Sephiroth vs. Wolverine

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jax

Who will win?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By warlock360

Sephiroth

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jax

true

GambitO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By GambitO

WOLVERIN without any doubt THEIR adamantium

it would destroy the sword of SEPHIROTH

Liverwurst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Liverwurst

Yeah...I'm gonna have to go with Sephiroth here.

GambitO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GambitO

this is not question of going in favor of somebody

simply

WOLVERINE is a lot but experienced

in question of battles

he has a he arms indestructible

and felt developed super

Avatar image for dr__victor_von_doom
Dr. Victor von Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

<.< sephiroth wins simply for immmortality he comes again and again and again...btw he uses magic to not only his sword so one ULTIMA and only wolvies exo-skeleton would be remaining without any flesh on it to heal from...

GambitO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GambitO

I assure him that WOLVERINE would find

the way to put an end to the immortality of SEPHIROTH

also

WOLVERINE could combat that immortality

with their regeneration

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Sephiroth of course

GambitO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GambitO

didn't think the same thing when

wolverine crosses SWPHIROTH

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Sephiroth wins. He is extremely talented with that blade of his. His reach is incredible and he uses magic. Jax, correct me if I'm wrong, but Sephiroth is deadly accurate with his sword right? If that's the case, he can slice the joints in Logan's neck, sending his head down to the ground. Sephiroth also uses magic which is a huge advantage because he wouldn't even need to take his sword out. He can just cast Ultima, and annhilate Logan. Or cast death which will kill Logan's soul, killing him. Either way, Logan doesn't stand a chance.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lantern Prime

Wolverine wins easily!

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Eternal Chaos

SoundWave07 says:

"Wolverine wins easily!"

Please explain.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lantern Prime

I just say Wolvie because I have know idea who the other is!

Avatar image for dr__victor_von_doom
Dr. Victor von Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its the guy with the silver-grey-white hair (long)

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Resonate

I don't know who in the world thought that this was a contest. At least I finally get to talk about Sephiroth owning somebody. Wolverine is toast ( in many ways literally). Eternal chaos took the words right out of my mouth.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Sparda

Sephiroth in less than 15 seconds.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lantern Prime

Wolverine hands down!

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sparda

SoundWave07 says:

"Wolverine hands down!"

Sephiroth can make a big bang, cause Volcanic eruptions, teleport, fly, steal your soul, kill you instantly, and is insanely powerful and fast with his 8 foot long sword.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Eternal Chaos

SoundWave07 says:

"Wolverine hands down!"

And you question why I call you a noob and fanboy huh?

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Resonate

Soundwave you need to think realisticly. If I'm Sephiroth and you're Wolverine give me one good reason why you could get within 8 feet of me anyway? You saw the video right? I hope you realize that Collossus isn't here to toss you at me ( which seems to work every time he does it).

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Resonate says:

"Soundwave you need to think realisticly. If I'm Sephiroth and you're Wolverine give me one good reason why you could get within 8 feet of me anyway? You saw the video right? I hope you realize that Collossus isn't here to toss you at me ( which seems to work every time he does it)."

Exactly.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By Forever

Soundwave's certainly making a name for himself.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Forever says:

"Soundwave's certainly making a name for himself."

But not a very good one. He's attaining the same rank as Gambit0

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Resonate

Ouch

The Ace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The Ace

WTF!? Is this even a question? Wolverine takes this one easily. I freaking hate wolverine and even I know this. First off Wolverine has centuries more combat experience and is one of the best combatants in the Marvel Universe. He has faced down mutants that make Sephiroth seem like the Ice cream man.

I am speaking from the perspective of someone who has beaten Final Fantasy VII like 5 times and seen advent children. What will Sephiroth do that would eevn slow wolverine down? Lets be realistic, because Seph isn't going to use half the spells from the game! They were GAME SPELLS! They were pretty much retconned by Advent children(He never use one spell in that movie)! I think its safe to assume that Sephiroth can't soul-steal and and make Supernova's(seeing as how one use of that spell would destroy the whole solar system! Why would you even need meteor materia to damage earth!?)

