#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I'm going with the Kingpin.Shredder is probably the better fighter but it's SO hard to hurt the Kingpin because the writers have grossly exaggerated his durability for years.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Vance Astro: Thanks for reminding me to add "classic Kingpin era feats not applicable" to the OP, lol.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:

@Vance Astro: Thanks for reminding me to add "classic Kingpin era feats not applicable" to the OP, lol.

Even if we are talking about current Kingpin his feats of durability are still nonsense.In most of his fights the opponent almost always seems unable to hurt him.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Vance Astro: I just want to assure people don't resort to silliness like "he overpowered Spidey" or "Cap's shield did nothing to him!"

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:

@Vance Astro: I just want to assure people don't resort to silliness like "he overpowered Spidey" or "Cap's shield did nothing to him!"

Oh ok.
Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Perfect Cell

@k4tzm4n said:

If he had over powered Spiderman, that was just because bad writing or possibly because of Spiderman's morals not to go too hard on Kingpin. After all, in one comic Spiderman had no morals and single handedly destroyed the Sinister Six all at once and it included Kingpin too. Of course this is not to compare with Oroku Sake to Spiderman; however, it might be fair to compare him to be closely in par to Dare Devil as far as skill goes, and added no morals to his aid might give him the edge to win with a plot.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bo88gdan

Shredder

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MAZAHS117

Going with Oroku Saki here

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Picard

Shredder. I don't care how big badass you are, if someone cut your jugular vein or attack other vital area, then you are dead, unless you have healing factor. And Shredder have this wrist blades...

Hero4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hero4life

@k4tzm4n said:

Shredder (Mirage version. Just using an IDW image because it's awesome)

VERSUS

KINGPIN

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

RULES

• Begin 15 feet apart.
  • Standard gear for Shredder. (no grenade)
  • Standard elimination rules apply.
  • cCassic Kingpin era feats not applicable (aka overpowering Spider-Man, a shield bash not hurting him, etc)
  • Kingpin is unarmed.
  • Random encounter.
  • Morals apply.

Ok. I'm confused. So Kingpin is not powerful enough to over power Spiderman in this op?

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kcaz

Oroku Saki stomps the fatman. battle will be over within seconds. so many way shredder can get the kill...he is too quick for king pin, he slips behind king pin and slits his throat, or punch a hole in king pin.

king pin might have some defenses against blunt objects, but not sharp ones. he is human after all

Hero4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hero4life

@kcaz said:

Oroku Saki stomps the fatman. battle will be over within seconds. so many way shredder can get the kill...he is too quick for king pin, he slips behind king pin and slits his throat, or punch a hole in king pin.

king pin might have some defenses against blunt objects, but not sharp ones. he is human after all

You forget that Kingpin is a superb fighter too. Plus he has strength and durability on his side. Plus he has been stabbed many times and left for dead, But somebody nursed him back to health. His son stabbed him.

My opinion this op is one sided. Shredder gets all his standard gear, but Kingpin gets nothing. Would have been better as hand to hand combat.

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lance Bastro

shredder judo throws kingpin on the floor and then ninja vanishes.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingpin beating Spiderman in a fist fight???

What stupid writing!

Shredder shreds kingpin into bite size pieces and feeds africa with them for a year.

Hero4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hero4life

@VercingetorixTheGreat: Stop writing. You mean typing. This is what this site is for typing what I think.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hero4life: no i mean stupid writing in comics. Its extremely stupid for a comic book writer to write spiderman losing to kingpin in a brawl. I have actually seen scans for the fight and it was idiotic.

Hero4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hero4life

@VercingetorixTheGreat: I got you.

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lance Bastro

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

@Hero4life: no i mean stupid writing in comics. Its extremely stupid for a comic book writer to write spiderman losing to kingpin in a brawl. I have actually seen scans for the fight and it was idiotic.

spiderman just doesn't want to use his super strength on the "human" villians because he might accidently kill them. if he didn't have such high morals, he would have killed all of his opponents (that are just human) with ease.

Zombie Spider-Man (same thing as classic) kills the Sinister Six and Kingpin effortless

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ol Shreadhead wins

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Perfect Cell said:

@k4tzm4n said:

If he had over powered Spiderman, that was just because bad writing or possibly because of Spiderman's morals not to go too hard on Kingpin. After all, in one comic Spiderman had no morals and single handedly destroyed the Sinister Six all at once and it included Kingpin too. Of course this is not to compare with Oroku Sake to Spiderman; however, it might be fair to compare him to be closely in par to Dare Devil as far as skill goes, and added no morals to his aid might give him the edge to win with a plot.

