thats a tough one I have to go with spiderman on this one

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Hmmm... Well... Spidey is faster and alot smarter... His powers have recently just been updated so he's better than the original... Tough one. I'd have to Peter because his webs are now infinite and he can outsmart Ben...

Avatar image for invisible_alien
Invisible alien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Invisible alien

Spiderman will win

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Mr Grimm. All Spidey's going to do is annoy him. If the Thing really got mad, it's clobberin' time!

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Spidey's strong, remember that. Not stronger than Grim, but I'm sure he can do some damage. Spidey'll have to rely on speed to win. It won't be an easy or an even remotely fast fight

Blue Nighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Blue Nighty

maybe thing i dunno
Post Edited:2007-06-28 10:40:11

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By the creator

The Thing would win.

This battle has the same conclusion as the Sasquatch vs Spiderman battle.

The Thing is far stronger than Spiderman (approx 4.5x), he is much harder to hurt (yes Spidey's blows might do some small damage) and the Thing has massive stamina - much more so than Spiderman. Also don't forget that the Think is a more highly skilled (experienced) fighter than Spidey.

Yes Spidey has the speed, agility and web shooters but eventually he will tire or get too close to the Thing and whallop - the Think will move in for the kill.

Logic Mark II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Logic Mark II

HMMMM this is interesting. Didnt Spiderman beat the entire Fantastic Four once, when he was weaker than he is now? Spidey would have to web Grim up in a way where his strength wouldnt help him [restrict his leverage]. Spidey has range and is very intelligent so this is very possible. However if he doesnt manage to catch Grim cleverly then i dont see him physically doing a thing to the Thing, dropping him, punching him, swinging him into stuff....none of that seems likely to slow Grim greatly or even slightly, in which case i think he could tire out Spidey [like when he faught the Hulk he just punched himself out] and then give him a good smack.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Eternal Chaos

It would be a close battle, if this is in like an outdoor environment, Peter wins.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Forever

I dont see Spider-Man being able to do too much damage to Thing. They both can fight for hours and hours, but eventually Thing would get his big mits on him and take him out.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Forever says:

"I dont see Spider-Man being able to do too much damage to Thing. They both can fight for hours and hours, but eventually Thing would get his big mits on him and take him out."

He would but if they're in an outdoor environment, Peter would win because he can just web Thing up, and fling him off a cliff, into a stream, into a Volcano or something like that.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Forever

Eternal Chaos says:

"Forever says:
"I dont see Spider-Man being able to do too much damage to Thing. They both can fight for hours and hours, but eventually Thing would get his big mits on him and take him out."
He would but if they're in an outdoor environment, Peter would win because he can just web Thing up, and fling him off a cliff, into a stream, into a Volcano or something like that."

Sounds pretty easy. But Spider-Man would be lucky to get away with his life. Thing would be throwing objects at him, sending shockwaves along the ground when he lands, using pressure waves from clapping his hands to knock him around when he's in the air. Thing is nowhere near Spidey's level of quickness but he's quick enough to keep Spidey on his toes so that Spidey can't just casually web him up and throw him off a cliff.

Avatar image for the_mighty_thor
The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The Mighty Thor

i'll say spidy cause when he first met the fantastic four he threw the thing away like notting.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Eternal Chaos

spiderman0409 says:

"i'll say spidy cause when he first met the fantastic four he threw the thing away like notting."

Now that's funny

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The Mighty Thor

its the truth

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I know, I think I have that book actually.

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The Mighty Thor

my cuz has it

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I just looked at it. Thing gets tossed like nothing and it's so funny. So yeah I vote Peter.

The Trigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The Trigger

The Thing, his endurance and strength win the battle.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By the creator

Eternal Chaos says:

"I just looked at it. Thing gets tossed like nothing and it's so funny. So yeah I vote Peter."

At the strat of their careers, Spiderman was about twice as strong at the Thing. Also the Thing was probably only just getting accustomed to fighting in his new body.

However the Thinks mutation has progressed and now he much stronger, duarable and has the greater enduarnce.

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By Phorqe

Thwip.

Sorry pal, clobbering time is over.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sling Shot

When has Spiderman been stronger than the Thing? After their mutations and before Ben has out-muscled Peter. Except when Capt. Universe chose Spidey. But thats not the focus.

I think Thing would be kicking Spidey's butt after the three day battle started wrapping up and as a last ditch attempt Spidey would raise his battered wrists and unload gobs of web into Thing's gloating mouth and nose gagging and choking him.

but Thing wins 7 out of 10 battles.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By the creator

Sling Shot says:

"When has Spiderman been stronger than the Thing? After their mutations and before Ben has out-muscled Peter. Except when Capt. Universe chose Spidey. But thats not the focus. I think Thing would be kicking Spidey's butt after the three day battle started wrapping up and as a last ditch attempt Spidey would raise his battered wrists and unload gobs of web into Thing's gloating mouth and nose gagging and choking him. but Thing wins 7 out of 10 battles."

When the Thing was intially transformed and he had a more lumpy, clay like exterior he was capable of lifting 5 tonnes. Spidey was always around the 10 tonne level.

However the Thing's transformation in to the rocky exterior was accompanied by dramatic strength increases.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27  Edited By The_Martian

The_Creator says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"I just looked at it. Thing gets tossed like nothing and it's so funny. So yeah I vote Peter."
At the strat of their careers, Spiderman was about twice as strong at the Thing. Also the Thing was probably only just getting accustomed to fighting in his new body. However the Thinks mutation has progressed and now he much stronger, duarable and has the greater enduarnce. "
The reason Spidey was able to do that was becuase Thing pulled his punch on him becuase he thought that Spidey was some puny kid who would have been seriously hurt from any punch. But that was Spidey's second appearance I believe. In this fight I see Spider-Man pulling off the win. Thing last time I check can lift about 70 tons where Spider-Man is now in the 20-25 tons range. Spider-Man is much quicker than Thing, at least enough where he can go basicly untouched. Thing is a better fighter than Spidey, but I beileve that the Spider-Sense more than makes up for that. For durability, Thing has Spidey in this area. I see Spidey landing a lot of blows to Thing, most not ment to do serious damage but to annoy and tire Thing out unitl he find the way to put him down for good or just beat down on him until he does.
The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The Mighty Thor

spidy wins has more endurance

humantorch114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By humantorch114

Phorqe says:

"Thwip. Sorry pal, clobbering time is over."

i agree

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Nobody says:

"The_Creator says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
At the strat of their careers, Spiderman was about twice as strong at the Thing. Also the Thing was probably only just getting accustomed to fighting in his new body. However the Thinks mutation has progressed and now he much stronger, duarable and has the greater enduarnce. "
The reason Spidey was able to do that was becuase Thing pulled his punch on him becuase he thought that Spidey was some puny kid who would have been seriously hurt from any punch. But that was Spidey's second appearance I believe. In this fight I see Spider-Man pulling off the win. Thing last time I check can lift about 70 tons where Spider-Man is now in the 20-25 tons range. Spider-Man is much quicker than Thing, at least enough where he can go basicly untouched. Thing is a better fighter than Spidey, but I beileve that the Spider-Sense more than makes up for that. For durability, Thing has Spidey in this area. I see Spidey landing a lot of blows to Thing, most not ment to do serious damage but to annoy and tire Thing out unitl he find the way to put him down for good or just beat down on him until he does. "

It just showed Spidey grabbing Thing and tossing him. But I guess we all agree Peter wins.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By ChaosBlazer

thing stomps