• Takes place here:
No Caption Provided

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Haven't seen JW3 but based on the first two Rama is way more skilled in H2H. He should win without huge issue.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ProfessorRespect

Rama schools Wick in CQC.

John would win if he had his Fortnite feats tbh

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't seen JW3 but based on the first two Rama is way more skilled in H2H. He should win without huge issue.

John gets insane feats in the third film.

Jack_Hart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having watched chapter 3 I say John wins with high difficulty. He's bigger, longer, stronger, ridiculously tough, and while not as skilled as Rama he's still a skilled fighter and has beaten guys like Rama, while Rama hasn't dealt with someone like John.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based off the first 2 Wick films, Rama beats Wick. Maybe the 3rd film changed that

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wick is more durable (surviving a fall of a fall building/hitting a rail, being hit by a car, fighting after multiple stab wounds and gunshots

Honestly would be a. Good fight though

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wick is more durable (surviving a fall of a fall building/hitting a rail, being hit by a car, fighting after multiple stab wounds and gunshots

Honestly would be a. Good fight though

Who wins?

ComanderMurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rama should win in CQC but as stated above Wick has plot armor to rival Batman. In JW1 he is hit by cars that has little to no effect so often it almost took me out of the movie (almost)

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Thanks the third Wick movie, I say he wins with very high difficulty. Fun fact, he fights two actors who were in the Raid in the climax of the film, and beats them both while heavily injured.

I think Rama may still be the better martial artist, but not by a huge margin, Wick holds him off long enough to get to weapons, and then he finishes the job. Would be an outstanding fight to see though.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

Rama stomps, not even debatable.

You can’t watch any CQC scene from any JW film and compare to say Rama vs that dude at the end of the second film and say John wins with a straight face.

Syntix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rama, two ninjas from Parabellum could’ve killed him if they were going for the kill.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syntix said:

Rama, two ninjas from Parabellum could’ve killed him if they were going for the kill.

To be fair the film acknowledges that John was in pain and exhausted by that point so it's possible he could've performed better if he had not been through an entire gauntlet of assassins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rama stomps, not even debatable.

You can’t watch any CQC scene from any JW film and compare to say Rama vs that dude at the end of the second film and say John wins with a straight face.

Well.... He does fight some very familiar faces in the third film.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 socajunkie  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danieldaripper: That means literally nothing.

Why? Cecip's character in the Raid was practically featless just like his character in JW3. So if both are nearly featless then we can draw from writer intent or in universe standing in which his character in JW3 is better. John took him and Yayan's character at the same time and won despite previously running through a gauntlet of enemies.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Rama without a doubt

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still vote for Rama.

Wick is more durable but in Chapter 3, Wick fights 2 assassins that have a similar fighting style as Rama. They actually beat him twice but out of respect of Wick, allowed him to get back up and fight. Almost like a sparring match. The 3rd brawl Wick beat them of course, but it was interesting to watch.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Supermanforever

Wick would win. this guys are like 1,60. Wick is heavier taller and pretty skilled on his own. With weapons he is tiers above.

Overall wick

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rama couldn't solo Mad Dog in The Raid, and barely beat the Assassin at the end of The Raid 2. John wick beat them at the same damn time. Plus, OP said they were as pictured, and that's the poster for John Wick Chapter 2, which means he doesn't have all the extra injuries he sustained in Chapter 3. Bam. Wick wins. :)

Donnieboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Donnieboy16

Tough to say I know John better than Rama but John doesn't have too many notable hand to hand feats. However, Wick is far more durable and has more endurance so if he gets a weapon he can win. John has proven to be amazing with any weapon he can grab and in 3 he was still capable of many impressively long exchanges with little rest while also suffering the damage he took from 2. If they fought to kill like out of 5 times than Rama would win 2/5.

Edit: okay just saw the raid and I have to say that John would definitely lose in hand to hand.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, I didn't know that same actors = same characters = same feats.

I guess John Wick wins because he must be the same guy from The Matrix. Keanu Reeves played them both, duh.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it is strictly H2H, I think Rama clears. However, if Wick is allowed to Improvise, in any way, he wins 9/10

Tony501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rama

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

@danieldaripper: Yeah no that’s not how it works. Being played by the same actor means nothing and I’m surprised you’re making this reaching argument.