Bad or inconsistent writing has never stopped fans from using it as evidence. By putting that rule I'm simply avoiding it. It's really that simple.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Hero4life said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Shredder (Mirage version. Just using an IDW image because it's awesome)

VERSUS

KINGPIN

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

RULES

• Begin 15 feet apart.
  • Standard gear for Shredder. (no grenade)
  • Standard elimination rules apply.
  • cCassic Kingpin era feats not applicable (aka overpowering Spider-Man, a shield bash not hurting him, etc)
  • Kingpin is unarmed.
  • Random encounter.
  • Morals apply.

Ok. I'm confused. So Kingpin is not powerful enough to over power Spiderman in this op?

What's so confusing? Kingpin isn't stronger than Spider-Man or even close to Parker's strength level.

krilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By krilling

Shredder gots this. No matter how strong Fisk is he's a NINJA. He could paralyse him by hitting his nerves and then...anything he wants.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By jobiwankenobi

Kingpin has always been portrayed as way stronger than he could really be. Besides what's he going to do to Shredder? Grab him and try to crush him. His armor spikes would prevent that. Shredder would avoid him and cut him up slowly over time.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

going with the kingpin for his amazing forms of PIS over spiderman and fighting 4 guys with guns while he is unarmed with his extreme speed

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingpin has always been portrayed as way stronger than he could really be. Besides what's he going to do to Shredder? Grab him and try to crush him. His armor spikes would prevent that. Shredder would avoid him and cut him up slowly over time.

he's made spidermans whole hand go numb by just grabbing it and squeezing ... and in the cartoon spiderman is portrayed like a 90 lb weakling when fighting kingpin bhwhahaha

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shredder would murder the Kingpin then take over his empire.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

shredder cuts his fat a** in two

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Shredder.

Avatar image for cyberzombie_hatchetman
Cyberzombie_Hatchetman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure the Mirage version turtles showed peak human/low superhuman feats and Shredder took them 4 on 1. Kingpin is not stronger, faster, tougher or a better fighter than any one of the Mirage version Turtles. Shredder takes this.

smashwilliams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shedder

Avatar image for vengerprofessional
VengerProfessional

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shredder

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Kingpin recently manhandle a bunch of ninjas or undead something that got a few slashes and stabs on him and it didn't slow him down? It ended with him crushing them I believe. I remember seeing the scans and it looked like it was from a Wolverine comic.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingpin.

Nuffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shredder for win.

donttellmymom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shredder is just a more talented fighter and will find a way to overcome Kingpin's durability.

matthew1061

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm... Well, Kingpin took it to Spidey pretty well the first time they met in Amazing Spider-man #50. That was written by Stan Lee, who created both characters.Kingpin wasn't the only non-super character who could match Spider physically; when the enforcers appeared way back in Amazing Spider-man #10, the Ox was had roughly the same strength as Spidey. Man Mountain Marko, another Stan Lee creation, who appeared in Amazing Spider-man #73, also gave Spidey a really rough time because of his freakish strength. Stan, and his successors like Roy Thomas, Gerry Conway, and Len Wein consistently made Kingpin a good physical match for Spidey. That's the concept for the character as Stan conceived him, after all.

Retcons from the 80s on have made Spidey much stronger. First it was Marvel Handbook in which said that he could lift 10 tons, despite the fact that was far stronger than he'd ever been in the stories. It also downgraded the Kingpin from having inhuman strength to being a pretty good weightlifter. Handbook made Captain America stronger than Kingpin even though anyone reading the comics of the time could see that Kingpin far stronger than Cap (check out their first meeting in Captain America #147 if you don't believe me).

I get that modern Kingpin isn't very strong. I get that modern Spider-man can lift thirty ton train cars and toss small tanks around like juggling balls. I get that there's no way modern Kingpin could fight Spiderman. That's the way it stands now and it's different than it once was. If you like the modern versions better, that's your right.

But before you start calling people like Roy Thomas and Len Wein and Stan Lee things like "stupid" and "idiotic" you might want to stop and think.

Avatar image for vengerprofessional
VengerProfessional

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://adventurecampradio.com/tag/krang/

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shredder. If he can fight the 4 turtles, and win, then he wouldn't have a problem with Kingpin.

Avatar image for mysteryamethyst
mysteryamethyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41 morpheus_  Moderator

Shredder. The modern version of the Kingpin won't fare well against someone of his skill level, and durability/pain tolerance can only get you so far with a severed carotid artery.

Avatar image for deactivated-63caca60c65d9
deactivated-63caca60c65d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Shredder curbstomp . Kingpin could not even touch him

Futureisbest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shredder stomps.

Avatar image for barelyaverage17
barelyaverage17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By barelyaverage17

Shredder under these conditions. He has those claws and is an excellent hand to hand fighter.

He's also peak human. Kingpin being unarmed makes this unfair. He could have at least had his cane or brass knuckles or a giant turkey leg for a weapon.