Sebastian Shaw (movie version) vs Abomination (movie version)

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Edgeworth_11

The fight starts when Abomination fails to get VIP access to the club. He kills the bouncers and Shaw has 2 minutes prep. He swallows and successfully absorbs a grenade and his goons punch him until Abomination steps in. 

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Edgeworth_11

bump
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Shaw's power means Abomination can't hurt him.  Every strike is just going to make Shaw more powerful, and then he's going to output all of that force directly back in Abomination's face.

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Edgeworth_11

I thought he might be overloaded. But Shaw IS a monster.
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By buttersdaman000

Everything Abomination does will just power up shaw........sooooooooo yeah. Shaw wins.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Shaw should win.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RisingBean

Um. Well after punches have no effect, Abomination just grabs Shaw and crushes him to death.   

Spoiler alert!!    

Magneto killed him by pushing a coin through his head at a slow steady pace. Obviously he can be defeated physically.   Abomination is one of the last guys Shaw should want to fight.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Edgeworth_11 said:
I thought he might be overloaded. But Shaw IS a monster.

The dude was holding onto a nuclear reactor.  I think he'll be okay, lol.
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Edgeworth_11
@RisingBean said:

Um. Well after punches have no effect, Abomination just grabs Shaw and crushes him to death.   

Spoiler alert!!    
  Magneto killed him by pushing a coin through his head at a slow steady pace. Obviously he can be defeated physically.   Abomination is one of the last guys Shaw should want to fight.   

It would be too late I think. Shaw with all those absorbed punches would have the strength to either BFR or brawl. 

The coin only went through cuz Charles stopped Shaw. Otherwise he would have abosrbed that too.
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By nefarious

Sebastian should win here.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Movie Shaw for the win. Comic-verse Shaw probably wouldn't.

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By katanalauncher
@RisingBean said:

Spoiler alert!!    
That's because Pro.X shut down his powers.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By slimj87d

So all he has absorbed in a Grenade and a bunch of Punches from normal men?  

Shaw losses people come on. He needs to have absorbed more than that to take an initial attack from abomination. Abomination could also twist his neck and snap it.  

odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By odinforce
the movie was great. best x-men movie so far. looking forward to wolverine 2 

as for the battle, abomination can't do anything to hurt shaw. shaw could spent all his time absorbing stuff and hitting abomination 
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By isaac_clarke

I don't understand, what prevents Abom from tearing him apart limb from limb after he figures out each hit is useless?
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By slimj87d
 All he has absorbed is a grenade and guys punching him...  I don't think he built up enough to take a punch from the abomination. If he absorbed maybe a few more grenades then yes. But only one grenade? The punches from his goons are mute. 
Youngcircle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Youngcircle

Wut LOL, Shaw dies...

odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By odinforce
@SlimJ87D: abomination cant hurt shaw. even if he just absorbed one grenade, abomination might just spend all his time trying to punch shaw while he walks around and just absorb more stuff to hit abomination with
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaw wins.
Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#20  Edited By Dracade102
@SlimJ87D said:
 All he has absorbed is a grenade and guys punching him...  I don't think he built up enough to take a punch from the abomination. If he absorbed maybe a few more grenades then yes. But only one grenade? The punches from his goons are mute. 
Have you seen the movie?
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@SlimJ87D said:
He also was absorbing massive energy from a nuclear reactor
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By slimj87d
@texasdeathmatch said:
@SlimJ87D said:
He also was absorbing massive energy from a nuclear reactor
But for this fight the OP said all he has absorbed was a grenade and what ever his goons could punch him for 2 minutes.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By slimj87d
@Dracade102 said:
@SlimJ87D said:
Have you seen the movie?
YES, and the OP only allowed him to absorb one grenade and a few punches from normal strength people. 

Shaw in the movie had absorbed all kinds of energies initially before we even met him. So if he only absorbed one grenade, then he wouldn't be on a level yet to absorb anything from the Abomination.  

His powers in the movie are really vague, but if they are anywhere near his comic book counter part, he has to initially level up before he can take heavy hitter attacks. 
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@SlimJ87D: That just means he'll start a little more powered up, I still think he's able to absorb a large amount of force at once, like a punch from Abomination. He was able to absorb that rpg on the fly
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By slimj87d
@texasdeathmatch said:
@SlimJ87D: That just means he'll start a little more powered up, I still think he's able to absorb a large amount of force at once, like a punch from Abomination. He was able to absorb that rpg on the fly
But he had already absorbed a tremendous amount of energy when we met him in the 60s, enough to turn young. Honestly, if he only has one grenade then the abomination can probably twist his neck around. 
Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#26  Edited By Dracade102
@SlimJ87D said:
@Dracade102 said:
@SlimJ87D said:
Have you seen the movie?
YES, and the OP only allowed him to absorb one grenade and a few punches from normal strength people.  Shaw in the movie had absorbed all kinds of energies initially before we even met him. So if he only absorbed one grenade, then he wouldn't be on a level yet to absorb anything from the Abomination.   His powers in the movie are really vague, but if they are anywhere near his comic book counter part, he has to initially level up before he can take heavy hitter attacks. 
I remember him taking a lot more hits when he broke into the CIA place looking for the other Mutants, got shot up / hit by an RPG by well over ten armed men, then he stamped his foot onto the ground and the room fell apart... Or did I miss something before that?
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@SlimJ87D: I'd expect Abomb to throw some punches first before going to the neck twist. But who knows
thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By thegreatfour
@texasdeathmatch: In the movie he was mostly just hitting people so I'd say he goes for punches.
Avatar image for mistress_crusher
Mistress_Crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mistress_Crusher
@Dracade102: What are his feats?
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By slimj87d
@Dracade102 said:
@SlimJ87D said:
@Dracade102 said:
@SlimJ87D said:
Have you seen the movie?
YES, and the OP only allowed him to absorb one grenade and a few punches from normal strength people.  Shaw in the movie had absorbed all kinds of energies initially before we even met him. So if he only absorbed one grenade, then he wouldn't be on a level yet to absorb anything from the Abomination.   His powers in the movie are really vague, but if they are anywhere near his comic book counter part, he has to initially level up before he can take heavy hitter attacks. 
I remember him taking a lot more hits when he broke into the CIA place looking for the other Mutants, got shot up / hit by an RPG by well over ten armed men, then he stamped his foot onto the ground and the room fell apart... Or did I miss something before that?
You missed the fact that the OP said he only absorbed one grenade. You missed the fact that when we met Shaw in the 60s, he had already absorbed lots of energies hence why he was much younger than he is suppose to be, so those feats don't count for this fight.  

