Avatar image for deactivated-5f81f7f31bf06
deactivated-5f81f7f31bf06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Chief takes both rounds.

I'll admit that the 2nd one isn't quite as easy a win, but he's still physically superior to Ed and I don't really see him getting through Chief's defenses (unless someone wants to suggest Ed could just transmutate the armor, which I doubt immensely).

1st round Chief takes with ease. I don't recall Edward being able to bullet time to a degree where he can completely dodge all of Master Chief's gunfire, so he's bound to catch a bullet to the skull.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ed probably loses round 1.

But he owns round 2.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting fight...

The biggest problem I see happening here is if Elric decides to go to H2H, which admittedly he tends to do in character.

But if he did, it wouldn't end up well for him unless he figured out the composition of MC's suit.

While Elric could probably take a couple of hits without going down, he'd be badly hurt.

However, if he stays at a distance, then he could definitely win this.

Honestly, I'm giving the first round to Chief 7/10, but the second round to Ed 7/10.

The Energy Sword is what I think puts the first Round in MC's favor. But the second Round, Elric should be fast enough to avoid MC for a bit, up until he realizes he needs to win Alchemy to win. And without the Energy Sword (which Elric wouldn't know how to transmute because it's Alien material), MC can't really counter Alchemy.

Jmarshmallow

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stingerrain: Ed was able to transmute a wall to block Cornello's Machine Gun fire, and he did it AFTER Cornello started to fire, so that proves that not only are his reaction speeds fast enough to react to bullets, but his alchemy is pretty much instaneous.

Jmarshmallow

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: It would be super unfair IMO, Ed is arguably low mid-tier without it.

With it? Fuhgeddaboudit.

Jmarshmallow

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edward stomps

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

themongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I takes both rounds without to much difficulty he's fought worst.

Mongoose

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edward stomps

Reasons?

I takes both rounds without to much difficulty he's fought worst.

Mongoose

Who's "I"?

Jmarshmallow

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ed

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Yeah huge fan of FMA but Ed is not in Chief's league. He gets blitzed.

themongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: I meant to put ed but I put I instead don't know why I did that ?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah huge fan of FMA but Ed is not in Chief's league. He gets blitzed.

Obviously Chief is faster, but Ed is fast enough to be able to use some of his alchemy to help him out, get some distance between him and Chief.

If Ed just transmutes the ground to lift him up in the air, specifically in Round 2, and spams alchemic reactions from Chief who's stuck down below, he should be able to win fairly handily.

Jmarshmallow

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DeathHero61

Chief stomps. Faster, stronger and tougher. IIRC his suit weighs a thousand pounds. Chief is supersonic in terms of combat speed,(even with his suit on) that says allot about his stats. Ed is barely on MC's level physically. Alchemy is what plays the ultimate factor, but i think chief will kill him before he Ed thinks of using it in more versatile ways. In character he starts off with close combat.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DeathHero61

And this.

Loading Video...

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By those_eyes
Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chief stomps. Faster, stronger and tougher. IIRC his suit weighs a thousand pounds. Chief is supersonic in terms of combat speed,(even with his suit on) that says allot about his stats. Ed is barely on MC's level physically. Alchemy is what plays the ultimate factor, but i think chief will kill him before he Ed thinks of using it in more versatile ways. In character he starts off with close combat.

While I agree with most of your points, I think Ed is fast enough that he'll be able to dodge at least a couple of MC's hits. He'll realize how overwhelmingly fast he is, and then just use alchemy to transmute the ground so that he propels up in the air. Once up there, he can just use alchemy to do whatever he wants to Chief who would be stuck down there. He could trap him in a dome made of rock, attack him with alchemic constructs, etc.

Obviously this is only for Round 2. I agree that Chief takes Round 1 handily.

