Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
Simon Williams said:
"who wins and why?"
 hard to say but i give the node to gambit since he was the powers well cap does not.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By geraldthesloth

steve would win

not sure about bucky

DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
geraldthesloth said:
"steve would winnot sure about bucky"
wait we are using steve? then cap takes this.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Hmm...Interesting. I'm not sure honestly if Gambit could charge Cap's shield due to it's make-up, but it he can then I would say that it's Gambit for the win. I'm sure Gambler will come in here and set us straight sooner or late rlol.

Cap has the advantage in tactics, strength, and H2H skills but it pains me to say thats about it. Of course Cap has many other intangibles that are hard to translate into a 1 on 1 fight.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Andferne

Even IF Gambit can manage to blow up Caps original shield, or discard it some how. Cap still has this lovely little thing,

No Caption Provided

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Matezoide2
Lunacyde said:
"Hmm...Interesting. I'm not sure honestly if Gambit could charge Cap's shield due to it's make-up, but it he can then I would say that it's Gambit for the win. I'm sure Gambler will come in here and set us straight sooner or late rlol. Cap has the advantage in tactics, strength, and H2H skills but it pains me to say thats about it. Of course Cap has many other intangibles that are hard to translate into a 1 on 1 fight."
of course it would charge the shield,but he wont have time to get close,hold it,charge,make it explode and it may dont even work
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Thats my point. I don't think he could charge and destroy the shield but if he could Cap would be in trouble. Right now I have no evidence as to whther it would work or not.

Larfleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Larfleeze
Matezoide said:
"Lunacyde said:
"Hmm...Interesting. I'm not sure honestly if Gambit could charge Cap's shield due to it's make-up, but it he can then I would say that it's Gambit for the win. I'm sure Gambler will come in here and set us straight sooner or late rlol. Cap has the advantage in tactics, strength, and H2H skills but it pains me to say thats about it. Of course Cap has many other intangibles that are hard to translate into a 1 on 1 fight."
of course it would charge the shield,but he wont have time to get close,hold it,charge,make it explode and it may dont even work"

It wouldn't even explode because his shield absorbs energy. Gambit will go down, if bullseye can take him out so can Captain America.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Last time I checked the shield could absorb kinetic energy, but not all forms of energy.

claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By claws

i am going with cap

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PrinceIMC

I dunno if Gambit could charge Cap's shield. Its probably too dense or something, basically because then the shield would be gone and they'd have to come up with some alternate reality shield to come to him or something. Can't have Cap without a shield.

I'd say Cap wins this fight. Superior tactics.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
Larfleeze said:
"Matezoide said:
"Lunacyde said:
of course it would charge the shield,but he wont have time to get close,hold it,charge,make it explode and it may dont even work"
It wouldn't even explode because his shield absorbs energy. Gambit will go down, if bullseye can take him out so can Captain America."

It's VERY difficult to take any fight from Gambits run seriously...He gets schooled by Bullseye, but goes blow for blow with Daredevil...How does that make any sense?  He also dominates Crossbones in a short amount of time and gets owned by the Constrictor...
Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Braise

I'll say Cap.

Arkzist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Arkzist

captain America would win the end....

just due to the fact he has higher endurance and strength it would go down to hand to hand combat

end with an epic right hook from cap

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Dreadmaster
Matezoide said:
"Lunacyde said:

Why would Gambit have to get in close when he could just charge it with his eyes

No Caption Provided
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Cap.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Ghostshell
dreadmaster said:
"Matezoide said:
"Lunacyde said:

Why would Gambit have to get in close when he could just charge it with his eyes

No Caption Provided
"
He cant do that anymore. Sinister removed that ability about 15 years ago.
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By Dreadmaster
Gambler said:
"dreadmaster said:
"Matezoide said:
"Lunacyde said:

No Caption Provided
"
He cant do that anymore. Sinister removed that ability about 15 years ago."

Really, that sucks, what issue?
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By dane
Vance Astro said:
"Cap."

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Additional rules are REALLY needed in a match like this...More-so WHERE they are fighting.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Ghostshell
dreadmaster said:
"Really, that sucks, what issue?"
During the whole New Sun drama. He went to Mr. Sinister and he lobotomized him basically. This way his powers will never grow, allowing him to become New Sun.
Gambit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gambit007

HOW???? how could captain america the worlds biggest fool beat Gambit?  

Gambits faster stronger quicker and an all around better fighter. If gambit can beat wolverine and Gladiator then he can take a second rate superhero captain america
BattleMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BattleMage

Cap would win this!

Sun King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sun King
@Gambit007 said:
"HOW???? how could captain america the worlds biggest fool beat Gambit?   Gambits faster stronger quicker and an all around better fighter. If gambit can beat wolverine and Gladiator then he can take a second rate superhero captain america "

Sorry: Has Gambit merged with one of the Infinity Gems or something??  No way he's stronger, quicker and a better figther then Cap (Steve Roger's Cap).  Cap wins this. 
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Power NeXus

@Gambit007: 

captain america the worlds biggest fool

commie >:(  

stronger quicker 

Only Gambit's agility is superhuman. He's not stronger or faster than Cap.   

an all around better fighter

F***NO.  
 Not even close. 

second rate superhero captain america

You mean the same 'second rater' who went toe-to-toe with Iron Spider (Spider-Man at the very epitome of his powers) and beat Iron Man? 

