Professor Zoom vs. Darkseid/Thanos/Doomsday

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

If this is Thawne, then Thanos solos. Darkseid would as well.

Definitely not. No one is soloing.

Except Arguably, Thawne.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

What exactly can Thawne do to Thanos?

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What exactly can Thawne do to Thanos?

I don't see why he can't just dump them all at the end of the universe and let them implode in time.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By TheGrayGhost

@nickthedevil: Except for say Darkseid having feats for using Boom Tubes to do the whole move through time thing( granted it was used to access the beginning of time and not the end)

Thanos has both time travelled and had a pretty major arc where his teleportation techwas a game changer in a cosmic war

Also this is assuming Thawne has actual feats for instantenous time dumps, considering Darkseids microsecond / lightspeed feats and even ignoring that , the fact that if he even takes a second for this, Thanos would have had enough time to TP him

So does he have feats for instantenous time dumps? I don't recall that one

moreover your argument is " Thawne is using a force that is not his own, to win"

I'm not sure that's allowed

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: Except for say Darkseid having feats for using Boom Tubes to do the whole move through time thing( granted it was used to access the beginning of time and not the end)

You talking about the Mobius chair's Boom Tubes? Completely different from a motherboxes' boom tube.

Thanos has both time travelled and had a pretty major arc where his teleportation techwas a game changer in a cosmic war

There is no prep in this. If he carries that tech around standardly, I don't know what to tell you, because that would mean a serious case of PIS.

Also this is assuming Thawne has actual feats for instantenous time dumps, considering Darkseids microsecond / lightspeed feats and even ignoring that , the fact that if he even takes a second for this, Thanos would have had enough time to TP him

Thawne's brought Barry into the Negative speed force instantly. Don't know why it wouldn't be the same. Darkseid has no microsecond/lightspeed feats. Does Thanos even go straight for TP? Pretty sure Thawne (And his mind) will be running way too fast for that to even work.

So does he have feats for instantenous time dumps? I don't recall that one

Does Thanos have instantaneous TP feats to Speedsters FTL with his own power? A speedster no less, that can control time? A speedster that is ready to kill at the drop of a hat?

moreover your argument is " Thawne is using a force that is not his own, to win"

I'm not sure that's allowed

What? What force? He has the ability to time travel.

All this aside, they have no counter to being frozen in time; Getting wiped from existence.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil:

1. I'm talking about Darkseid opening a boom tube to the beginning of time at the end of Our Worlds at War with his omega beams. And Darkseid doesn't use motherboxes. Superman has noted he opens boom tubes by " sheer force of will". Orion has noted Darkseid has travelled through time at will in Brynes fourth world iirc

So anyway, the boom tube that Darkseid eventually opened up was powered up by a variety of others, but the original plan was for Darkseid alone pulling it off, only he got weakened

if nothing else he has the whole " send Batman hurtling through time" feat

So yes, Darkseid should be able to overcome any time travel related problems

2. Having rechecked the feat, Thanos flat out travels through time after a flash of light in Silver Surfer v2 35. His other time travel feats involve his chair iirc, which is standard gear

As for teleportation, for one thing Thanos' standard gear includes his chair , for another hes teleported without it( after nearly killing Norrin just as an example) and finally why do you feel its PIS?

Thanos being , what he is, whose power set is pretty much limited only by what the writer has in mind, which is pretty much the case for every marvel cosmic from Silver surfer up, teleporting and time travel are hardly the craziest things Thanos has done

And the arc in question was annihilation. Where iirc Thanos also teleported( again) without tech while kidnapping Moondragon

3. Instantly?

As in before Barry said a word? Don't recall that. Issue no? Also the whole thing where he negates speed force users makes the feat dubious

Darkseid has reacted in a microsecond in cosmic oddesy, hes blitzed supes so fast he didn't even see him in Superman vol 2 3. Hes perceived the Black Racer moving at light speed in Final Crisis.

This is consistent with the feats of new gods as a race , what with Takion, Lightray, and Orions own speed and how even new gods kids and foot soldiers surprise supes with their speed

So yep, Darkseid definitely has them feats

4. Thanos has TPd Fallen One who has FTL speed feats. He didn't do it instantly I guess. Oh and yeah Fallen one was definitely trying to kill him

Thanos not instantly TPing Fallen One is however not really relevant given Thanos wasn't really trying too hard on that day and various telepaths in marvel ( such as moondragon, whos Thanos at least equals) have feats for instant TP so thats not really an issue.

Even humans like Xavier can tp instantly( as far as human reflexes go)

On the other hand I don't recall a single speed force user or Zoom BFRing *instantly*. Speed force users need to specifically build up speed to do so.

so again, has Zoom actually done it instantly?

