• 67 results
Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Fight takes place in the sewers in Rises.

Keaton has an hour prep

Bane has 20 minutes

Can Bane break this Bat

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Keaton Bats would stomp Bane w/o prep. Giving him prep just makes it an even more hilarious FAIL for Bane.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Carter_esque

Bc Keaton was the best Batman lol. But real talk, he had better overall combat feats than Nolan's Batman imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc70f4ba8f14
deactivated-5fc70f4ba8f14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its kinda hard to imagine how this fight would go down. One universe is cartoonish and the other is realistic.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By renamed040924

Its kinda hard to imagine how this fight would go down. One universe is cartoonish and the other is realistic.

Burton Batman is cartoonish?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc70f4ba8f14
deactivated-5fc70f4ba8f14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Well not cartoonish exactly. Poor choice of wording on my part. But its more....not..realistic? Anyways I think Batman would beat with relative ease.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@nickzambuto: Well not cartoonish exactly. Poor choice of wording on my part. But its more....not..realistic? Anyways I think Batman would beat with relative ease.

Its campy.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Carter_esque
dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keaton's Costume looks horrible

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

lol true!

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#13  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Prep time eh? Well going with that Bats would bring in one of his vehicles and just blow Bane away (because Keaton's Batman is willing to kill). Strictly H2H, Bane stomps him hard. And what is this nonsense of Keaton's Batman having better H2H feats than Bale's Batman? Keaton's Batman is at best Bale Batman's equal in H2H, not his superior.

@dondave: Actually I think it's not too bad looking. Doesn't hold a candle to Bale Batman's spiff armor mind you, but it's a heck of a lot better than Adam West Batman's get-up.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What has fake abs Bats done?

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Nothing Bale's Batman didn't do as far as H2H goes with the exception of fighting Catwoman. I think he did actually win that, but on the flip side Bale's Batman beat Ras al Ghul.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Lol, Bane.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: Now what has fake abs Bats done with prep that is more impressive than Bane's prep?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@shroudofsorrow: Now what has fake abs Bats done with prep that is more impressive than Bane's prep?

I'm going to start calling Keaton fake abs Batman for now on!

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: With prep? Eh, hard to say. The one thing I can think of is that with prep Bats would probably just bring in either the Batmobile or the Batplane and shoot Bane with it's weapons, as he shows repeatedly in the Burton films a willingness to kill (unlike mainstream Batman).

Avatar image for drmantistoboggan
DrMantisToboggan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: this is true however the fight is in the sewers so the vehicles don't apply, I'd say bane wins here keaton never encountered a physical match like bane in a straight throwdown unless you count the guy in the bell tower but he's only a joker thug not a supervillain

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

@dondave said:

Finally someone says it.

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Tough one. Batman knows what he's in for and can prepare, so I guess that would even it out a bit, but I still say bane wins.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By silent_bomber

Batman stomps.

• Bane punched through a concrete & wire mesh pillar.
  • Keaton punches through metal Batmobile armour

• Bane can pick people up with one hand
  • Keaton can throw people several meters with one hand, no effort

• Bane can kick people a couple of foot
  • Keaton can kick people a couple of meters
  • Bane is durable enough to take Baleman's punches,
  • Keaton is durable enough to survive a place crash and be at the center of an explosion and take minor injuries.

• Bane is fast enough to react to Baleman's kicks
  • Keaton is fast enough to bullet time and block a bullet in mid-air after its fired

• Bane is skilled enough to do constant haymakers and some kicks, he barely even blocks
  • Keaton is skilled enough to do punches, kicks, blocks, leg grappling, throws.

Bane is not going to hit Keaton much at all (Keaton can block bullets after they've been fired), if he does by some miracle manage to get hits in it will do nothing, as Keaton's durability is ludicrously high and any punch is going to be nothing in comparison to his plane crash.

Keaton has massively faster reactions than Bane, and does metal-destroying punches.

and that's not even going into gadgets, Keaton's Batarang has inbuilt AI and can fly around hitting people in the face.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keaton's costume is lighter of Bale's.... he can go faster here.. but can get more damage... so maybe he got enough speed with this, that he can avoid bane's moves... but again i am not so sure, about this.

