Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lord_oraculous016

The JLA's Zatanna 

versus 

The X-Men's Magik 

the battle takes place in limbo.. 

Zatanna was mentioned to be the JLA's most powerful member.. 

Magik is the Sorceress Supreme of the Limbo Dimension.. 

who do you guys think would win this battle?
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2  Edited By Zoom

Zatanna isn't the JLA's most powerful member.  She's like their...9th most powerful member. 

Magik wins.  She's got more mystical power and she's got a weapon that kills mages.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AtPhantom
@Zoom said:
" Zatanna isn't the JLA's most powerful member.  She's like their...9th most powerful member.  "
You're talking current or general?
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zoom
@AtPhantom said:
" @Zoom said:
" Zatanna isn't the JLA's most powerful member.  She's like their...9th most powerful member.  "
You're talking current or general? "

General, not counting very short lived members or JLI or JLE or any of that.  At any given time, she's probably been as high as the 3rd most powerful member. 

Currently, she is the 4th strongest after Green Lantern, Red Tornado and Firestorm assuming Firestorm is still around after the Blackest Night.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zoom

I guess if you went all time, she's weaker than Superman, Wonder Woman, three Green Lanterns, two Flashes, two Firestorms, the Red Tornado.  11th most powerful off the top of my head. 

Of course, I don't think she could take the Atom or even Green Arrow/Batman on a good day but she does have more raw power.
Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lord_oraculous016

if i'm not mistaken. Green arrow once stated that Zatanna was the most powerful member of the Justice League. Plus the idea that of all the magicians and sorcerers on the planet, the JLA always go to Zatanna when they need magical assistance.. oh yah, Magik's Soulsword can destroy mystical beings right? can it kill Zatanna who's a Homo Magi?
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By pixelized

This has been done to death and Zatanna stands zero chance. All spells and her life will be ended by the soulsword.

Lupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lupine
@lord_oraculous016 said:
" if i'm not mistaken. Green arrow once stated that Zatanna was the most powerful member of the Justice League. Plus the idea that of all the magicians and sorcerers on the planet, the JLA always go to Zatanna when they need magical assistance.. oh yah, Magik's Soulsword can destroy mystical beings right? can it kill Zatanna who's a Homo Magi? "
Yes, yes it could. It is specifically stated as physically being useless, but being a magic killer. If she stabs you or I with it, nothing. If she stabs a demon, sorcerer, or strangely enough Legion's personalities and other psionic beings...that is all she wrote. Now if she could manage to stab Zatanna, that remains to be seen. But the soulsword has always done what it is said to do. And that is kill magic. It kills things imbued with magic, magic spells themselves, and mystical beings. 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Magik is potentially more powerful. But, as far as I can tell, Zatanna has more experience.

Lupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lupine
@JediXMan said:
" Magik is potentially more powerful. But, as far as I can tell, Zatanna has more experience. "
Well it depends I think on if Magik is allowed to time travel.
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lupine said:
" @lord_oraculous016 said:
" if i'm not mistaken. Green arrow once stated that Zatanna was the most powerful member of the Justice League. Plus the idea that of all the magicians and sorcerers on the planet, the JLA always go to Zatanna when they need magical assistance.. oh yah, Magik's Soulsword can destroy mystical beings right? can it kill Zatanna who's a Homo Magi? "
Yes, yes it could. It is specifically stated as physically being useless, but being a magic killer. If she stabs you or I with it, nothing. If she stabs a demon, sorcerer, or strangely enough Legion's personalities and other psionic beings...that is all she wrote. Now if she could manage to stab Zatanna, that remains to be seen. But the soulsword has always done what it is said to do. And that is kill magic. It kills things imbued with magic, magic spells themselves, and mystical beings.  "

so now, since Zatanna is a Homo Magi (Half Human, Half Mystic Being or something), that means if she is stabed by the soulsword, it would kill her myctic part or herself in general? if its only her magical side, then she will lose all the powers right?
Lupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lupine
@lord_oraculous016:  No, it would kill her. Because she is a mystic being.
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what is the battle takes place on Earth? will it change the outcome of the battle since Magik is weaker on Earth Dimension right?

Lupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lupine
@lord_oraculous016 said:
"

what is the battle takes place on Earth? will it change the outcome of the battle since Magik is weaker on Earth Dimension right?

"
I don't think it's settled one way or another. But being on Earth doesn't affect the soulsword in the least. It only affects the rest of her magic.
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lupine said:
" @lord_oraculous016 said:
"

"
I don't think it's settled one way or another. But being on Earth doesn't affect the soulsword in the least. It only affects the rest of her magic. "

i see.. thanks.. so Illyana Rasputina owns Zatanna Zatara.. sheeesh boy, do they have complicated names.. =P
Griffin_2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Griffin_2099

What is Zatanna says "enogeb drowsluos" at the start of the fight?

mira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mira

Magik wins.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#18  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Zoom said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Zoom said:
You're talking current or general? "
General, not counting very short lived members or JLI or JLE or any of that.  At any given time, she's probably been as high as the 3rd most powerful member.  Currently, she is the 4th strongest after Green Lantern, Red Tornado and Firestorm assuming Firestorm is still around after the Blackest Night. "
Red Tornado for real? What's that about?
PrimeDirective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PrimeDirective
@Griffin_2099 said:
"What is Zatanna says "enogeb drowsluos" at the start of the fight? "

This...
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zoom
@Griffin_2099 said:

"What is Zatanna says "enogeb drowsluos" at the start of the fight? "

What if Zatanna doesn't even know what a soulsword is? 

And what makes you think she's powerful enough to make it disappear even if she did know what to say?

