TheBalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@returnofdabeast said:

Can you get me a scan of this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/bleach/comments/9rwobn/first_half_of_cant_fear_your_own_world_ii_part_15/

Upon hearing that name, Kenpachi looked at Grimmjow with interest, and thought to himself,

"Is he stronger than Nnoitra? Hmmm.. Compared to that dead guy, this one isn't much different in strength... Excellent!"

Like you people purposely turn your brains off when something as simple as this comes up. Kenpachi didn't even know he was surpressing himself for decades, or centuries, he simply thought of his opponents based on the current difference in their power. He got excited that Ichigo took down Ikkaku because he remembered that he didn't hold back against him in their fight. He simply thought of Nnoitra to be an equal so regardless of his power, anyone similar in strength to him is comparable to Nnoitra in his own eyes. He likely even thought Yammy was much weaker based on the difference in their power. He thought that Grimmjow would be a good opponent even after his ridiculous power creeps. Now that I've spelled it out for you, do you see how much power Grimmjow gained?

Note well though, Kenpachi's eyepatch is 10× more powerful than before so if you consider removing it a similar boost as a ressureccion, then his current eyepatch seals 10× more power than an arrancar's sealed state does. Base Grimmjow would be somewhere around Unohana's level. Likely closer to her shikai.

PhantomRant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By PhantomRant

@thebalance said:
He thought that Grimmjow would be a good opponent even after his ridiculous power creeps. Now that I've spelled it out for you, do you see how much power Grimmjow gained?

Yeah, something Zaraki was absolutely wrong about when the novels later drove the point that Zaraki was by far the strongest out of the group. Zaraki massively overestimated Grimmjow's ability like he did with Ichigo initially.

Note well though, Kenpachi's eyepatch is 10× more powerful than before so if you consider removing it a similar boost as a ressureccion, then his current eyepatch seals 10× more power than an arrancar's sealed state does. Base Grimmjow would be somewhere around Unohana's level. Likely closer to her shikai.

And everything said here is wrong. As usual.

Undre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomrant: Gran Rey Cero.

In the wake of Grimmjow’s blow, the power of which was further amplified by mixing in his own blood, the surrounding space began to display distortion once more.

Base grimmjow is now comparable to ginjo

"Woah, that’s awful goddamn flashy.… Looking at the power alone, perhaps it’s an equal match with my Getsuga?”

At Ginjō’s words, an answer came from Kutsuzawa whose physique and garments had returned to their original state unnoticed.

“Hmm, the amount of Reiatsu itself may be higher on his side, but if we take into account speed and the many numbers of difficult moves, then I think you should be capable of adequately dealing with it.”

PhantomRant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undre said:

Gran Rey Cero.

In the wake of Grimmjow’s blow, the power of which was further amplified by mixing in his own blood, the surrounding space began to display distortion once more.

Base grimmjow is now comparable to ginjo

"Woah, that’s awful goddamn flashy.… Looking at the power alone, perhaps it’s an equal match with my Getsuga?”

At Ginjō’s words, an answer came from Kutsuzawa whose physique and garments had returned to their original state unnoticed.

“Hmm, the amount of Reiatsu itself may be higher on his side, but if we take into account speed and the many numbers of difficult moves, then I think you should be capable of adequately dealing with it.”

What are you trying to prove?

Undre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Undre

@phantomrant: Ever since his defeat at the hands of Kurosaki Ichigo, Grimmjow had continuously challenged, beat down, and consumed the likes of hostile Menos Grande and Arrancars for the purpose of carrying out his revenge. Because he had confidence that his Reiatsu had dramatically increased compared to the past, Grimmjow cast a not so subtle cautious eye towards Luppi who had endured the blow that was just dealt with said power.

What im saying is base grimmjow is around ginjos level. Or stronget

PhantomRant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undre said:

Ever since his defeat at the hands of Kurosaki Ichigo, Grimmjow had continuously challenged, beat down, and consumed the likes of hostile Menos Grande and Arrancars for the purpose of carrying out his revenge. Because he had confidence that his Reiatsu had dramatically increased compared to the past, Grimmjow cast a not so subtle cautious eye towards Luppi who had endured the blow that was just dealt with said power.

What im saying is base grimmjow is around ginjos level. Or stronget

Okay, what does that mean relative to R2 Ulquiorra?

Undre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Undre

@phantomrant: id say hes stronger at this point. You want me to link you the translations

TheEmperor95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomrant: what? He legit said that when he nearly killed ichigo

https://www.mangareader.net/bleach/271/20

You can't ignore the fact that he said that. You see the difference between ulquiorra and grimmjow? That's the difference between him and barragan let alone stark. The only thing ulquiorra did that was overly impressive is Lanza. Which isn't difficult to dodge for any of the top 3.

TheBalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebalance said:
He thought that Grimmjow would be a good opponent even after his ridiculous power creeps. Now that I've spelled it out for you, do you see how much power Grimmjow gained?

Yeah, something Zaraki was absolutely wrong about when the novels later drove the point that Zaraki was by far the strongest out of the group. Zaraki massively overestimated Grimmjow's ability like he did with Ichigo initially.

And everything said here is wrong. As usual.

How did the novels drive this point? It is certain that you don't understand or even tried to understand certain concepts so when you say something, please provide a scan of some sort because everything you say is likely a misinterpretation. Just looking at your comment about how Grimmjow being Ginjo's level doesn't instantly amount to power beyond Ulquiorra, I can tell you're quite the noob, and I don't mean noob as in you're new to this, it's just that you go about this with a narrow minded approach. I may not be the best person to comment on the novels, but I certainly wouldn't say you are either. I'm not talking down to you or anything, I certainly would never do that, I'm just saying your words mean nothing without some material next to it because you're understanding is not a reliable source.

PhantomRant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By PhantomRant

@thebalance said:

How did the novels drive this point? It is certain that you don't understand or even tried to understand certain concepts so when you say something, please provide a scan of some sort because everything you say is likely a misinterpretation

Took the words right out of my mouth, and right back at ya.

Lol maybe read the novels and get back to me? i don't need to explain something as basic as Zaraki being the strongest out of the shinigami-arrancar-quincy group in the kogyoku. Anyone who's read the novels properly would know that based on his fight with Hikone, being stated to be only one of 3 people who can handle Hikone, and being stated to be among several who exceeds Tokinada in reiatsu.

We see Zaraki matching Hikone who was reiatsu-crushing everyone in the group including Shunsui and Grimmjow. Grimmjow was never stated to be someone particularly strong, with superior reiatsu to Tokinada, to be among the people who can hold their own against Hikone, and seems to be pretty irrelevant in this arc. So the idea that Grimmjow could give Zaraki a good fight at full potential is nonsense, which is the only reason why anyone think he's above R2 Ulquiorra.

Just looking at your comment about how Grimmjow being Ginjo's level doesn't instantly amount to power beyond Ulquiorra

Correct, it doesn't.

I can tell you're quite the noob, and I don't mean noob as in you're new to this, it's just that you go about this with a narrow minded approach.

You can stop with the condescending projecting now, because you don't have the acumen to back it up. You clearly don't know what you're talking about when it comes to Bleach, as evident from the numerous people who've called out you for your nonsensical math and logical fallacies. Your mindset isn't open-minded either, it's narrow-minded and more importantly, wrong.

@undre said:

id say hes stronger at this point. You want me to link you the translations

You still haven't proven anything. Here's you:

1. Base Grimmjow = Ginjo

2. Released Grimmjow > R2 Ulquiorra

Do you see the flaw here? You haven't established any relationship between Ginjo and Ulquiorra.

what? He legit said that when he nearly killed ichigo

https://www.mangareader.net/bleach/271/20

You can't ignore the fact that he said that. You see the difference between ulquiorra and grimmjow? That's the difference between him and barragan let alone stark. The only thing ulquiorra did that was overly impressive is Lanza. Which isn't difficult to dodge for any of the top 3.

I can tell you missed my post and didn't grasp the context of the scene. Regardless, I think I've successfully defended my position.

TheBalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomrant: I take the L for the most part because I haven't gone too deep in the light novels.

You can stop with the condescending projecting now, because you don't have the acumen to back it up. You clearly don't know what you're talking about when it comes to Bleach, as evident from the numerous people who've called out you for your nonsensical math and logical fallacies. Your mindset isn't open-minded either, it's narrow-minded and more importantly, wrong.

What do you mean I don't know what I'm talking about? I'm not sure if you've noticed but unlike everyone else I explain in great detail why I've made a certain statement. Everyone who's ever called me out said I'm wrong because it seems strange or just looks like nonesense. I've rarely been proven wrong and I always accept it and move on and that was in earlier times when my theories were really whack, but they were whack because I understood enough to know that certain things are not 'meets the eye' and requires closer attention but jumped to conclusions too quickly. The times you're referring to are when people don't even read my entire post and say everything is wrong based off a statement they don't agree with or they just simply mark it off as wrong, not because of the long in-depth explanation but because the point I'm explaining seems weird as a whole. Another thing people don't get is that the ratio of people who simply won't understand a certain mechanic, concept or scenario to those who will understand is expected to be 1000:1 respectively. The series was designed to have somethings very difficult to grasp or really requires open mindedness. Can you not see that multiple people saying I'm wrong without actually proving it is a good sign? I'm at a point where I can tell when the animation studio improvised and a certain material isn't in the manga even without seeing that particular section as based on what I understood, I could tell that a certain statement or action shouldn't have happened. I've never read the Shinigami agent arc to the Lost Agent arc since recently and I only decided to after rewatching the anime again and noticing there were alot of things that went against my understanding and to my expectation, they weren't in the manga.

Well I certainly don't know enough about the novels to oppose you there but I can use the manga and anime to decide who is stronger, and there is absolutely no doubt that Ulquiorra in R2 is weaker than base Grimmjow by far.

I mean Urahara sneak attacked Quilge much like he did to Aizen and still didn't even pierce through him like he did to Aizen, then Grimmjow comes along and cleaves him clean in two and Urahara couldn't even register his approach to him. That's me being generous implying that Kisuke didn't get stronger. Hope you're not going to ask me why Grimmjow being above base Aizen means he could handle R2 Ulquiorra.

That's one way to look at it. Another way is the implication through Ginjo's words that Ichigo's power vastly exceeded his previous power by degrees while he was still holding back in shikai and he tanked said power with mild burns while Aizen's skin broke with a much weaker one. Another way to view it, is by viewing the whole transcendence thing as tiers and through doing that, the sternritters would fall into the second tier with deductions (FKT hog Aizen tier and above) and so would even the gotei when they got murked. Ichigo's soul power consists of a portion of all of them making his power quite above average which in turn makes Grimmjow much more powerful than base Aizen. The other way to view it, is Renji's statement about training to fight Aizen. Whether he really was as powerful or not really doesn't matter because he said Jackie wasn't enough implying that the meaning behind his words is that he's atleast close to being that powerful. Since Ichigo would even be more effective than some captains and Grimmjow roughly scales to him in base, he could honestly be quite higher, then there'd ultimately be no comparison between base Aizen and Base Grimmjow with Grimm being far beyond his strength.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

ActuallyVishnu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Base ulquiorra negs any version of grimmjow.