But in Nolan movies, Batman have a problems with knees... or sth with legs... (i am not sure now what that was), which this Batman don't have. One more + :)

In the trophy room in Keaton's first movie we can see Ratcatcher and Kite-man, with that can go that this Batman get some more experience before Joker.... so maybe is he and better of what we know about him.... :)

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yeah, I also forgot

• Bane has a glaring weak-spot right there on his face
  • Keaton has no glaring weak-points to take him down quickly.
CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Yeah, Keaton was one hell of a fighter........

Bane wins without much difficulty.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highku said:

@silent_bomber said:

Oh yeah, I also forgot

Keaton can't turn his neck.

Prove it by showing where this supposed weakness caused him problems in the film.

Real world problems with the suit do not automatically equal problems for the character in the story, at no stage did Keaton Batman complain about not being able to move his neck, at no point did antagonists gain the upper hand on him due to problems moving his neck etc, etc.

You'd might as well say that Baleman could be beaten by anybody, as his suit weighs too much in the real world to fight in.

@highku said:

@silent_bomber said:

Oh yeah, I also forgot

got his plane shot down by a revolver.

Got his plane shot down by Joker's fictional, explosive shell firing gun you mean -

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

@highku said:

@silent_bomber said:

Oh yeah, I also forgot

struggled with one of Joker's no-named goons at the end.

Nice try

1. This fight took place after Batman was in a plane crash, an explosion, and stuck in pile of smouldering, smoking wreckage for multiple minutes, he then limped out and walked up at least 20 flights of stairs before coming face to face with this guy.

2. Joker's body guard has better feats than virtually every character in the Dark Knight Trilogy outside of Bane anyway, at one stage he picks Batman up, lunges forward, and then throws him through the air and through a wooden wall. He does multiple punches, blocks, throws, and holds etc etc.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paulson3lt: Well, to be fair "comics" aren't really realistic lol.

I think Keaton can take him, he just seemed smarter then Bale's Batman as well imo.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Carter_esque

@highku

Keaton's Batman had superior H2H feats than Bale's.

Seen here until the 1:35 mark taking on the Red Triangle Gang, most of whom are armed w/ melee weapons. Skip to the 3:00 mark and you'll see that he has no qualms about killing his opponents; this proves that he's more ruthless than Bale's version, who was always reluctant to kill.

Loading Video...

Skip to 3:30 and you'll see him defend himself against the Joker's henchmen, who armed w/ handguns. At 3:57, he effortlessly blocks and defeats a very acrobatic henchman who's armed w/ what appears to be two katanas.

Loading Video...

I tried to find a higher quality version of this but I couldn't so I apologize for that in advance. This is the church tower fight scene from the first movie. Bats goes up against the Joker's remaining henchmen, one of which gives Bats "tha biz" during most of their fight. He takes a beating but manages to persevere in the end.

Loading Video...

Keep in mind that this all takes place after the Joker shoots down the Batwing. Why this is important? Well bc it basically means that Batman is fighting through the injuries he received from crashing which counts as a durability feat. In contrast, from what I saw the Dark Knight Trilogy, Bale's Bats was rarely ever tested by equals in H2H w/ the exception of Ra's Al Ghul and Bane and even then, the only severe beating that he ever took was from the latter.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By silent_bomber

@highku said:

"Joker's body guard has better feats than virtually every character in the Dark Knight Trilogy outside of Bane anyway"

At this point, you're completely discredited.

Show me characters in the Dark Knight Trilogy who can pick up an armoured man and throw him through the air outside of Bane.

You can't, because you're full of hot air.

None of the cannon fodder come anywhere near that strength, which leaves you with Joker, Two-Face, Scarecrow who were ordinary people.

Ra's - Have you got a feat of him lifting up a human and throwing them?

and Bane, whom I already excluded from the statement anyway.

I've been through those Dark Knight Movies with a fine tooth comb, not only do barely any of the antagonists have anything even remotely comparable to feats, but the cannon fodder in them barely even manage to throw punches at Baleman, they virtually never block, never attempt throws, over and over again they run at Baleman flailing their arms in the air waiting for him to punch them.

No Caption Provided

Here's Baleman doing a "legendary" jump in prison

No Caption Provided

Here's a "no-name goon" in Burton's movie doing a jump that like three times higher over a fence

No Caption Provided

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane has the strength advantage, what with punching through concrete and all, but Keaton Batman pretty much outclasses him in every other aspect of combat.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By silent_bomber
@silverrings said:

Bane has the strength advantage, what with punching through concrete and all.

