I say Yoda.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Silver2467

Sidious only grew in power after Revenge of the Sith. Sidious would win this in G-Canon Star Wars in a close battle, but if this is C-Canon, he would win with little effort. 

crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By crmidnight

I'd have to go Sidious. Unlike Yoda, Sidious isn't exactly afraid of using more dirty and evil tactics, and like Silver2467 said, his power has grown since the last encounter. 
As much as I'd like to see Yoda win, Sidious takes this.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By reactor

Sidious got scary-powerful after the SW universe entered the GCW age, and then came borderline-Skywalker level in the EU, specifically the Dark Empire saga. No disrespect to Yoda and all his awesomeness, but Sidious went to whole new levels after RotS.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Palpatine.

MrDestroyer187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrDestroyer187

YOU CAN'T MESS WITH YODA.... HE'S THE MASTER FOR 1 & 2 HE ALREADY TOLD LUKE THAT THE DARKSEID ISN'T STRONGER

MrDestroyer187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrDestroyer187

Yoda lays a Dust Fart and kills Sideous THE END.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ssejllenrad

Yoda. He can't be grabbed in SC4.. Hehehehehe! Yeah yeah N-cannon....  

Seriously, slightly serious, Sidious is played by an old actor but Yoda is either computer generated or a puppet. I go with the real thing.. :D

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Precise
@ssejllenrad:  LIES! He's real! Real I tell you! xP
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ssejllenrad
@MrDestroyer187 said:
" YOU CAN'T MESS WITH YODA.... HE'S THE MASTER FOR 1 & 2 HE ALREADY TOLD LUKE THAT THE DARKSEID ISN'T STRONGER "
Circular argument mate. Sidious said the Dark Side is stronger.. Who you gonna trust? The Supreme Chancellor or the one that says everything in reverse? Ehehehehe! :p
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ssejllenrad
@Precise: If you wish him real then fine.... But I get to believe Kermit is real as well!!!!
theiconic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By theiconic

yoda.......wins  but dies in doin so

SilverMan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By SilverMan91
@Silver2467:
whats G-connon and C-connon?
SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By SuperTide

Yoda

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Silver2467
@Silver man: They are two of the five different canon classes. The canon classes from highest authority to lowest in order are the following: 
G-Canon- George Lucas Canon. This comprises of the movies. Nothing except the movies is G-Canon.
T-Canon- Television Canon. This comprises of TV shows. 
C-Canon- Continuity Canon. This comprises of comics, novels, video games, source books, etc.  
S-Canon- Secondary Canon. This is basically information that has yet to be confirmed as canon. 
N-Canon- Non Canon. This is anything that is not canon at all. 
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By EpitomeofCool
@SuperTide said:
" Yoda "

Tank.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tank.

Round 2: How it should of gone down.
 Round 2: How it should of gone down.
xD
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Thor's hammmer

I want Yoda to win
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Silver2467
@Silver2467 said:
" Sidious only grew in power after Revenge of the Sith. Sidious would win this in G-Canon Star Wars in a close battle, but if this is C-Canon, he would win with little effort.  "
Avatar image for trainer_gabriel
Trainer_Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Trainer_Gabriel

Darth Sidious because of what Silver2467 said.
darkking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By darkking

yoda
K_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By K_B

Judging by the feats displayed by Sidious in the comics, I think he would win pretty easily.  I think Sidious vs Starkiller would be a more even match.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Silver2467
@K_B said:
"  Judging by the feats displayed by Sidious in the comics, I think he would win pretty easily.  I think Sidious vs Starkiller would be a more even match. "
I agreed with you up until you said that. Yoda>>>>>Starkiller. The game is a horrendous exaggeration of Starkiller's true power. In the novel, he is demonstrated more accurately, as the novel does not suffer from N-Canon game mechanics. Starkiller is absolutely nothing to Sidious and was only part of Sidious's plans. 
K_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By K_B
@Silver2467: 

Oh okay, I was going by his in-game feats since I thought they were canon, never read the novels. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Silver2467
@K_B: No problem. If you were referring to the instance with the Star Destroyer, he really did not pull it down. It was already falling, and he simply directed and only did so barely. He was also somewhat uncontrolled with his abilities and in some ways lacked form. I think the story in Force Unleashed is excellent, but the game (although I love it) caused Starkiller to become severely overrated in power. 
mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By mavfan626

I want to say Yoda, from their first match it seemed that yoda had the upper hand until he was absorbing/bounce back part were yoda hurt to much from the fall. then in the classic star war it seemed that Yoda got strong and the sith lord got weaker eg: sith lord used his lighting attack on luke it hurt him but not as much as it did windo. Yoda eg: Yoda with his first fight with the sith lord he had to consentrat and use both his hands to throw a light hovercraft then in the classic star wars he closes his eyes (IIRC) rasie a hand to lift an X-wing .also Yoda helped train luke to be better when Vadar, I'm talking G-canon too. 
Jeronimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jeronimo
@Silver2467 said:
"Sidious only grew in power after Revenge of the Sith. Sidious would win this in G-Canon Star Wars in a close battle, but if this is C-Canon, he would win with little effort.  "

What do you think Yoda was doing on Dagobah all  that time? His Force powers also HAD to increase. 

