Magic user tournament (pick your champion)

• 74 results
Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Blood_guts

Rules are simple.  

pick your favorite magic user whether because he or she is cool or because you think they can beat any other. 

you can take from: 

movies 
video games (even silent protagonists) 
comics 
novels 
anything else i havent thought of aside from manga or anime. 

-feel free to put in pictures 
-if your not sure if what a character does is magic just go ahead and post it and see if it is. what am i gonna do? gnaw on your leg? 
-if someone took your first pick go ahead and pick number two.
-i reserve the right to say no to a character if they are like jesus level if you know what i mean. 
-i also would like to reserve the right to nerf a character that isnt quite overpowered in all aspects but unfair in one or two things. i will however ask you first. 
-weapons and items are kinda touch and go because i consider standard equipment for a video game to be max lvl best junk but if a magic user in marvel once held the cosmic cube i think you can see the problem with that.  again I'll try and nerf the crazy junk and if someone has a problem with someones infinity guantlet then complain a lot and ill do something about it. just make sure you are very annoying about it so i dont forget.

i wont name my own contestant in fear of stealing someone's pick =) 
have fun ppl

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By tron_bonne
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By progenitorigin
Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Blood_guts
@tron_bonne: whosat? 
@progenitor: ouch good pick my sir. that is gonna be hard to beat.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By progenitorigin
@Blood_guts said:
@tron_bonne: whosat? 
@progenitor: ouch good pick my sir. that is gonna be hard to beat.

why thank you, definitely looking forward to it, lol.
GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GhostRider29
@Blood_guts

I chose my obvious favorite. ;) 

Johnny Blaze.
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By whacknasty

@progenitor: He seems pretty awesome. I'm browsing through Wikis, but I'm having a hard time pinpointing his abilities and feats. Any major ones I should look for?

I'll toss in Rand Al' Thor. His page here is a bit barren though...lol.

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Rand_al'Thor

Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Blood_guts
@GhostRider29:  nice lol. however he is immortal is he not? he'll have to be killable for the tournament so is there any sort of milestone for his losing perhaps being koed or broken apart? 

@whacknasty: cant say i've heard of him before. any sort of crazy powers i should know about lol. from what i can tell hes dragon related?
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By progenitorigin
@whacknasty said:

@progenitor: He seems pretty awesome. I'm browsing through Wikis, but I'm having a hard time pinpointing his abilities and feats. Any major ones I should look for?

I'll toss in Rand Al' Thor. His page here is a bit barren though...lol.

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Rand_al'Thor

Jace is impressive, he's basically powerful as hell, and can easily mindrape. 

http://www.wizards.com/magic/multiverse/planeswalkers.aspx?x=mtg/multiverse/planeswalkers/jace
http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/article/Jace_Beleren
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By difficlus
GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GhostRider29
@Blood_guts
He's not immortal. Lol He's just really REALLY hard to kill, and it's almost impossible to kill him if you don't have magic. Magic users could easily kill Ghost Rider. Dr. Fate, for example, can kill him. And Ghost Rider has been knocked out before. By the likes of Deadpool.... I know... Lame.
tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tron_bonne
@Blood_guts: Lina Inverse 

Game screenshot:

Game artwork:

Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Blood_guts
@GhostRider29 said:
@Blood_guts: He's not immortal. Lol He's just really REALLY hard to kill, and it's almost impossible to kill him if you don't have magic. Magic users could easily kill Ghost Rider. Dr. Fate, for example, can kill him. And Ghost Rider has been knocked out before. By the likes of Deadpool.... I know... Lame.
hahhah lol deadpool? that sucks lol. well anyway if he can be killed more or less by being smashed apart its fine. 

@difficlus: so this guy is like an effective captain planet? could his transmutation be used on like say blood? because i can see that being like.....!!!! type stuff lol 

@progenitor: mind rape yes but easily.... also yes but not against other mages i would think?
BataTest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BataTest

In The Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By difficlus

@Blood_guts: oh no the doctor is like classic strange level, he can reverse entropy, turn the sun into a cake and probably eat it, create another universe, stretch out time infinitely, stop time and create new dimensions with a thought.

transmutation is just one of his many many talents.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By progenitorigin
@Blood_guts said:
@GhostRider29 said:
@Blood_guts: He's not immortal. Lol He's just really REALLY hard to kill, and it's almost impossible to kill him if you don't have magic. Magic users could easily kill Ghost Rider. Dr. Fate, for example, can kill him. And Ghost Rider has been knocked out before. By the likes of Deadpool.... I know... Lame.
hahhah lol deadpool? that sucks lol. well anyway if he can be killed more or less by being smashed apart its fine. 

