Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton
No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

We know what Thanos can do when he has all the Infinity Gems. But, here he has only the Power Gem. Can he take down Galactus with it?

Round 1: Starving Galactus

Round 2: Galactus is at "average" levels

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1. Leaning towards Galactus

Round 2. Galactus

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By those_eyes

What does the power gem grant really?

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@those_eyes said:

Power.

Thor used it for strength & greater energy manipulation

Champion used it for strength enough to destroy a planet.

Warlock used it to overpower Strange with all his equipment.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unlimited strength and stamina, and you can access an unlimited power supply... if you know how to use it correctly. Thor, for example, didnt know how to fully use the Power Gem. Thanos has very good knowledge, considering that he once held all the Gems and used them to become nearly omnipotent.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Carter_esque

Round 1: Thanos

Round 2: Galactus

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much this.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos both rounds. He is the most competent user of the Infinity gems in the marvel universe. Galactus uses blast and very little else. Odin put Galactus down with a head bunt. Thor has knocked Galactus around. Thanos has blasted him through entire space ships. None of that really hurt Galactus but he felt it. Galactus had to exert effort to get past Thanos basic shields. Giving him the PG ensures Thanos wins.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carter_esque said:

Pretty much this.

You dont think that with an unlimited amount of power at his disposal and the knowledge to use it, that he can take out Galactus at average power levels?

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Carter_esque

@cheesesticks said:

@carter_esque said:

Pretty much this.

You dont think that with an unlimited amount of power at his disposal and the knowledge to use it, that he can take out Galactus at average power levels?

Nope.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos both rounds.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galan

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This fight has @killemall written all over it! Thanos, infinity gems, Galactus oh my!

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@green_skaar: Lol thanks. Problem is Thanos has never used power gem at full potential barring mocking and beating entire earth heroes during Infinity Gauntlet.

Power Gem actually grants to unlimited power boosting all your abilities we have seen power gem single handedly stop a blast that destroyed and recreated 2 whole universe and everything in between.

Used to its full potential and stated at its classic level Power gem alone is more than a match for Galactus but I don't think even Thanos has anything to suggest he could use the gem at its fullest potential, like when gem itself got sentience and started creating entire reality on its own.

Quanchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: Lol thanks. Problem is Thanos has never used power gem at full potential barring mocking and beating entire earth heroes during Infinity Gauntlet.

Power Gem actually grants to unlimited power boosting all your abilities we have seen power gem single handedly stop a blast that destroyed and recreated 2 whole universe and everything in between.

Used to its full potential and stated at its classic level Power gem alone is more than a match for Galactus but I don't think even Thanos has anything to suggest he could use the gem at its fullest potential, like when gem itself got sentience and started creating entire reality on its own.

You have to admit Thanos and Adam Warlock are pretty high on the list of "people who can get the most out of the Power Gem". Even if he cant use it to it's 100%, even a fraction of "unlimited power" is still pretty damn hard to deal with.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Eisenfauste

1. Thanos

2. 6/10 thanos in a close fight.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Killemall

You have to admit Thanos and Adam Warlock are pretty high on the list of "people who can get the most out of the Power Gem". Even if he cant use it to it's 100%, even a fraction of "unlimited power" is still pretty damn hard to deal with.

Which i cant disagree, but the problem is, someone asks me to substantiate, with feat, how can Thanos stand up to Galactus.

The only feat i have would be beating the Earth Heroes, which while impressive, doesnt in itself warrant defeating Galactus.

The other problem is, during Avengers: The Final Threat, Thanos chooses to use Adam Warlock soul gem as a power source to blow up earth's sun (which he never gets to use), comparing that with Gem's full potential when it was creating entire universe on its own you can see discrepancies.

The way i see it, Thanos being able to match and even beat Galactus with the power gem makes sense on paper, but is lacking any express feats. Galactus on the other hand is up to neck with express feats.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton said:

Which i cant disagree, but the problem is, someone asks me to substantiate, with feat, how can Thanos stand up to Galactus.

The only feat i have would be beating the Earth Heroes, which while impressive, doesnt in itself warrant defeating Galactus.

The other problem is, during Avengers: The Final Threat, Thanos chooses to use Adam Warlock soul gem as a power source to blow up earth's sun (which he never gets to use), comparing that with Gem's full potential when it was creating entire universe on its own you can see discrepancies.

The way i see it, Thanos being able to match and even beat Galactus with the power gem makes sense on paper, but is lacking any express feats. Galactus on the other hand is up to neck with express feats.

I cant argue with that.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for officialrikudousennin
OfficialRikudouSennin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

Galactus

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at dondave post

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@quanchi: Good for you

Six months old I know, but LOL at the amount of sass in this post.

Jmarshmallow