Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Fallschirmjager

lol. Superman or Zod solo.

Slattern could never tag them.

@fallschirmjager said:
Loading Video...

5:08. Superman is temporarily taken aback in mid air. Zod tackles him and they go fying upwards. We later see them exchanging blows as they go higher, before stopping at the Wayne Satellite at 5:16.

They did start a few hundred feet from the ground, but that is negligible given the distance traveled. While they are fighting on the Satellite we can clearly see the Earth in the back ground, the Satellite is CLEARLY in Low-Earth Orbit.

Low Earth Orbit is a MAXIMUM of 1273 miles above the earth.

Now its hard to say exactly how high the how high the satellite is. Normally, satellites orbit at minimum of 200 miles above the earth and a maximum of about 1200 (in low earth orbit). Since we don't have an exact number, we'll just calculate both numbers and it will give us a range of speed.

200 miles in 8 seconds. or 25 miles per second. 1500 miles per minute. 90,000 miles per hour. Or Mach 117 (rounded down)

1200 miles in 8 seconds. or 150 miles per second. Or 9000 miles per minute. Or 540,000 miles per hour. Or Mach 703 (rounded down)

So there you have it. During his fight with Zod both Superman and Zod were flying anywhere from Mach 117 to Mach 703. Given that they were both doing this, it gives legitimacy to the speed feat.

Now I personally think its closer to 117 than it is 703 as I don't think they were quite 1200 miles above the earth. But I have no way of knowing. If the satellite is used by Wayne Enterprises its most probably for communications and thus probably lower...but if it was built by them and sold to someone else...it could be used for who knows what. Wayne Enterprises also has contracts with the military (in comics)...and if its in use by the military it could very well be 1200 miles above the earth, as some military satellites are.

I'm hoping they will tell us in MoS 2 what kind of satellite it was, as that would give us a far more accurate guess about the distance traveled.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Laughingstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Laughingstock

Yeah this is Spite in the movie favor. To many people and they are all too skilled.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: oh yeah. him too. Isn't he unkillable unless Charlize Theron is near him? (forget her name)

Sorry...just spent the last 2 hours doing a respect thread and I'm exhausted lol

Avatar image for supersaiyan_danger
Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager:

Nice, I actually came up with the Mach 100+ feat thing for Man of Steel characters. But the problem is these guys have to accelerate like their usual comic counter parts, and Slattern was able to tank a 1.4 Megaton nuke. Superman + Zod being 200lb. beings with be very difficult for them to replicate that much force, and its unclear if they will survive the impact if they chose to blitz with that amount of force.

I'd say Superman needs better feats than what his movie presented because feats like the gravity beam is not very reliable Tbh. It only lifted about half of the city of Metropolis and we know a Hiroshima bomb (10,000 kilotons) would easily obliterate Metropolis based on the city's size.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supersaiyan_danger: at best its a stalemate. Slattern didn't show he was capable of tagging guys at that speed.

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Kryptonians + Hancock have it... the others are fodder.

good day

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah this is Spite in the movie favor. To many people and they are all too skilled.

Definitely not Spite. If it were Avengers vs Slattern than its SPITE in Slattern's favor.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you have 2 kyrptonians that can fly in sonic speeds, one "god knows who" that can prolly move similary like them. all three are probably like mega tonners. not to mention an asgardian that can prolly summon lightning to stun slattern and another kryptonian that can prolly chuck trains to slattern.

slattern won't survive that long

Laughingstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

you have 2 kyrptonians that can fly in sonic speeds, one "god knows who" that can prolly move similary like them. all three are probably like mega tonners. not to mention an asgardian that can prolly summon lightning to stun slattern and another kryptonian that can prolly chuck trains to slattern.

slattern won't survive that long

Your going to needs some hardcore proof for that. Hancock tanked at least 3,000 tons of force from a train without using speculation. All of Thor's best feats are speculation and even with speculation it doesn't seem he's in the mid city buster category, so I'd cut back on him for being anything nuclear level. Zod and Superman can accelerate to top end speeds but they need feats proving they can accelerate to the force of a 1.4 Megaton nuke which easily busts multiple cities.

This fight pretty much is Kryptonians + Hancock vs a giant nuke tanking monster. Like ^ said, this should be a stalemate.

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supersaiyan_danger: The krypton owns and superman, the avengers, and Hancock, It's a spite.

The Avengers don't have any nuclear level feats suggesting their hurting any Kaijus. I already discuss this in many threads, it took six days and three conventional nukes to take out the first Kaiju and only 1 conventional nuke is necessary for the whole Chitari. The last Kaiju Slattern tanked a 1.4 Megaton Thermonuclear device which is 5x greater than a 300 kiloton warhead.

- I put the Avengers here simply as distractions for the real threats to go to work, the Kryptonians and Hancock.

