User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hocko1999_VIRUS

Ultron, as depicted in Avengers: Age of Ultron,

No Caption Provided

VS.

No Caption Provided

Wolverine, from Fox's X-Men films and The Wolverine

Rounds:

1. Morals on, neither are bloodlusted, win via non-fatally neutralising the opponent
  2. Morals off, both are bloodlusted, win via death or total incapacitation of the opponent
  3. Bonus Round: Bone-clawed Wolverine vs. two disarmed Ultron sentries

Conditions:

• Physical fight only; Ultron can't use any of his weapons or fly
  • Wolverine has adamantium claws; Ultron is in his vibranium body
  • Neither get prep time, however they have very basic knowledge of their opponent
  • Battle takes place in Blackwater from Red Dead Redemption; they start in the main street about 150 feet (50-ish metres) from each other
_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Logically, Ultron.

Feat wise, Wolverine...

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron says a garbage joke and gets his garbage speaking head cut off cuz he's garbage

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine wins all 3 rounds.

Ultron sucks more than Wolverine.

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron says a garbage joke and gets his garbage speaking head cut off cuz he's garbage

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else? Please?

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nwname  Moderator

Ultron stomps. He was overpowering Thor.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

logan

omnipotence88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron spitestomps he has magnetism

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

Vibranium doesn't mean **** in MCU anymore. It was melted relatively easily and Wanda was able to pull the power core right through Ultron's "indestructible" vibranium shell.

I don't recall Ultron having the physical striking power to take FOX's Wolverine down, that sonofabitch lives through everything, including the Phoenix Force to the face, being cut in half by a samurai sword, and nuclear blasts.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine shreds him.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vibranium doesn't mean **** in MCU anymore. It was melted relatively easily and Wanda was able to pull the power core right through Ultron's "indestructible" vibranium shell.

I don't recall Ultron having the physical striking power to take FOX's Wolverine down, that sonofabitch lives through everything, including the Phoenix Force to the face, being cut in half by a samurai sword, and nuclear blasts.

Now that I think of it, he is durable as shit.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: Melted fairly easily. Are you speaking of when Thor's lightning, Vision's Infinity Stone blast and Iron Man's lol repulsor beam injured him? Heh. That was some output there. Easily. Wow, understatement. You make it sound like a .22 was used when in reality they pulled out the .50.

Ultron takes it. Vibranium is more or less as good as Adamantium. Ultron eventually clocks Wolverine in the head with Thor restraining strength and ko's him.

Unless Ultron's eyes are vulnerable. I could see Logan putting him down with a head shot in that case.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Adamantium>Vibranium. Wolverine rips him apart.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17cb96c7fc
deactivated-57d17cb96c7fc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron stomps

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hocko1999_virus: My logic was general. Obviously Bone Claw loses based on his fight with the past Sentinels in DoFP. Adamantium Wolverine is going down in both rounds unless he can exploit a weakness in Ultron's body.

Vibranium has actually shown itself more durable then Adamantium via feats and Wolverine has a tendency to not do so well with serious head trauma. Ultron should take a majority.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for foster_son168np
Foster_son168np

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron takes rounds 1 and 2 fairly handily. Wolvy doesn't have lightning, an Infinity Stone or Repulsor Blasts, so I fail to see how his adamantium claws (which failed to damage a regular katana) will do anything. Ultron is far stronger and more durable and I can just see him punching Logan repeatedly in the head until he's unconscious.

Wolvy takes Round 3, though.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron stomps. R3 is Wolverine win.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By Fallschirmjager
@risingbean said:

@avatar_of_green: Melted fairly easily. Are you speaking of when Thor's lightning, Vision's Infinity Stone blast and Iron Man's lol repulsor beam injured him? Heh. That was some output there. Easily. Wow, understatement. You make it sound like a .22 was used when in reality they pulled out the .50.

Ultron takes it. Vibranium is more or less as good as Adamantium. Ultron eventually clocks Wolverine in the head with Thor restraining strength and ko's him.

Unless Ultron's eyes are vulnerable. I could see Logan putting him down with a head shot in that case.

Just to put things in respective. Thor's lightnening does not have a regular damge output. The flashier the effects, the more damage it tends to do. And the shot he hit Ultron with was relatively low effects. A simple shot from his hammer (as opposed to a huge charge up, then a lightening storm like In A1 against the Chitauri or even when he hit the Piller in A2)

Vision's Infinity Stone, while having a sexy name, has absolutely no feats of his own beyond maybe damaging a few fodder bots (I can't remember). Even if we use the transitive property with Loki's staff and assume they're equal...he has maybe....car busting power?

And Iron Man's repulses likewise are not that strong. The Chitauri fodder ships is about the best I can remember him taking down with them. Or the drones in IM2. Iron Man's best weapons are his red laser beams for cutting power, or his "tank missile" (lol). Etc. In large, his repulses are largely used as his spam attack for dispatching fodder. They weren't in designed primarily for offensive, instead for flight.

So yes. Despite the fact that 3 attacks hit him, it was relatively easily to damage him given their fairly low intensity as well as the fact that its suppose to be Vibranium. Cap's shield is significantly more durable than Ultron.

I'm not saying Wolverine wins either btw. But you should be able to understand why someone would criticize Ultron's durability.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron should win IMO but I think his character capabilities will prevent that from happening considering what he does when in-character and when against an opponent also these restrictions make it closer.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiokenji said:
@iragexcudder said:

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine.

Ultron was toilet paper soft.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron tanked a lot of hits from the Avengers but Logan has a whole ton of feats fighting all sorts of enemies and tanking all sorts of attacks, so i'm leaning towards him.

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron takes first two rounds

SMGameHHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron takes first two rounds. Not sure about the Bonus Round.

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron sucks, therefore Wolverine!

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron takes rounds 1 and 2 fairly handily. Wolvy doesn't have lightning, an Infinity Stone or Repulsor Blasts, so I fail to see how his adamantium claws (which failed to damage a regular katana) will do anything. Ultron is far stronger and more durable and I can just see him punching Logan repeatedly in the head until he's unconscious.

Wolvy takes Round 3, though.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: I suppose I can understand why somebody would criticize Ultron's durability based on looking at feats without thinking of context but I did what you did and looked at the bigger picture. 1. I take into account what I've seen all three weapons do. As you noted Stark's are the weakest of the bunch. Thor as you said didn't sit back and charge up. So I run with the idea that Vision did most of the heavy lifting, with Thor and Stark falling behind in damage output.

2. As you have said Thor didn't do anything with Cap's shield. The speculation I have is that either Cap's shield is special as it is in the comics (though that has never been stated in the movies.) or Thor just didn't have the output to hurt Vibranium.

3. The Infinity stones don't work one exactly like the next, but we have seen four in play and know they are all high end powered weapons. So while we don't have a ton of feats with the Mind Stone in Vision's hands, we do have showings of other gems disintegrating people and being theoretical planet (or even universe) destroying weapons. I think it's a safe bet to conclude the Infinity Stone was the main reason Ultron (only partially) melted.

So you can say to me, Well we don't have conclusive spelling out proof that the Mind Stone can melt Vibranium so it can't. But to do that we need to conclude that either Thor or Iron Man were hitting well outside of their usual zones or that Captain America's shield is special or that the Vibranium Ultron used to construct Ultron's final body was made up of flawed and impure material. And any of those theories is as speculative as mine.

Thus with Occam's Razor in play, what seems the obvious occurrence is the one I accept. That would be Vibranium being able to tank Thor level hits (because it obviously has) and the Infinity Stones being ridiculously powerful.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron was great in Avengers 2. James Spader ftw

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@copete said:

Ultron sucks, therefore Wolverine!

Avatar image for foster_son168np
Foster_son168np

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Foster_son168np

@fallschirmjager: While the Mind Gem doesn't have many actual feats thus far, Cap did say it could bust a city. Now, of course character statements=/=feats. However, we should bear in mind that the Aether and Orb were explicitly stated (and shown) to be galaxy-busters and planet-busters respectively. Therefore, the Mind Gem having that kind of power would actually be consistent with what we've seen thus far from the MCU Infinity Stones.

You're also completely wrong about Thor's lightning. We've no reason to assume that the lightning Thor used against Ultron was less powerful than the lightning he used against the Leviathans. Lightning is lightning, after all. What seems far more likely is that Thor needed more time to charge up against the Leviathans because he wanted a bigger spread of lightning (multiple beams and forks instead of just one) to fully bottleneck the portal and take out as many Chitauri as possible. Whereas with Ultron, he was only targeting one enemy and didn't need as much lightning.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 WastelandMan  Online

A lot of bias in this thread. Saying Wolverine can beat Ultron is like saying Wolverine can beat Thor.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:

A lot of bias in this thread. Saying Wolverine can beat Ultron is like saying Wolverine can beat Thor.

So.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 WastelandMan  Online
never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:
@never_give_up said:

So.

Thor would of course one-shot Wolverine.

LMAO.

I wasn't serious lol.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron couldn't even take out Cap c:

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By WastelandMan  Online
Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ultron kills the OP then breaks his rules and use all his weapons and flight ability. All Jokes aside Ultron stomps hard.

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron most likely for all rounds.

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hocko1999_virus: Wolverine would have good fight on his hands, but I think he would win

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man: Yeah so. I'm pretty sure if Wolverine can cut Thor he could possibly pull a win. Thor>>>>>Ultron anyways. At least in the MCU.

Kute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Kute

wolverine been knocked out by a treestump and a bullet. probably ultron, although he was pretty shoddily done

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 WastelandMan  Online

@m_man: Yeah so. I'm pretty sure if Wolverine can cut Thor he could possibly pull a win. Thor>>>>>Ultron anyways. At least in the MCU.

Ultron beat down Thor in his Vibranium form.