Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SUNMAN
No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

who wins and why?

it seems people on here seem to think there is a substantial difference between new 52 Wondy and Supes and their previous incarnations, so just interested in peoples thoughts.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Experio

Blue Marvel

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue Marvel

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman

monarch_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman.

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue Marvel. The Blue Marvel can withstand a nuclear blast with absolutely NO injury. If you Wonder Woman fans read the recent Superman/Wonder Woman #6, Wonder Woman was seriously injured by an atomic blast (one atom splitting) and required magical medical attention. She only survived because Superman wrapped her up in his alien cape, otherwise, she was going to die. Blue Marvel, besides being invulnerable, has molecular manipulation powers, shoots anti-matter energy (omni-directional blasts - dodge that!), and can even create energy constructs. He's as strong as Sentry or Hulk (The Watcher stated in the Blue Marvel miniseries that he is capable of splitting the moon with one punch), survives space, has a healing factor if you can manage to actually injure him, has the "superman suite" of enhanced senses, thinks/reacts at superhuman speeds, ... you guys get it. This isn't fair to Diana,who is a master-H2H, sword-wielding, flying brick. She can't hurt him, and he can turn her into vapor.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd say Blue Marvel takes a slight majority.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

Blue Marvel takes this

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BoringPerson

Probably Blue Marvel. 8/10

Bloodlusted Diana obliterates him 10/10. Diana without her lasso and with her bracers on keeps up with two Kryptonians. Bloodlusted without her Bracers with her Atom Divider or her spear she kills Blue Marvel without much of a fight.

TopTierGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TopTierGoat

Have to say i love that marvel brought back BM. Love the mighty avengers lineup all around!

Edit: Blue Marvell's ass whoopin of diana would be epic. Then he would build her some sick tech gear out of kindness. Humblebrag style

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Have to say i love that marvel brought back BM. Love the mighty avengers lineup all around!

Yeah, I really love the lineup for Mighty Avengers.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DemonKnights

@dogsoldier88: actually, what happend was that she was whooping 2 kryptonians behinds and then later they got a major amp from The God Apollo. Her and superman were so weak they couldn't even fly after that beating and DESPITE that, they both STILLLL survived a nuclear blast at point blank range.

Shou-Lao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue Marvel is more powerful than 52 WW

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue Marvel

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OkRaider88

@demonknights: Yes, they were weak from getting their butts kicked by two amped up Kryptonians that would ALSO get their butts kicked by Blue Marvel. But your logic is flawed (see the scan below). The Kryptonians intended to block Superman from direct contact from the sun so he wouldn't heal from the beating he just took, and they intended Wonder Woman to get radiation poisoning and die. Why? because she is not as durable as they are. Superman wrapped her in his cape when they split ONE atom, to save her life. He took the chance that he could survive the blast (barely) but was not going to chance it with her. Why? Because she is not as durable as he is. Whereas Blue Marvel survived a nuclear blast, while deliberately flying the Polaris missile away (this is hydrogen bomb, which is way, way, WAY more powerful than the atomic blast of splitting ONE atom). If regular nuclear energy hurts WW, Blue Marvel's anti-matter blasts will end her. New 52 Wonder Woman can not take Blue Marvel, unless he's been retconned too as weaker (like her).

No Caption Provided

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DemonKnights

@dogsoldier88: He wrapped her in his cape AFTER she had already taken the blast point blank. And secondly, that's how an atomic bomb works. 1 atom is split and it causes a chain reaction. It was a nuke. Period.and she took it without dying when she was already extremely weak. I on t care who wins the battle. I'm simply point out what happened in the comic.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BM.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@dogsoldier88:

Blue marvel would not beat two amped kryptonians. An non amped Superman can shake the planet even to the stratosphere with a single punch. Two amped kryptonians stomped Superman and Diana. No way blue marvel could beat them or WonderWoman for that matter

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

I'm going to back Wonder Woman. I think her gear and skills tip it into her favor.

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OkRaider88

@demonknights: No sir, wrapping her up in his cape while simultaneously tanking an atomic (i.e. splitting one atom) blast was a speed feat for Superman. The scans below show that in the instantaneous release of energy he is able to wrap her up in his indestructible cape. Yes we see in one moment the cape on his back, and the next, it is fully wrapped around his beloved. This is the culmination of the sacrificial love narrative the story is telling. And as for the strength of the blast, what Superman caused with Diana's sword was an atomic (fission) blast with very little material. Superman correctly calls it an atomic explosion, as opposed to a thermonuclear (fusion) explosion of the type that Blue Marvel reportedly tanked from an armed Polaris missile (which would have contained a MUCH higher yield than the leftover atoms in an old reactor core).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Don't downplay this scene for the sake of a Battle Forum argument. It takes away from the powerful love story narrative this series is building upon.

@pperspectiveandreality: I say Blue Marvel would beat those two amped Kryptonians because Kryptonians are susceptible to radiation. Without this weakness they wouldn't have powers, as simple solar radiation wouldn't be absorbed by their cells. And it's apparently photo-synthetic in the sense that Superman is weakened when not in direct contact with solar radiation. I like how New 52 has explored that in various issues and used this fact for dramatic purpose even in Superman/Wonder Woman #06. It's their greatest weakness (Red, Green, Blue, and other types of Kryptonite radiation). Blue Marvel is described as a living anti-matter reactor. look up what happens when anti-matter and matter come in contact (spolier: annihilation of both). This makes Blue Marvel's very existence a contradiction, but hell, it's a comic book right? To destroy every particle of a Kryptonian he just has to blast them with their equivalent mass of antimatter. BTW, he can discharge the energy omnidirectionally. Anyway, you can have your opinion, but I think I supported mine pretty well.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BoringPerson

@dogsoldier88: Yes, because Kryptonians are experts in Olympian physiology.

Kryptonians are susceptible to radiation? What does that even mean? Unless BM's been firing off red sun rads or K-rad then he's out of luck. Hell, we know H'El even got new powers from certain cosmic rays that allowed him to grow from a couple disembodied cells to a Herald+ class life form. Not like BM's got cosmic awareness to suddenly know their weaknesses >.<

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@dogsoldier88:

The problem is that your opinion isn't supported by actual feats. Blue marvel has neither the speed, nor strength, nor skill to beat Wonder Woman, much less Clark or amped Zod and Faora. Get me feats proving blue marvel has the skill, speed, and strength to win and I'll concede. The problem is that those feats don't exist because blue marvel hasn't done a single thing superman or Diana couldn't replicate

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue Marvel can take Diana.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dogsoldier88: splitting one atom would not release much measurable energy. Collides do that all the time, the energy is so small, and it takes so much power to make it happen that people have an absurdly naive take on how much power is in an atom.

Blue Marvel wins handily due to better powerset and stats

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DarkRaiden

Blue Marvel wins.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dogsoldier88: wrong. We SEE her take the initial nuke blast in one scene THEN we see a big mushroom cloud that shows how.big.the.nuke.explosion was, THEN we see the blast destroying everything, THEN we see it around superman and wonder woman while hugging and his cape is still on,THEN we see the explosion ha stopped and superman is on the floor and now diana is wrapped.in the cape. DONT TRY TO LIE WHEN WE CAN SEEEEEEEEE THE SCANS.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

Blue Marvel wins this.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue Marvel easily; judging how can casually hold of a team including, Wonder man, Sentry, Ironman etc; and he beat King Hyperion(Not Exiles) with a few punches, puts him easily above Wonder Woman.

Blue Marvel is one of the most underrated characters, he is definitely one of the most powerful Earth heroes.

Wonder Woman's only chance would be to use her lasso of truth, but that will not be a deciding factor.

A more even fight would be Blue Marvel vs Pre-52 Wonder Woman + New-52 Wonder Woman.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scans for bm

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dondave

Diana wraps him up in her lasso and decapitates him

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NukeA6

No one will post Blue Marvel scans. Let me do it.

Blue Marvel lifting a meteor said to be the size of Arkansas
Blue Marvel lifting a meteor said to be the size of Arkansas

No Caption Provided
Marvel punching Sentry off the planet
Marvel punching Sentry off the planet
Here they mention Blue Marvel withstanding a hydrogen bomb at close-range. Wonder Woman needed to be wrapped in Superman's indestructible cape to withstand a nuke.
Here they mention Blue Marvel withstanding a hydrogen bomb at close-range. Wonder Woman needed to be wrapped in Superman's indestructible cape to withstand a nuke.
Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ends in sex

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By OkRaider88

@agent41: You posted "nothing said that he warpped her before the explosion,and WW was very weakened during that nuclear blast so nothing suggests that at full power she couldn't take it,she only gets access to her full powered taking off her bracelets so she was extremely weakened and without her full power(bracelets were still on),and this is also before her new upgrade after becoming god of war,so again nothing suggests new 52 WW can't take a nuclear blast."