And also what stops them from coming back?

5.the force in question is universal entropy. Thats not his force

thats like saying Supes kills Batman by throwing him into the sun. Thats not supes killing batman. Thats the sun killing Batman

That aside. Getting frozen in time? For a dude whose control over his molecules extends to flat out laughing off external forces warping reality to the extent of removing half his face?

Not buying it.

Getting wiped from existence.

huh. Nope. I'm not seeing Thawne wiping Thanos from existence. The whole ignoring " reality thing" because " I'm Thanos" means short of a more powerful reality warper attempting something , wiping out Thanos from existence just isn't happening

Thanos specifically survives because " Thanos is unique " in every universe.

So no....when you ignore reality warping on that scale, time shenanigans ain't really doing it

Of course that again, this ignores stuff like how Thanos can't even die in the first place while Darkseid( pre 52)s death ends the multi verse

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: Will it be pre 52 Wally West in convergence?

Who do you think wins this fight?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos or Darkseid solos.

But on ComicVine Speed>Presence/TOAA> Living Tribunal

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: Did Flashpoint Eobard's powers come from his suit or were they actually his powers? Did he have powers without the suit?

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clearly you underestimate the power of SPEEEEEEEEEDDDDDD!!!!

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team wins with explicit amounts of easy

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@frisky4 said:
@jmarshmallow said:

Clearly you underestimate the power of SPEEEEEEEEEDDDDDD!!!!

Clearly you underestimate the power of PIMPHAAAAAAAANNNNNNNDDDDDDDD!!!!

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@nickthedevil said:

@jmarshmallow said:

Definitely not. No one is soloing.

Except Arguably, Thawne.

Well when you put it like that....

Maybe if it was Zolomon ;)

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5
deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

The pic is of Zolomon.

Either way, this is a ridiculously displaced fight. Three bricks against a speedster.

Neither version of Zoom is doing anything to these characters, save maybe Darkseid.

Yet, none of the three can lay a hand on the speedster. Save maybe Doomsday (??)

Dude defeated the Radiant, a being of pure energy.

Direflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh these pointless speedster crap battles. Fights going purely nowhere, yet in comicvine they usually solo against like 20 superman like beings at the same time.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultra-Bricks Vs an Omega-Speedster?

I see Zoom erasing them from existence.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos solo's.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By NotATreeABush

Team wins

ClassicRainbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Team over Zoom (Does anybody remember how laughful the animated film was? Me too.).

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one from the team would solo Professor Zoom

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

thawne

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone explain this speed wanking to me I never get it...

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zoom

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@sophisticated_ignorance: Wanking? Probably. But you can't deny that that level of speed is not powerful.

Zolomon appears as a blur to Wally, and uses time manipulation to get that fast. I'm not an expert on flashes, but if none of the characters on the team can touch Zoom, how can they defeat him? Of course, both Thanos and Darkseid can just crack the planet in half, but to do that, they have to tank millions of punches from Zoom and only experts on Zoom can tell us how well they will fare.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophisticated_ignorance: Wanking? Probably. But you can't deny that that level of speed is not powerful.

Zolomon appears as a blur to Wally, and uses time manipulation to get that fast. I'm not an expert on flashes, but if none of the characters on the team can touch Zoom, how can they defeat him? Of course, both Thanos and Darkseid can just crack the planet in half, but to do that, they have to tank millions of punches from Zoom and only experts on Zoom can tell us how well they will fare.

It is wanking, team stomps.

Zooms baby punches aren't hurting Darkseid, Thanos or Doomsday, all three of those guys can take blows from hitter's who have enough strength to lift the earth which Zoom doesn't obviously. Zoom doesn't have super strength his punches are just fast, but they still hit at regular strength. One of these guys will get there hands on Zoom and when they do he's a goner.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The team stomps them, Darkseid and Thanos has aerial attacks and Doomsday could clap his hands together and make a sonic boom.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Baron_von_Santa

@ariesxmasters: .....it's obvious you know nothing of science, much less grade school science.

"Zoom doesn't have super strength his punches are just fast, but they still hit at regular strength."

Zoom goes so fast his punches hit with enough force to stun Superman level beings.

Here's a scan of him using the thunderclap (or rather, thundersnap seeing as he snapped his fingers at super speed and toppled a building):

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111119340/3744481-9747068553-Zoom_.jpg

Here's him breaking out of Hal's constructs:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/4/48954/1842508-new_picture__62_.jpg

And here's Wonder Woman after being hit by his "baby punches":

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/4/48954/1842495-new_picture__49_.jpg

Conclusion: accusing other people of wanking while not knowing a thing about the character is called hating

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baron_von_santa:

Just ignore him, I've gone over this topic hundreds of times with him; There's no understanding why he posts the same thing over and over.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: .....it's obvious you know nothing of science, much less grade school science.