He doesn't have the strength advantage.

• Keaton Batman punched through the Batmobile
  • Keaton Batman held onto a ledge with one hand and caught and lifted Vicki Vale with the other.
  • Keaton Batman threw a thug through the air with one hand.
  • Keaton Batman lifted two guys each with one hand and smacked them together (arguable)

Bane has no advantages, he is inferior to Keaton Batman in pretty much all aspects.

The only thing he's shown to have over Keaton Batman is awareness, as he grabs Baleman in the dark with ease & Keaton doesn't have a similar feat.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highku said:
@silent_bomber said:
@silverrings said:

• Keaton Batman held onto a ledge with one hand and caught and lifted Vicki Vale with the other.
  • Keaton Batman lifted two guys each with one hand and smacked them together (arguable)

Bane has no advantages, he is inferior to Keaton Batman in pretty much all aspects.

The only thing he's shown to have over Keaton Batman is awareness, as he grabs Baleman in the dark with ease & Keaton doesn't have a similar feat.

Bane doesn't have armor like Batman. He punched through concrete with his barehand. He broke through Batman's mask with his barehand as well. In the plane scene, the plane is completely vertical and he drops only to catch himself with his forearms. You'll probably think that looks easy given your other arguments though. Also, Bale caught Ra's with 1 arm while falling down a cliff after fighting the league and being in a blown up building and caught Ra's who was deadweight and beyond that he's heavier than Vicki. AND he lifted him up. Bane is at least Bale's equal in strength, but most likely stronger. Bane lifted Batman with 1 hand AND walked casually like 6 - 10 steps with him while he was talking and AFTER tanking a bunch of Bale's punches who was going all out.

He literally stomped Bale in that first fight. If you think Keaton making it out of that weak plane crash is impressive then Bale has you doing the Home Alone face. He get's beaten nearly to death, his back broken, taken to a dungeon where he's being malnourished and his mental stability tested and then has to make the jump that only one other person ever made. Then some how get back to civilization AND inside Gotham unnoticed. Then rally everyone up to finally fight Bane, get's stabbed in the side and before he's done he has to find and remove a nuke from the city. I know you love you're 90's Batman, but he's not taking out TDKR Bane.

@highku

Keaton's Batman had superior H2H feats than Bale's.

Seen here until the 1:35 mark taking on the Red Triangle Gang, most of whom are armed w/ melee weapons. Skip to the 3:00 mark and you'll see that he has no qualms about killing his opponents; this proves that he's more ruthless than Bale's version, who was always reluctant to kill.

Loading Video...

Skip to 3:30 and you'll see him defend himself against the Joker's henchmen, who armed w/ handguns. At 3:57, he effortlessly blocks and defeats a very acrobatic henchman who's armed w/ what appears to be two katanas.

Loading Video...

I tried to find a higher quality version of this but I couldn't so I apologize for that in advance. This is the church tower fight scene from the first movie. Bats goes up against the Joker's remaining henchmen, one of which gives Bats "tha biz" during most of their fight. He takes a beating but manages to persevere in the end.

Loading Video...

Keep in mind that this all takes place after the Joker shoots down the Batwing. Why this is important? Well bc it basically means that Batman is fighting through the injuries he received from crashing which counts as a durability feat. In contrast, from what I saw the Dark Knight Trilogy, Bale's Bats was rarely ever tested by equals in H2H w/ the exception of Ra's Al Ghul and Bane and even then, the only severe beating that he ever took was from the latter.

Bale Batman < or = TDKR Bane, Keaton Batman > Bale Batman, so Keaton Batman > TDKR Bane

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By silent_bomber
@highku said:

Bale caught Ra's with 1 arm while falling down a cliff after fighting the league and being in a blown up building and caught Ra's who was deadweight and beyond that he's heavier than Vicki, and he lift him up.

As I just said, Keaton Batman was hanging from a ledge (holding his entire weight with one hand) and caught Vicki Vale in mid-air (one hand is holding two people's entire weight), and lifted her up (one hand lifting someone), he did this with no effort.

Baleman struggled all to hell lifting one person whilst laying down, and he was anchoring and helping with his other hand too.

The scenario you're talking about takes half the effort.

• Baleman struggles to lift someone with one hand.
  • Keaton throws people through the air with one hand effortlessly.
@highku said:
@silent_bomber said:
@silverrings said:

Bane lifted Batman with 1 hand AND walked casually like 6 - 10 steps with him.