Stop being a fanboy.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Matezoide2

Cap,no problem

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Gambit might beat James, but I'm not sure. It would be a close fight. Steve, however, would win.

Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Matezoide said:
"Cap,no problem "
Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

A few comments to the general direction of this thread thus far; 
I don't believe Gambit beats Captain America (or Wolverine for those who've said otherwise here. Logan has had far stronger showings against Gambit in comics than the inverse). 
Captain America can block all Gambits projectiles with his shield. He's not as agile or as quick as Gambit, but Steve is also a bullet timer and I place his hand to hand skills above Remy's. 
Going with CA on this one... but not by a huge margin.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#33  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I doubt it comes down to who you like more. People are being realistic here.

Anyways I do agree Steve is an overrated martial artist in the MU, problem is he is still good and is a better h2h fighter  than Gambit. In regards to him actually getting knocked out by Remy's cards, he can block them with the shield, why shouldn't he? 

Avatar image for mistress_crusher
Mistress_Crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mistress_Crusher

Gambit grabs Cap's shirt and makes him blow up.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@Mistress_Crusher said:
Gambit grabs Cap's shirt and makes him blow up.

Cap chooses not to stand there with his thumb up his arse while Gambit attempts to do so and KO's him the F out with a shield bash. The very worst thing Remy could do is get close enough to Cap to attempt such a thing...
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36  Edited By Erik

Captain America.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Ren: the same way he's blocked superhuman punches and other attacks. Vibranium can absorb a lot
Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap should win this...

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

well depends if Gambit is really pisssed he can probably blow up Cap...

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By TheCerealKillz

Gambit. feel free to debate me and prove me wrong.

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By D3athstroke

Gambit 

codin18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By codin18

Captain america will win this Fight

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheCerealKillz
@erik said:
Captain America.
woah woah woah woah. 

Ur alive???? 

Havent seen you in awhile. 
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@TheCerealKillz said:

I'll debate ya! CA wins. Nuff said... 
OK, maybe not. Seriously, CA's shield skill feats trumps projectiles. Far superior hand to hand skills. And I can match all pics you can post of Gambits speed and agility with similar showings from CA. (All save bullet catching.)
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheCerealKillz
@Super_SoldierXII said:
@TheCerealKillz said:

I'll debate ya! CA wins. Nuff said... OK, maybe not. Seriously, CA's shield skill feats trumps projectiles. Far superior hand to hand skills. And I can match all pics you can post of Gambits speed and agility with similar showings from CA. (All save bullet catching.)
Gambit doesnt have to use his cards to break shields. he can use them to get cover when they explode and get a shot from the back. This would be a close fight however. I dont think that Cap can hit Gambit also. Gambit has amazing reaction time.
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@TheCerealKillz said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@TheCerealKillz said:

I'll debate ya! CA wins. Nuff said... OK, maybe not. Seriously, CA's shield skill feats trumps projectiles. Far superior hand to hand skills. And I can match all pics you can post of Gambits speed and agility with similar showings from CA. (All save bullet catching.)

Gambit doesnt have to use his cards to break shields. he can use them to get cover when they explode and get a shot from the back. This would be a close fight however. I dont think that Cap can hit Gambit also. Gambit has amazing reaction time.

I agree. Gambit is extremely hard to hit. And this would by no means be easy. Here's a fun skill feat for Cap I just posted in another thread that shows just how good Steve really is; 

Throws, burns out the flame, rebounds, throws, relights the lighter ... almost without effort. That's Bullseye level skill. Seoncd pic, he destroys a speeding rocket in flight with a shield toss. That's superhuman in every way. Additionally, Steve has thrown his shield fast enough to beat a bullet to the target, strong enough to knock Mjolnir from flight and even unshackled his hands by throwing his shield with his feet rebounding it off walls till it shattered his bonds. There are many more.  
And he's very agile too... like Gambit, he's a bonafide bullet dodger (not just a bullet timer); 

These are similar feats to Gambit's. I don't see a huge agility advantage for Remy here. And CA beats him in every other regard. I showed his shield skills to prove he will be able to stave off Gambits Kinetically charged projectiles well enough. As to power... well, here's what CA has held off with his shield; 

That blast came from Thor. So Cap can hold off power ... 

Don't see anything Remy has that Cap doesn't have as well ... and then their's the hand to hand, superior strength, durability (enhanced human afterall) ... I give CA a distinct advantage.
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TheCerealKillz
@Super_SoldierXII:  

Okay, he has some good aiming. So does gambit.
No Caption Provided
Heres a trigger bomb. anything happens to her, the bomb explodes. Gambit throws it right into the system and stops it. 

Bullet dodging. 
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Alot more bullets. Plus, Cap uses his shield to block, he doesnt just dodge.  

But your scans still dont give a faster type of speed. Gambit should be able to tag Cap.