Neo is much more skilled than John Wick who’s much more skilled than Johnny Utah. They’re not on the same level just because they’re all Keanu Reeves. He wasn’t featless...his feat is stalemating Rama for a significant amount of time before losing which is a good feat because Rama would body anyone in the Wickverse H2H. His technical skill and combat speed is far too much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie:

Yeah no that’s not how it works. Being played by the same actor means nothing and I’m surprised you’re making this reaching argument.

Except I never said that is meant anything..... Can you show me where exactly I said that:

Why? Cecip's character in the Raid was practically featless just like his character in JW3. So if both are nearly featless then we can draw from writer intent or in universe standing in which his character in JW3 is better. John took him and Yayan's character at the same time and won despite previously running through a gauntlet of enemies.

I acknowledge that the characters are played by the same actor and that both of the characters are featless anyways. I did however say we should draw from writer intent or in universe standing in which Cecip's character from JW3 is better.

Neo is much more skilled than John Wick whose much more skilled than Johnny Utah. They’re not on the same level just because they’re all Keanu Reeves. He wasn’t featless...his feat is stalemating Rama for a significant amount of time before loosing which is a good feat because Rama would body anyone in the Wickverse H2H. His technical skill and combat speed is far too much.

Holding your own against Rama is good and all but you're the one arguing for Rama.... So in the end Rama still fought someone who was nearly featless except for well fighting Rama. I don't see how Rama's technical skill and combat speed would by too much for Wick. Rama fought a large number of thugs while Wick fought trained assassins who were lesser in numbers but obviously more skilled than the fodder Rama fights.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rama

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Still haven't watched JW3 but Rama would stomp Part 2 John.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

@danieldaripper:

Your first comment to me was how he fights ‘familiar faces’ as if that means something.

Acknowledging they’re played by the same actor again as if that means something.

Based on what exactly is Cecip’s character superior based on writer intent? He 2 v 1s an injured and tired Wick then loses and that’s somehow better than beating Rama in their first fight then stalemating for a while before losing in their second? In universe they’re both Assassins so that argument doesn’t fly, The Assassin from The Raid has better feats.

You do know how character establishment works, right? Is such a silly argument to dismiss that defies logic. If a character matches the protagonist then they’re therefore on a similar level to them as per writer intent. Anyway he beat Rama in their first encounter.

More skilled based on what? Rama fights skilled fodder all the time like hammer girl and baseball bat man, also Mad Dog who is more skilled than anyone Wick fought and the Assassin too who again through beating Rama and stalemating him is better than anyone Wick fought.

So explain in detail why those Wick fought are better than any of the aforementioned characters and no don’t say ‘Because they’re assassins’ that’s weak and laughable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie:

Based on what exactly is Cecip’s character superior based on writer intent? He 2 v 1s an injured and tired Wick then loses and that’s somehow better than beating Rama in their first fight then stalemating for a while before losing in their second? In universe they’re both Assassins so that argument doesn’t fly, The Assassin from The Raid has better feats.

Because in universe he is apart of a ninja assassin organization specifically chosen by the High Table to take out an infamous assassin known worldwide for his skills. Said organization that was seen individually killing off the assassin bodyguards at John's old foster home, they were clearly intended to be much more dangerous than your average assassin of the JW universe. The Assassin from the Raid iirc was the right hand man/personal assassin of a drug lord which is good and all but it doesn't really stack up to his character from JW3.

Him losing a 2v1 against John just goes to show how good John actually is. It's seen as a feat of skill for John based on dialogue. I mean Zero acknowledged this stating how incredible John was for being able to beat his students. He didn't say oh my students are shitty because they lost to a weakened John.

You do know how character establishment works, right? Is such a silly argument to dismiss that defies logic. If a character matches the protagonist then they’re therefore on a similar level to them as per writer intent. Anyway he beat Rama in their first encounter.

I do know how it works. What you're saying is circular logic nonetheless. You're the one arguing for Rama right? You can't just say Rama fought the Assassin so he's impressive but then say the Assassin is impressive cause he fought Rama.... That's no different from me saying Batman is impressive because he fought Bane but then say Bane is impressive for fighting Batman. Explain to how Rama beating the Assassin is impressive that doesn't involve circular logic.

