Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 anthp2000  Moderator

@mial42 said:

@anthp2000:

I mean, the out of verse reason is probably something along the lines of "how can we make this fight more dramatic".

It didn't shatter, but pieces did break off, suggesting it hit something.

What I think happened is that it clipped Korra's shoulder and kept going, which would explain both Korra's behavior and the projectile's.

Fair enough I guess.

I'm still not sure. The water whip "shattered" from all angles and all length suggesting that it was just due to the speed with which it was thrown as well as the pressure of the air down there.

It's possible most likely, but that doesn't really give him a speed advantage over her. It's not like he dodged her attacks. If anything, this proved he was a stronger waterbender than Korra is a firebender.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

At the end of the day, Unalaq was able to get his next moves off before Korra could respond. That shows a speed advantage. "Why" is largely immaterial.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 anthp2000  Moderator

@mial42 said:

@anthp2000:

At the end of the day, Unalaq was able to get his next moves off before Korra could respond. That shows a speed advantage. "Why" is largely immaterial.

Because she was hit...

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 anthp2000  Moderator

@mial42 said:

@anthp2000:

Because she couldn't counter in time.

I thought we were talking about the part after the strike.

She did respond. She dodged, but mayeb you're right that a slight part hit her. However, this does not give a combat speed advantage at all snice Unalaq did not dodge any of her attacks either. he just blocked them. Korra for soem reason chose to dodge, which is obviously less effective.

I still don't see that as outspeeding. He obviously outsped Mako, but I don't see how this translates to Korra. Of course I could be wrong.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#56  Edited By Lvenger

@darthfallax:I have given reasons, Ghazan and Ming Hua are more powerful benders and work together as well, if not better than Lin and Suyin. Another reason is that putting pure Earthbenders against Ghazan is like fighting a fire with gasoline. Ghazan will turn any earth they use against him into lava and his lava has ridiculous range and power.

@anthp2000: Lol Ghazan is not a weak link, he's their worst nightmare. Their Earth will be turned to lava just like Bolin's and they can't lavabend to counter it. Plus Ming is a super agile and quick water bender so I see no reason why the fight doesn't go like the first Ming/Ghazan vs Mako and Bolin fight.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 anthp2000  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@anthp2000: Lol Ghazan is not a weak link, he's their worst nightmare. Their Earth will be turned to lava just like Bolin's and they can't lavabend to counter it. Plus Ming is a super agile and quick water bender so I see no reason why the fight doesn't go like the first Ming/Ghazan vs Mako and Bolin fight.

Except Lin and Suyin are mainly metalbenders unlike Bolin who is mainly an earthbender. Ghazan has no speed feats to suggest he can keep up with either of the sisters and their combat/projectile sped. Metal proved more than capable of blocking lava in Zaofu and the sisters have plenty fo it here.

Well, to begin with, Lin and Suyin are 10 times better than Mako and Bolin, esspecially their Book 3 versiosn that are even worse.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@anthp2000: Lin definitely uses Earth a lot in combat and you're overrating the effectiveness of metal. It was burning through the metal sheets and it's not stopping lava that can destroy a wall in Ba Sing Se or bring down an air temple. Ghazan's raw power is more than enough for either sister and he can make lava shruikens to tag Su or Lin.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 anthp2000  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@anthp2000: Lin definitely uses Earth a lot in combat and you're overrating the effectiveness of metal. It was burning through the metal sheets and it's not stopping lava that can destroy a wall in Ba Sing Se or bring down an air temple. Ghazan's raw power is more than enough for either sister and he can make lava shruikens to tag Su or Lin.

When she doesn't have metal and cables. That she does.

Burning through? Really? Because the whole team could take the time to actually make a plan and save Korra while Ghazan was shooting lava at them from behind th sheets the whole time.

Ghazan's lavabending is way too slow to be effective against 2 of the fastest benders we've seen. Good luck tagging such mobile and fast opponents. He doesn't even have any noteworthy accuracy or speed feats. His best speed feat is outspeeding Bolin, which is hardly impressive. Lin could keep up with a horde of equalists, the Lieutenant and later match Tenzin's reaction and movement speed. Suyin could go toe to toe with Kuvira.

Not a single way Ghazan can win against any of them. Ming Hua would defnietely win over them, but it'd be closer.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: I don't see Lin or Su doing well vs Ming at all. She is an awful matchup for earth and metalbenders.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic said:
@anthp2000 said:

@tektonic: I cannot post gifs from mobile. But in order to wrap people up and ragdoll them, Lin circles her cables around the opponent. Unlike the fodder cops Korra faught.