Agent41, did you type this w/o reading my post? The scans show them splitting the atom setting off the atomic reaction, the next illustration shows the blast caused by the release of energy, and the next illustration shows that Superman, already crispy fried and seriously injured, STILL had the strength and speed to fully wrap up Wonder Woman in his cape. The next issue shows how messed up Superman is, and how Diana is in MUCH better condition than him because she was wrapped up in his indestructible cape.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

She is still injured and requires medical care in this issue, but Superman did what he did, nearly sacrificing himself, just to make sure the woman he loves survives. In the earlier issue, Diana herself was questioning if they could survive this in issue 6. They got their asses kicked physically - sir, this doesn't reduce the material strength of her durability. Her "power levels" weren't lower. She and Supes just got beaten by temporarily MORE powerful opponents. Blue Marvel, or hell, the Hulk, could tank a blast like this unconscious. In WWH, Ironman warned against nuclear weapons because they'd strengthen the Hulk, not hurt him. You get what I'm saying? This is a test of her durability, akin to her material strength. Look what this explosion did to Superman? As far as her "upgrade" to the god of war, she describes her "upgrade" in Superman/Wonder 007 as well (see my 4th scan). She didn't say "I am now more powerful, etc, etc". Anyhow, Superman Ko'ed the Sun God, and Wonder Woman beat up on Olympians in her pre-war god state. I hope you can see that I'm not arguing against WW because I dislike the character. New 52 WW is one of my favorite DC characters. But I don't experience cognitive dissonance when I see her get hurt, or acknowledge that there are meta humans more powerful than her.

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson: I apologize for not using comic-book logic like "yellow sun light magically enhances Kryptonians"... and nothing else... unless we need a new plot twist so we invent 100 colors of Kryptonite.... or the "magical cosmic rays" that ALSO affected the Kryptonian like He'L. Or the Lantern rings, like the red one Supergirl is sporting. LOL.

You see sunlight is a form of radiation, and Superman's ability to absorb sunlight and produce powers is a photo, light dependent, reaction, that.... oh sh%t, I'm doing it again. I'll stop now.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BoringPerson

@dogsoldier88: Wasn't your logic BM uses radiation, radiation does things to Kryptonians, thus BM can defeat two sun amped Kryptonians.

I guess I'm just that much dumber than you, because that logic seems rather infantile.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman took a nuke at point blank range while being super weak from a fight with super amped kryptonians. She took that blast and then AFTER we see her and Clark taking it, a few scenes LATER, He wraps her in the cape. Point is. She took that blast while severely weakened.

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson: Specifically Anti-Matter radiation, not just any radiation. Your summation of my argument is a straw man. Yes, Kryptonians are susceptible to radiation, nuclear energy, heat, and a host of other things that explain their powers and the injuries that we see on panel. BM discharges anti-matter, I think I touched on what that does. Anti-matter particles only require contact with matter particles to annihilate them (and themselves in the process). If Kryptonians had a force field, or if Wonder Woman had a force field that she could throw up (like Iron man or Dr. Doom), then that would help against BM's energy attack. This is my argument.

xmenhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#48  Edited By xmenhulk

Blue Marvel. The Blue Marvel can withstand a nuclear blast with absolutely NO injury. If you Wonder Woman fans read the recent Superman/Wonder Woman #6, Wonder Woman was seriously injured by an atomic blast (one atom splitting) and required magical medical attention. She only survived because Superman wrapped her up in his alien cape, otherwise, she was going to die. Blue Marvel, besides being invulnerable, has molecular manipulation powers, shoots anti-matter energy (omni-directional blasts - dodge that!), and can even create energy constructs. He's as strong as Sentry or Hulk (The Watcher stated in the Blue Marvel miniseries that he is capable of splitting the moon with one punch), survives space, has a healing factor if you can manage to actually injure him, has the "superman suite" of enhanced senses, thinks/reacts at superhuman speeds, ... you guys get it. This isn't fair to Diana,who is a master-H2H, sword-wielding, flying brick. She can't hurt him, and he can turn her into vapor.

Blue Marvel kills her.