This is honestly a poorly written topic because we don't know how strong Shaw is if he is an old man and only absorbed one grenade.  

His comic book counterpart cannot take a hit from the Abomination or the Hulk if he had only absorbed one grenade. Because there is lack of detail on how Movie Shaws powers defer from his comic book counterpart, to debate this topic is a waste of time because people will begin to debate with their theories and assumptions on how Shaw's powers work. 
sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By sa5m

The Sebastian Shaw

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RisingBean

Shaw can absorb the energy. He can't absorb being torn apart, or crushed.    Professor X turned off his power? I didn't realize you could do that. He collected energy passively I thought. How he expended it seemed to be conscious effort. It seemed to me Prof X kept him from moving. Nothing more.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By slimj87d
@Edamame said:

I'm getting very tired of repeating myself here. In this topic, the OP said that all Shaw has is a single grenade and what ever his men can punch him at for 2 minutes. Please read the OP.  

"The fight starts when Abomination fails to get VIP access to the club. He kills the bouncers and Shaw has 2 minutes prep. He swallows and successfully absorbs a grenade and his goons punch him until Abomination steps in."
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Edgeworth_11

To be more specific, 10 guys are punching the life out of Shaw for those 2 minutes. Hope that is specific enough. 

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@SlimJ87D said:
@Edamame said:

@RisingBean said:

Magneto killed him by pushing a coin through his head at a slow steady pace. Obviously he can be defeated physically.   

If that coin were moving at a high velocity, then it wouldn't have killed him, and he would have been able to absorb the kinetic energy of the coin.  That's why Magneto moved the coin slowly.
I'm getting very tired of repeating myself here. In this topic, the OP said that all Shaw has is a single grenade and what ever his men can punch him at for 2 minutes. Please read the OP.  

"The fight starts when Abomination fails to get VIP access to the club. He kills the bouncers and Shaw has 2 minutes prep. He swallows and successfully absorbs a grenade and his goons punch him until Abomination steps in."

And everything Abomination does to Shaw he'll absorb too.  Then, he'll dish it all out.  Shaw wins.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By slimj87d
@Edamame said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@Edamame said:

Yes, I am aware of that, but what does your post have to do with my conversation with RisingBean regarding the coin? I am befuddled.
Because you quoted me. I see you edited your post too. Here is the original. 

"Edamame just replied to your comment:

@SlimJ87D

said: 

So all he has absorbed in a Grenade and a bunch of Punches from normal men?   

It was more than that. " 

It's okay, I'm over it.  

@k4tzm4n  said: 
@SlimJ87D said: 
@Edamame said: 

"The fight starts when Abomination fails to get VIP access to the club. He kills the bouncers and Shaw has 2 minutes prep. He swallows and successfully absorbs a grenade and his goons punch him until Abomination steps in."
And everything Abomination does to Shaw he'll absorb too.  Then, he'll dish it all out.  Shaw wins.
The movie Shaw's powers are too vague and lacking in detail as in comparison to the comic book shaw.  

-I will note that if he is based off of his comic book counter part in which he would have to get on a level not too far below his opponents  strength in which before he could actually absorb a blow.  
 -Others here argue that he can absorb anything at anytime but there is no proof of this either since when we jump 20 years later Shaw has already absorbed enough energies to make himself much younger than he should be. Possibly 50 years younger. 

Both arguments end up as a matter of opinion. 
RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RisingBean
@k4tzm4n
@Edamame: 

Alright. Here is how I see it, step for step. Blonsky walks in, gets pissed and starts a scene. Shaw realizes a twelve foot tall monster is wreaking havoc and has his men jumpstart him. He then goes to take out the trash. Abomination can't physically hurt Shaw with punches unless there is an upper limit that Shaw can absorb. As we were not shown one I will assume there is not. So we have Blonsky hitting Shaw and not only is he not hurting him, he isn't even moving him. Shaw is hitting Abomination but it isn't damage our not so jolly green giant can't tank. Abomination then has three options. 1. Continue hitting him. As that hasn't been working at all, I don't see Blonsky doing it. 2. Pick him up and throw him around. While this moves Shaw around it still has no desired effects when it comes to damage. So we come to option 3. Tear him limb from limb. It works on the same principle as the movie.  

Shaw died because of slow steady pressure. The coin didn't hit Shaw with any impact. It was pressed against his skull and pressure was put on it until it's edge tore through skin, bone and brain matter.  

Imagine Shaw as a head of lettuce. Now imagine Abomination as the guy who pulls apart that lettuce because he wants a salad.