All metalbending police officers do that. In even happens twice in the same episode by the same cops.

Didn't work on Korra because she stop it before it could wrap around.

Korra later learns how to counter cables even after being ensnared. Though this gif doesn't show that completely she does reverse it after.

And we know she can use 4 cables, 2 from each hand. We see it for the first time when she grabs the part of the roof near the hole Korra fell in after her fight with the Lieutenant. When she jumped in to save her.

And? She can just block them all with air or reverse it with metalbending.

Suyin used some metal thingies that she curved in mid air to disable Zaheer's glider when he was trying to capture Korra from Lin in Zaofu.

Ok? Those are so slow and weak Korra who is not on a glider can counter them.

She cannot makes 360° shields on top of a spout to save her from a combo of straightforward and curved attacks

She wouldn't even need to(though she can). Those attacks are far too weak and unlike Lin and Su, Korra can do multiple things on a spout unlike them if they are using cables.

and she does not have a way around any of the sisters' environmental attacks that will send her flying

Korra uses environmental attacks herself. Come to think of it her earth bending feats are better than there's.

and tag her as an easily telegraphed target in mid air. And a tag from either of them is a one shot.

They will never tag her and she is far more maneuverable than they are on spouts.

This is a main reason why I rank the sisters so high. They can have incredible combo that can counter most styles. So can Kuvira but not as efficientlt, it's just not exactly IC for them.

Idk why you find this is impressive but it won't help against Korra. I haven't even touched on what Korra would do offensively.

Oh really? Because when they attacked Korra all they did was throw the cables around in a straight line.

Which is the exact thing Lin does most of the time, which is probably why she loses all of her fights. Kuvira even whipped around her cable against Korra who still easily dodged it.

Prove she can do that on a spout. Because on the ground, she gets launched up in the air.

She's never getting launched up in the air. Her earth is better than there's. She can lift more, she's shown more techniques etc. And she can one hundred percent reverse their cables with metal bending. And her air and fire have the power to break through their metal very easily.

She cannot do it on a spout and she cannot do it in mid-air, which is what she's gonna need here.

Do what?

Weak enough that they will stab her and kill her or at least slow her down enough.

And they will never connect.

Even a shit tier Korra can deflect metal objects that are being spammed at her point blank, which are also farrrr faster and stronger than those sewing needles Suyin threw
Even a shit tier Korra can deflect metal objects that are being spammed at her point blank, which are also farrrr faster and stronger than those sewing needles Suyin threw
Even S1 Korra could dodge dozens of sharp projectiles coming at her
Even S1 Korra could dodge dozens of sharp projectiles coming at her

She cannot block both those and the cables or metal sheets in front of her.

Yeah she can. Korra's air is so extremely effective against Metal, and her AOE and potency are so vast she can quite easily swat it all away or use metalbending is tandem to stop it all.

She can? Since when,

Huh?

Far too weak? You do realise it's not about power?

Well it ain't about speed either.

Korra does use environmental attacks, but that's irrelevant.

No it isn't. You can't claim an immediate environmental attack when they don't even have the power to do that to Korra in the first place.

The sisters can work around them.

Based on nothing.

They have the feats to, Korra doesn't

No they don't. Her earth is better than there's, her metal can challenge there's, add all her other elements and it's an easy win.

and unlike her the sisters are accurate

Korra can beat Kuvira in a metal cockpit, using mostly fire and air, and she is several times more accurate than either sister can dream off.

and fast enough on the draw to snipe her when she is in mid-air.

Korra has far better reflex feats.

Yeah, they will never tag her if they don't want to. But they are way too accurate for her on a consistent basis. She just doesn't have the feats,

Yet she has feats of fighting someone would world's better accuracy feats than they have.

It won't help against Korra? Again. She stays on the ground, she gets launched up in the air

Will never happen since Suyin has barely any earthbending feats, and Lin's come up short.

and sniped. She stays on a spout, she gets tagged by a combo of curved and straightforward attacks. That's just it basically.

A bunch of attacks with zero power or speed to actually hit Korra. Korra has dealt with farr stronger and more competent opponents. That's just it basically.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@tektonic

Look, I'm too tired to go on circles. If you can show me Korra being able to work around 2 fast and precise attacks from 2 different angles (front and behind), go ahead. Otherwise, Korra loses to either of them.

As for the rest, being a better earthbender doesn't help you with getting launched up in the air and either of the sisters are actually above anyone Korra has ever beaten or stalemated.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look, I'm too tired to go on circles. If you can show me Korra being able to work around 2 fast and precise attacks from 2 different angles (front and behind), go ahead. Otherwise, Korra loses to either of them.

Well I've already shown Korra handling multiple fast and precise attacks from opponents like Kuvira. And I've already shown that she can dodge attacks coming from all over the place and she has the necessary defensive power to block incoming attacks regardless of where it's coming from. So Korra can handle them just fine.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 anthp2000  Moderator

@tektonic: Can she dodge attacks from all over the place on a consistent basis against someone as accurate while on a spout? You haven't shown anything like that. I know she can defend against any single stack but what about combinations? Kuvira never used those against her.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic: Can she dodge attacks from all over the place

When have they ever attacked from all over the place to begin with? I asked you to show me that and you just posted gifs of metal darts and cables. Things Korra would have zero issue. At least she has dodged and blocked the fastest attacks in the game.

on a consistent basis

When have Lin or Su done any of that consistently?

against someone as accurate

More accurate than Kuvira? Definitely not.

while on a spout?

Why would she be on one in the first place?

You haven't shown anything like that.

Yeah I have.

I know she can defend against any single stack but what about combinations?

What combinations? What about her own?

Kuvira never used those against her.

Kuvira used many things with much better efficiency than Lin or Su could ever do.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@tektonic: I've said it like 10 times already. Here's what Suyin going all out would do. She'd throw her metal blades at Korra and after that, follow up with her metal sheets that will pin Korra who in the process would be trying to defend against the attacks from behind her.

They haven't because it's not IC for them. But if they do Korra is skrewed which is my argument.

Lin is more accurate than Kuvira. Suyin is not far behind.

If she isn't, she gets sent flying and blitzed in mid-air. And no, despite what you want to believe being a better earthbender does not make you impervious to getting launched up in the air.

No, you haven't.

The combinations I'm talking about 10 posts now. That you seem to be ignoring. The combinations with metal blades and sheets or cables. What are Korra's combinations? Does she have any noteworthy ones to begin with?

Yeah, Kuvira was so smart against Korra that she let her go after she encased her in metal inside the cockpit.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic: I've said it like 10 times already. Here's what Suyin going all out would do. She'd throw her metal blades

And they would get slapped away with an airblast...

at Korra and after that, follow up with her metal sheets that will pin Korra

Eh what? Korra will dodge, slap them away with air, or stonewall them with earth. How fast do these sheets move again?

who in the process would be trying to defend against the attacks from behind her.

Are you implying Korra doesn't know how to dodge and attack even though she has been doing that since S1?

They haven't because it's not IC for them. But if they do Korra is skrewed which is my argument.

If this is out of character than Korra evaporates them with a sandshark sized fireblast. Or blows them all the way back to republic city with a airship sized cyclone. Take your pick.

Lin is more accurate than Kuvira. Suyin is not far behind.

Kuvira's fight with the bandits is far better than anything Lin and certainly Suyin has done.

If she isn't, she gets sent flying and blitzed in mid-air.

They will never be able to send her flying and Korra can fight midair unlike these ladies, who don't move faster than opponents Korra has faced like Dark Spirits, Zaheer, Unalaq, and much more.

And no, despite what you want to believe being a better earthbender does not make you impervious to getting launched up in the air.

So what stops Korra from launching THEM in the air. Something she has quite literally done before.

No Caption Provided

No, you haven't.

Yeah I have.

The combinations I'm talking about 10 posts now. That you seem to be ignoring. The combinations with metal blades and sheets or cables. What are Korra's combinations? Does she have any noteworthy ones to begin with?

Yes the magical combination of weak metal projectiles and very avoidable sheets. How could I forget. How is that even a combo? Never mind that the sisters have never done such a thing, it's also no different from any successive moves, Korra constantly alternates between using multiple elements. You just slapped the word "combo" on it to make it sound impressive.

Yeah, Kuvira was so smart against Korra that she let her go after she encased her in metal inside the cockpit.

About as smart as Korra redirecting Kuvira's liquid metal attack back at her but making it blunt as to not kill her. Or the fact she had to waste a monster opener on taking out Kuvira's men first.