Sersi

Legion of Super Heroes Team

Ultra Boy

Wildfire

Blok

Saturn Girl

Details

• 616 Marvel Eternals
  • Pre-Zero Hour Legionnaires (Pre-Crisis feats allowed but no scaling from Silver Age Superboy)
  • Standard equipment (including weapons and flight rings)
  • In-character
  • Random encounter
  • Win by any means

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Superman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sersi mvp on team 1. But the win depends who's the superior telepath between sersi and Saturn girl.

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sersi mvp on team 1. But the win depends who's the superior telepath between sersi and Saturn girl.

I was hoping they would cancel each other out but Saturn Girl is probably more powerful telepathy-wise.

Are you saying Sersi is MVP based only on telepathy?

tethadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gilgamesh=Thor=Hercules in strength.

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tethadam said:

Gilgamesh=Thor=Hercules in strength.

And how do you think that places him in this battle?

Superman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ouroborik: no, sersi is pretty versatile I just think that the stronger telepath would turn the odds and give their team the win.

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Ikaris can psi one of SG's teammates then:

Superman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Superman19

@strike3: yea if they stand there and just talk to him.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure which team wins, but I can debate FOR the Eternals...

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ouroborik: no, sersi is pretty versatile I just think that the stronger telepath would turn the odds and give their team the win.

Meh, I don't think so. It's very rare in comics with for someone to choose to end the fight immediately with telepathy. The usual "Martian Manhunter solo-stomps with mindrape" statements are pretty much bullshit because Martian Manhunter never does that. And neither do most characters. The only characters I know which usually spam mind-attacks are the X-Men telepaths.

Not sure which team wins, but I can debate FOR the Eternals...

I would very much appreciate that. I actually created this battle as a request from the new "Request a battle you want to debate in" thread. But the guy who requested the battle is not participating at all. So I would enjoy someone else to provide some feats and back-up for the Eternals because I'm only familiar with the Legion. I'll try to remain neutral however.

Superman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ouroborik: Yea i like the idea of make more battles with lesser known characters but the thing is people don't know enough or just aren't interested in those battles. Anyway. I'm going to have to disagree, an uninterested MM made the justice league think that they were all fighting him while he just escaped (i'll try to find a scan). Also these fights are hypothetical ,so a telepath can technically win from the start via mindrape if the opposition does not have a counter to it. Most fights are out of character because it would not make sense if they were in character (they wouldn't be fighting if they were in character).

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strike3: yea if they stand there and just talk to him.

Characters have conversation while fighting all the time though.

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ouroborik: Yea i like the idea of make more battles with lesser known characters but the thing is people don't know enough or just aren't interested in those battles.

The people that matter are interested in these battles. I don't give two craps for the people who are here just to debate MCU. They can go do that on Reddit or wherever. I'm not gonna stop doing interesting fights just to satisfy the casuals who will be out of the Vine in a couple of months.

Anyway. I'm going to have to disagree, an uninterested MM made the justice league think that they were all fighting him while he just escaped (i'll try to find a scan). Also these fights are hypothetical ,so a telepath can technically win from the start via mindrape if the opposition does not have a counter to it. Most fights are out of character because it would not make sense if they were in character (they wouldn't be fighting if they were in character).

Hard disagree there. Superheroes fight among themselves all the time, that's a staple of comics. Martian Manhunter fights supervillains all the time and he rarely (if ever) uses telepathy in an offensive way. I can't think of a single Post-Crisis Martian Manhunter big fight that was solved through telepathy, even when he was losing.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ouroborik:

Thanks for the tag!

I'd like to participate, but know little to nothing about team Legion. I'll chime in once I can get more info or feats on them.

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ouroborik:

Thanks for the tag!

I'd like to participate, but know little to nothing about team Legion. I'll chime in once I can get more info or feats on them.

Ultra-Boy can replicate most Kryptonian powers (super-strength, durability, speed, energy vision, flight) but only one at a time. That's his thing. Coupled with the Legion Flight Ring he is always wearing he can combine flight with any other of his powers at all time. In a fight he has to switch around his powers constantly but he can do so instantaneously.

Wildfire is an energy-manipulator and also a physical powerhouse. He can shoot energy blasts, fly, punch people. He isn contained inside an energy suit and if the suit is destroyed he is defeated. But the suit is pretty tough.

Blok is just a standard brick. Except he hangs around very high-tier characters but just a brick.

Saturn Girl is a standard telepath who can read thoughts, project illusions, KO people, stuff like that. I honestly only chose her as the fourth spot to make sure Sersi's telepathy was countered and wouldn't be the deciding factor.

They all possess Legion Flight Rings giving them limitless flight powers.

Just to give you an idea of who they are, I'll try to post some feats if you want me to.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cosmic_reign

@ouroborik said:

Ultra-Boy can replicate most Kryptonian powers (super-strength, durability, speed, energy vision, flight) but only one at a time. That's his thing. Coupled with the Legion Flight Ring he is always wearing he can combine flight with any other of his powers at all time. In a fight he has to switch around his powers constantly but he can do so instantaneously.

Wildfire is an energy-manipulator and also a physical powerhouse. He can shoot energy blasts, fly, punch people. He isn contained inside an energy suit and if the suit is destroyed he is defeated. But the suit is pretty tough.

Blok is just a standard brick. Except he hangs around very high-tier characters but just a brick.

Saturn Girl is a standard telepath who can read thoughts, project illusions, KO people, stuff like that. I honestly only chose her as the fourth spot to make sure Sersi's telepathy was countered and wouldn't be the deciding factor.

Just to give you an idea of who they are, I'll try to post some feats if you want me to.

Oh okay....thanks! This seems to be a good match.

Ikaris has all the powers mentioned above for Ultra-Boy but perhaps slightly less powerful than Supes, strength wise. He has fought(morals on) Cosmic Hulk and Rulk to a standstill(on separate occasions). He mopped Namor, Torch, and Cap while holding back and while resisting a god mind-control device. Also, whooped Hercules in a story that leads to Hercs journey to become All-Father Hercules. And more....

Ajak really doesn't have any standout feats, but pretty much has a plethora of abilities, like all Eternals.

Gilgamesh is probably the strongest of these Eternals physically.

Sersi is a complete wildcard....IMO. She has some super high end feats like stalling Chaos King for a short while using her own powers, she has shown capable of controlling the Power Cosmic to incapacitate Silver Surfer(for a very short time). Along with powerful psionic abilities. And more... She also has lower end feats like getting knocked around by Invisible Woman.

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ouroborik said:

Oh okay....thanks! This seems to be a good match.

Ikaris has all the powers mentioned above for Ultra-Boy but perhaps slightly less powerful than Supes, strength wise. He has fought(morals on) Cosmic Hulk and Rulk to a standstill(on separate occasions). He mopped Namor, Torch, and Cap while holding back and while resisting a god mind-control device. Also, whooped Hercules in a story that leads to Hercs journey to become All-Father Hercules. And more....

Ajak really doesn't have any standout feats, but pretty much has a plethora of abilities, like all Eternals.

Gilgamesh is probably the strongest of these Eternals physically.

Sersi is a complete wildcard....IMO. She has some super high end feats like stalling Chaos King for a short while using her own powers, she has shown capable of controlling the Power Cosmic to incapacitate Silver Surfer(for a very short time). Along with powerful psionic abilities. And more... She also has lower end feats like getting knocked around by Invisible Woman.

That sound awesome. The Eternals overall seem to have really cool powersets and feats, it's a shame we don't see more of them on the Vine.