@difficlus: so this guy is like an effective captain planet? could his transmutation be used on like say blood? because i can see that being like.....!!!! type stuff lol 

@progenitor: mind rape yes but easily.... also yes but not against other mages i would think?

It depends, really, I mean he mindwiped himself, a Pyromancer, and even mindraped his own master, I believe, so anyone against him would have to have a very strong psionic defense, because he can still use illusions and gain information as well as mindraping, he still uses blue magic, but the power described within him is almost legendary, so yeah, like you said, beating him is gonna be hard, lol.
Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Greendevil
No Caption Provided

Classic Strange

Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Blood_guts
@difficlus said:

@Blood_guts: oh no the doctor is like classic strange level, he can reverse entropy, turn the sun into a cake and probably eat it, create another universe, stretch out time infinitely, stop time and create new dimensions with a thought.

transmutation is just one of his many many talents.

something about that seems like it needs to be nerfed.... a lot.... 
am i the only one that sees a problem with turning the sun into cake? or an enemy into cake? anyone else seeing this? 

@BataTest said:

In The Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss

this guy looks like such a boss especially his...... instument? what are some of his abilities? 

@tron_bonne: so shes in an anime? of course any anime/manga feats are not aplicable but she is also in a book? so those are ok. 

@progenitor: uuuugh i suppose tp is pretty magicy but nobody likes having their deck turned into their hand....especially if you play green... 

@Greendevil: i hear this doctor guy is quite the strange fellow.....  hopefully he isnt tooo overpowered lol
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By difficlus

@Blood_guts: Most of the time he's getting high off cocaine and isn't in the actual battles. When he's there, he becomes the dues ex machina. Just arrives on the scene and makes everything go away. When he is there he is probably still high and can't use his powers to the full or simply can't bother. really interesting character. you should read him up.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By progenitorigin
@Blood_guts
lol, My deck was blue, my favorite card was The Espionage Agent, a type of sorcerer that could magically disguise himself past any enemy and attack them without them being able to block, I almost wish they'd given him a name, I might have chosen him, lol.
Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Blood_guts
@difficlus said:

@Blood_guts: Most of the time he's getting high off cocaine and isn't in the actual battles. When he's there, he becomes the dues ex machina. Just arrives on the scene and makes everything go away. When he is there he is probably still high and can't use his powers to the full or simply can't bother. really interesting character. you should read him up.

he does sound interesting.........buuuut still some of that concerns me. i dont really see a way of limiting his powers effectively. does he ever fight without ending all humanity? i mean like regular non dues ex machina effectivness. 

@progenitor: blue decks? blue decks!? i laugh at blue decks lol. my decks are and have pretty much always been green. im terrible with any other color lol. 

also just how good is classic strange?
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By progenitorigin
@Blood_guts
Classic Strange is considered one of the most powerful Marvel characters to date, he puts the current Strange to shame, he's hugely powerful.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By difficlus

@Blood_guts: Um he's a good guy, SO what do you end all of humanity. He empathizes with every living being on earth. he doesn't do bad stuff because he would feel the pain too. He has 13 extra senses.

Normally they're facing big time universe threatening stuff so yeah its really impressize. Don't make it sound like he's too recluse, He really is there for many of the issues. He just doesn't use it to full potential due to the low key enemies they face.

I should mention from that scan takes place after he and the authority take of the US government (wildstorm government who have many metahumans helping them) in 6 hours. The doctor grounds all the navy and the entire US ground force and weaponry while at ease. He never does anything strainfully (apart from stopping entropy once but then again he was a little high lol) and he just does everything casually. For example in the US government stint, he turns the soliders who want to fight him into girls with D-cups and teleports others into the houses of generals and secretaries and etc (elite) and gets them all drunk and tells them to retire instead of fighting. Then he turns the US tanks into toy cubes and just talks around while doing it like he's having a field day. lol.

really swell guy.

Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Blood_guts
@difficlus said:

@Blood_guts: Um he's a good guy, SO what do you end all of humanity. He empathizes with every living being on earth. he doesn't do bad stuff because he would feel the pain too. He has 13 extra senses.

Normally they're facing big time universe threatening stuff so yeah its really impressize. Don't make it sound like he's too recluse, He really is there for many of the issues. He just doesn't use it to full potential due to the low key enemies they face.

I should mention from that scan takes place after he and the authority take of the US government (wildstorm government who have many metahumans helping them) in 6 hours. The doctor grounds all the navy and the entire US ground force and weaponry while at ease. He never does anything strainfully (apart from stopping entropy once but then again he was a little high lol) and he just does everything casually. For example in the US government stint, he turns the soliders who want to fight him into girls with D-cups and teleports others into the houses of generals and secretaries and etc (elite) and gets them all drunk and tells them to retire instead of fighting. Then he turns the US tanks into toy cubes and just talks around while doing it like he's having a field day. lol.

really swell guy.

yeah no i get that hes a cool dude but all of his abilities sound like instant wins
Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Phylos

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By difficlus

@Blood_guts: and you don't like that?

Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Blood_guts
@Phylos: ooooooooh sheeeet. i didnt even think of her 

is anyone gonna pick harry potter? i wouldnt dare steal him but im just throwing that out there hahhaha.
KingUranus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KingUranus

Babidi 

Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Blood_guts
@difficlus said:

@Blood_guts: and you don't like that?

well it IS a tournament. it cant be a stomp lol. 

@KingUranus said:

Babidi 

unfortunately thats anime/manga
BataTest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BataTest

@Blood_guts: Kvothe is a boss, fantastic origin story. One of the main reasons I like him, he's got a special kind of confidence. If you get a chance to pick up the book his speech to get into the university is great. The instrument is a lute, he knows a lot of different kinds of magic & science. The big one though, if he knows the true names of things he can control them.

odinswrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By odinswrath

Urza

(wins with prep errday =P)

Avatar image for magneticshockwave
MagneticShockwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why!?????? 

What does that have to do with it!??????? 

Hmmmmm...... I'm thinking here........ 

MAGNETO IS GANDALF!!!!!!

Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Blood_guts
@BataTest: wats the book called? 
@odinswrath: nice more mtg 
@MagneticShockwave: sooooo gandalf?
Montaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Montaq

Black Alice
RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35  Edited By RainEffect
@Blood_guts: No Anime/Manga? NO!!! I was gonna go with my early teenage years crush!
No Caption Provided

Ah well, guess I'll have to settle for one of my all-time favorite villains!

"By all means - try!"
KingUranus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By KingUranus
@RainEffect said:
@Blood_guts: No Anime/Manga? NO!!! I was gonna go with my early teenage years crush!
No Caption Provided

She is such a whore.
demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By demifiend
No Caption Provided
RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By RainEffect
@KingUranus: LOL. I can barely remember CardCaptors. All I remember was the awesome cards.
Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Blood_guts
@Montaq: care to name some powers ive never heard of her 
@RainEffect: THAT guy he was in ffx right? sebastian or something? I HATED him lol. never got far enough to fight him or watever i just remember the one person looking stranger than tidus bein like "hey der beatifull" to yuna and me being like 

@KingUranus: whore? shes like 6. if she (whoever that is) is a whore then that is a very frightening anime lol
Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By eatmore_payless

Just this

Him

No Caption Provided

And Him

No Caption Provided
RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RainEffect
@Blood_guts: Yeah man! Seymour Guado! He was the friggin bomb! He's all like "Lady Yuna, I am teh sexor." and when you fight him, he summons his mother who, incidentally, is the most powerful aeon in the game. 

And that image made me LOL.
BataTest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BataTest

@Blood_guts: It's under the pic. "In the name of the wind." Patrick rothfuss is the author.

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43  Edited By Stompa

Well since difficlus already took Jeroen out of the game i take: the Doctor/ Habib Ben Hassan

No Caption Provided

High level reality manipulators ftw

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By OptimusPalm

i win. 

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By whacknasty

@Blood_guts: It's been a long while since I read any of his stuff, but from what I remember he is a magical Messiah type character that wields a fundamental part of his universe at a legendary level. I guess its was like weaving air/fire/water/spirit and air to make different things happen (channeling I think.) And he is supposed to be the most powerful one ever born...but I'm kinda foggy on the whole thing still... : /

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin Force Thor.
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers