Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hadrelius
caption
caption
This is from the cover of the upcoming Eternals #4.

How would a battle between the two go?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

If Iron Man absolutely had to beat Ikaris..he would.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hadrelius
Vance Astro said:
"If Iron Man absolutely had to beat Ikaris..he would."

Ikaris is pretty powerful. He recently took on Hercules and I believe he fought Thor once (not to say he won), but he's no lite-weight.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:

Ikaris is pretty powerful. He recently took on Hercules and I believe he fought Thor once (not to say he won), but he's no lite-weight."
I know how powerful he is.I also know that Iron Man is the only person who knows where the reality gem is.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hadrelius
Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:

Ikaris is pretty powerful. He recently took on Hercules and I believe he fought Thor once (not to say he won), but he's no lite-weight."
I know how powerful he is.I also know that Iron Man is the only person who knows where the reality gem is."

So you feel he would have to resort to the gem to win?
Hedatary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hedatary
Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:

I know how powerful he is.I also know that Iron Man is the only person who knows where the reality gem is."

So you feel he would have to resort to the gem to win?"
Iron Man uses anything in his disposal to win. The gem is just another tool for him to use. 
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:

Hell yea..Otherwise Ikaris beats him to death.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn
Iron Man wins here if he uses the Reality Gem
zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By zee crusher
Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:

He won't use it. If he did the others would have to take him down.

Besides that Ikaris is like Half his strength and doesn't do to good against people twice his strength. He got beat up by the thing with four arms some time ago. He could win but thats if Ironman doesn't com prepared.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
zee crusher said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:

Besides that Ikaris is like Half his strength and doesn't do to good against people twice his strength. He got beat up by the thing with four arms some time ago. He could win but thats if Ironman doesn't com prepared.
"
The other members of the Illuminati can't stop him.
Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Apparition

ikaris wins.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Apparition said:
"ikaris wins."
Agreed.
zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zee crusher
Vance Astro said:
"zee crusher said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:

"
The other members of the Illuminati can't stop him."
Five gems again one gem......I think its pretty possible they can take him down. If Ironman really wanted to use his gem he would have been smart enough to use it on Hulk. If he wouldn't use it on a threat like Hulk taking down his closets friends and him self there is no way he is going to use it just to save himself. Once he does this the other members might think he will use it again and again.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hadrelius
Hedatary said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:

Iron Man uses anything in his disposal to win. The gem is just another tool for him to use. "
Then they should have had him use it against Thor, cause he got his butt kick!
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
zee crusher said:
"Vance Astro said:
"zee crusher said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:

"
Five gems again one gem......I think its pretty possible they can take him down. If Ironman really wanted to use his gem he would have been smart enough to use it on Hulk. If he wouldn't use it on a threat like Hulk taking down his closets friends and him self there is no way he is going to use it just to save himself. Once he does this the other members might think he will use it again and again."
How are they going to know he's using his gem if only he knows where it is? I wasn't making the case that Iron Man would use the gem to beat Ikaris...I'm saying if he really had to he could.
zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zee crusher
Vance Astro said:
"zee crusher said:
"Vance Astro said:
"zee crusher said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:

"
Five gems again one gem......I think its pretty possible they can take him down. If Ironman really wanted to use his gem he would have been smart enough to use it on Hulk. If he wouldn't use it on a threat like Hulk taking down his closets friends and him self there is no way he is going to use it just to save himself. Once he does this the other members might think he will use it again and again."
How are they going to know he's using his gem if only he knows where it is? I wasn't making the case that Iron Man would use the gem to beat Ikaris...I'm saying if he really had to he could."
Simple fact is if you bend reality some one has gotta notice. You think the others won't see Ironman fighting and Eternal? Chances are its going to happen in a city like most fights.

If Ironman didn't use it to save him from Hulk he won't use it on Ikaris. Its not like Ikaris can turn him into a kree and the same to his armor like Sersi has done. Ironman will have to use  a special suit probably.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
zee crusher said:
"Vance Astro said:
"zee crusher said:
"Vance Astro said:
"zee crusher said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:

"
How are they going to know he's using his gem if only he knows where it is? I wasn't making the case that Iron Man would use the gem to beat Ikaris...I'm saying if he really had to he could."
Simple fact is if you bend reality some one has gotta notice. You think the others won't see Ironman fighting and Eternal? Chances are its going to happen in a city like most fights.

If Ironman didn't use it to save him from Hulk he won't use it on Ikaris. Its not like Ikaris can turn him into a kree and the same to his armor like Sersi has done. Ironman will have to use  a special suit probably."
Did you even read my post?
zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By zee crusher
Vance Astro said:
"zee crusher said:
"Vance Astro said:
"zee crusher said:
"Vance Astro said:
"zee crusher said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:

"

If Ironman didn't use it to save him from Hulk he won't use it on Ikaris. Its not like Ikaris can turn him into a kree and the same to his armor like Sersi has done. Ironman will have to use  a special suit probably."
Did you even read my post?"
No I read your mind and answered it. Thats how I answered your post. So I'm guessing you didn't read mine I shall state it again

He won't use the gem.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

You just proved you didn't read my post.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By zee crusher
Vance Astro said:
"You just proved you didn't read my post."
You didn't read mine. Its okay you tend to do this a lot I've noticed. You don't read many peoples post really.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
zee crusher said:
"Vance Astro said:
You didn't read mine. Its okay you tend to do this a lot I've noticed. You don't read many peoples post really."
I read your post..You keep saying how Iron Man won't use the gem and I already adressed that.It doesn't matter anyway because he would have to leave the battlefield to get it which means he loses.Ikaris wins.Next time read my posts.
zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zee crusher
Vance Astro said:
"zee crusher said:
"Vance Astro said:
You didn't read mine. Its okay you tend to do this a lot I've noticed. You don't read many peoples post really."
I read your post..You keep saying how Iron Man won't use the gem and I already adressed that.It doesn't matter anyway because he would have to leave the battlefield to get it which means he loses.Ikaris wins.Next time read my posts."
You didn't read my post. You said that how would he use it with out the others noticing. Ironman wouldn't be dumb enough to leave the gem under his couch before fighting and try and fly back to bring it in to battle. Thats like him leaving his suit at home. If he really wants to use it he will have found a way to build it into his armor.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
zee crusher said:
"Vance Astro said:
"zee crusher said:
"Vance Astro said:
I read your post..You keep saying how Iron Man won't use the gem and I already adressed that.It doesn't matter anyway because he would have to leave the battlefield to get it which means he loses.Ikaris wins.Next time read my posts."
You didn't read my post. You said that how would he use it with out the others noticing. Ironman wouldn't be dumb enough to leave the gem under his couch before fighting and try and fly back to bring it in to battle. Thats like him leaving his suit at home. If he really wants to use it he will have found a way to build it into his armor."
1.I read you post so stop saying I didn't.
2.Yes,Iron Man would use the gem without the others noticing....how could they? He knows where it is they don't.There isn't something that alerts the Illuminati if someone is using a gem.They found out because damage was being done with it...and it was in the wrong hands.
zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By zee crusher
Vance Astro said:
"zee crusher said:
"Vance Astro said:
"zee crusher said:
"Vance Astro said:
You didn't read my post. You said that how would he use it with out the others noticing. Ironman wouldn't be dumb enough to leave the gem under his couch before fighting and try and fly back to bring it in to battle. Thats like him leaving his suit at home. If he really wants to use it he will have found a way to build it into his armor."
1.I read you post so stop saying I didn't.
2.Yes,Iron Man would use the gem without the others noticing....how could they? He knows where it is they don't.There isn't something that alerts the Illuminati if someone is using a gem.They found out because damage was being done with it...and it was in the wrong hands.
"
1.If you say I didn't read yours but suddenly answered it then why can't I say the same for you?
2. They would notice. Using the reality gem in the middle of a city is like making popcorn at 3am when your family is sleeping. There goin to notice. Do you think this fights gonna happen away from earth? Do you think this fight is going to happen in another dimension? NO its not its going to happen in the middle of the city where all his friends will be able to catch it on youtube and see him pulling out the gem to defeat a foe. You must honestly think this fight will be a small short one where nothing gets destroyed. Ironman will use the gems after he have nothing else left and the city has suffered enough not like how you think superman will blitz every marvel character off of a first attack.
3.If he uses it the villains will now start going after him to get it.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
IKARIS WINS...ALL THIS OTHER STUFF DOESN'T EVEN MATTER.
zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By zee crusher

Pretty much he wins. Hope he isn't dumb enough to just stick to physical strength and blast. Ironman can rechannel blast with his armor like he did to a herald. Ikaris hits to weak.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
zee crusher said:
"Pretty much he wins. Hope he isn't dumb enough to just stick to physical strength and blast. Ironman can rechannel blast with his armor like he did to a herald. Ikaris hits to weak."
Ikaris could own Iron Man with just physical strength.If they are making a big deal out of this for Eternals #4...Iron Man is probably going to do well against him.
zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By zee crusher
Vance Astro said:
"zee crusher said:
"Pretty much he wins. Hope he isn't dumb enough to just stick to physical strength and blast. Ironman can rechannel blast with his armor like he did to a herald. Ikaris hits to weak."
Ikaris could own Iron Man with just physical strength.If they are making a big deal out of this for Eternals #4...Iron Man is probably going to do well against him."
With Physical strength? He lift 40 tons. Ironman lift twice that an then some which is 10 more pound Ironman may not be able to hurt Ikaris or get Ikaris tired anytime soon but Irkaris super strength would have to be at least 75 tons to be a threat. Like Ares who Ironman stated it would take six avengers which was Sentry, wonder man, Ironman himself, wonderman and some others.  Just 40 won't get through his armor.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

You don't have to be as strong as Iron Man to beat him with strrength alone.If Ares could fly...he could be a real threat to Iron Man.Also Ikaris is one of the best fighters in the Marvel U according to the Handbook.He's level 7.BTW...Spider-Man damaged Iron Man's helmet and he was only class 25.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By zee crusher
Vance Astro said:
"You don't have to be as strong as Iron Man to beat him with strrength alone.If Ares could fly...he could be a real threat to Iron Man.Also Ikaris is one of the best fighters in the Marvel U according to the Handbook.He's level 7.BTW...Spider-Man damaged Iron Man's helmet and he was only class 25."
Ares can beat Ironman. In there first encounter Ironman said I know how you are and have already calculated how many of us it would take to take you down. He named the strongest avengers Sentry, wonder man, Ironman himself, and some other. I said he would have to be at least a class 75 because with his good fighting and his skill at 75 he'd be just like ares but capable of flight. Last time he fought some one more then twice his strength and had four arms he got knocked out. Thor had to knocked this purple being out. Yes Spiderman has damaged him at times and other times he has survived this

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I don't think Ares has a chance against Iron Man especially not that he's a Mighty Avenger.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By zee crusher
Vance Astro said:
"I don't think Ares has a chance against Iron Man especially not that he's a Mighty Avenger."
Ares was tearing through those robots controlled by female ultron pretty good. He could stand a chance.
zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By zee crusher

http://aycu08.webshots.com/image/35327/2003343819182792148_rs.jpg

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
zee crusher said:
"Vance Astro said:
"I don't think Ares has a chance against Iron Man especially not that he's a Mighty Avenger."
Ares was tearing through those robots controlled by female ultron pretty good. He could stand a chance."
Those Robots weren't Tony..and also Iron Man collects information on the people he associates with so he can easily take them out if they go rogue.That's how he know how to defeat She-Hulk easily without hurting her.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By King_Saturn
Exactly how strong is Ikaris as an Eternal >
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
King Saturn said:
"Exactly how strong is Ikaris as an Eternal >
"
Class 40.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By King_Saturn
Vance Astro said:
"King Saturn said:
"
Class 40."
Class 40... is quite a bit below what Iron Man has in strength... Ikaris must be able to augment his strength level
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
King Saturn said:
"Vance Astro said:
"King Saturn said:
"
Class 40."
Class 40... is quite a bit below what Iron Man has in strength... Ikaris must be able to augment his strength level"
He can.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By King_Saturn
Vance Astro said:
"King Saturn said:
"Vance Astro said:
"King Saturn said:
"
Class 40."
Class 40... is quite a bit below what Iron Man has in strength... Ikaris must be able to augment his strength level"
He can."
I thought so
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Hadrelius

He has telekinetic powers that he can use to lift objects, along with stamina and optic blasts. I think Iron Man can take him. He's stronger, faster, and have more firepower in my opinion.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By the creator

Iron Man is stronger (100 tonnes vs 40 tonnes) (the 100 tonnes was from the recently published Iron Manual).
Ikaris has the superior endurance (he is after all cosmically powered).
I think that it is slightly easier to hurt Ikaris than Ironman but Ikaris can regenerate damage while Ironman cannot.
Even though it is difficult yo kill an Eternal, you can still KO them with enough force.
Normally I would have said Ikaris is the faster reacting but with the Extremis modifications, I would now say that there is not a lot between them.
Ironman can fly faster (mach 3 or so vs 850 mph).
Ikaris is the better hand to hand fighter thanks to his thousands of years experience.
Although Ikaris can project intense heat (3000 def F) or force (260 lbs per square inch) but these energy projection abilities are pretty poor against those of Ironman, whose repulsors pack more force and whose unibeam can generate much higher temperatures.

The advantages that could turn this battle in favour of Ikaris are his low level psychic abilities, that enable him to scan the superficial thoughts of any mind less adept than his own. Ikaris can also psionically manipulate atoms and molecules so as to transform an object's shape.
Therefore he might be able to read strategies in Ironman's mind and react ahead of time to them.
I am not sure if the forcefield reinforcment in the Ironman armour would stop Ikaris tampering with the armour's structure.

If the armour's forcefield blocks Ikaris's atomic manipulation abilities, then I would be tempted to say Ironman might win because of the force he can deliver.
If the forcefield does not block the atomic control, then it is an easy win for Ikaris.

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Scarlet Thor

Ikaris will win. His psionics are more than reading thoughts as shown in past issues. If Ironman has psionic defences it´s ok.
Ìkaris has also superior firepower as he was seen able to one shot enemies like Blastar who was giving Thor some truble. Ikaris can also teleport although he may not use it since Eternals don´t feel comfortable with this. I would also say that Ikaris` durability is greater since he can regenerate much faster than Ironman can repair his armor. Finally if I`m not mistaken Ikaris can project illusions and forcefields.

lboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By lboy

Iron Man all the way!!!!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Scarlet Thor said:
"

Ikaris will win. His psionics are more than reading thoughts as shown in past issues. If Ironman has psionic defences it´s ok.
Ìkaris has also superior firepower as he was seen able to one shot enemies like Blastar who was giving Thor some truble. Ikaris can also teleport although he may not use it since Eternals don´t feel comfortable with this. I would also say that Ikaris` durability is greater since he can regenerate much faster than Ironman can repair his armor. Finally if I`m not mistaken Ikaris can project illusions and forcefields.

"
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By the creator
Scarlet Thor said:
lboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By lboy

IM telling you its IRON MAN!!!

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Strike3

@zee_crusher:

That's Count Nefaria (Evil Superman type) in that scan though. Ikaris is like 90s Wonder Man, with half the strength. He has a chances vs Iron-Man in earlier armors, but not vs armors like Bleeding Edge/Etremis level > Ikaris firepower.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

im

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers