happy that someone sent you guys mail! I would if I wasn't a broke ass student!

The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Tolman

The Dark Knight Rises was the best.... because Batman. Ya dig?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

WOOP

rapidhamari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rapidhamari

Why isn't there more of these haha

darkwolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By darkwolverine

The Avengers was my favorite super hero movie of the summer. The interaction between Hulk and Thor was fun to watch. Also a part that I liked a lot and surprised me was when Black Widow tricked Luckie into tell her what he was after. Overall it was a great story line with a lot cool scenes.

crsimons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By crsimons

Spiderman was the best. Everyone started with being pissed that they were already rebooting but it turned out to be an excellent darker interpretation of the spider man story. Beyond that they start linking pieces together of the spider man universe seen throughout the comic; prime example is Flash Thompson's spider man crush. One downside to the movie was that seeing Sony made it they weren't allowed to link other Marvel superheroes into it :(

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By emergency

The Dark Knight Rises was definitely my favourite, even if Emma Stone was in Spiderman. I thought TDKR was a great finale and was thoroughly entertained throughout.

BoyWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BoyWander

I think the Avengers was the most fun to watch this summer because we've been waiting for so long for all of Marvel's films to finally come together. We get to see all our favorite characters on one screen in a very rare cross over film that both works out really well and gives each of it's heroes a point to shine. It towered over the other two because it didn't have to reintroduce our heroes as with spider-man and didn't have to build back up as with the Dark Knight Rises. We got to see some wonderful fight scenes and some great humor. It gave Hulk a new role that he hasn't had in previous Hulk related movies, changing him from a man on the run who is tasked with keeping himself from destroying everything, to being an actual hero like he's supposed to be. Captain America is still kicking butt and taking names 70 years later and we get to see him do his usual hero thing. Iron Man is still Iron man, doing what he does best, spouting off arrogance and witty lines wherever he pleases. Thor got to be a little more brash himself and even got a few laughs out of us. Black Widow and Hawkeye were given their rightly deserved more prevalent roles and they did not disappoint. So all in all, Avengers was the best movie of the summer.

(I think that should be sufficient. agree with me or not, I just wanted to say that. not really trying for the contest, but if I win, then yay.)

mixupsupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mixupsupreme

Hmm after thinking about it for a bit.... My favorite movie of the summer would have to be the Avengers!! While Batman was a great finish to the trilogy, i didnt have the urge to re watch it like i did after watching the Avengers. Joss Whedon did an amazing job with the character interactions and the final battle with all of them together was great. The fact that that the heroes were already developed in previous movies made Avengers that much more fun to watch.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

Wow, a new Mailbag. Cool! Where do I send stuff to? I have stuff I want to send you guys.

The Avengers was my favorite movie out of the three because it was big and bright and superheroic like a comic book movie should be. Too often comic movies feel like they have to tone things down and make them more realistic. Costumes are darkened or turned into armor or black leather. Plots are changed from their comic version to a more "realistic" movie version. But The Avengers film wasn't afraid to use comic plots and colorful costumes and comic ideas in the movie. Seeing all the Avengers in one place was great too, the dynamic of the characters interacting, seeing Thor fight Hulk on the big screen, seeing Hawkeye sort of start out as a bad guy like in the comics, and seeing Captain America in full costume standing next to Thor and Iron Man and Hulk, it was so great. Whedon even added stuff that came from the comics that he then didn't feel like he had to explain in the film (Thanos), so that could be a downside, but for comic fans it was great. It was fun to, not just a big blown them up good movie either, it had a good storyline and was funny at times. My second favorite was maybe Spider-Man. And that could be because it was more like the original Ditko/Lee stuff and more fun while still being a sad and dark movie, where Dark Knight Rises was really dark and sort of bleak up until the end. I did love DKR but not as much as Avengers.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

YAY Glad to see these videos again!!

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By No_Name_

@emergency said:

The Dark Knight Rises was definitely my favourite, even if Emma Stone was in Spiderman. I thought TDKR was a great finale and was thoroughly entertained throughout.