Avatar image for ifoughtgalactus
Ifoughtgalactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movie team has nothing that can hurt Slattern from the outside. As has been said before, it tanked a 2,400 pound nuclear war head (The physics behind that scene are so screwed, but like i say, if you're using real world physics to explain a mindless action movie, you're doing it wrong).

I wouldn't put it past Hulk to tear the thing up from the inside out though.

Laughingstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supersaiyan_danger: The useful ones I see in the avengers are Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor, the others are useless. But the movie team is to much for it to handle

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movie team has nothing that can hurt Slattern from the outside. As has been said before, it tanked a 2,400 pound nuclear war head (The physics behind that scene are so screwed, but like i say, if you're using real world physics to explain a mindless action movie, you're doing it wrong).

I wouldn't put it past Hulk to tear the thing up from the inside out though.

But how is Hulk getting in? He's definitely not getting in through the mouth because Slattern would just chew and swallow him.

But using a 2,400 pounds for the Nuke = 1.4 Megatons

Modern nuke state 1 metric ton = 1 megaton

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laughingstock:

Ironman is probably the only factor for the Avengers due to having supersonic speed. No other Avengers have shown great speed close to Ironman. Thor has b flying straight forward, but that isn't really a feat when you cannot be agile with the speed.

Laughingstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ifoughtgalactus
Ifoughtgalactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ifoughtgalactus

@supersaiyan_danger:

I don't think the Hulk would have much problem surviving Slatterns teeth, it's still Hulk. Look how far he dropped from the sky in the Avengers. If Supercavill or Shannozod punched Slattern in the eyes I'm positve the beast will be the new Ray Charles (If you ignore the musical talent, drug addiction and being human thing of course).

When I say the physics don't make sense, I meant things like the nuke going off that deep in the ocean and doing much of anything against that water pressure, the fact that slattern lived, plot induced stupidity etc.

Shadow_Vertigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team stomps.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supersaiyan_danger: calculations are not my strong suit but based on the overall performance of kyrptonians in MOS and the whale throwing incident in hancock, i'd safely bet that they will be in that region if they exerted more effort.

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laughingstock:

Hulk's best strength feat thus far is one-shotting a Leviathan which is far less durable than a regular Kaiju who could survive a casual nuke.

Durability and speed feats are pretty poor. For durability, Hulk got hurt by a rocket, nearly K.O. by a chained sledge hammer, and he got a nose bleed after getting shot by lasers.

For speed, Hulk had trouble catching Blackwidow, couldn't tag any one unless they were nearly standstill targets like the soldier in 2008 and Thor.

So Hulk isn't really much of a threat here, Thor would last longer by spamming Mojinir from a distance but I doubt its any worse than Hulk's punches.

Laughingstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

@supersaiyan_danger: calculations are not my strong suit but based on the overall performance of kyrptonians in MOS and the whale throwing incident in hancock, i'd safely bet that they will be in that region if they exerted more effort.

The Grey whale only weighs 40 tons and based on calculations he through it no more than 1,000 feet - 10,000 feet out into the ocean. By that its around 175-400 tons of force and nowhere near 1,400,000 tons of force.

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supersaiyan_danger:

I don't think the Hulk would have much problem surviving Slatterns teeth, it's still Hulk. Look how far he dropped from the sky in the Avengers. If Supercavill or Shannozod punched Slattern in the eyes I'm positve the beast will be the new Ray Charles (If you ignore the musical talent, drug addiction and being human thing of course).

When I say the physics don't make sense, I meant things like the nuke going off that deep in the ocean and doing much of anything against that water pressure, the fact that slattern lived, plot induced stupidity etc.

Hulk got pierced by Abomination's elbow fangs in 2008 (Its Canon) who is nowhere near as massive as Slattern, why wouldn't Hulk die?

Well the Sky feat would be ok if Hulk didn't get K.O'd. And you need to survive something to be a feat.

How is Slattern surviving PIS? The Kaiju needed the nukes throughout the story to take them out and the humans build Jaegars which are as powerful as nukes to fight them.

The only PIS feats I saw out of Pacific Rim are the Kaijus taken out the Jaegars very quickly in the movie, because the story needs show that the Kaiju were an actual threat to the heroes.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think anyone here can do much to Slattern he is too durable. But I'd side differently if Surfer or Human torch where there, because they had the fire power to damage a kaiju

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rogueshadow  Moderator

MOS solos.

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/superman-vs-kaiju-1485002/

General consensus: Superman can solo 4 Kaiju

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Team should win.

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/superman-vs-kaiju-1485002/

General consensus: Superman can solo 4 Kaiju

Most arguments on that thread were about Superman having the speed advantage over the Kaiju, No where didn't people debate him about actually hurting the Kaiju. He isn't soloing a Kaiju without the proper striking + durability feats to back it up, and I doubt

Batman vs Superman will give us any further indication he could do that.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole team can't hurt slattern at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

People are claiming that Superman or Zod solo, but people are forgetting that Slattern can tank a nuke easily. Superman and Zod never hit with that force. Not to mention that Slattern is a category 5. Category 3's were ripping skyscrapers out of the ground.