@Buckshot said:

"Red Tornado for real? What's that about? "

Oh yeah.  He's far faster, stronger and more durable than her.  He can suck the air out of her lungs or rip the skin off her bones if he wanted to. 

There's a reason that Ivo sent the Tornado to destroy the entire league.  There's a reason the anti monitor intended to use him to reshape earth.  The guy is massively powerful. 

@lord_oraculous016

said:

"if i'm not mistaken. Green arrow once stated that Zatanna was the most powerful member of the Justice League. Plus the idea that of all the magicians and sorcerers on the planet, the JLA always go to Zatanna when they need magical assistance.. oh yah, Magik's Soulsword can destroy mystical beings right? can it kill Zatanna who's a Homo Magi? "

Well Green Arrow is a moron.  ;)  And yeah, the soulsword will kill Zatana rather easily. 

Lupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lupine
@Griffin_2099 said:
" What is Zatanna says "enogeb drowsluos" at the start of the fight? "
It probably wouldn't work considering that most spells have no effect on it. But you never know.  

Like Zoom says, she'd have to know what it is and have to be powerful enough to effect it. And no Magik wouldn't brag about it. She'd walk up and probably stab her and then walk away. She's not known for messing around.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Zoom
@Lupine said:
"And no Magik wouldn't brag about it. She'd walk up and probably stab her and then walk away. She's not known for messing around. "
Well said.
Slayer_Angella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Slayer_Angella
@pixelized said:
" This has been done to death and Zatanna stands zero chance. All spells and her life will be ended by the soulsword. "
exactly, worse if they teleport to limbo Magic gets amped and beats zatana senseless
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By rbysjti

Magik has the magic of good and evil so I'd say Magik wins

Timm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Timm

magic power wont decide this, it really comes down to a melee... and one of them is wearing a magic soul sword and the other is wearing a top hat.
i don't know what version of rock-paper-scissors you're playing, but magic soul sword beats top hat every time.

Lupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lupine
@Timm said:
" magic power wont decide this, it really comes down to a melee... and one of them is wearing a magic soul sword and the other is wearing a top hat.
i don't know what version of rock-paper-scissors you're playing, but magic soul sword beats top hat every time. "
This made me fall out of my chair. XD
TheGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheGuy
@lord_oraculous016: Because Fate and Spectre work with the JSA more. And, she's probably the only experienced spellcaster with most of her humanity left, making her more easily convinced than any of the Agents of Order.
Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
@pixelized said:
" This has been done to death and Zatanna stands zero chance. All spells and her life will be ended by the soulsword. "
When will people learn? :D
Bainghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bainghost

Magik

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By New_World_Order

Magik

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't kno much about either of them, but why won't Zatanna win by "Pots"?

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

Magik

storm-is-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zatanna 8/10

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik.

Much better physicals, more ruthless can cancel and tank magical attacks. Not only is she a mage, she's a Warlord/Hell Lord and much better fighter. She tele-blitzes Z.

depowered and tortured she still tanks Amora's spell meant to kill her.

No Caption Provided

As a 7 year old girl first creates the Soul Sword and shatters the enchantments of a Hell Lord with absolute control of his realm. (she didn't even need to swing her sword)

princess_fiona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They r in Limbo, it won't be a fight.. Zatanna stands a chance in a neutral zone.. and none of her spells would work on Magik due to her Soul Sword. It can nullify any magic..

Magik was always a support character and never got any attention from the writers like Wanda, Zatanna etc did...

Cruelrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zatanna snaps Magik's neck

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zatanna snaps Magik's neck

She has literally never done that to anyone lol.

In Limbo, Magik wins. Outside of Limbo, Zatanna wins.

KillerKool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By KillerKool

@geekryan: Zantanna loses both rounds, have you been paying attention to the debate? This has also been done before with no victory for Zatanna.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: Zantanna loses both rounds, have you been paying attention to the debate? This has also been done before with no victory for Zatanna.

Nothing presented has convinced me that Magik would win.

Josh983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Z is dead before she even realizes what's happening.

wsapollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

you left the fight unfair by letting the arena be in limbo and this is kind of silly, because you know that magik magic increases dramatically there and put the fight in that scenario. even though she is the most powerful member of the justice league, according to archer, she still has weaknesses and no durability (even more in enemy territory). it looks like you want magik to win.

if the battle was on earth, and it would have a greater chance and could even win, but as you put the battle in a place that is above it for her to lose, she would lose. she was shown to do super fast spells and even 'cheat' a user who had a fairy on her sword to get her to be manipulated by time (which she demonstrated to get practice with the spell quickly)

StarStriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By StarStriker

Magik can abosolute win no problem, especially since OP say they in Limbo that give magik advantage.

But who say Zatanna gots to play fair/stupid and stay in Limbo?

Since Zatanna can freeze time

No Caption Provided

and easy travel through dimensions like here when she no problem follow Klarion The Witch Boy through many dimensions

No Caption Provided

don't see why Zee can't just freeze time than go to another dimension away from Limbo to a battlefield more benefit Zatanna

Then I think it anybody fight to win

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-63abc1f72d85e
deactivated-63abc1f72d85e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magik due to being in limbo
zatanna outside of limbo

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zatanna wins easily on normal ground. Limbo amped Magik stomps tho

qtpro-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik beats Zatanna easily, all the spells Zatanna gonna use can easily be cut from the soul sword.

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zatanna is capable of beating Magik outside of limbo.

In Limbo Magik has quite an advantage.

Avatar image for deactivated-60f8a948a0372
deactivated-60f8a948a0372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Magik.

gdara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points