Matt Rorie? Is that you? ;)

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By MrMazz

The Avengers. It shouldn't have worked out so well having all those personalities in the frame at once, with a director who had nerdcred but predominatly was known for low budget but well written horror/action shows. If one were to say what is a comic book movie I would point to at The Avengers. The Dark KNight Rises is its own thing and while not as good as its predecessor is still firmly an island in the chain of Nolan Batman films. The Avengers is a country.

mzultan17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mzultan17

Best movie for the summer out of the three has to be The Dark Knight Rises. Avengers and The Amazing Spider-Man were good but The Dark Knight Rises was a perfect way to end the trilogy. Not only that but my girlfriend who had no interest in Batman or the series loved every second of it, wanted to watch the first two the next day and now is interested in Batman. But these three movies helped get more people into comics from what I've seen at my two local comic shops so that's another plus side to all these great movies.

LordTaronji101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By LordTaronji101

I think Avengers was the best personally. The coordination of the action scenes and the portrayal of the characters behind the mask were very will done. I remember when I first saw this with one of my buddies who unfortunately isn't much of a superhero movie fan as I am, he was blown away and that's also way I feel like I liked it more because it united a lot of movie goers and every person I talked to comic fan or not loved this movie and were willing to talk and discuss this movie with me. I've seen avengers 7 times. Gotta a bootleg copy of it and I've already preordered the blueray of this excellent movie. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

All three movies were awesome in their own way. Avengers was a great action film. It put you on the edge of your seat with the last battle. It was great to see all of these marvel character interact with each other. Amazing Spider man was great because it told Spidey's origins in a completely different way. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone had great chemistry together. Dark Kinight Rises was an amazing suspenceful movie. Watching it for the first time you have no idea what will happen next. It was the perfect end to a perfect movie trilogy.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

Amazing Spider-man.......just kidding The dark knight rises FTW

Anson5001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Anson5001

I have to say that I thought Avengers was the best out of the three. It just felt like a superhero movie. I was big, epic, and fun. I haven't seen Amazing Spider-Man so I can't comment on that movie. I will, however, say that The Dark Knight Rises was, like Sara said on the podcast, a "film" not a "movie." I left the theater after seeing the Dark Knight wishing that Warner had the balls to kill of Bruce.

t84nightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By t84nightfall

My favorite Comic book movie, well, actually, THE BEST MOVIE EVER! Was The Dark Knight Rises. I feel that it was an epic ending to an epic story and I am so sad to see it end, even though we are getting to see Superman next year. Anyway, I loved it because 1. I am one of the biggest Bat-fans ever. 2. I loved all of the hints towards other characters that a lot of people were clamoring for, but couldn't make it in to the story because of the tone of it. Spider-Man was amazing (<---haha) and so was Avengers, but being an extreme Bat-fan makes me definitely say that The Dark Knight Rises was my all-time favorite!

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By r3d_rob1n

Avengers was my favorite of those three this summer. I like Avengers because of the way it blended action and humor. I think that this format really helped to make the movie feel more like the comics that it is based off. Seeing a team of individual heroes unite on screen for the first time was also very exciting. It's success opens up a lot of options for both Marvel and DC to begin producing movies based on groups like JLA or Avengers, as well as possible team ups, like a Cap and Iron Man, or Batman Superman movie.

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

The best was Avengers, but I missed out alot when I was overseas in Europe for vacation (no subtitles in translated films D:).

But definitely my DVD collection's going to grow a bunch with Avengers, Spider-man, The Dark Knight Rises and more when they are released.