Yoda takes this one. 

Scimitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Scimitar

Sidious hands down....After all Yoda is 900 years old!  He wasn't even ready for the challenge when he made it....But one must wonder?  Sidious' lightsaber skills were impressive....he was able to kill not just Agen Kolar and Sasee Tinn but Kit Fisto as well...And yet, Yoda out fenced him in the senate rotunda!  Yoda had a harder time facing Count Dooku in lightsaber combat...So does that mean that if Dooku had challenged Sidious to a duel of blades, Sidious would  have gotten, how we say, "pwned"?  Which also brings to mention that perhaps Sidious mastered the Shi-Cho variant but lacked the proper skills to defeat a Master Jedi single-handed in lightsaber combat!  Hence his, so called, proper use of the Darkside.  A little Force Lighting here...Throw in some Telekinesis....and to top it all off a little "Something, something, something Dark Side..."

Kinasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Kinasin

Sidious.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pooty

If Yoda was at his prime age/abilities he would have took Sidious the first time.

Jeronimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jeronimo
@pooty said:
"If Yoda was at his prime age/abilities he would have took Sidious the first time. "

Good point.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Silver2467

Oh, for crying out loud. How is this thread even still alive? Seriously, this is not even debatable. Alright, I am going to kill any possible argument that could be made for Yoda (not that anyone claiming he won gave any good reasons anyway). Honestly, anyone claiming that Yoda wins needs to read EU works. G-Canon Star Wars is not all there is. Besides, even in G-Canon Star Wars, Yoda failed to defeat Sidious. That alone should be an indicator. But just for the sake of silencing anyone who suggests otherwise, I am going to post scans and give examples of just a few of Sidious's best showings. 

Sidious has also been stated in source books as having learned every Force power, and the only one he has been confirmed not to know is Midichlorian Manipulation. He has also been stated in more than one source book as the most powerful Sith to exist. I could post more scans, but honestly, this should be sufficient.  

/thread.
Jeronimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jeronimo

Yoda can defend against Force lightning. Witness: 

The Emporer would NOT use Force storm because he would also be consumed by it. It is a long range tactic that requires complete concentration. It is useless in a duel.  

Also, I imagine that the feat takes an extreme amount of concentration, giving Yoda the opportunity to defeat the Emporer in a duel.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Silver2467
@Jeronimo said:

"
Yoda can defend against Force lightning. Witness: 

No Caption Provided

The Emporer would NOT use Force storm because he would also be consumed by it. It is a long range tactic that requires complete concentration. It is useless in a duel.   Also, I imagine that the feat takes an extreme amount of concentration, giving Yoda the opportunity to defeat the Emporer in a duel. "

"It takes concentration." Right. He created it in a matter of seconds when he was facing Luke and Leia. And, no, he would not be consumed by it. The only reason he was consumed by it when he was facing Luke and Leia was because they weakened his control over it, something Yoda could not accomplish given that the two of them together (or just Luke at the time) were more powerful than Yoda. He pulled Luke through a wormhole, and Luke was not harmed by it. Why? Because Sidious has the precision to make sure that a specific target is not harmed. He caused destruction throughout the surface of Coruscant, but Luke survived the transportation. As for Lightning, Yoda barely Absorbed and Deflected it. Once again, Sidious is only more powerful after Revenge of the Sith. Not to mention, Yoda cannot, I repeat cannot defeat Sidious in a lightsaber duel. He already failed to. Sidious defeated Luke during Dark Empire. 

Not to mention, there is also Essence Transfer. Even if Yoda managed to kill Sidious (something he could never do), Sidious could simply use Essence Transfer. Yoda has no knowledge of this ability and has never poven capable of affecting Essences in any way. 

Jeronimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jeronimo

Sidious cannot defeat Yoda in a duel. I've never seen it. Not even close.

If Sidious is more powerful after ROTS, so is Yoda. Do you think Yoda abandoned the Force while exiled on Dagobah? And remember, they both learned from thier last meeting. 

Essence tranfer = PIS 

The Emporer is NOT undeafeatable. Witness: 

Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Push

If you go by the novelization, Yoda was never a match for Palpatine, and Yoda realized that during their fight, since it was not his destiny, according to prophecy, to be the one to ever take down Sidious.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Silver2467
@Jeronimo said:

" Sidious cannot defeat Yoda in a duel. I've never seen it. Not even close.

No Caption Provided
If Sidious is more powerful after ROTS, so is Yoda. Do you think Yoda abandoned the Force while exiled on Dagobah? And remember, they both learned from thier last meeting. 

Essence tranfer = PIS 

The Emporer is NOT undeafeatable. Witness: 

No Caption Provided
"
Sidious cannot defeat Yoda in a lightsaber duel because you never saw it. Alright. I guess Luke could never defeat Krayt in a duel because I have never seen that either. No disrespect, but that is horrible logic. Luke would decimate Krayt without even trying in a duel. The fact that I never saw it is irrelevant. He has the showings to support the claim that he can defeat him. That simple. Sidious has the showings to support the claim that he can defeat Yoda. Yoda already failed to defeat Sidoius; so I have no idea whatsoever gives you the idea he would do so later, especially given that fact that Sidious became more powerful after Revenge of the Sith. And honestly, you really think Yoda was on Dagobah training? Here is what he was really doing (ready for this?): he was hiding. Hiding. He was in exile after he failed to defeat Sidious. He hid near the Dark Side Cave to mask his potency in the Force. He was not growing in strength. He was hiding from the Empire. When Luke went to meet him, he was borderline crazy. What in the world gave you the idea he was growing more powerful?  

"Essence Transfer = PIS" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Tell that to Exar Kun, Marka Ragnos, Darth Nihilus, Darth Andeddu, and all of the other Sith who used that power. "PIS" Seriously? Essence Transfer is a dark side power that draws on Force energy to cause the user to exist in the material realm by moving their energy being into another object, structure, body, or whatever they choose. It is not PIS. That is just you making excuses.  

Sidious wins this, and there is absolutely no logical case that can be made Yoda. This is ridiculous. 
Jeronimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jeronimo

Yoda vs Sidious was a draw. If Yoda falied to defeat Sidious, Sidous FAILED to kill Yoda. The duel was not decisive. 

Sidious is NOT invincilbe or omniscient. He has LOST twice to two DIFFERENT FOES. Witness : 

"Deafeat the Emporer, you can." says Yoda to Luke. And so can Yoda if he got another try.
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By lordraiden

Well, Vader snuck up from behind the Emperor while he was force lightning Luke to a crisp and preoccupied with him, so I wouldn't call that a battle, but a shitty prophecy fullfilled in a stupid manner that even a god damn stormtrooper could have done had he been standing close by, since the Emperor was pre-occupied and not expecting anything.  As to Yoda's battle in ROTS, it was clear that Yoda wasn't gonna beat him, and if you have actually read the book, it's even more so clearly defined and stated, that Yoda was not in the Emperor's league. Accept it Sidious>Yoda.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AtPhantom
@Jeronimo: What is your beef with Sidious?
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By lordraiden
@AtPhantom said:
" @Jeronimo: What is your beef with Sidious? "

Indeed!!
Jeronimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jeronimo

He's not  fearsome. A TRUE Dark Lord  of the Sith and Emporer of the Galaxy should he an imposing, dominating figure willing to hunt down his opponents personally.  

The Emporer's las REAL battle! 

The way he ascended just has a nasty smell... 

BTW,    Movie cannon > afterthought books
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AtPhantom
@Jeronimo said:
" Movie cannon > afterthought books "
That doesn't change the fact that you're stretching movie canon and trying to get it to places it doesn't want to go.

Seriously, why the hate?
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By lordraiden
@Jeronimo said:
"Movie cannon > afterthought books "

??? Again, seriously, why the hate??
Jeronimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jeronimo
@Jeronimo said:
"He's not  fearsome. A TRUE Dark Lord  of the Sith and Emporer of the Galaxy should he an imposing, dominating figure willing to hunt down his opponents personally.  

The Emporer's las REAL battle!  The way he ascended just has a nasty smell...    BTW,    Movie cannon > afterthought books "
Jeronimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jeronimo

Plus, Yoda CAN defeat the Emporerif given a rematch.  

He learned from the last encounter. 

Again, Movie cannon > afterthought books
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AtPhantom
@Jeronimo: You could have just made a new post. Editing after two posts have already been made is kinda cheating.

I suppose you feel a dark lord should like something out of a Lord of the Rings movies, but for the rest of us, an insidious magnificent bastard who manages to play every faction in the galaxy at the same time and win is fearsome enough. 
Yeah, they could have went with someone who makes Darth Vader look like a little droid bitch, but to me, a frail old man that nevertheless manages to inspire bowel releasing terror in the implacable ominous cyborg we've followed for the past two movies just adds a whole level of evil power. 
That's not to say I agree with how he was portrayed in Revenge (The whole face melting scene was completely unnecessary), but you have to accept the master for what he is. The size of muscles doesn't matter when the force has your back.
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By lordraiden
@Jeronimo said:
"
Plus, Yoda CAN defeat the Emporer if given a rematch.  

He learned from the last encounter. 

Again, Movie cannon > afterthought books "

Um, that's an opinion, and one not based on fact or knowledge of SW lore.  It's been well stated that Yoda was never powerfull enough to take out the Emperor, nor was he ever meant to be, and if he could, then there wouldn't be any need for the prophecy, as silly and not very well thought out that prophecy was.
Jeronimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jeronimo

The Emporer was DESTINED TO FALL by the will of the Force or else he would still be Emporer of the galaxy. It's just a matter of who, when, and under what circumstances. 

It just seems like the Emporer is like a preretcon Beyonder - Invincible characters are boring. 

Also, the Emporer and Grandmaster Luke needs to be retconned.