Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

The upcoming third issue of THE PHANTOM LADY will be the first time that we see The Phantom Lady in action. She's fully suited up and ready to test out her powers when she goes up against Funerella. Funerella seems to host some very dark, mystical powers; but will they be a match for the Phantom Lady? We'll have to just wait and see, I guess! Check out the 5-page preview of the book below and let us know if you will be picking up the issue when it hits comic shops next Wednesday, October 31st.

PHANTOM LADY #3

Phantom Lady and Doll Man face the frenzied fury of Funerella! Can the newly formed duo stand a chance against this villain’s strange powers?

Written by: Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti

Art by: Cat Staggs

Cover by: Stephane Roux

Page Count: 32

U.S. Price: 2.99

On Sale Date: Oct 31 2012

== TEASER ==
#1 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Doll Man's characterization a lot. he's so curious and awesome, always asking questions all the time just like a comic book fan

#2 Posted by Decept-O (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks great, great art and action right off the bat. Two great characters as well. I will be the first to admit Phantom Lady's costume has always been a bit...skimpy...but I like this new design. Still sexy but functional. Nice.

#3 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio
I love phantom lady's new outfit. Bring out Uncle Sam and lets get the Freedom A fighters together!
#4 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio
America needs Uncle Sam more than ever
#5 Posted by kid Apollo (714 posts) - - Show Bio

ahhh heroes with mustaches, a rare but awesome addition to any male hero... and a creepy addition to the female ones

#6 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6862 posts) - - Show Bio

meh

#7 Posted by Darkmount1 (1276 posts) - - Show Bio

Any particular reason why "Funerella" looks an awful lot like Silver Banshee pre-New 52?

(Also, Jennifer KNIGHT? DANE? Are Palmiotti and Gray seriously doing a callback to the originals, even if they said they were doing brand-newER takes? Makes me wonder if their newER version of the Human Bomb will have the last name 'Lincoln'....)

#8 Posted by B_Heart (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Funerella for best villain name of the year

#9 Posted by Decept-O (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darkmount1: I thought the same thing regarding Banshee and Funerella. Even the "speckles" on her arm are similar to the pre-52 Banshee.

#10 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3554 posts) - - Show Bio

.....Funerella, really? I've never read this series, but are they going for the campy vibe?

#11 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@FoxxFireArt said:

.....Funerella, really? I've never read this series, but are they going for the campy vibe?

Its a bit that way... it kind of has to be, considering one of its lead characters is Doll Man. The series does of a good job of embracing the ridiculous without ever over-doing it or getting annoying. Its a little bit campy and a lot of fun, but it can be dead serious when the time calls for it (that's the impression I've gotten from the first two issues, anyway)

#12 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her costume!

#13 Posted by ClintsEvilTwin (76 posts) - - Show Bio

This is poop

#14 Posted by Cavemold (1682 posts) - - Show Bio

meh been done enough in the new52

#15 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like craaaaap.

#16 Posted by MexFaletti (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey! They've put clothes on my Phantom Lady!

#17 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio
Babs i like your coverage c this. I wish you would do the Looker new release. Im curious about it
#18 Posted by cameron83 (7296 posts) - - Show Bio

love this

#19 Posted by FatFriar_16 (167 posts) - - Show Bio

"You just die and I get paid."

#20 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

"...do the Romero rules apply?" Best...freakin' line in a comic...EVER!!!!!

#21 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

Looks like craaaaap.

You should stop staring into the toilet. I think you should get some help.

#22 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

We've got a villian that's copying Silver Banshee's look and Zombies.

BORING!

When are we going to be done with the zombie trend? It's so lame.

#23 Posted by LaserLambert (636 posts) - - Show Bio

Funerella huh? I guess as in Funeral right? Couldn't help but read it as FUN-erella a clearly different direction than what they are going.

#24 Posted by KZR (487 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darkmount1: I'm glad I ain't the only one who caught the Silver Banshee thing. And Funerella, must of took hours to think up that name.

#25 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123 said:

@x_29 said:

Looks like craaaaap.

You should stop staring into the toilet. I think you should get some help.

Never!

#26 Posted by cameron83 (7296 posts) - - Show Bio

Do people even realize that funerella was a villain of theirs pre flashpoint.......I think people forgot

#27 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

@B_Heart said:

Funerella for best villain name of the year

agreed

#28 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty solid. <3 But its a mini series, don't really wanna dive on in just yet

#29 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@KZR said:

@Darkmount1: I'm glad I ain't the only one who caught the Silver Banshee thing. And Funerella, must of took hours to think up that name.

PA-LEASE! Have you read anything Grant Morrison creates? Super villains are always ridiculous, but that doesnt mean they can't be compelling. Do I think this Funerella twat is? Not really, but then again, she isn't even the main villain in this series. She's canon-fodder. An obstacle.

As for the Banshee thing; she only has the same color scheme as her. I suppose everyone with the same color scheme is the same?

The NEW 52 Silver Banshee looks different. Get over it.

#30 Posted by cameron83 (7296 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123:

............................can I hug you?

0.o

#31 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

@doordoor123:

............................can I hug you?

0.o

If you don't make it weird.

#32 Edited by COBRAMORPH (1556 posts) - - Show Bio

Has he ridden in her cleavage yet? If not, whats the point in matching up a size changer with a female character?

& did they really need to have to make a 4th Phantom Lady? Shouldnt this be Stormy, or better yet, make Jennifer be Stormy's real name, as Stormy sounds like a stripper name. Or better yet, retcon away the others & reboot the original Sandra Knight. I mean, if they want to modernize anyone, it should be Dane, have him use the name Atom, & have the "Doll Man" name be a moniker like the "man of steel" is for Superman. & he should still be a reboot of the original Doll Man, Darrell Dane.

Having multiple versions of the same character is just too confusing for newer readers.