Round 3 vs Proto Alien

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Erik

We do not even know what that Engineer Xenomorph can do.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@Erik: True True but a lot of Prometheus is speculation just like the original alien. We do know that it is bigger then a man and is probably atleast as strong as a regular xenomorph. I think the Liquid would infect the Thing and turn it into some super alien.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Erik

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

@Erik: True True but a lot of Prometheus is speculation just like the original alien. We do know that it is bigger then a man and is probably atleast as strong as a regular xenomorph. I think the Liquid would infect the Thing and turn it into some super alien.

We cannot form a solid stance on the xenomorph though. The goo we know is made to infect life forms so the assumption that it would infect the Thing is probably accurate but the xenomorph might not be any stronger than a human. It might just be vastly superior in intellect. We have no clue.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nick_hero22

@Erik said:

We cannot form a solid stance on the xenomorph though. The goo we know is made to infect life forms so the assumption that it would infect the Thing is probably accurate but the xenomorph might not be any stronger than a human. It might just be vastly superior in intellect. We have no clue.

No usualy xenomorphs are much stronger than their host (xenomorph born from humans are stated to be a score or more stronger) so it should be safe to say that it would be much more stronger than human since it's born from a Engineer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

How does the thing realy work does it infect people or just kill and replicate them?

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TAneT62

The Xenomorph doesn't have any feats, maybe till the next Prometheus movie comes out ...

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyiena said:

How does the thing realy work does it infect people or just kill and replicate them?

it just kills and then replicates but it is pretty tough.

Avatar image for cerberusprime3k
CerberusPrime3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CerberusPrime3k

@hyiena: think it just kills then replicate or assimilate like it did that dude to make splitface thing.

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: A normal Xenomorph can rip steel doors. I think this thing if like you said is stronger then the space jockey it should be one tough dude

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nick_hero22

@nick_hero22: A normal Xenomorph can rip steel doors. I think this thing if like you said is stronger then the space jockey it should be one tough dude

Reinforced steel doors

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: true true. The Space Jockey took bullet shots to the chest and still was kicking *** he also was fighting off that HUGE facehugger which is pretty amazing.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Erik

@nick_hero22 said:

@Erik said:

No usualy xenomorphs are much stronger than their host (xenomorph born from humans are stated to be a score or more stronger) so it should be safe to say that it would be much more stronger than human since it's born from a Engineer.

No xenomorphs are usually stronger than humans. That does not necessarily mean that a xenomorph is automatically stronger than its host.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Erik said:

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@Erik said:

true but discuss the other aliens fighting the thing

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nick_hero22

@Erik said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Erik said:

No xenomorphs are usually stronger than humans. That does not necessarily mean that a xenomorph is automatically stronger than its host.

Predaliens are superior to Predators physically along with the Runner in Alien 3 which was superior to a dog physically. The chestbuster take on traits from their hosts which determines how they function and look once they mature.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Erik

@nick_hero22 said:

Predaliens are superior to Predators physically along with the Runner in Alien 3 which was superior to a dog physically. The chestbuster take on traits from their hosts which determines how they function and look once they mature.

Good thing Predaliens are not canon. The runner in Alien 3 was superior to humans too so we still have no reason to believe that the aliens are stronger than the host rather than just being beyond human strength period.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nick_hero22

@Erik said:

@nick_hero22 said:

Good thing Predaliens are not canon. The runner in Alien 3 was superior to humans too so we still have no reason to believe that the aliens are stronger than the host rather than just being beyond human strength period.

Who told you Predaliens aren't canon because they have appeared in comics before the movie AVPR was in development. Basically was I'm saying is their is a pattern, usual whatever births a xenomorphs will turn out to be physically inferior once the chestbuster is mature. The chestbusters take the best traits from their host and then their own traits which makes them extremely lethal.

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: what are the best traits of humans?

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nick_hero22

Intelligence

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Erik

@nick_hero22 said:

Who told you Predaliens aren't canon because they have appeared in comics before the movie AVPR was in development. Basically was I'm saying is their is a pattern, usual whatever births a xenomorphs will turn out to be physically inferior once the chestbuster is mature. The chestbusters take the best traits from their host and then their own traits which makes them extremely lethal.