Wolverine would cleave the masamune like a toothpick. Wolverine would simply regen from anything thrown at him and honestly I think Wolverine is tons more skilled. Wolverine can take the Hulk but not Sephiroth!? Bulls$#%!

But alas, I know I will never get the point across. Sephiroth has loyal fans. He is the standard enigma with a large sword which means he has fanboys out the woodwork. I wish Someone put him in a battle with a real villain like Darkseid or something.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sparda

The Ace says:

"WTF!? Is this even a question? Wolverine takes this one easily. I freaking hate wolverine and even I know this. First off Wolverine has centuries more combat experience and is one of the best combatants in the Marvel Universe. He has faced down mutants that make Sephiroth seem like the Ice cream man. I am speaking from the perspective of someone who has beaten Final Fantasy VII like 5 times and seen advent children. What will Sephiroth do that would eevn slow wolverine down? Lets be realistic, because Seph isn't going to use half the spells from the game! They were GAME SPELLS! They were pretty much retconned by Advent children(He never use one spell in that movie)! I think its safe to assume that Sephiroth can't soul-steal and and make Supernova's(seeing as how one use of that spell would destroy the whole solar system! Why would you even need meteor materia to damage earth!?) Wolverine would cleave the masamune like a toothpick. Wolverine would simply regen from anything thrown at him and honestly I think Wolverine is tons more skilled. Wolverine can take the Hulk but not Sephiroth!? Bulls$#%! But alas, I know I will never get the point across. Sephiroth has loyal fans. He is the standard enigma with a large sword which means he has fanboys out the woodwork. I wish Someone put him in a battle with a real villain like Darkseid or something."

Yes, let's see Wolverine heal from someone who can just rip his soul out. Or how about when he's being annihilated by a meteorite. You are obviously a fanboy. Darkseid would obliterate Wolverine in a second.

Avatar image for the_mighty_thor
The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The Mighty Thor

i have to say this will be a long battle but sephiroth wins

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Vrakmul

Eternal Chaos says:

"Sephiroth wins. He is extremely talented with that blade of his. His reach is incredible and he uses magic. Jax, correct me if I'm wrong, but Sephiroth is deadly accurate with his sword right? If that's the case, he can slice the joints in Logan's neck, sending his head down to the ground. Sephiroth also uses magic which is a huge advantage because he wouldn't even need to take his sword out. He can just cast Ultima, and annhilate Logan. Or cast death which will kill Logan's soul, killing him. Either way, Logan doesn't stand a chance."

you forgot that sephiroth can bring down meteors at will. He just get's the largest one of them all the 600 mile in diameter dwarf planet of ceres to directly hit wolverine and wolverine will die skeleton or not.

Avatar image for the_mighty_thor
The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The Mighty Thor

Scrin Supervisor 925 Unit Alpha says:

"The Mighty Thor says:
"i have to say this will be a long battle but sephiroth wins"
what about the 600 mile meteor wolverine will be destroyed if not half the planet with him."

i'm just saying his healing factor willl keep him fight

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Vrakmul

The Mighty Thor says:

what about the 600 mile meteor wolverine will be destroyed if not half the planet with him.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Vrakmul

The Mighty Thor says:

"Scrin Supervisor 925 Unit Alpha says:
"The Mighty Thor says:
what about the 600 mile meteor wolverine will be destroyed if not half the planet with him."
i'm just saying his healing factor willl keep him fight"
He can't regenerate from destruction on the atomic scale which a texas sized meteor can deliver.
Post Edited:2007-09-08 15:14:40
JT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JT

The Ace says:

"WTF!? Is this even a question? Wolverine takes this one easily. I freaking hate wolverine and even I know this. First off Wolverine has centuries more combat experience and is one of the best combatants in the Marvel Universe. He has faced down mutants that make Sephiroth seem like the Ice cream man. I am speaking from the perspective of someone who has beaten Final Fantasy VII like 5 times and seen advent children. What will Sephiroth do that would eevn slow wolverine down? Lets be realistic, because Seph isn't going to use half the spells from the game! They were GAME SPELLS! They were pretty much retconned by Advent children(He never use one spell in that movie)! I think its safe to assume that Sephiroth can't soul-steal and and make Supernova's(seeing as how one use of that spell would destroy the whole solar system! Why would you even need meteor materia to damage earth!?) Wolverine would cleave the masamune like a toothpick. Wolverine would simply regen from anything thrown at him and honestly I think Wolverine is tons more skilled. Wolverine can take the Hulk but not Sephiroth!? Bulls$#%! But alas, I know I will never get the point across. Sephiroth has loyal fans. He is the standard enigma with a large sword which means he has fanboys out the woodwork. I wish Someone put him in a battle with a real villain like Darkseid or something."

Sephiroth is to quick for wolverine to handle.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I hate all of you. (Save for the people who voted Sephiroth)

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Forever

Ace actually makes an interesting argument. I dont know enough about Sephiroth to say whether his argument is right or not, but it's very interesting. Too bad he didnt defend his position.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#36  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Sparda says:

"You are obviously a fanboy."

I think that was uncalled for.

shimuku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By shimuku

Sepheroth!

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The WeatherMan

Sephiroth annihilates Wolverine. Combat experience? Like a dude who handles an 8 foot long sword as if it was his own hand doesn't have any combat experience! His speed is far superior. He can stay out of Wolverine's range. He has magic, his strength is higher than Wolverine's too. This isn't even fair.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Forever says:

"Ace actually makes an interesting argument. I dont know enough about Sephiroth to say whether his argument is right or not, but it's very interesting. Too bad he didnt defend his position."

I'll tell you what I know about Sephiroth, is much faster, has much greater range, is excellent at using magic, and has incredible reflexes.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sparda

Buckshot says:

"Sparda says:
"You are obviously a fanboy."

I think that was uncalled for. "

I apologize. I crossed a line there, that no man should ever cross.....
Post Edited:2007-09-08 21:01:37

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Forever

Eternal Chaos says:

"Forever says:
"Ace actually makes an interesting argument. I dont know enough about Sephiroth to say whether his argument is right or not, but it's very interesting. Too bad he didnt defend his position."

I'll tell you what I know about Sephiroth, is much faster, has much greater range, is excellent at using magic, and has incredible reflexes."

How do you know? Just how fast is he? Is he shown dodging bullets? There is at least one showing of Wolverine actually catching a bullet. Ace went on about how his magic has been at least limited via retcon, which may be the case as far as I know...

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sparda

Forever says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Forever says:

I'll tell you what I know about Sephiroth, is much faster, has much greater range, is excellent at using magic, and has incredible reflexes."

How do you know? Just how fast is he? Is he shown dodging bullets? There is at least one showing of Wolverine actually catching a bullet. Ace went on about how his magic has been at least limited via retcon, which may be the case as far as I know..."

It was never retconned. He didn't use it against Cloud because he is arrogant.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Forever

Sparda says:

"Forever says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Forever says:

How do you know? Just how fast is he? Is he shown dodging bullets? There is at least one showing of Wolverine actually catching a bullet. Ace went on about how his magic has been at least limited via retcon, which may be the case as far as I know..."

It was never retconned. He didn't use it against Cloud because he is arrogant."

Ahh. And what about against Wolverine? Would he be too arrogant to employ it against him as well?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Forever says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Forever says:

Due to the showing that I've seen of Sephiroth, what I've seen in games, (i.e. Kingdom Hearts) and what I've seen in the Final Fantasy movie. He's been shown to move extremely fast, and almost impossible to see moving at times (Kingdom Hearts 2). His weapon is incredibly long, and his attacks are very swift. Wolverine's claws aren't long enough to hit Sephiroth.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Forever

Eternal Chaos says:

"Due to the showing that I've seen of Sephiroth, what I've seen in games, (i.e. Kingdom Hearts) and what I've seen in the Final Fantasy movie. He's been shown to move extremely fast, and almost impossible to see moving at times (Kingdom Hearts 2). His weapon is incredibly long, and his attacks are very swift. Wolverine's claws aren't long enough to hit Sephiroth."

And Wolverine couldnt cut through his sword?

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sparda

Forever says:

"Sparda says:
"Forever says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Forever says:

Ahh. And what about against Wolverine? Would he be too arrogant to employ it against him as well?"

Possibly, but even with him being arrogant he would still defeat Wolvie. He was flying, chucking energy blasts, moving extremely fast, and was cutting through buildings with pinpoint accuracy.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Forever says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Due to the showing that I've seen of Sephiroth, what I've seen in games, (i.e. Kingdom Hearts) and what I've seen in the Final Fantasy movie. He's been shown to move extremely fast, and almost impossible to see moving at times (Kingdom Hearts 2). His weapon is incredibly long, and his attacks are very swift. Wolverine's claws aren't long enough to hit Sephiroth."
And Wolverine couldnt cut through his sword?"

I haven't seen Sephiroth's blade break. So it's unknown whether or not he can break it. Also, Logan would have to move at an astounding speed.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Forever

Interesting. I know that one of the things regarding judging comic book characters against video game or anime characters is that in the second group, you actually get to see them move. I dont think that any of the American cartoons have accurately depicted the speed of the characters so we always run into this problem. That's one reason why the DBZ fans always think that surely Goku is much faster than Superman, Silver Surfer or anyone short of Flash.

But just going off of what you both have said, I'm inclined to lean towards Sephiroth. Though I dont know enough about the character to say for certain.

However. Just because an item has never broken doesnt mean that it cant. You need more than that to counter the fact that his opponent has a truly unbreakable skeleton and claws. And Sephiroth would not necessarily know to attack the joints, unless youre claiming prior knowledge of Wolverine. Sephiroth could make a mistake and get his blade caught between Wolverine's bones and end up getting shredded, but I'll still lean in Sephiroth's favor.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Forever says:

"Interesting. I know that one of the things regarding judging comic book characters against video game or anime characters is that in the second group, you actually get to see them move. I dont think that any of the American cartoons have accurately depicted the speed of the characters so we always run into this problem. That's one reason why the DBZ fans always think that surely Goku is much faster than Superman, Silver Surfer or anyone short of Flash. But just going off of what you both have said, I'm inclined to lean towards Sephiroth. Though I dont know enough about the character to say for certain. However. Just because an item has never broken doesnt mean that it cant. You need more than that to counter the fact that his opponent has a truly unbreakable skeleton and claws. And Sephiroth would not necessarily know to attack the joints, unless youre claiming prior knowledge of Wolverine. Sephiroth could make a mistake and get his blade caught between Wolverine's bones and end up getting shredded, but I'll still lean in Sephiroth's favor."

That's a completely understandable opinion Forever, which is why I'm not much of a big fan of these anime, or video game characters battling with comic book characters. If Sephiroth got his blade stuck in Logan, he might pull it out, either that, or cast magic. Just stating a possibility though.

The Ace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By The Ace

Sparda says:

"Forever says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Forever says:

Or maybe he just didn't have those spells. You seriously expect me to believe that in canon this dude can make the sun go nova!? the game spells don't fit into continuity thats all I'm saying! Why is Seph packing materia anyways?

I just have a hard time believing that Wolverine can handle the Hulk yet he can be defeated by Sephiroth! Hulk has freaking punched an asteriod twice the size of earth to dust and Wolverine fights him yet he loses to a guy with a long sword! Wolverine has dodged a point blank blast from cyclops yet he can't dodge a sword!?

Also I'm pretty sure Wolverine's joints are somehow protected. I don't know why or how seeing as how he is still able to move but somehow the are. He can't be beheaded. It used to be that he could killed if you did damage enough to were he possibly couldn't regenerate back but now he seems to be able to survive anything.

Ehh, Wolverine gives me a headache.