Like what are the Assassin's achievements other than fighting Rama?

More skilled based on what? Rama fights skilled fodder all the time like hammer girl and baseball bat man, also Mad Dog who is more skilled than anyone Wick fought and the Assassin too who again through beating Rama and stalemating him is better than anyone Wick fought.

The Hammer Girl and Baseball Bat Boy is impressive but their individual feats in itself were only ok. He didn't fight Mad Dog alone so it's irrelevant. Again with the circular logic....

So explain in detail why those Wick fought are better than any of the aforementioned characters and no don’t say ‘Because they’re assassins’ that’s weak and laughable.

In universe standing writer intent makes them impressive basically with some feats every once in a while. Again with the Ninja Organization, individually they were seen killing other assassins which goes to show that they were no ordinary assassins. They were disappearing from plain sight and reappearing like nothing, were capable of sending grown men (in the form of John) through glass, slashing bullet-proof glass etc. Zero himself is excommunicado stated by the actor which is no easy life and was seen cutting into the High Table's metal armor.

Wick hold some advantages as well. Wick is taller and heavier than Rama, has more range, has better physicals for the most part. You can say Rama is more skilled and faster but it's not as if he's gonna be dancing around Wick.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People in this thread seem think actors play the same characters in different movie franchises.

Also Rama should win this. But it would be a pretty deeeeecent fight

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 juiceboks  Moderator

John would have to have made a huge jump in skill in the last movie for this not to be a mismatch

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rogueshadow  Moderator

People in this thread seem think actors play the same characters in different movie franchises.

Also Rama should win this. But it would be a pretty deeeeecent fight

Ha. True. Also this.

Dee420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta take wick, hes called the boogeyman for a reason

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5b16d537c03
deactivated-5e5b16d537c03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wick, mostly due to size, reach and skills, but Rama is no slouch and this would be an interesting fight to watch.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

@danieldaripper:

Fair enough on the in-universe points.

Yeah actually I can say that. All he needs is a direct comparison to the main character who already has established feats and showings. Using the Batman/Bane circular logic to try and discredit this line of thinking doesn’t work either. Batman had 2+ films (I assume you’re talking about TDKR) to establish to the audience how good of a fighter he is, so when he loses to Bane we know exactly how skilled the latter is. It’s the same thing with The Assassin, Rama had the first Raid film to establish how expert of a combatant he is so when The Assassin beats him then later stalemates before losing we know how skilled he is. It’s the only feat he needs.

If in Endgame, a random alien martial artist kicks the shit out of Cap, you wouldn’t need to ask ‘What are his other achievements?’ That’s silly, that’s all he needs, direct comparison to the protagonist.

Forgive me if I don’t see Wick’s comparatively insignificant weight and reach advantages as more important than skill and speed. John has a durability edge sure, he should have died multiple times especially at the end when he fell off the roof however endurance is about equal and Rama with his speed and better skill will be landing more hits anyway, he’s technically better in CQC that supplemented with his speed means John isn’t getting a chance to use his Judo which is a fundamental staple in his fighting style that maximises his ability, with that taken away it comes down to punches and kicks which anyone can see Rama is better at if they watch say, any Raid fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-610bd31442771
deactivated-610bd31442771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

could go either way really

my bet is Wick because of size and reach, probably stronger too

Tony501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rama seems more skilled to me

thedemonlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Anyone who's actually been in a physical altercation would know that Rama wins.

Deal with it.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know one thing for certain, Wick is going to take a beating in this fight. His best bet is to use an improvised weapon to get a quick kill. I think Rama beats him 9 times out of 10.

Avatar image for deactivated-63caca60c65d9
deactivated-63caca60c65d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Rama got better fight skill and better stamina, he is a incredible fighter , but John probably got more durability and kill knowledge

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I finally saw Wick3 and it hasn’t changed the fact that Rama would beat his ass

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 socajunkie  Moderator

Yea Rama still clowns him.

Combatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So long as Wick never gets hold of a Weapon, he wins... H2H all the way? Wick is dead

Avatar image for onlyoneempereor
OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Wick stomps.

GrandTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Wick absorbs punishment like nothing. Rama can't put him down. Wick eventually wins

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wick. They’re even in skill but John is faster and more durable