Jmarshmallow

Obi_Wan__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chief owns

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By those_eyes
DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61 said:

While I agree with most of your points, I think Ed is fast enough that he'll be able to dodge at least a couple of MC's hits. He'll realize how overwhelmingly fast he is, and then just use alchemy to transmute the ground so that he propels up in the air. Once up there, he can just use alchemy to do whatever he wants to Chief who would be stuck down there. He could trap him in a dome made of rock, attack him with alchemic constructs, etc.

Obviously this is only for Round 2. I agree that Chief takes Round 1 handily.

Jmarshmallow

His armor is way too durable though. Chief will be affected by the impact obviously but we have to take his feats into consideration.

Realize? He won't have time to. If ed is more or less focused on H2H most of the time, then he will likely get taken out before he can do anything fancy with alchemy if not use alchemy at all.

Yeah i am aware of how round 1 would go.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Appzashok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Appzashok

@those_eyes: who is the 1st guy and what are his speciality?

Looking from the pic, he doesn't seem harmful enough to hurt MC

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting fight...

The biggest problem I see happening here is if Elric decides to go to H2H, which admittedly he tends to do in character.

But if he did, it wouldn't end up well for him unless he figured out the composition of MC's suit.

While Elric could probably take a couple of hits without going down, he'd be badly hurt.

However, if he stays at a distance, then he could definitely win this.

Honestly, I'm giving the first round to Chief 7/10, but the second round to Ed 7/10.

The Energy Sword is what I think puts the first Round in MC's favor. But the second Round, Elric should be fast enough to avoid MC for a bit, up until he realizes he needs to win Alchemy to win. And without the Energy Sword (which Elric wouldn't know how to transmute because it's Alien material), MC can't really counter Alchemy.

Jmarshmallow

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee8c9da928
deactivated-5aeee8c9da928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ed both rounds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee811636a0
deactivated-5aeee811636a0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikasaackerman: Hey Mikasa Edward curbstomps master chief and Eren Yaeger you're boyfriend. @those_eyes: Did you start making Fma topics because of me? I made 2 of them so far and I mentioned it to you in both since you are familiar with both of them.

Edward wins both rounds due to alchemy. In the first couple episodes he was getting owned by lan fan but that is to be taken back now that he became faster than Scar and better with alchemy.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unknowzillagod: i made some old ones back in the day but lately since youve been tagging me in fma threads ive started to make some of my own again.

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 Chief

Round 2 Ed

Btw can MC swim? This is taking place on an island so can't Ed just push him off using alchemy and then keep him underwater with walls? Not that would be in character but still

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unknowzillagod: Eren is my adoptive brother not boyfriend. I don't mind if he even looks at me when I don't have clothes on. He is strong, very strong. He can turn titan you know that.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Even taking his feats into consideration, we've got to also consider that, since this is to the death after all, Ed won't be afraid to do some downright nasty things. Things he usually wouldn't do.

Like transmute a hole and bury Chief in it.

Or shoot a dozen rock-spear things at him.

Or even trick MC into the water, then freeze the water using alchemy and freeze MC.

There's a lot of options for Ed here, and they're all assuming that Ed doesn't figure out MC's suit composition and just transmute that.

And Ed is known, even in character, to resort to alchemy when his opponent is too fast, just like he's done with Scar and Wrath. Even Pride.

So all Ed has to do is SURVIVE the first blitz, and he'll immediately resort to alchemy. Considering how much blunt force damage Ed has soaked over the years, I think he'll be able to do it.

And I'm glad we're on the same page about Round 1 then.

Jmarshmallow

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Even taking his feats into consideration, we've got to also consider that, since this is to the death after all, Ed won't be afraid to do some downright nasty things. Things he usually wouldn't do.

Like transmute a hole and bury Chief in it.

Or shoot a dozen rock-spear things at him.

Or even trick MC into the water, then freeze the water using alchemy and freeze MC.

There's a lot of options for Ed here, and they're all assuming that Ed doesn't figure out MC's suit composition and just transmute that.