The ONLY advantage the Kryptonians have is speed. Nothing else.

vatarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spite in Slattern's favor. It's not going to give two f**** about anything any of them throw at it. It eats nukes at point-blank range in super high-pressure environents. And the insane amount of electricity banging around inside him would likely KO or nearly KO anyone stupid enough to try the "from the inside out" trick. Hell, Thor's hammer might actually boost its energy a bit with ever strike.

Skelebones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As i said in the previous Man of Steel vs Kaiju thread the kaiju are basically one trick bricks. a few have an ace in the hole but as far as we've seen of slattern he has no acid spit or emp. The kaiju are just that: giant monsters. they can only throw their weight around and smash shit.

The reason StrikerEureka was so effective is because of how fast and nimble it was. It was the smallest and lightest armored Jager ever and yet it owned more ass than even GypsyDanger. The same concept applies here. The teams are too small and powerfull for Slattern to do shit.

Honestly I'm reminded of every time i play jRPG games when i fight the final boss. my team is always maxed out but the final boss is so big and has such rediculous defense i only do a few hundred damage per attack.
Slattern is big mean and powerfull but The teams and such here will just whittle him down bit by bit untill it falls. Slattern looses 99/100 times.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rogueshadow  Moderator

I just can't see what Slattern can do to Zod, MOS & Hancock.

vatarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skelebones: You're forgetting Slattern's electricity attack, which can 1hko jaegers and other kaiju with ease, and would proably do a massive amount of damage to anything in the area.

Skelebones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vatarian So slattern can produce a bioelectric charge? Can I assume this is from the game version? Because in the movie it didn't TKO shit. Regardless feat wise that isn't much. as Leatherback did the same thing with an EMP.

Also since when can a bioelectric charge match the goddamn God of Thunder? You basically compared a taser to an entire power grid.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just can't see what Slattern can do to Zod, MOS & Hancock.

Knock them out with a single tail whip? (That's assuming he tags them though.)

One should keep in mind that Slattern is a LOT stronger than MOS, Zod, and Hancock.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Carter_esque

lol. Hulk, Superman or Zod solo. **Fixed

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Any of Superman, Zod, Hancock can solo.

Why would anyone put them in a team?

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Slattern goes down

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager said:

Hulk would never solo not even in his wildest dreams.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any of Superman, Zod, Hancock can solo.

Why would anyone put them in a team?

Slattern is much stronger and more durable than them.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By thelocust619

Okay, so if MOS superman vs Slattern ended in MOS winning, how do u think this ends? Come on. Anyone but the avengers can solo this easilly. This is a 100% mismatch in which slattern has exactly 0 chance of winning.

If i havnt been clear, Slatterns tailwhip cannot part the ocean. The world engine can, yet didn't stop MOS supes. Like at all. This is a stupid spite thread

The physics for this, if udk, are as follows: tanking a nukebis tanking an explosion, an explosion applies = force distributed over the surface area of the blast wave. In effect, it is more akin to a concussive wall, applying pressure to Slattern's body equally. However, a charge from MOS would be focusing all this energy in one point. So now Slatterns body is struck with a large, focused force while the rest of his body is not under pressure, creating penetration. Even Striker's blades (their composition doesn't matter) focusing a 2,000 ton swing onto their edge is producing less force than a kryptonian/Hancock mach 100+ charge, yet they damn near cut his arms completely off. All these flying bricks will riddle Slattern like a tommygun, without question. Thus is near common sense if u understand even the slightest thing about physics

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By thelocust619

@varian: first off, the electricity attack is from a non canon video game. Second, all this "electricity bouncing around inside" would a come out when Striker nearly cut its arms off....underwater. third, that sure would been useful vs the digital Striker....too bad he doesn't really have that power lmao

Just no. World engine was blasting gravity bolts through the entire planet, Hancock can zip to the moon and back and crash at such speeds, which by area is more force than any nuke detonated....again, flight speed + durability = a kaiju bullet. Slattern has literally no hope here.

FYI, he was taken by MOS alone in another thread. This thread was created out of spite

Also, does this move really one hitbpeople in the game? That sounds horribly unbalanced for game mechanics lol

Avatar image for albertphytagoras
Albertphytagoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team wins... in a very nice battle.

Evilbeavers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giving this one to the team. Bloodlusted Superman like people and some snacks are going to make work of the Slattern.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carter_esque said:

@fallschirmjager said:

Hulk would never solo not even in his wildest dreams.

How do you figure that?

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wow team stomps. Thor calls in a huge lightnging strike while he gets pounded on by the rest.