Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann vs The Green + Blue Lantern Corps

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Silverrings

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, final form from the series, piloted by Simon and Nia
  • The entire Green Lantern Corps and the entire Blue Lantern Corps
  • The Lanterns include the Guardians of the Universe, Sodam Yat Ion, Hal Jordan Paralax and White Lantern Kyle Rayner
  • Takes place in space, nowhere near any life forms
  • Start with many galaxies between them, basic knowledge of each other
  • No BFR
  • Everyone is in character
  • Win by any means
Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can the corps hurt TTGL? He took a big bang like nothing.

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BlueBeetle1

You made that name up.

Tonlongen cunnenhugenlungis

Gibberish

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams said:

Can the corps hurt TTGL? He took a big bang like nothing.

That's the question. I'm really not sure myself. I was also wondering if Gurren Lagann could take over the rings, but it's pretty sceptical-y.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluebeetle1: It's the name of the titular robot in an extremely popular anime.

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverrings: didn't he throw galaxy's like shurikens and take Big Bangs like nothing

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By JakeN7

If Relic was able to destroy both Corps, I don't see why TTGL would have a problem at all.

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Power set wise, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann easily wins.

If you talk about brains and use of strategy, if the entire Green and Blue Lantern corps have some form of strategy in fighting the galaxy-sized robot, I think the lantern corps would win more times than not.

The lantern corps can simply put up a distraction and then locate the location of the pilots of TTGL, travel there and take out the pilots.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Etheral_Dreams

@alakemega123: Yeah. He also a weaker version of him punched a hole through spacetime sending his enemies flying through 8 different dimensions. He also has reality warping and galaxy-busting missiles that can be sent forwards and backwards in time that strike with 100% accuracy no matter what.

Can the corps scratch him?

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: i doubt they would even know he was there. They would probably think his toenail was a giant wall or something

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: i doubt they would even know he was there. They would probably think his toenail was a giant wall or something

I would assume that the lantern corps are aware that TTGL is a 10 million light year tall entity piloted by some humans.

Based on this knowledge, they could come up with a strategy to take out TTGL by targeting the entity's weak spots.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DBVSE7

Both Lantern Corps couldn't even fill TTGLs toe nail.. TTGL stomps literally.

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: they dont have prep so they couldn't know it was piloted by humans and even if they did have prep i doubt they would even begin to know where to search out of all those light years of robot. And iirc ttgl has no weak spots

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: they dont have prep so they couldn't know it was piloted by humans and even if they did have prep i doubt they would even begin to know where to search out of all those light years of robot. And iirc ttgl has no weak spots

Its not prep, its pre-existing knowledge. If they don't know this, of course TTGL would stomp because its more of a comparison of power-sets than a specific scenario for a battle.

Otherwise, the lantern corps has a good chance against TTGL. The anime did not demonstrate that the pilots are immune to hijacking or knock-out while piloting. That is their weak spot.

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: pre existing knowledge has to be specified as well. And how would the lantern core get inside to hurt the humans

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: No just no. Your post is making you sound like you're trying to give them a way to win. Their not going to be able to get to the pilot without getting one shotted first.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: pre existing knowledge has to be specified as well. And how would the lantern core get inside to hurt the humans

@thebiggestg: No just no. Your post is making you sound like you're trying to give them a way to win. Their not going to be able to get to the pilot without getting one shotted first.

Give them a way to win? That's what battle discussions are about.

We're talking about the entire lantern corps. Most will be stopped by TTGL (They serve as distraction), the others will enter the cockpit unnoticed. Strategy is important and key to victory here.

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Alakemega123

@thebiggestg: like i said before. There's no reason to beleive that the corp even knows that ttgl has pilots or thats it's not just some big space wall. They have no prep or pre existing knowledge, they cant win

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: Hmm let's say it differently. (I could tell how what you just said was wrong but I'm not). Trying to give them a way to win when they obviously wouldn't.

Enter the cockpit unnoticed? It's going to take a while to even get close to mech (note they're starting away with several galaxies in-between). And even when they get there, they have to get past several mechs to get to the pilot.

Also whats stopping a Gigadrill from one shotting them?

BlackKaizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a smite thread, the lanterns have no prep nor even white lantern Kyle Rainer to back them up, also theirs the huge issue with their difference in size also. Theirs no way they could comprehended what their fighting let alone where to start.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: Without those versions, they get one-shotted by Giga Drill Break.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TTGL...

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mysticmedivh
Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TTGL

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jeepeh

@thebiggestg said:

Power set wise, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann easily wins.

If you talk about brains and use of strategy, if the entire Green and Blue Lantern corps have some form of strategy in fighting the galaxy-sized robot, I think the lantern corps would win more times than not.

The lantern corps can simply put up a distraction and then locate the location of the pilots of TTGL, travel there and take out the pilots.

If they could do that then the Anti Spiral would've done it in their fight.

TTGL curbs,

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Silverrings
jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

TTGL.

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams@jaken7@alakemega123@thebiggestg@dbvse7@justsomerandomkid@mysticmedivh@blackkaizer@jeepeh@jonez120@saiyan_earthling All good points so far. I've edited the set up a little, how do you lot think the fight goes down now?

well, I would say with those "MVP" characters like Ion and Parallax, they would be fighting a losing battle against TTGL - where they are in fact serving as distraction, while the rest of the lanterns will secretly attempt to infiltrate the TTGL's cockpit and flush out the pilots.

Yes, in the anime this flushing out of pilots wasn't done obviously due to PIS.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Ion, they should win.

If TTGL goes STGGL, he could win.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverrings: Is STTGL allowed?