And Ed is known, even in character, to resort to alchemy when his opponent is too fast, just like he's done with Scar and Wrath. Even Pride.

So all Ed has to do is SURVIVE the first blitz, and he'll immediately resort to alchemy. Considering how much blunt force damage Ed has soaked over the years, I think he'll be able to do it.

And I'm glad we're on the same page about Round 1 then.

Jmarshmallow

Loading Video...

Watch till 1:39

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35 Lunacyde  Moderator

@deathhero61:

So Ed is going to trick a tactical genius that spent his life since age six in an intense combination of physical and mental training. The same guy who single handedly laid waste to an alien army.

So Ed is going to do all these things to someone who AS A CHILD killed full-grown adult marines so fast they didn't know what happened? The guy who then went through painful augmentation procedures, has unbreakable bones, and can move so fast normal human's can't see him without his suit. Then give him a suit that augments his speed, doubles his lifting strength, and multiplies his reflexes by a factor of 5.

Good luck.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: I've seen all Death Battles, and they're very entertaining.

However, if what you're trying to do is inform me of Chief's capabilities, I assure you I am not only aware of them, but one of the biggest Chief fanatics on this site.

So none of what Chief has done, in games or in novels, can counter alchemy if Ed uses it wisely. Which he will, as he is arguably the smartest alchemical mind in the series.

Jmarshmallow

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Shot

Eds alchemy is pretty basic and slow and he tends to go to hand 2 hand which he will be dominated at. Chief is also one of the best marksmen in the haloverse. He isn't going to miss his shot. I'm pretty sure everyone is caught up on master chiefs feats and physicals so i'll leave this out. Also going to add that master chief won a thread FFA. Albert Wesker Vs Alphonse Elric Vs Master chief. (No weapons allowed)

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: Ummm when did i say ed would win sir? Hell why the hell would i post a video of chief if i thought ed would win?

However, if what you're trying to do is inform me of Chief's capabilities, I assure you I am not only aware of them, but one of the biggest Chief fanatics on this site.

So none of what Chief has done, in games or in novels, can counter alchemy if Ed uses it wisely. Which he will, as he is arguably the smartest alchemical mind in the series.

Jmarshmallow

His technological advantage due to his suit gives him more than enough to counter alchemy but not if ed uses it in cheap ways like trying to bury him.

Ed will get taken down before he can use his alchemy in more deadly ways. He would have got killed by scar in their first encounter if it wasn't for al saving him. So the argument that ed will use deadly forms of alchemy as the battle goes on is kinda of flaky.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand why everyone is taking Ed for a slowpoke. He was able to block mini-gun fire after it was shot ( Fight with Father Cornalio ).

He can also use Scars destruction alchemy ( He did it when he was fighting the Slicer Brothers ) to simply disassemble Chief's suit.

I'd say Ed takes both rounds with high difficulty. He can block MCs gunfire and spam attacks that would be able to deal some heavy damage to John. He could also just drop him in the water or pillar himself into the sky and attack.

There's also a possibility of Ed using alchemy on the suit. He was smart enough to figure out what Greeds armor was and disassemble it, so maybe he could do the same to MC.

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: Chiefs materials didn't exist (except for titanium inner layers) in there universe or hasn't been made yet.

Obi_Wan__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: I was just kidding I just said chief owns lol sorry I don't even know who Edward Elric is

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

He might have a smart mind but how many times out of ten does he go for h2h first?

