I will revive this.......NOW

SpideyFan113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SpideyFan113

Godzilla doesn't get the name "King of the Monsters" just cuz he looks the coolest. Godzilla

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7  Edited By GraniteSoldier

Godzilla. Using just the most recent versions as an arguement (because I don't feel like writing a small essay) Godzilla: Final Wars Godzilla has been his most powerful incarnation to date, being able to one shot virtually every monster in the Godzilla series and take them on two or even three at a time. Godzilla in this form can also supercharge his breath weapon to the red beam (like Meltdown Godzilla had in Godzilla vs Destoroyah) without being overheated. His hide is near impenetrable, and his healing factor allows him to heal his wounds near instantly.

Gamera, in his most recent trilogy, did not have the same invulnerability. He was easily punctured by many of the creatures he fought, although he showed great durability in that even when Iris impaled him through he still fought and won, and lived. His healing factor isn't as high as Godzilla's and his breath weapon isn't as powerful. He does have the manuverability advantage, though. Gamera is smaller and faster, and can fly. He might be able to take off and pepper Godzilla with his own flame blasts. They simply aren't strong enough to do serious damage though. Also, Godzilla was able to spot and blast Monster X with his breath attack from Tokyo while Monster X was still flying through space. If he is accurate at that range, he can definately hit Gamera as Gamera flies about.

Both monsters are staples of my childhood, and two of my favorite movie creations, but I must give this fight to Godzilla.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wolfrazer
Godzilla, hes OP in a good way because hes a hero and villain at the same time. 
terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By terry2012

This will be a hard fought battle. Which version are we using here? If Gamera was to be an A list monster I would most definitely give it to him. But godzilla would win. How ever Gamera does have a powerful attack from his center of his body, but I don't know would that be enough. But I choose Gamera instead.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sufferthorn

Gamera..

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By terry2012

@Wolfrazer: Gamera does know martial arts too.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wolfrazer
@terry2012:  But does he know flying kick?
terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By terry2012

@Wolfrazer: No but he knows hitting him with his shell. Plus he knows Seismic Toss

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wolfrazer
@terry2012:  Hmm...well then, actually surprised they never made Godzilla vs Gamera movie. Could fit.
terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By terry2012

@Wolfrazer: Yes they can and make a whole lot of money while doing it.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Jorgevy

Didn't they fight once?

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By terry2012

@Jorgevy: No not one time yet.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jorgevy

@terry2012: ah, confused it with Baguron, who had fought Godzilla and Gamera but in separate movies

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By terry2012

@Jorgevy: Baguron fought gamera, he did not fight godzilla that was Baragon.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@Sufferthorn said:

Gamera..

This Mana blast ftw

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jorgevy

@terry2012: oh yes, ahaha got them confused xD

dewboy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 17

#22  Edited By dewboy01

I concur. Godzilla stomps.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By terry2012

@Jorgevy: It ok. It quite understandable because they both sound the same.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Final Wars Godzilla destroyed every monster, Godzilla wins anyway.

TERMINATOR1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TERMINATOR1000

Godzilla destroys

sammesserly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By sammesserly

Here's my spin on the whole Godzilla vs Gamera debate http://kaijukid.deviantart.com/gallery/38256155

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TERMINATORXX

Godzilla

BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to go with Godzilla. All the stuff Godzilla has done makes Gamera seem like an amateur.

Surviving standing in the center of a black hole and causing it to collapse just by being in it. (Godzilla vs Megaguirus) Being hit directly in the chest with a ball of energy at Absolute Zero and surviving with nothing but a small gash. This was one of the weaker Godzilla's. (Godzilla against Mechagodzilla.) Regenerated from nothing but a beating heart. This was one of the weakest Godzilla's. (Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack!) Took on Marvel's Fantastic Four and Avengers and left with no damage whatsoever. (Marvel Godzilla comics.) Proven to be superior in strength to Thor. (Marvel Godzilla.) Capable of destroying a meteor that was at least 100 miles across. (Godzilla: Final Wars.) Threw 30,000 ton Kumonga over the horizon. (Godzilla: Final Wars) Atomic Breath stated to be as hot as the sun. (Godzilla vs King Kong and Godzilla 2000.) Gets his spine severed in two and continues fighting on like nothing happened. (Godzilla vs Destoroyah.) Lived in a volcano for almost a decade. (Terror of Mechagodzilla.)