@thebiggestg: It wasn't PIS. It was Spiral Energy IIRC. STTGL doesn't have pilots anyway. It is a projection of Spiral Energy.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg Ok, and how exactly do you thin they could flush out the pilots? They've gotta get through the mech first, and content with all that spiral energy.

@etheral_dreams I stated TTGL in the set up, so i'll stick with that. STTGL wasn't around long enough to have a ton of feats, but it might be too much for the Lanterns. What makes you think Ion could win it for his team?

Big_and_Bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember when mechs were fun.

Anyway without any prep or prior knowledge or strategy of any kind, the lanterns stand no chance whatsoever.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Silverrings

@big_and_bad said:

I remember when mechs were fun.

Anyway without any prep or prior knowledge or strategy of any kind, the lanterns stand no chance whatsoever.

The Lanterns have basic knowledge, and some seriously powerful members, as stated in the set up.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im not an expert on the Ion or Parallax, all I know is that they are VERY powerful.

( ._.) so I can't really debate against them.

BlackKaizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BlackKaizer

My memory from the TTGL Battle Is Fuzzy but how spread amongst each other are pilots? Maybe they could snipe them all from afar with concentrated shots while parallax hal, and ION Kyle distract them.Since it requires multiple pilots their at the very least Kripple it.

Or maybe with their combined hope/will plus the hal,Kyle, maybe Mogo and each other main power batterys also, create a contract build of their own powerful enough to fight it.....but I honestly can't prove they could do such a thing at all.

And this would require prep also which tc has not specified that they'll have but they need every edge they could get.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

I don't think people understand how small the lanterns would be in comparison to TTGL. This is essentially the bacteria on the tip of your thumb trying to fight you.

EDIT: Parallax Hal solos.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@blackkaizer: there is no hand of god Ion here or he would solo. He could just go back in time to destroy STTGL at its weakest

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

I'm just trying to work out how tengen even sees these guys. Trying to find bacteria on you pinky finger using your naked eye would be easier than trying to see the lanterns when your as big as tengen, it's a ridiculous size difference.

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere: How does he destroy STTGL exactly when it didn't exist?

Gymgoer205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering Super Galaxy can use planet busting, reality warping blasts that are guaranteed to hit through any type of shields I don't think that Parallax or Ion even make a difference when you look at the power gap between SGGL and TTGL.

Plus there's the fact that Simon is a casual reality warper by the time they get to the final fight anyway.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pwok21: planet busting is nothing to being on Ions and Parallaxs caliber. Ion can just teleport both of them outside reality where they will have to rely on their physical fighting skills. @theorder14: if it did not exist then they win by default. easy. if it exists then Ion can go back in time and kill it before it became even remotely powerful.

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Theorder14

@van_cere: Except STTGL didn't exist. Sure u can say he defeat GL in the past but not STTGL since he's not even fighting it. Also he bfr himself if he time travels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere:

You are missing the point.

Super Galaxy (Moon sized) fired thousands of planet busting beams that pierced space time locking onto targets that had left that plane of existence / traveled into the past and K.O'd all bar one (which was left for the purpose of using a flashy finishing move). We aren't using Super Galaxy, we're using Tengen Toppa which is 10 Million Light Years across and much, much stronger (we're not talking planet busting, but galaxy busting hits). These beams are probability altering, meaning that even if Ion / Parallax dodges or tanks it; then it will proceed to hit them through their shields regardless.

They are NOT taking that.

In terms of Physical fighting skills, they don't even come into it. Simon can re-enter his own reality at any time, as he escaped a Extradimensional Labyrinth (a maze of infinite alternate universes that is 'impossible' to escape). Plus if it comes to it he has matter manipulation / generation so he can re-create a mech powerful enough to take down either Ion or Parallax.

TTGL stomps horribly, this is a total spite thread.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pwok21: lol, Ion does not exist as an individual. even if a beam hit him there area still thousands of him. and i do not mean Ion take them outside A reality, i mean Iaon can take him and his opponent OUTSIDE reality in which even he has no powers. the place outside reality is not another universe, but outside all universes. Parallax destroyed and recreated a universe, galaxy busting attacks will not even phase him when he can easily absorb or tank that amount of energy. @theorder14: um....your not making sense. can you explain clearer?

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere: U cannot say he defeats TTGL just by time travelling back just to destroy a weaker guren lagann. They're not the same.It says in the op that no bfr is allowed & that's what he does to himself if he time travels.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere said:

@pwok21: lol, Ion does not exist as an individual. even if a beam hit him there area still thousands of him.

TTGL can potentially fire billions of these attacks, so amounts don't really matter.

and i do not mean Ion take them outside A reality, i mean Iaon can take him and his opponent OUTSIDE reality in which even he has no powers.the place outside reality is not another universe, but outside all universes.

BFR isn't allowed, but even so Simon has escaped inescapable places before where 'his powers were nullified'.

Parallax destroyed and recreated a universe, galaxy busting attacks will not even phase him when he can easily absorb or tank that amount of energy.

It doesn't matter how great Parallax's Durability is because TTGL's attack will go through any shields / space / time / reality. They alter the fabric of reality itself to ensure it hits the target through their shields as shown versus the Ashtanga in Episode 26.

Within the parameters set for the battle, TTGL can win.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere: Lmao. TTGL barely noticed an attack that had the power to destroy and create universes (was even stated to force stronger than the big bang). It can punch through spacetime, blastibg the enemy through multiple dimensional universes. Also, do you realize galaxy clusters can fit in its palm? The Lanterns will be like atoms compared to it. However, it can sense them and view them. @pwok21: planet busting is a serious low ball. Multi-galaxy busting more like it.