Goku vs Silver Surfer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NeonGameWave
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Both are at full power

No prep

Winner by Death/K.O/Surrender

Who wins?

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By sync1

@NeonGameWave said:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for redlanternsuperman
RedLanternSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inb4 this turns into a "omg stompzzz"

Seriously wait for people who actually know Goku to debate. Impossibru, NickZ, and Mortein are all away so this thread is going to fill up quickly with "LOL STOMP" fever.

Avatar image for pokemondefender
PokemonDefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PokemonDefender

@NeonGameWave said:

No Caption Provided

Both are at full power

No prep

Who wins?

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By beautifulrevery

Is Silver Surfer able to siphon off chi like he can with most other forms of energy? If so then he takes it. Also he can probably transmute Goku into something(candy for example) however Goku does have the power to put Surfer down with Chi Blasts and the such(kamehamehax10 and whatnot). I give it 6/10 in Surfer's favor due to versatility. I'll check back in a little bit for other opinions and to expand upon my argument.

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dark Cloud™

Goku does not win here. Poor monkey man.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CODYSF
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for redlanternsuperman
RedLanternSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Sigh" now I want the ban to be put on, but captioned under. "It was not the DBZ fans fault, the immature populous of the Vine killed these types of battles"

Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

Well I'm going with Silver Surfer, physically stronger, is faster and his energy manipulation should also be better ( maybe not in pure power but definetly in versatility.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NeonGameWave

@RedLanternSuperman: Relax. Goku does stand at chance especially when at full power and potential.

SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SexualLobster

Silver Surfer 8/10

that's being generous to Goku.

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sethlol

The Silver Surfer can casually solo the DBZ verse with ease.

Mismatch..again.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By minigunman123

@RedLanternSuperman said:

Seriously wait for people who actually know Goku to debate. Impossibru, NickZ, and Mortein are all away so this thread is going to fill up quickly with "LOL STOMP" fever.

I'm actually one of the more knowledgable people from DBZ, on this site, but until now that knowledge never payed off; now that we have these battles though...

@beautifulrevery said:

Is Silver Surfer able to siphon off chi like he can with most other forms of energy? If so then he takes it. Also he can probably transmute Goku into something(candy for example) however Goku does have the power to put Surfer down with Chi Blasts and the such(kamehamehax10 and whatnot). I give it 6/10 in Surfer's favor due to versatility. I'll check back in a little bit for other opinions and to expand upon my argument.

Goku actually has so much energy he fed Yakon energy from his super saiyan form until Yakon literally exploded from so much energy. Silver Surfer might have a limit to this ability, and if he does, Goku could very well be the one to reach said limit.

@TheMightyAvenger said:

Well I'm going with Silver Surfer, physically stronger, is faster and his energy manipulation should also be better ( maybe not in pure power but definetly in versatility.

Physically stronger?

This is something a lot of people get tripped up on, is "just how tough/strong is Goku, physically?".

Deflecting energy attacks actually doesn't help his case, we have to look solely at his physical feats.

In regards to that, before he became Super Saiyan, which multiplies his power output (including strength, at least to some degree,) by 50 times, he tanked being crushed by a mountain that was telekinetically thrown by Frieza. I don't have scans because I don't own the manga, I watched the anime, but most of the anime is directly (and I mean directly) derived from the manga, with the sole exception of certain filler arcs such as the tournament in Otherworld. Basically, this is a canon instance.

Goku's power increases dramatically throughout the series as well, even with the Super Saiyan transformation already having boosted his initial power from that feat by 50x. It's very possible his power level is in the billions, but we don't really know.

Another physical feat is that he physically bested, over and over, Frieza, a planet-busting character, who also tanked:

• Being cut in half
  • Having a planet explode in his face.

Frieza is then cut in half by a sword from another Super Saiyan (named Trunks), effortlessly. Trunks tries the same techniques on Goku, and the result is that Goku stops every single strike effortlessly... With one finger. The mighty finger of Goku, by that point, had become so vastly powerful, it was physically more durable, and stronger than, the mighty planet-busting/planet-tanking Frieza.

And that's not even halfway through the series, and that's also using an inefficient form of the first of three super saiyan forms.

Goku is ridiculously durable and strong.