Also I heard Godzilla is omnipotent and that his Spiral Ray Beam is much stronger than the Big Bang. Also Gamera had his own hand cut off and couldn't even regenerate it back. So yeah. Godzilla wins.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@batmanfan11: your citing very different versions of the character

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pokergeist

Godzilla. Using just the most recent versions as an arguement (because I don't feel like writing a small essay) Godzilla: Final Wars Godzilla has been his most powerful incarnation to date, being able to one shot virtually every monster in the Godzilla series and take them on two or even three at a time. Godzilla in this form can also supercharge his breath weapon to the red beam (like Meltdown Godzilla had in Godzilla vs Destoroyah) without being overheated. His hide is near impenetrable, and his healing factor allows him to heal his wounds near instantly.

Gamera, in his most recent trilogy, did not have the same invulnerability. He was easily punctured by many of the creatures he fought, although he showed great durability in that even when Iris impaled him through he still fought and won, and lived. His healing factor isn't as high as Godzilla's and his breath weapon isn't as powerful. He does have the manuverability advantage, though. Gamera is smaller and faster, and can fly. He might be able to take off and pepper Godzilla with his own flame blasts. They simply aren't strong enough to do serious damage though. Also, Godzilla was able to spot and blast Monster X with his breath attack from Tokyo while Monster X was still flying through space. If he is accurate at that range, he can definately hit Gamera as Gamera flies about.

Both monsters are staples of my childhood, and two of my favorite movie creations, but I must give this fight to Godzilla.

This.

And this.

Godzilla can also fly!

Loading Video...

GZ so wins!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla

FrozenPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wdc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to go with Godzilla. All the stuff Godzilla has done makes Gamera seem like an amateur.

Surviving standing in the center of a black hole and causing it to collapse just by being in it. (Godzilla vs Megaguirus)

That feet was debunked

Avatar image for indestructiblet800
indestructibleT800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard call. Probably Godzilla, but not easily...

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

@wdc said:

@batmanfan11 said:

Surviving standing in the center of a black hole and causing it to collapse just by being in it. (Godzilla vs Megaguirus)

That feet was debunked

No.It is labeled as unfalsifiable and thus unquantifiable.

Avatar image for indestructiblet800
indestructibleT800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

@indestructiblet800: Not true. Gamera's durability is surprising low. He was almost killed by military bombing in GOTU, Got stabbed and easily wounded by Iyris, and blew off his hand with one shot from a fire ball in G3.

He has some good Dues Ex Machina attacks, But he wouldn't last too long in a physical confrontation against a higher tier Kaiju like Godzilla.

Assuming this is Composite Godzilla vs Composite Gamera then Godzilla WTF stomps

Wdc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wdc said:

@batmanfan11 said:

That feet was debunked

"I just watched Godzilla Vs Megaguirus for the black hole feat (still need to watch GMK for the regenerating from a heart feat).

So, what have I found? It's dubious at best. So, first let's throw out: this is not a full on black hole. This is basically a miniature black hole that they are capable of producing and firing that lasts for exceedingly short periods, and tends to leave some sort of spatial distortion behind that can be traveled through, and was in fact what allowed for Megaguirus to come through (the eggs were left by a smaller mega who flew back through the distortion to wherever it came from).

Now, the stability and power of the black hole is highly dependent on the software and equipment that runs it. Their first shot, failed to do anything to GZ, and they admitted it was due to the equipment not being fine tuned and ready to go (they warned them beforehand, and got to basically say I told you so afterwards). So we know that the weapon was not firing fully on all cylinders as it were, which they seemed to know would affect the power and stability of the black hole, and probably do jack squat to GZ (which that is exactly what it did).

So, the second shot? The satellite that was firing the black hole was malfunctioning and falling to the Earth. It wasn't even capable of getting a lock on GZ (they had to lock onto something else that was flying at GZ), and the satellite was coming apart as it entered the atmosphere, and the satellite even exploded right after it was fired...so, obviously the equipment wasn't running at top performance (and we know that can affect the weapons performance). Now, GZ actually blasts the black hole before it gets to him, it explodes before it can hit him, and then you can see an effect similar to the earlier spatial distortion warble as things settle down from the big ball of fire. We cut to our heroine falling into a pool and climbing out, then we finally see a scene of a good chunk of the city destroyed, and we don't see GZ. They assume the black hole took care of him.

