Rulk vs Rogue

mikemaximum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No morals, no prep, to the death. Rogue has her Ms Marvel powers but cannot blitz attack. Fight begins 400 feet a part in the Nevada desert. Who wins.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Rulk.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rulk

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ross

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By patrat18
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm...not sure this is a landslide in Rulk's favor. Unless he is capable of one-shotting her.I think Rogue may be able to hold on long enough to drain him. He is stronger than she is but she had some decent damage soak when she was 50 tons, she still has agile flight, and can instantly start draining upon touching him.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GhostRavage

@thunderbolt30: Rulk fought Ms. Marvel along with Wonder Man, Ares, Sentry and Black Widow and held his own pretty good.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@thunderbolt30: Rulk fought Ms. Marvel along with Wonder Man, Ares, Sentry and Black Widow and held his own pretty good.

I don't think Ares & Rulk have ever met ? plus if Rulk over heats i think Rogue has a good chance of beating him .

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@ghostravage said:

Understood and agreed.I think he would stomp out Rogue if she tried to brawl with him. He is too strong for her to out fight, which I think she would know and would not try. I think she would get in to drain him so she can have the same raw physical power as he does. Or try to KO him via absorption.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage said:

Understood and agreed.I think he would stomp out Rogue if she tried to brawl with him. He is too strong for her to out fight, which I think she would know and not try. I think she would get in to drain him so she can have the same raw physical power as he does. Or try to KO him via absorption.

I would say he stomps her whether or not they engage in a brawl, 1 Rogue is not as smart as Ms. Marvel, who was trained by Steve who is a absurd strategist by himself (actually telling the Galactic council what to do in Infinity). That being said, Ross is an strategist as well. Not to mention a quite ruthless person himself. He will play cheap if something jeopardizes the mission, which in this case is beating Rogue into a pulp :P

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@ghostravage said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

@ghostravage said:

Understood and agreed.I think he would stomp out Rogue if she tried to brawl with him. He is too strong for her to out fight, which I think she would know and not try. I think she would get in to drain him so she can have the same raw physical power as he does. Or try to KO him via absorption.

I would say he stomps her whether or not they engage in a brawl, 1 Rogue is not as smart as Ms. Marvel, who was trained by Steve who is a absurd strategist by himself (actually telling the Galactic council what to do in Infinity). That being said, Ross is an strategist as well. Not to mention a quite ruthless person himself. He will play cheap if something jeopardizes the mission, which in this case is beating Rogue into a pulp :P

I think your underestimating Rogue a bit, though I am not sure why she would need to be as intelligent as Carol to have a chance here.

She is an experienced heroine who is intelligent enough to leverage her own experience and abilities. Keep in mind classic Rogue with Ms.Marvel power's defeated quite a few Avengers on her own (which included Steve and Thor). And she has fought a hulk (She-Hulk) before and defeated her by draining her. She also drained Juggernaut as well before. I think these examples demonstrate that Rogue is combat intelligent enough to know her own limitations and advantages.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman1
AllStarHit-Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AllStarHit-Girl

Rulk

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

@ghostravage said:

I think your underestimating Rogue a bit, though I am not sure why she would need to be as intelligent as Carol to have a chance here.

She is an experienced heroine who is intelligent enough to leverage her own experience and abilities. Keep in mind classic Rogue with Ms.Marvel power's defeated quite a few Avengers on her own (which included Steve and Thor). And she has fought a hulk (She-Hulk) before and defeated her by draining her. She also drained Juggernaut as well before. I think these examples demonstrate that Rogue is combat intelligent enough to know her own limitations and advantages.

Im not underestimating her, what i meant is that even if Rogue has Ms. Marvel's powers, she would still be stomped by Rulk. Morals off from an already ruthless powerful character makes this falls into his advantage. Not only he's a drainer as well, but i hardly doubt Rogue will absorb heat per se, it's not like he gives out Gamma Radiation nor anything like that, he just becomes utterly hot, at the point of melting secondary adamantium. Now picture the same heat hitting Rogue. I still have no scenario where Rogue could beat a Morals Off Ross.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think she would lose but might have a better chance if she could absorb Ms Marvel's AND part of Rulk's powers then she might have a better chance.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: I agree that with Ms.Marvel's powers she is still not a match for Rulk. I'm not sure he has an answer for her absorbing his powers and energy and possibly being incapacitated that way. But you mention something interesting. How does his energy draining work? And how fast can he build up his heat?

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GhostRavage

@thunderbolt30: Well, he just happened to exchange a few hits with Hulk in Pak's run, and he seemed to recreate a nuclear blast on him by punching him significantly hard. However, since most of his feats are from Jeph Loeb, i could use him draining Surfer off his power in 1 panel. I think it works pretty fast IMO. But i can assure you he has an special affinity with Gamma Radiation.

solon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rulk

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

General Thunderbolt Ross.

BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue.

Doesn't she gain Character's power's through skin touch? Rulk seems to expose a lot of that. So if he touches her. She pretty much get's his power's and get's alot stronger. So she wins.

Avatar image for officialrikudousennin
OfficialRikudouSennin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i need some feats on rulk?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@thunderbolt30: Well, he just happened to exchange a few hits with Hulk in Pak's run, and he seemed to recreate a nuclear blast on him by punching him significantly hard. However, since most of his feats are from Jeph Loeb, i could use him draining Surfer off his power in 1 panel. I think it works pretty fast IMO. But i can assure you he has an special affinity with Gamma Radiation.

Thanks. Then if he lands a nuke level blow on Rogue she is down for the count for sure. It also sounds like if she drained him of his power then are you saying he could energy drain her back? If so then I am completely sold on his winning.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GhostRavage

@officialrikudousennin said:

i need some feats on rulk?

Like what kind sir.

@thunderbolt30 said:

@ghostravage said:

Thanks. Then if he lands a nuke level blow on Rogue she is down for the count for sure. It also sounds like if she drained him of his power then are you saying he could energy drain her back? If so then I am completely sold on his winning.

I actually found the scans in the bloody mess i call my "data base" of how fast he absorbed Hulk... He did this 2 times.

The first time was in Incredible Hulk #600, where he literally drains Hulk back to Banner in 15 seconds. I didn't recall the instance to be so overpowered... But hell, that's a Silver Surfer tier absorption feat to be honest, since Silver Surfer was the only one able to drain Hulk so fast as far as i know...

(From right to left)

The second time was in Hulk #24 where he absorbs a considerable amount of energy off Hulk to recreate the nuclear blast i mentioned...

(From right to left)

Just so you can have a better picture of this mate. I know you kind of agreed with me though, but i myself didn't notice such a big gap of tiers between Ms. Marveled Rogue and Rulk...

To answer your question, im pretty sure he could drain his powers back, im even willing to say Rulk will not be drained at all given his drain speed feats...

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage:

Thanks. I'm convinced he wins. Her only real shot is to drain him, and being that she would be copying his powers and that he can quickly drain that form energy himself I don't see her winning that tug of war. And yes there is a sizable strength gap. Rogue was 50 tons back at that time vs Rulk being at 100 tons.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: Agreed. I meant tier in general, not only strength though.

Avatar image for officialrikudousennin
OfficialRikudouSennin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@officialrikudousennin: Oh well, then it must be owning Odin Force Thor, stealing Surfer powers and punching Uatu in the face... You'll need to wait for the scans till friday, im away from home.