Another feat detailing strength rather than durability, is that Goku actually destroys mountains, or even entire mountain ranges, with his punches, quite regularly. It's the bread and butter of DBZ in fact, mountains get crushed in every battle, by blasts, impacts, and especially, punches that miss their target. The only reason that he doesn't destroy much larger objects, most likely, is because they tried to use a tiny amount of physics in the show, and decided that a single punch, no matter how powerful, would destroy a planet; it'd just go through the ground and you'd get stuck there. Goku beating up Frieza, and even Cell (who had the powers and strengths of Frieza, Goku, Vegeta, and others) or the limitless Majin Buu (to a near stalemate in both cases) are more accurate descriptions of just what kind of physical firepower he brings in.

The logic follows like this:

• Person tanks a planet blowing up in their face.
  • Person tanks planet-destroying attacks that are thrown in their face.
  • Person gets destroyed by a guy who punches them.

The implication here isn't that Goku can destroy a planet with his punches, it's that his punches are more powerful than planet destroying explosions. This sort of logic can be applied throughout DBZ, to figure out roughly who is more powerful than whom.

As far as energy blasts, you are probably right, unless Silver Surfer can tank energy blasts that are capable of destroying planets such as Earth or Namek several times over.

HOWEVER...

If Silver Surfer can manipulate reality (e.g. stop time, and then do something like spread Goku's molecules out across the universe, effectively erasing him from existence), I don't believe Goku would have a defense against that. Vegito is shown to have defenses and counters to those techniques, to an extent, but I don't believe Goku is ever shown to have those abilities on his own.

I'd say that, if Silver Surfer is a high level reality manipulator, and can react at light speeds, he should be able to win. Anything less, Goku can probably take it due to his speed and instant transmission, and incredible firepower. It's similar to how Thor has hurt Galactus with his hammer; power so large, it defies reality.

@SexualLobster said:

Silver Surfer 8/10

Probably. I think Silver Surfer is a high level reality manipulator and has insane reaction/movement speeds, so he'd probably take this. If he doesn't have those abilities though, he could lose, because Goku has the pure firepower and durability of a god.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NeonGameWave

@Sethlol: Not happening.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Simon_the_digger

@Sethlol said:

Mismatch..again.

Avatar image for speedforcespider
SpeedForceSpider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SpeedForceSpider

@Ferdelance said:

@Sethlol said:

Mismatch..again.

solesamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By solesamurai

@Sethlol said:

Mismatch..again.

Not true at all. Go actually look at some dbz feats and get off marvels junk for a sec and you would realize a good deal of dbz chars are ridiculous.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SSJLozza

WOW if you had have used any Goku below SSJ3 I would have said possibly SS, however Goku SSJ4 as you have there is horrible overkill. He's at least several times ftl and a myriad stronger and more skilled than SS.

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xeon1cs

Sorry, but what exactly is stopping Silver Surfer from forcing Goku into the Astral Plane and instantly destroying him? Or just opening up a black hole inside of him or something to that effect?

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SSJLozza

@xeon1cs:

Because Goku is far too fast at SSJ4 for even SS to react.

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xeon1cs

@SSJLozza: Based on what? Let me guess, powerscaling?

nU_Kovak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nU_Kovak

@xeon1cs said:

@SSJLozza: Based on what? Let me guess, powerscaling?

Based on der power levels!!!!

----------

I'd say Surfer could take this.

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DocFatalis

Those battles should not exist. Those universes are way to different from one an other in every way.

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xeon1cs

@nU_Kovak: Sounds about right.

Pretty much the only way for Norrin to lose, is if you blatantly ignore his entire powerset.

nU_Kovak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nU_Kovak

@xeon1cs: Yeah! Goku wins cause he is teh bestest and he can destroy planets!

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sylvain

i'm tired of Goku threads srsly.....Oh its also an mismatch.

RumbleMan_Exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RumbleMan_Exe

SS

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By laflux

@minigunman123 said:

I'm actually one of the more knowledgable people from DBZ, on this site, but until now that knowledge never payed off; now that we have these battles though...

@beautifulrevery said:

Goku actually has so much energy he fed Yakon energy from his super saiyan form until Yakon literally exploded from so much energy. Silver Surfer might have a limit to this ability, and if he does, Goku could very well be the one to reach said limit.

@TheMightyAvenger said:

Physically stronger?

This is something a lot of people get tripped up on, is "just how tough/strong is Goku, physically?".

Deflecting energy attacks actually doesn't help his case, we have to look solely at his physical feats.

In regards to that, before he became Super Saiyan, which multiplies his power output (including strength, at least to some degree,) by 50 times, he tanked being crushed by a mountain that was telekinetically thrown by Frieza. I don't have scans because I don't own the manga, I watched the anime, but most of the anime is directly (and I mean directly) derived from the manga, with the sole exception of certain filler arcs such as the tournament in Otherworld. Basically, this is a canon instance.

Goku's power increases dramatically throughout the series as well, even with the Super Saiyan transformation already having boosted his initial power from that feat by 50x. It's very possible his power level is in the billions, but we don't really know.

Another physical feat is that he physically bested, over and over, Frieza, a planet-busting character, who also tanked:

• Being cut in half
  • Having a planet explode in his face.

Frieza is then cut in half by a sword from another Super Saiyan (named Trunks), effortlessly. Trunks tries the same techniques on Goku, and the result is that Goku stops every single strike effortlessly... With one finger. The mighty finger of Goku, by that point, had become so vastly powerful, it was physically more durable, and stronger than, the mighty planet-busting/planet-tanking Frieza.

And that's not even halfway through the series, and that's also using an inefficient form of the first of three super saiyan forms.

Goku is ridiculously durable and strong.

Another feat detailing strength rather than durability, is that Goku actually destroys mountains, or even entire mountain ranges, with his punches, quite regularly. It's the bread and butter of DBZ in fact, mountains get crushed in every battle, by blasts, impacts, and especially, punches that miss their target. The only reason that he doesn't destroy much larger objects, most likely, is because they tried to use a tiny amount of physics in the show, and decided that a single punch, no matter how powerful, would destroy a planet; it'd just go through the ground and you'd get stuck there. Goku beating up Frieza, and even Cell (who had the powers and strengths of Frieza, Goku, Vegeta, and others) or the limitless Majin Buu (to a near stalemate in both cases) are more accurate descriptions of just what kind of physical firepower he brings in.

The logic follows like this:

• Person tanks a planet blowing up in their face.
  • Person tanks planet-destroying attacks that are thrown in their face.
  • Person gets destroyed by a guy who punches them.

The implication here isn't that Goku can destroy a planet with his punches, it's that his punches are more powerful than planet destroying explosions. This sort of logic can be applied throughout DBZ, to figure out roughly who is more powerful than whom.

As far as energy blasts, you are probably right, unless Silver Surfer can tank energy blasts that are capable of destroying planets such as Earth or Namek several times over.

HOWEVER...

If Silver Surfer can manipulate reality (e.g. stop time, and then do something like spread Goku's molecules out across the universe, effectively erasing him from existence), I don't believe Goku would have a defense against that. Vegito is shown to have defenses and counters to those techniques, to an extent, but I don't believe Goku is ever shown to have those abilities on his own.

I'd say that, if Silver Surfer is a high level reality manipulator, and can react at light speeds, he should be able to win. Anything less, Goku can probably take it due to his speed and instant transmission, and incredible firepower. It's similar to how Thor has hurt Galactus with his hammer; power so large, it defies reality.

@SexualLobster said:

Silver Surfer 8/10

Probably. I think Silver Surfer is a high level reality manipulator and has insane reaction/movement speeds, so he'd probably take this. If he doesn't have those abilities though, he could lose, because Goku has the pure firepower and durability of a god.

You know its statements like this which justify the lift on the ban. Personally I find it ironic that people derailing these thread are comic fans, not DBZ experts. Personally, I think the chance to learn about these characters is really cool. For this, you get a follow.

monarch_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By monarch_prime

@Sethlol said:

Mismatch..again.

solesamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By solesamurai

It is literally amazing how ignorant a great deal of comic fans are on this site. This ban will be put back in place and it will be YOUR FAULTS not dbz fans.

Strman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Strman123

@minigunman123: I purely love how much you are able to admit that Goku would lose too Silver Surfer it's just amazing I don't really know too much about Goku but I've been arguing with my friend about Goku vs Silver Surfer for a while now and I can finally show him why Silver Surfer would win from a Goku lover's perspective.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BlackWind

SS turns him into a chair.

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Vouile

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@Ferdelance said:

@Sethlol said:

Mismatch..again.

Stomp/mismatch/spite in favor of Silver Surfer.

Vouile

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By renamed040924

I'm here.

Silver Surfer stomps.

lol

Hate to say, but I'm pretty sure the herald can siphon away all of Goku's ki, like he does with Hulk's gamma energy, etc. Without ki, Goku is lower class 100 at best, and can't fly.

Avatar image for mypasswordis1234
mypasswordis1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mypasswordis1234

@xeon1cs said:

Sorry, but what exactly is stopping Silver Surfer from forcing Goku into the Astral Plane and instantly destroying him? Or just opening up a black hole inside of him or something to that effect?

When did he opened a black hole in someone? I doubt it happens a lot. Anyway a quick series of punch would stop him, like Thanos did with him. And Thanos no near physically as strong as any Z fighter.

With the matter manipulation SS could win against an SSJ3, but the 4 is ignored a wish from Shenron, so...

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By buttersdaman000
@laflux:  
DBZ experts? Says who? 

But anyways, The Silver Surfer wins. At SSJ4 he should be considerably stronger and faster than SS but he still has no TP defense. Once he realizes that he can't compete physically, SS simply takes Goku to the astral plane.
Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bane_of_sith

SS STOMP,!!

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By renamed040924

@buttersdaman000 said:

@laflux: DBZ experts? Says who? But anyways, The Silver Surfer wins. At SSJ4 he should be considerably stronger and faster than SS but he still has no TP defense. Once he realizes that he can't compete physically, SS simply takes Goku to the astral plane.

Goku is actually highly adept with mental abilities and maintains extraordinary willpower; not saying he can take SS on in a brain duel though.

Warlock12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Warlock12

@solesamurai: um wow you do know that manga is just a different style of comics so technically dbz fans are comic fans are so technically you just called yourself ignorant and a DBZ fan even gave the win to SS

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@Ferdelance said:

@Sethlol said:

Mismatch..again.

This.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By buttersdaman000
@nickzambuto:  
Yeah, mental abilities that he's only randomly exhibited a handful of times throughout the whole series. 
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By renamed040924

@buttersdaman000 said:

@nickzambuto: Yeah, mental abilities that he's only randomly exhibited a handful of times throughout the whole series.

I don't see your point. Throughout 80 years of comic book history, there was a single comic book issue that mentioned Superman has nanosecond reaction time. That ONE feat is referenced to death.

Goku at least displayed mental skills consistently throughout the series.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Comparing Goku's telepathy powers to the Silver Surfer's is like comparing Miss Cleo to Professor X.

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

@nickzambuto: Yes but any planet level offensive telepathy resistance.

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

@jloneblackheart said:

Comparing Goku's telepathy powers to the Silver Surfer's is like comparing Miss Cleo to Professor X.

I lol'd

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By slimj87d

DBZ characters are not immune to beingg transmuted

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By buttersdaman000
@nickzambuto said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

@nickzambuto: Yeah, mental abilities that he's only randomly exhibited a handful of times throughout the whole series.

I don't see your point. Throughout 80 years of comic book history, there was a single comic book issue that mentioned Superman has nanosecond reaction time. That ONE feat is referenced to death.

My point was to expand upon your post so as to not have people misinterpret what you said. Because you made it seem like Goku is having TP battles on a regular basis which clearly isnt true. 
Also, while there are no instances of him fighting at nanosecond speed I can think of at least a few comics where he is referenced at being able to react within that time(or a comparable time). 
And, these mental skills of Goku- unless i'm mistaken, they never go above communication or that one 'mental battle' between Krillin and Gohan(which i'm pretty sure wasn't even in the manga), so i'm not sure why you felt the need to defend them
solesamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By solesamurai

@Warlock12 said:

@solesamurai: um wow you do know that manga is just a different style of comics so technically dbz fans are comic fans are so technically you just called yourself ignorant and a DBZ fan even gave the win to SS

You know exactly what I meant by "comic fans" smart ass.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By renamed040924

@buttersdaman000 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

My point was to expand upon your post so as to not have people misinterpret what you said. Because you made it seem like Goku is having TP battles on a regular basis which clearly isnt true. Also, while there are no instances of him fighting at nanosecond speed I can think of at least a few comics where he is referenced at being able to react within that time(or a comparable time). And, these mental skills of Goku- unless i'm mistaken, they never go above communication or that one 'mental battle' between Krillin and Gohan(which i'm pretty sure wasn't even in the manga), so i'm not sure why you felt the need to defend them

There was literally one comic which barely muttered that he has nanosecond reaction time. We can wank a single sentence out of 80 years of comic book history to death, yet just because Goku doesn't use his mental abilities in every single fight he's ever been in they're not even worth bringing up?

Goku has displayed very powerful telekinetic abilities, the power to absorb a months worth of thoughts in a second, interstellar communication, and many more. I ended my post by saying he can't compete with Silver Surfer though, so I don't see why you feel the need to try and take all credibility away from even that.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50  Edited By Killemall

@buttersdaman000 said:

Silver surfer himself till November 2011 has all together 6 showings of offensive telepathy within a grandtotal of 713 issues. So that statement actually goes either way.