Glad you asked. Mr. Scott himself said that only the first two Alien movies are canon to Prometheus. So... no comics either.

Mad8Baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mad8Baller
@Erik said:

Glad you asked. Mr. Scott himself said that only the first two Alien movies are canon to Prometheus. So... no comics either.

So is Preda Aliens like an alternate universe where Predators created the Aliens as a source of food?
And the Prometheus Universe is where Aliens aren't created by Predators?
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Erik

@Mad8Baller said:

@Erik said:

So is Preda Aliens like an alternate universe where Predators created the Aliens as a source of food? And the Prometheus Universe is where Aliens aren't created by Predators?

It is heavily implied that the Engineers created the xenomorphs in Prometheus.

Mad8Baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mad8Baller
@Erik said:

So yeah what I meant it's not the Predators who made them.  Unless the Predator guys find the xenomorphs later on and decide to breed them?
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Erik

@Mad8Baller said:

@Erik said:

So yeah what I meant it's not the Predators who made them. Unless the Predator guys find the xenomorphs later on and decide to breed them?

I do not think the Predators even exist in the Prometheus universe. They exist in the Alien universe but since we know the two universes are not completely the same but rather only share two movies of continuity...

Mad8Baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mad8Baller
@Erik said:

I do not think the Predators even exist in the Prometheus universe. They exist in the Alien universe but since we know the two universes are not completely the same but rather only share two movies of continuity...

I get it kind of now after reading the Alien versus Predator Wikia.  Not that you can put much reliance on a wiki.

What the Wiki's Theory is -
Aliens were originally bred by Predators to be food.
Year 2004-2010 Predators are still at large and hunting Aliens and Humans.
Time Skip - no clue what happened to the Predators.
Year 2089 Prometheus occurs.
Prometheus Xenomorphs aren't the same Aliens that appeared in AVP. 
These Xenomorphs are supposedly similar looking like the AVP Aliens but came from the Engineer.
Rather by the time of the start of the actual "Alien" franchise all the Aliens are Xenomorphs that came from the Engineer and not actual Aliens from the AVP storyline but still in the same Universe.
I guess it's kind of like Lions and Tigers.  Both are big giant wild cats in the same universe but they are totally different at the sametime.
nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By nick_hero22

@Erik said:

@nick_hero22 said:

Proof?

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By nick_hero22

@Erik said:

@nick_hero22 said:

I seriously doubt what your saying because Aliens: Colonial Marines (video game) is said to be canon to the Aliens Universe and it takes place after Aliens 3. And I seriously doubt that the xenomorph in Prometheus was the first of it's kind because on LV-426 in Aliens the scientist find the remains of a fossilized Space Jockey and xenomorph eggs suggesting they are much older than the xenomorph in Prometheus.

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By xan84

Considering the giant squid thing was so powerfull the alien must be WAY more powerfull then a human. It comes from that quid and that engineer. To asume its not more powerfull then a human is absurd. Also yes diferent universe but they have a lot in common, including the blood. Comparisons should be valid, both universes are emulating the same crep.

Avatar image for cerberusprime3k
CerberusPrime3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CerberusPrime3k

Thing Creatures got pretty big especially the last one in the vid looks like it was almost as bis as a Queen.

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

Intelligence

u sure. Seems like everything is smarter and stronger then us....

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Erik

@nick_hero22 said:

@Erik said:

@nick_hero22 said:

Proof?

I seriously doubt what your saying because Aliens: Colonial Marines (video game) is said to be canon to the Aliens Universe and it takes place after Aliens 3. And I seriously doubt that the xenomorph in Prometheus was the first of it's kind because on LV-426 in Aliens the scientist find the remains of a fossilized Space Jockey and xenomorph eggs suggesting they are much older than the xenomorph in Prometheus.

• Read Ridley Scott's interviews. One of them has it. Besides that, we have known since their release that Scott has hated everything after Aliens, now that he is in full control of the franchise again, what did you expect would happen?
  • Not sure why a video game means that something must be canon.
  • The xenomorph in Prometheus was the first of its kind, just not the first xenomorph.
  • Just because Prometheus only shares canon with Alien and Aliens, does not mean that Aliens 3, Ressurrection and the AvPs cannot also share the same connection with the first two movies. The two can most certainly have one shared event (such as two movies) and still be in separate universes. Not sure why you would want to mesh the canons together anyway considering Prometheus seems to heavily contradict "established" Alien/Predator lore.
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Erik: well If I remember correctly there is a Space Jockey helmet in the Predator's ship in Predator 2

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Erik

@Erik: well If I remember correctly there is a Space Jockey helmet in the Predator's ship in Predator 2

Not sure what you are trying to imply. If you mean the trophy room, then it only further proves my point since Predators do not collect helmets, they collect skulls and if what he has up there is a skull, then obviously the Engineers are different in that universe than in Prometheus.

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Erik: But again back then when they made Predator 2 they didn't know Engineers were humanoid when they made it.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Erik

@Erik: But again back then when they made Predator 2 they didn't know Engineers were humanoid when they made it.

Irrelevant. The fact remains that the skull in Predator's trophy room is not the Engineer species from Prometheus. I do however, believe the suggestion was clear that it was an Engineer skull from its own universe.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By nick_hero22

@Erik

said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Erik said:

@nick_hero22 said:

Proof?

• Read Ridley Scott's interviews. One of them has it. Besides that, we have known since their release that Scott has hated everything after Aliens, now that he is in full control of the franchise again, what did you expect would happen?
  • Not sure why a video game means that something must be canon.
  • The xenomorph in Prometheus was the first of its kind, just not the first xenomorph.
  • Just because Prometheus only shares canon with Alien and Aliens, does not mean that Aliens 3, Ressurrection and the AvPs cannot also share the same connection with the first two movies. The two can most certainly have one shared event (such as two movies) and still be in separate universes. Not sure why you would want to mesh the canons together anyway considering Prometheus seems to heavily contradict "established" Alien/Predator lore.

If Ridley Scott has blessed Aliens: Colonial Marines as canon to his Universe why wouldn't Aliens 3 be canon since Aliens: Colonial Marines is stated to be a sequel to it? How did Prometheus contradict AVP lore?

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets not get into alternate universe talk. Talk about the fight lol

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By nick_hero22

Lets not get into alternate universe talk. Talk about the fight lol

What do you mean alternate universe, because Prometheus is canon to all of the movies.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Erik said:

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Pokergeist

How is this really a debate. There is nothing the Xenomorph can do to kill the Thing. Only total utter burning to ash can kill thing. Also it dont replicate you, it Infects you, The Things cells copy your cells and you become the Thing too. 

It can mutate and form everypart of itself into a nasty monsterous creature. The Thing has Strength enough to rip a human in half. It can also take on the attributes, Memories, and froms of its previous Infected. 

Thing can be killed and probaly can infect the Xenomorph.
Kennypow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Kennypow

Easy.

Round 1. vs black liquid and mutated worms: Nobody or worms, The Thing can't really kill the worms, and the worms would probably eventually kill him

Round 2 vs Space Jockey: We haven't seen any of the engineers powers except strength(prolly stronger than Predator or a Drone/Warrior xeno)so i'd say The Thing

Round 3 vs Proto Alien: Don't want to offend you but are you stupid ?It's not Proto alien it's much much stronger than a Xenomorph , It's called Ultramorph or Deacon.The Trilobite is much stronger than a facehugger and an Engineer is much stronger than a Human, so the Deacon is stronger than a xeno, it's not a proto since Xenos are older since the Yautja have been hunting them for millenniums ,and there is an Alien in the middle of the mural in the head room. I'd say the Ultramorph wins since he was really big right after chestbusting and if he grows like xenos do ( almost 10 times the size ) he should be Queen-sized . Also A Xeno is roughly 2feet taller than his host, and trilobite was really big so a deacon should be 4feet taller.