Round 1 i don't see any reason why MC can't win it easily Yes Ed can make pits and walls and such But MC is a hell of a lot faster

and if he has cortona ( like he has in most battles) well lets look at what an AI Fragment can do

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=9425&v=more

follow link and skip to 2:27

Epsilon is not even a full AI Cortona will give MC a immeasurable advantage over Ed all it takes is single bullet to kill ed where as for MC the best Ed can hope for is boxing him in

Round 2 just as bad Ed will fight MC unarmed and he will die very quickly one shot to the head will kill Ed, add into this MC's speed there is no way for Ed to retreat once he is in close combat range

If this was Morals off Ed might have a shot here but Most importantly he can't kill in character so MC wins by default

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: Ed's alchemy is the one that beats master chief. Alchemy only drains Ed's stamina nothing else so if he uses it too much he can tire out. Either way its just enough for him to trap master chief in a huge ball.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikasaackerman:

1. Ed will not start with alchemy he will start with h2h
  2. MC and cortona both have the reactions to react to alchemy ( that ball has to come from some where and MC can doge it )
  3. all it takes is a single hit For Ed to go down where as Ed will have to hit chife repeatedly to even hurt him
  4. Ed can't kill in character there fore he wins 0/10 rounds as the rules state to the death
Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103:

He might have a smart mind but how many times out of ten does he go for h2h first?

Alchemy more often than not, h2h sticks out because it looks silly in comparison with how effective alchemy is. Ed also has morals which don't apply here as it's too the death. so could just bury him under a mountain of stone or steel.

Unless stated otherwise we assume Chiefs armour is made with materials from Earth.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister:

Morals are on unless specified by the OP

and Ed does prefer to fight h2h he uses alchemy when that fails

oh and even if it is made with materails from the earth the composition of the armor is diferant look at when he could not transmute the auto mail from the north

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103:

Morals are on unless specified by the OP

You can also use a bit of common sense and assume that to the death means the same thing.

and Ed does prefer to fight h2h he uses alchemy when that fails

I could find you a greater or equal number or fights where he starts with alchemy for everyone that starts with melee.

oh and even if it is made with materails from the earth the composition of the armor is diferant look at when he could not transmute the auto mail from the north

He could transmute automail from the North as he transmuted his own when he received northern automail, the transmute mistake was when he first assumed that the automail was the same as his original.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solid 8/10!

Round 1 i don't see any reason why MC can't win it easily Yes Ed can make pits and walls and such But MC is a hell of a lot faster

I agree.

and if he has cortona ( like he has in most battles) well lets look at what an AI Fragment can do

I know what AI's can do, but first off he doesn't necessarily have her if we're using current versions.

And second off, Cortana has never been up against a threat like Alchemy before. There's no telling how it would go.

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=9425&v=more

follow link and skip to 2:27

Epsilon is not even a full AI Cortona will give MC a immeasurable advantage over Ed all it takes is single bullet to kill ed where as for MC the best Ed can hope for is boxing him in

If that's Red Vs Blue you just linked me, then I respect you so much as a person. It's probably my favorite online video series.

However, Red Vs. Blue isn't canon to the Halo Universe, and therefore is no indication of how AI's operate.

Round 2 just as bad Ed will fight MC unarmed and he will die very quickly one shot to the head will kill Ed,

I would disagree, Ed has good showings against blunt force.

add into this MC's speed there is no way for Ed to retreat once he is in close combat range

There is, because if this is morals on then Chief won't likely just start blitzing a little kid. However, if this is morals off than Ed won't be in range of Chief in the first place, he'll go straight to alchemy.

If this was Morals off Ed might have a shot here but Most importantly he can't kill in character so MC wins by default

If it's morals off Ed wins handily IMO, if it's morals on than he still stands a solid shot.

His technological advantage due to his suit gives him more than enough to counter alchemy but not if ed uses it in cheap ways like trying to bury him.

Which is what he could, and will, easily do morals off.

Morals on, it probably won't be necessary.

Ed will get taken down before he can use his alchemy in more deadly ways. He would have got killed by scar in their first encounter if it wasn't for al saving him. So the argument that ed will use deadly forms of alchemy as the battle goes on is kinda of flaky.

Scar has alchemy, so Ed knows that anything he transmutes can just be destroyed by Scar.

Chief doesn't have alchemy, so Ed would use that knowledge to his advantage.

Jmarshmallow

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers