User Lists: 43

Gorr, the God Butcher

No Caption Provided

vs.

Lori Zechlin, AKA Black Alice

No Caption Provided

--------------------

- 10 minutes prep

- In character (Alice is borderline-bloodlusted as usual)

- Win by death

----------------------

For more of my battles, click here!

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

bump!

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By bigcimmerian

Gorr of course.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@joygirl: Feats for Black Alice? I recall her being able to duplicate the powers of most DC magical based characters. I am however knowledgeable of Gorr and I don't think putting her up against Gorr would be a fair match up for Alice IMO.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK I think Gorr can take this. I mean pretty handily. For the prep time, all he'd need to do would be spawn an army of Black Beserkers. Individually they can give Thor trouble but an army of them was enough to keep King Thor, an Odin Force empowered Thor at bay in Asgard at near defeat because Gorr wanted to make him suffer for 900 years. Or he could make one of those giant Black Leviathans which managed to swallow present day and future Thor and it took King Thor a while to defeat.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Then there's Gorr's feats in combat. He's slaughtered countless gods across the thousands of years, one being a god that could hold black holes in its hand. But enough of statements and onto the bigger feat. Beating 3 different versions of Thor, one of which was a Skyfather who earlier in the fight had blasted him light years away to another planet which he still tanked. Later on, he blocked another of those light year blasts. Not to mention he covered an entire star with his shadow weapon. I doubt Alice can counter the kind of weapons Gorr can conjure that can pierce Thor's durable skin and leave tiny shards cutting away at the skin.

No Caption Provided

So in conclusion, I think Gorr can take this easily

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Is Gorr magical in nature? Also, how would he fare against an unstable Spectre? Because Spectre/Phantom Stranger/Shazam are among the powersets Alice can take... but then they're also put into the body and mind of a hormonal angsty teen goth girl.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@lvenger: Is Gorr magical in nature? Also, how would he fare against an unstable Spectre? Because Spectre/Phantom Stranger/Shazam are among the powersets Alice can take... but then they're also put into the body and mind of a hormonal angsty teen goth girl.

If Black Alice can be as powerful as Spectre then you created mismatch.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Joygirl

@bigcimmerian: She is unstable though and if she doesn't beat Gorr quickly she can lose control of her power. Also considering Gorr's feats I'm not sure I'd consider Spectre that much more powerful than him.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

Yes

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: In that case I did make a mismatch unless Gorr has something else up his sleeve.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@joygirl said:

@bigcimmerian: She is unstable though and if she doesn't beat Gorr quickly she can lose control of her power. Also considering Gorr's feats I'm not sure I'd consider Spectre that much more powerful than him.

Spectre, specially an unbound version, which was the one Black Alice copied should , in all honesty, be a whole different level.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

She can copy Spectre? How long can she manage this for? She'd need to beat Gorr quickly and if she spends too long, this can place the fight in Gorr's favour. I'd have thought Fate would be a more powerful candidate than Shazam. Given that Thor and King Thor got knocked around with ease, copying Shazam isn't going to give Alice too much of a win if she uses the power set of what Billy can do. Gorr's freakishly powerful and with prep can make more minions to assist him.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Joygirl

@lvenger: Depends on her frame of mind. She can hold it for a while but not like days or anything. I'd say an hour tops. And by Shazam I meant the wizard Shazam, not Captain Marvel.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lvenger

@joygirl: Oh right the wizard, my bad. That's another problem with the New 52 giving Shazam to Billy rather than the wizard. Though Shazam is one of the better New 52 works IMO.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr was wayyyyyy above Skyfather level. He stomps.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By renamed040924

@joygirl said:

@nickzambuto: Above Spectre/Phantom Stranger?

He very well might be. Gorr went back in time billions of years and murdered the original God just for lulz, who was responsible for creating the universe.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dondave

He can't really stomp if he doesn't have his powers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@nickzambuto said:

How exactly do Alice's abilities work? Considering Gorr is so vastly above her in raw power, couldn't he conceivably resist or something?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Saren

@joygirl said:

He very well might be. Gorr went back in time billions of years and murdered the original God just for lulz, who was responsible for creating the universe.

What are you talking about? He did no such thing. Are you seriously claiming Gorr killed TOAA or Sise-Neg, depending on which continuity you prefer?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

He wasn't the original god who created the universe, Gorr killed a baby elder god

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Spectre is vastly above her power too and she drained him in a couple seconds.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dondave

@nickzambuto said:

@dondave said:

@nickzambuto said:

How exactly do Alice's abilities work? Considering Gorr is so vastly above her in raw power, couldn't he conceivably resist or something?

She steals people powers, if she went up against Gorr he'd lose all his abilities and be an ordinary alien

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: She steals MAGIC. If his powers are cosmic or meta or mutant or whatever she can't drain him. If he's magic she does.

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: what the shit is with all the overpowered power stealers in dc

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bigcimmerian

@dondave said:

@nickzambuto said:

@dondave said:

@nickzambuto said:

She steals people powers, if she wen t up against Gorr he'd lose all his abilities and be an ordinary alien

So she can sneak up on Galactus and sucks him dry?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@dondave: She steals MAGIC. If his powers are cosmic or meta or mutant or whatever she can't drain him. If he's magic she does.

His powers are from magic, he absorbed the power from a god

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By bigcimmerian

@dondave said:

@joygirl said:

Who is probably cosmic in nature.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

@joygirl said:

What are you talking about? He did no such thing. Are you seriously claiming Gorr killed TOAA or Sise-Neg, depending on which continuity you prefer?

No not that God! I'm talking about issue 5, the original Elder God that created the universe from his tears.

@dondave said:

@nickzambuto said:

@joygirl said:

He wasn't the original god who created the universe, Gorr killed a baby elder god

TOAA created the whole omniverse. The blue thing was said to have originated our specific universe though.

@dondave said:

@joygirl said:

That brings of the question of whether Gods are "magic".

Doctor Strange uses magic, I don't think Odin and Thor use the same thing.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane said:

@nickzambuto said:

@joygirl said:

No not that God! I'm talking about issue 5, the original Elder God that created the universe from his tears.

Gorr only said that's how he was told the universe was created but found that it wasn't so

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@nickzambuto said:

@citizenbane said:

@nickzambuto said:

@joygirl said:

Gorr only said that's how he was told the universe was created but found that it wasn't so

Forgive me if I gave some misinformation as I'm still in the middle of the God Bomb arc, but are you saying the blue elder god didn't actually create the universe like issue 5 states it did?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@nickzambuto said:

@citizenbane said:

@nickzambuto said:

@joygirl said:

Forgive me if I gave some misinformation as I'm still in the middle of the God Bomb arc, but are you saying the blue elder god didn't actually create the universe like issue 5 states it did?

Yeah, he didn't create it, the blue guy is just the off spring off an elder god

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#34  Edited By Saren

@citizenbane said:

@nickzambuto said:

@joygirl said:

@dondave said:

@nickzambuto said:

@joygirl said:

TOAA created the whole omniverse. The blue thing was said to have originated our specific universe though.

........Gorr literally states that it was just what his people believed to be the origin of the universe, and when he went back in time to investigate, he found out it wasn't true. The 616 universe was created by Sise-Neg, not any Elder God.

That brings of the question of whether Gods are "magic".

Doctor Strange uses magic, I don't think Odin and Thor use the same thing.

Thor and Odin have always used magic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Possibly Alice.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Wait so your argument now is that Alice can drain Gorr's powers if they're magically based? Has she drained higher tier characters of their magic? I mean Gorr's power comes from some ancient weapon called the Necrosword which was supposed to be wielded by a god to kill another god and coincidentally it kills its host if a god wears it. I'm not certain if the Necro Sword quantifies as magic per se.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Not so much "my argument" as an option. And yes, she has drained Wonder Woman, Zatanna, Alan Scott, Phantom Stranger, unbound Spectre, Etrigan, Black Adam, etc. etc. etc. She has shown no upper limit.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By dondave

@joygirl said:

@lvenger: Not so much "my argument" as an option. And yes, she has drained Wonder Woman, Zatanna, Alan Scott, Phantom Stranger, unbound Spectre, Etrigan, Black Adam, etc. etc. etc. She has shown no upper limit.

And Dr Fate

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: So she's drained Spectre before? OK that's interesting to hear. I mean, the type of characters Thor encounters do come way under the magic radar so it's not out of the question Gorr's divine weapon is a magic that could be absorbed. It won't kill Alice either since she isn't a god.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Joygirl

@dondave: He falls under "etc.". ^_^ @lvenger: Well, let's assume she can't drain him, and he doesn't get the easy win on her because she isn't a god. Can she beat him anyway with anyone in her hormonal, bloodlusted arsenal?

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl:

One clarification, Gorr killed the original "corporeal" god (basically the first god in flesh form) and while it was a baby... It was immensely powerful but as aware of what was going as a baby would have been ....

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

@joygirl:

Gorr killed the original corporeal god (basically the first god in flesh form) while it was a baby...

It wasn't the first god, it was the offspring of an elder god

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with Black Alice. I'm thinking anything that is not currently explained as scientific is magic. She can take his powers leaving him helpless. BA wins

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want to say that you make the most interesting battles.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@drgnx said:

@joygirl:

Gorr killed the original corporeal god (basically the first god in flesh form) while it was a baby...

It wasn't the first god, it was the offspring of an elder god

I know it wasn't the first god, I thought it was the first god in flesh form or something, since Gorr was told it was the first God and it still had parents, but it doesn't reference or clarify the significance of that so forget that, I guess, ... I just didn't think it was much of a feat to kill a baby god regardless.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: So we're discarding the ability for Alice to drain Gorr of his Necrosword weapon? Without that option, I'm not sure she can take a majority. If she manages to control someone's powers like the Spectre or Phantom Stranger long enough, she might be able to beat him. But you said that takes an immense strain on her. By contrast, Gorr uses far less strain when utilising his powers and can generate an army of Black Beserkers to keep Alice at bay whilst he moves in to finish her off. And given that the guy owned 3 Thors at the same time, one of which was a Skyfather, I have to admit I'm unlikely to side with Alice winning if she can't drain Gorr of his power. Gorr has too many options on the table for winning that Alice doesn't have.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chrrrrr

Avatar image for borisxthexblade
borisxthexblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By borisxthexblade

Total gorr. He enslaved and slayed whole pantheons Plus ya know... the whole 3 thors thing...Hes got this for sure