Avatar image for crazyflashfan11
crazyflashfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By crazyflashfan11

Personally, I thought that The Amazing Spiderman was the best out of the three, though no doubt the other two were great as well . I thought that the reboot was spectacular in both plot, and action. First off, I thought that Andrew Garfield's preformance was spectacular as both the nerdy dweeb at school, and the frendly nieghborhood hero. His dynamic chemistry with Gwen, May, and his uncle was fantastic. Also, I believe that the Lizard was a great choice for a villain. It's nice they kept it simple with only one villain, but told his story with great detail and bombast. All of the actors, ( and actresses') preformances were amazing!( No pun intended!) It was great and uplifting, so when you came out of the theatre, you felt both refreshed, and eager to see what comes next in this fantastic installment, sure to have a sequel, and superior to the original in every way. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO AMAZING SPIDERMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

My favorite of the three as definitely The Avengers, it was just the perfect super hero movie that catered to comic book fans and had enough action and substance to make a genuinely great film. As far as movies for comic book fans and super hero fans goes, this was absolutely the greatest one. It was also just very satisfying finally seeing them team all together at last.

Utandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Utandi

My favorite movie was "The Dark Knight Rises"!

I think it was a very good movie that can stand for itself and that combined all tree movies and end the "Nolan Trilogy" perfectly.

I really managed to avoid most of the internet rumors and didn't saw any teasers and trailers before the movie.

Story, characters, twists and turns, little references to the comic books, the things Nolan add to the Bat-Universe himself, the atmosphere and especially the music...just awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJRzndUWLOM

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I actually mailed a letter to Comic Vine a couple of weeks ago. It included a question for the podcast, and a little drawing of Psylocke holding an Archangel and Fantomex dolls. It was never sent back, so, I guess it got lost if it never arrived. That's kind of sad.

Here's some interesting bit of trivia for you. That Japanese AVENGERS's title when written literally in English is actually pronounced as アベンジャーズ "Abenjāzu", This is becasue the Japanese language doesn't have V sounds.

I never saw AMAZING SPIDER-MAN. Sony releasing twenty minutes before the movie even came out kind of deflated my interest level. I'll see it when it's on DVD. I did however see and very much enjoy DARK KNIGHT RISES and AVENGERS. The AVENGERS movie was just a lot of fun. You really have to give a lot of credit for Joss Whedon for balancing out so many big names in one film. The chemistry was great and I got a lot of great, honest laughs. One of my favorite moments has to be when Thor and Hulk take out that behemoth together and there is this quiet moment. Suddenly, the Hulk knocks down Thor. Something about that moment sees especially like a Joss Whedon touch. Phil Coulson death was tragic since the audience has spent so many movies getting attached to him. That just made it more meaningful. It was especially touching how originally Tony didn't want to acknowledge he had a first name, but used the name Phil when he was talking to Loki.

Speaking of Loki. The family dynamic they crafted for Thor and Loki in these films is incredible. You can feel that Thor still cares for his brother despite his actions. He thinks he needs to pay for his crimes, but doesn't want to see him dead.

I know people have issues with DARK KNIGHT RISES, but I thought the end was perfectly fine for the world that Nolan had created. It gave appropriate closure to everyone in it. That isn't the comic world, and people need to stop trying to combine the two. Nolan more created his own version of Batman based off the comics. The only real complaint I had was with their use of Talia. She was rather unimpressive. Her entire motivation was a convoluted plot based around revenge for the father she felt betrayed her.

I have a lot of love for the story of DARK CRYSTAL. I probably watched that when I was way too young. That was so dark and creepy, but I remember really enjoying the story.

Cyborg6971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Cyborg6971

I think it's a tie between all of them, personally. The real winner this summer was us, the comic fans.

kartron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 38

#29  Edited By kartron

So nice they sent across those posters..

AoDfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AoDfan

Really liked those Japanese posters.

VyseCarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By VyseCarma

Dark Knight Rises was my favorite, one it focused on the more human aspects of Batman, and two all the comic story tie-in's. Now when we think Batman, most of us think of a phrase often used by Samuel L. Jackson that wa inscribed in the bottom of his lightsaber as B.A.M.F. That means ninja's and sh- stuff. But most of us forget that Batman was human, and although he was, is, and forever will be one of the greatest comic book characters to exist he has his flaws, he has emotions, he has weaknesses. Ok now let me break down Comic tie ins; the city is blocked off: No Man's Land, Bane breaking Batman's back: Knightfall, Minor nodds with Batman and the cain: Batman Beyond, Batman's "death": Batman R.I.P. "Robin" taking over: Battle For the Cowl. Now, I've heard people moan and groan about the Robin bit there because, "If a cop can take over then anybody can!" To this I must reply: Duh, what is it Bruce said over and over? Something like, I want to be a symbol, one that anyone can take over. And to top it all of they gave Batman an actual ending, an actual life! Batman had to be the best because it was the end of a masterpiece.

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By weaponxx

The Avengers is my pick of the three for the best movie. It was purely fun and entertaining while still having a pretty good story in my opinion. After watching Iron Man and getting the first hint of the Avengers movie, I've been super excited and dying to see it, and the best part is, it did not disappoint. The culminating event that marvelously worked in a large cast, good story, intense action, great effects, perfect amount of humor, is by far the best. I love how there was a lot of conflict between the characters which resulted in an all out brawl; true to the comics take on the uniting of heroes for the first time.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By csl316

I'll go with TDKR. Although I loved Avengers, I expected to like it. I went into Batman 3 not really expecting much so it easily surpassed my unfairly low expectations. Begins was a great Batman story, but Dark Knight was a movie about the Joker to me. I didn't really care about the hero that much and didn't expect anything interesting from the next villain. Then the movie comes out and not only do I care about Bruce and Batman, but Bane is as compelling a villain as the Joker was. It was a great ending to a trilogy and surprised me quite a bit as I tried going in cold with the storyline. Good times, despite being in the front row of an IMAX showing.

EvanTheMexiJew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#34  Edited By EvanTheMexiJew

While enjoyed the Avengers a lot, Dark Knight Rises is the the clear winner for best summer superhero movie. I didn't hate Spider-Man, and only because the villain wasn't a main focus. It was more focused on Peter and Gwen's relationship and setting up her death for the next movie and it also felt too soon for another origin story for Spider-Man. The Avengers was incredible because it was the first team superhero movie that worked, and it was the nerdgasm that everyone had been waiting for. As Patton Oswalt (Comedian) said, it's like Joss Whedon made a movie version of him playing with Avengers toys, and it was a dream come true for every comic book fan. That being said, it STILL wasn't the best summer superhero movie. The Dark Knight Rises was because it was, and most will disagree, the best of Nolan's trilogy. The only reason most will consider the Dark Knight better is because of the Joker, and while Ledger was amazing in the role, the Joker himself was always a great character. Bane, on the other hand, was only good during the time of Knightfall, and has had few good storylines based on him since. It also ended nearly scene for scene how I would've wanted it to end, and while people say it's too "happy" I disagree and think its the ending Nolan, and dare I say, Batman deserved. It all goes back to a line Alfred said in TDK: "Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded." That's exactly why Bruce had a happy ending and could pass the cowl over to another man.

Hostile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By Hostile

The Avengers is my favorite movie this year. When I watch a movie I really hope for funny moments and badass moments and The Avengers had them in spades.

masmason92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By masmason92

My favorite was the avengers movie. It was just amazing how Joss Whedon could get all these character together in one movie and give everyone the equal amount of screen time. My whole family has a favorite superhero and all of ours are in the avengers so we all went to see it and it was just awesome to see everyone's hero in one big movie. It was a perfect mix of action and story, and it felt just like a superhero movie should.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Really putting me in a spot here trying to determine which among the main summer comic blockbusters was my favorite. Truth is I think they are all great for differing reasons, whether for a solid story or tight visual or just overall entertainment value. With that said, however, I would say that my favorite of the summer was The Avengers for the fact that it was a great action flick that kept me on the seat of my chair constantly and was the prime culmination of all the Marvel Studios films we had seen starting with Iron Man back in '08. We got to see all of the characters in the movies up to this point make the ultimate crossover to form one of the greatest superhero teams of all time, something that no one in their greatest imaginations a decade ago would have thought possible on the silver screen. It will be favorite movie not of the summer but of this year because it is another watershed event in theatrical history by which the entertainment industry can realize that a superhero team movie can be made without resorting to utter campiness. In summation, its safe to say that I found absolutely NOTHING wrong with the movie whatsoever. I could not find one thing to criticize about it and am only too happy that the DVD release date is coming soon enough.

D_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By D_Knight

i think batman won as best movie. While avengers had better action/fighting and comedy, batman was a better cinematic experience overall. spiderman just seemed a little off to me.

britsera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By britsera

Hmmm....

Avengers was more fun, probably more entertaining and more comic-like. I like that we got a team and serious team dynamic development. DKR broke more ground (superhero movies can be serious, etc), though. And if I had it pick, I'd rather DKR gets any golden globes, oscars, etc that come into the picture next year.

But if I ask myself what movie would I go see again right now? Avengers.

(Haven't seen spider-man... too soon of a reboot for me to go buy a ticket. I'll catch it later)

Either way, we were spoiled so rotten this summer, lol.

pewsplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By pewsplosions

Avengers hands down is my favorite movie of all time(therefore also of the three choices here.) The achievement list speaks for itself. Things happen in both the movie and creation of the movie that have never been done in cinema. The casting is incredible and the chemistry is there. Joss Whedon is the man. I was not disappointed in anyway, loved every second of the film, and could watch it about every day and not get bored. I literally had 0 complaints about the movie. On a scale of 1-100 it would get a 100, and all my desire to push it beyond that. Saw it 4 times in the first week and the only reason I haven't seen it more is financial issues(Who can really afford to see the same movie more than that these days right?) Amazing Spider-man would be second for me, it was just a really fun movie and I like the reboot a lot so far, very well cast and written. 1-100 I would give it about a 92, since I did have a couple minor complaints about things, though I can easily overlook them. I have medium desire to see it again before blu ray release. Dark Knight Rises was great too but would be third for me. I had a few consistency complaints leaving the theater both from a film to film standpoint and the trilogy's stated purpose being kind of forgotten. I would still give it a 90-92 though. (SPOILER sorta...)Talia was a huge and pleasant surprise and one of the better plot twists I have seen in a long time. But I have little to no desire to see it again until the blu ray release.

Reuelthomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41  Edited By Reuelthomas

Unfortunately I was only able to see Avengers this summer, so I can't really say which was my favorite. However, Avengers was a really fun movie that I was able to see with my wife and our daughter, so that made it really special and we all really enjoyed it. We have already put a pre-order in for the Blu-Ray, which is unheard of in our household, because my wife does not see what's so great about Blu-Rays. I can't wait to watch it all again, then dive into the special features.

7DEADPOOL7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By 7DEADPOOL7

So if I comment I win right? JK I love how they get me informed on the comics that aren't Marvel and DC its a shame thats all I can afford though.

Krhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Krhunt

The best movie of the three would have to be Avengers, just in terms of scale, and the magnitude of what the filmmakers were able to accomplish. But with that, I'd have to say I was personally more pleased with the Amazing Spider-Man. I'd been waiting since I was really little for a great Spider-Man movie, and I had thought the Raimi movies were going to accomplish that--they didn't I was left with an unfunny Spider-Man and a Peter Parker with no charisma. Consistently disappointed with each installment, I let myself get excited, even though I should have known better. The last straw was Venom, a character whom I enjoy enough to have tattooed on my leg, and he was given a pitiful representation on celluloid. With the new one, I was given a funny lead, who succeeded in finding the line between geeky and charismatic. Characters like Uncle Ben were given a stronger characterization, making them moreso endearing. New characters like Captain Stacy were fleshed out enough for people to actually be interested in their roles in the film. This is more than we got in three installments of Raimi's franchise. The Spider-Man I wanted finally showed.

blaze503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By blaze503

Just saw Dark knight rises 4 days ago and although I loved Avengers, the Dark Knight Rises takes it for sure. Just thought the story and tone were great and some of the fight scenes (especially the first between Bane and Batman) were great. I am more of a DC guy with a particular love for Batman so I am certainly bias but I just thought it was a great end to the Nolan run of films (Probably my favourite series of films made, definitely beating out Star Wars for me).

Blackestnight1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#45  Edited By Blackestnight1

The stamp is from Toho which is a theater in Japan. i am sending the new avengers booklet tomorrow.

I loved all three movies spider-man and batman are probably my favorite characters.

I feel for the Amazing Spider-man the same way I did for Batman Begins, finally someone got it right and the story can really get rolling. I like how they addressed his super strength which is often forgotten about vs his spider sense and wall climbing abilities. I Iike how he saved people on the bridge and saved all those cars, something only spider-man could have done not the regular cops no matter how many they had. Also I like how he was introverted by his own accord not ostracized by other kids. I think that's more realistic for a person his age with his genius. I don't like how he stole a Spanish person's ID to get into Oscorp. I know they did that for the joke of it but Spider-man doesn't lie and steal that was out of character. But I guess that was all before uncle Ben died. Bet was the chemistry on screen it seemed so real between Gwen and Peter. The ending fight was too predictable however the last scene with Dr. Conners hallucinating or getting a message in jail was a great twist.

Avengers was awesome, but I just have a question about war machine. Where was he? The earth is being invaded by aliens led by a god like being and there is another Iron-man level like person around and no one bothered to contact him or explain why he wasn't there. They could have said he was injured or busy fighting somewhere else, i don't know. That lose end bothered me. But the rest of it was so well done. I'm probably going to go see it again. Hulk smashing, Captain American not understanding stuff because he is form the 40s, Black Widow's amazing methods of interrogation, Tony's side remarks about everyone and his nerd play with Banner, Hawk Eye using a computer arrow, Thor becoming earth's protector, it all meshed well. The more of a comic book reader you are the more inside things you could pick up.

Dark night rises. This may have been the best of the three. However I dont understand why Bane didn't just kill Fox when he had him and thus assure his plan was irreversible. I know the joker died with Heath but it seems like with everyone getting out of jail a silhouette, or a door with his name on it or something could have been shown to connect the films. You still had the scare crow at large in the end as well. But the way they broke both Bruce and Batman was phenomenal. plus cat woman, bane, and the surprise at the end. This was one of my fav movies ever because I like dark films.

I took my son to see Spider-man he is only 3 but he enjoyed it and has been acting like spider-man since. I could or will not take him to see Batman even though it had the same rating because of the police being shot and the torture etc. Probably for the family Batman was not the best but for adult it could be.

Over all though I would say Avengers was the best it had the most comicbooky feel to it and had humor and great action scenes and a small jab at the military industrial complex as well as intelligence agencies. Plus I want to see it again. Batman was so deep and good I can't handle it yet for a while. I just don't believe Batman would go to fight Bane and not bring more powerful gadgets than flash pellets and mild body armor. The kid in me just really like the simplicity of Hulk Smash.

playmkr88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By playmkr88

I seen all three movies at 12 on opening night. I cant really say witch was my favorite. I loved them all. It is awesome that comic movies are being treated seriouslly. Spider-Man was good because it gives me another chance at possibly seeing Venom on screen. I know he was in part 3 but that did not seam like Venom to me. It would also be awesome to see Carnage in a movie eventually. Avengers was awesome because it was a culmination of so many great stories and I really love how they worked everything together. It was really done well and no character was really left out it seamed they all had equal screen time. Wich was what I thought they would nt be able to do. Batman was awesome because it was so well done. The story was just more then i ever thought I could expect from a comic movie. I did nt really think that Bane would have been such an awesome character. But Nolan pulled it off and even with all the spoilers and everything I still ended up being suprised at the end. It was a great year to be a comic fan. I cant wait to see what great movies we get next summer season. Rocket Raccoon anyone. Who would nt love that.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By No_Name_

Hey everyone, thanks for entering. I've chosen a winner (randomly) for the contest. If the individual does not respond accordingly with their address, I will choose another winner. Thanks again for entering!