Again, I just told you that Keaton has lifted two people at once, one hand for each and slammed them together.

and he was holding the weight of two people on one hand when he caught Vicki Vale anyway.

@highku said:
@silent_bomber said:
@silverrings said:

I know you love you're 90's Batman, but he's not taking out TDKR Bane.

This is very simple Highku, put your money where your mouth is.

• If you think Bane can keep up with Keaton in speed, show evidence of him bullet-timing
  • If you think Bane has the durability to keep up with Keaton, show him tanking an explosion, or equivalent.
  • If you think he hits harder than Keaton, show him punching through metal armour, or equivalent.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highku said:

Bane caught two of Batman's punches with no effort.

Because that's the same in impressiveness as blocking a bullet after its been fired, LOL

why did he struggle with the thug at the end of the first film?

We just explained this to you (and really, it is the plural, two people explained this to you at least), Keaton Batman was weakened by a plane crash, explosion, and walking up over 20 flights of stairs before he got to that fight, you have absolutely no case here.

obviously he wasn't weakened by the plane crash considering he was able to get up the bell and dive at the guy even though he got owned until he finally took advantage of the thug being a complete moron.

Complete nonsense, you can see him fall over twice before he walks up the stairs, and as if you can judge how weakened someone with super strength and super durability is anyway. Just acting like a normal human would indicate he's dropped massively in combat effectiveness.

You're not listening so I'm calling it a day until you post the requested feats.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest, both of them show solid H2H. I wanna go with Bane for a few reasons.

1. As stated above, Keaton has to turn his whole body to turn his head. That would be Damning in a fight.

2. Nolans batman had a cowl that was specifically designed to withstand blunt trauma, making it a protective helmet. This is explained to us in the first movie when they got the first batch which was defective. Bane fought a guy in armor designed to withstand blunt force, and beat him. HE THEN crushed said helmet with repeated punches. This scene is intended to show strength. So basically, most of Banes punches to batmans head were being deflated. Keaton had a chest plate, but zero protection for his head. We see the whole head piece is made up of rubber! This is shown when he rips his own mask off. So Banes punches will be MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE on Keaton.

3. Bane showed an actual fight style. Some MMA with a lot of military influence, very tight fluid movement, very contained and precise. A lot of his parrys and counters flowed right into his offensive. When you watch most of the Keaton fights (and you sift through the goofy stuff) its more; you attack, I block *action stop* then I attack. That's more attributed to the way the film was shot, but that's all we have to go off.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By silent_bomber

So I found the impressive feats of Keaton's you were talking about saving Vicki. Here's Batman catching Vicki from a rested motion and using the swing's momentum to quickly put her BACK on the ledge. Go to the 1:38 mark in the video: (spoiler, not impressive as you try make it sound)

Just holding himself up with one hand pretty much equalizes Baleman's feat, who is only lifting one person's weight in the first place whilst he lays down, catching Vicki and lifting her for however short a period adds a tremendous strain to that.

None of this matters anyway because Keaton Batman throws a guy one-handed, as I've said multiple times now.

Here's Batman struggling to hold up the joker and eventually doesn't have the strength to hold the grip.

He slipped out of his hand, Batman was doubled over the rail just trying to reach him.

Just curious, have you not seen these films since release?

I watched it last month, three times, along with all of the Nolan movies, Batman Returns, and Batman and Robin three times too.

As I already mentioned Baleman is "cheating" in his feat too anyway, he uses his left arm as an anchor with a blade he's stabbed into the ground and rolls his body too whilst lifting with his right arm, he strains with effort.

No Caption Provided

Here's Catwoman lifting a soaking wet man out of water with one hand easily

No Caption Provided

I'm still waiting for your evidence of Bane bullet-timing or having any notable durability feats BTW.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your Bane stats still looks like this BTW

Strength - Punching a hole in a concrete pillar.

Speed - Dodging and blocking ~30% of hits from a guy who's Dr describes as being a physical wreck.

Durability - Tanking punches from someone who's Dr describes as a physical wreck.

So you have anything to supersede the stated feats?

In the end, Bane was treated pretty poorly in the movie in my opinion, his abilities were seriously undermined twice, first with the Bruce Wayne medical examination, and second when Talia turned up as the possible true mastermind of the plot.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Keaton wins. And TDKR was a horrible movie.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman ftw