"Zoom doesn't have super strength his punches are just fast, but they still hit at regular strength."

Zoom goes so fast his punches hit with enough force to stun Superman level beings.

Here's a scan of him using the thunderclap:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111119340/3744481-9747068553-Zoom_.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/4/48954/1842508-new_picture__62_.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/4/48954/1842495-new_picture__49_.jpg

Conclusion: accusing other people of wanking while not knowing a THING about the character.....that's hating.

I don't usually say this, but those are complete Plot PIS nonsense. How could Zoom possible make a thunder clap you need at least some kind of super strength to do that. Yet he does it by snapping his fingers yeah, okay, the plot helping him out there to me like they're making up power as they write the story.

Third feat also makes no sense even by Comic standards how is getting hit by Zoom more painful than taking punches from Superman the guy who can lift and move planets? Sounds like the plot helping him there too. Sounds like for the plot they were making him tougher than he would really be so the story can go on.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team wins

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By nickthedevil

@baron_von_santa said:

Conclusion: accusing other people of wanking while not knowing a THING about the character.....that's hating.

I don't usually say this, but those are complete Plot PIS nonsense. How could Zoom possible make a thunder clap you need at least some kind of super strength to do that. Yet he does it by snapping his fingers yeah, okay, the plot helping him out there to me like they're making up power as they write the story.

Third feat also makes no sense even by Comic standards how is getting hit by Zoom more painful than taking punches from Superman the guy who can lift and move planets? Sounds like the plot helping him there too. Sounds like for the plot they were making him tougher than he would really be so the story can go on.

I'll go over it one more time, for old time's sake.

F=MA

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: Ah. from his latest post (which is just ridiculous! Look at it, he doesn't even know what PIS means, thinking that even though Zoom has shown that every time, and I even posted three separate occasions, it's still plot induced stupidity), I see what you say is true.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: Ah. from his latest post (which is just ridiculous! Look at it, he doesn't even know what PIS means, thinking that even though Zoom has shown that every time, and I even posted three separate occasions, it's still plot induced stupidity), I see what you say is true.

He swears he reads Flash too. That's the worst part.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Baron_von_Santa

@nickthedevil: The best part is nobody takes him seriously, even if he manages to annoy everyone here into going away, nothing will come of it except a bad reputation for him. Perhaps it will make him happy, briefly, that he 'won'. This hate puts him at the same level as those flash fanboys who take it too far

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ariesxmasters

@ariesxmasters said:

@baron_von_santa said:

I'll go over it one more time, for old time's sake.

F=MA

I don't know what you're talking about.

No Caption Provided

themongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

team wins

MONGOOSE

TheClassicIon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team wins

If this was Hunter Zolomon then he'd win

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil:

HOW TO DEAL WITH TROLLS

Problem, Comic Vine? Three simple steps to dealing with trolls:

Do not engage them at all. They feed off of your attention. No matter how much they attempt to bait you, you absolutely need to ignore them.

If you sense someone is blatantly trolling, flag their post or PM a mod. We'll check it out and handle it. There's no reason for you to get your hands dirty.

I know it's tempting to argue with them. "Someone is wrong on the internet! I can't stand by and let that happen!" I've fallen into that trap dozens of times. It never turns out well and is simply a waste of your time. So please, for the love of all that is holy, follow steps 1 and 2.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@nickthedevil: Yeah, never worry with AresXMasters. Dude just lowballs any speedsters and is ignorant on the subject.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People do realize Thwane can just go back in time and kill them as children right?

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Onemoreposter

THat's ZOlomon pictured in the OP. If this vvas Zolomon he vvould vvin.

Hovvever if this is Thavvn then team stomps.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By NimaMindTricks

how is Thawne erasing beings who are from different planets and universes from existence without any ounce of prior knowledge?

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By NimaMindTricks

People do realize Thwane can just go back in time and kill them as children right?

how? they are from different planets and universes. he has no prior knowledge of them. Aren't they all more or less immortal regardless? Is that his opening move when he's in character? if so, my God he's unstoppable

@nimamindtricks: you've asked to much they will be coming for you now

comic vine cardinal sin: question a speedster

ScotticusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a n00bish question, since I haven't yet gotten around to reading anything involving Zoom. If he's super fast by manipulating time, how is it that he can hit hard or phase or do pretty much anything the Flash/Thawne can do? If he's moving at relatively low speeds, just while manipulating time, that wouldn't really translate into force. Is it just something they glossed over? Because realistically, I see no way Zoom could even tickle anybody here.