Now, we didn't see the black hole actually do anything, we didn't see it hit, it was fired from a weapon that was not in top shape and working properly, GZ was able to cause an explosion by hitting it with his breath, and we know the spatial distortions can be traveled (they showed it happen after the first test of the weapon). I am finding this escaping of a black hole to be exceedingly dubious and near impossible to prove, and I just literally finished watching the movie. These black holes are not like a true blue black hole, and are of dubious power and stability. It also can't be proven that he just didn't go through the distortion to some other place, or wasn't just blasted into the bay, and then swam off to lick his wounds (they weren't that far from the water).

So, the black hole feat...exceedingly fishy and iffy."

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

@wdc said:

@kaijukinggojira said:

@wdc said:

@batmanfan11 said:

That feet was debunked

"I just watched Godzilla Vs Megaguirus for the black hole feat (still need to watch GMK for the regenerating from a heart feat).

So, what have I found? It's dubious at best. So, first let's throw out: this is not a full on black hole. This is basically a miniature black hole that they are capable of producing and firing that lasts for exceedingly short periods, and tends to leave some sort of spatial distortion behind that can be traveled through, and was in fact what allowed for Megaguirus to come through (the eggs were left by a smaller mega who flew back through the distortion to wherever it came from).

Now, the stability and power of the black hole is highly dependent on the software and equipment that runs it. Their first shot, failed to do anything to GZ, and they admitted it was due to the equipment not being fine tuned and ready to go (they warned them beforehand, and got to basically say I told you so afterwards). So we know that the weapon was not firing fully on all cylinders as it were, which they seemed to know would affect the power and stability of the black hole, and probably do jack squat to GZ (which that is exactly what it did).

So, the second shot? The satellite that was firing the black hole was malfunctioning and falling to the Earth. It wasn't even capable of getting a lock on GZ (they had to lock onto something else that was flying at GZ), and the satellite was coming apart as it entered the atmosphere, and the satellite even exploded right after it was fired...so, obviously the equipment wasn't running at top performance (and we know that can affect the weapons performance). Now, GZ actually blasts the black hole before it gets to him, it explodes before it can hit him, and then you can see an effect similar to the earlier spatial distortion warble as things settle down from the big ball of fire. We cut to our heroine falling into a pool and climbing out, then we finally see a scene of a good chunk of the city destroyed, and we don't see GZ. They assume the black hole took care of him.

Now, we didn't see the black hole actually do anything, we didn't see it hit, it was fired from a weapon that was not in top shape and working properly, GZ was able to cause an explosion by hitting it with his breath, and we know the spatial distortions can be traveled (they showed it happen after the first test of the weapon). I am finding this escaping of a black hole to be exceedingly dubious and near impossible to prove, and I just literally finished watching the movie. These black holes are not like a true blue black hole, and are of dubious power and stability. It also can't be proven that he just didn't go through the distortion to some other place, or wasn't just blasted into the bay, and then swam off to lick his wounds (they weren't that far from the water).

So, the black hole feat...exceedingly fishy and iffy."

I didn't ask you to just quote Wyldsong's comment. If you read it he clearly said it was "exceedingly fishy and iffy". The feat is dubious, I had a debate with him on the topic and it chalked up to him constantly explaining that we can't give 100% proof or disprove of the feats legitimacy,Thus (again) why it is unfalsifiable and therefore unquantifiable.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijukinggojira: I agree with your black hole analysis, I tend to avoid that feat myself. A good showing was him surviving under the Earth's crust in the mantle when he fought both Mothra and Battera. That shows an immense amount of durability for his hide.

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

@granitesoldier: You mean Wyldsong's ? I defiantly didn't make that analysis.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijukinggojira: Oh, well @wyldsong's then! Whoever said it! Haha. That black hole thing never made much sense to me (it is Godzilla, so logic can only go so far) but even the movie descriptions behind it were lacking. I tend to just avoid it all together if debating Godzilla.

Bluestar27910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla wins. He is much larger and stronger.

Overall rating
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By thelocust619

Largest Gamera ever was 1,200 tons.

Smallest Godzilla ever was 20,000 tons.

Never happen.

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlab3000: Did you just use fan fiction as an actual debate.

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamera gets ripped to pieces.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts