User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Gilad Anni-Padda/The Eternal Warrior

No Caption Provided

VS

Bruce Wayne/The Batman

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Eternal Warrior is Valiant Entertainment version.
  • Batman is Post Crisis/New 52.
  • In Character.
  • Standard Gear.

Random Encounter, Fight takes place in the White House.

No Caption Provided

Who wins?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jashro44

Did eternal warrior come out all ready? Or are we basing this on his showings in XO and archer and armstrong?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@jashro44 said:

Did eternal warrior come out all ready?

It's coming out on the 11th

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Did eternal warrior come out all ready?

It's coming out on the 11th

All right thats good. Should be a really good title considering Pak is writing it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Oh yeah, definitely. It's going to be great - a battle hardened warrior version of Armstrong.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jashro44: @i_like_swords: yeah i cant wait. honestly ive only read XO Manowar 15 and 16, but seeing his healing factor and that hes been training forever i feel like this is a good battle.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: I haven't actually gotten to the stage in X-O or A&A where Eternal enters. But I've ordered A&A vol 2 and I'm getting Eternal #1 when it comes out, so I'll be able to comment properly then.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: oh ok. im gonna be picking up XO Manowar 1-14 hardcover in November. then ill see if theres more Eternal Warrior there, plus im interested in Ninjak as well

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: I think you should give this a bump Wednesday. As things currently stand I am thinking eternal warrior should win on paper but its hard to say. IIRC archer got the better of him pretty easily. (could be wrong would probably be a better question for @strider92). So he is a bit lacking in showings against skilled fighters.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: yup ill bump it definetly, is archar and armstrong good? like really good?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: I wouldn't be able to tell you. I haven't been reading it. Maybe if strider comments on this thread you can ask him because I know he has been reading it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: oh ok. im gonna be picking up XO Manowar 1-14 hardcover in November. then ill see if theres more Eternal Warrior there, plus im interested in Ninjak as well

Ninjak comes into X-O in issue 5.. he's awesome. I picked up his whole 90s run. He's going to be "Unity" as well as his own solo series. So exciiiiteeed

@jashro44: is archar and armstrong good? like really good?

It had a solid beginning. Very different from what you usually get in an opener to a series. I'll let you know how issues 5-8 go when I get them.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@allstarsuperman said:

Ninjak comes into X-O in issue 5.. he's awesome. I picked up his whole 90s run. He's going to be "Unity" as well as his own solo series. So exciiiiteeed

Ninjak is getting a solo series? i'll have to get it if i like him in XO Manowar. dang Valiant for makeing me drop DC titles!

@allstarsuperman said:

@jashro44: is archar and armstrong good? like really good?

It had a solid beginning. Very different from what you usually get in an opener to a series. I'll let you know how issues 5-8 go when I get them.

Cool, im realliy interested in anything Eternal Warrior. i heard he guessed appeared in A&A 1,2, and 3, is that true?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternal Warrior has better stats than Batman but as shown with his battle with Archer, he can be taken down by skilled opponents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: I don't read DC but I've cut my Marvel titles from about 7 to 2 because of Valiant. And yeah it'll be great when Ninjak is in a team book aswell as a solo.

I think Eternal guest appears between 5-8 of A&A and then something like.. 13+ in X-O. He's going to be in Unity as well. Imagine him and Ninjak on the same team :D

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

@allstarsuperman: I think you should give this a bump Wednesday. As things currently stand I am thinking eternal warrior should win on paper but its hard to say. IIRC archer got the better of him pretty easily. (could be wrong would probably be a better question for @strider92). So he is a bit lacking in showings against skilled fighters.

I hope Pak gives him some good showings. I know he can, but he hasn't been in a lot yet. I too want to see how he did against Archer, but the only thing I've seen from him so far that I have read was him manhandling Aric without the armor as he casually did a light palm thrust to his back and sent him flying several into a bunch of pottery. Then he briefly held his own against Aric armored up, but the technology edge and Aric's strength played too much when he ended up breaking his shoulder, or arm, or something since a bone was sticking out of the front of his shoulder, but the fight ended after that when Aric went all sad his uncle's crown broke.

The character has a lot of potential, and I'm probably considering this to possibly have all the makings of him being my fave Valiant character. So I hope he isn't screwed over.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@god_spawn: Unfortuanely Archer decked him out both times. Mainly because Archer has been shown to be a Harbinger now. Like Peter Stanchek, Toyo Harada etc.... and has a haxed ability to go with it. He can psionically copy any skillset as long as he can read your mind. Ie: He takes all your experience in using said skillset and the skillset itself. In theory he could become the most powerful hand to hand fighter in comics as he also takes your experience using the skillset as he does the actual muscle memory.

Anyways here's him vs Gilad both times:

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: wow, I didn't like how archar beat him so easy.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jashro44

@jashro44 said:

I hope Pak gives him some good showings. I know he can, but he hasn't been in a lot yet. I too want to see how he did against Archer, but the only thing I've seen from him so far that I have read was him manhandling Aric without the armor as he casually did a light palm thrust to his back and sent him flying several into a bunch of pottery. Then he briefly held his own against Aric armored up, but the technology edge and Aric's strength played too much when he ended up breaking his shoulder, or arm, or something since a bone was sticking out of the front of his shoulder, but the fight ended after that when Aric went all sad his uncle's crown broke.

The character has a lot of potential, and I'm probably considering this to possibly have all the makings of him being my fave Valiant character. So I hope he isn't screwed over.

Greg Pak from what I have seen loves giving characters feats so I have no doubt eternal warrior will have some nice showings. I mean he had silver surfer survive inside a star and monologue about how he didn't feel anything in his mini, he had hercules beat elektra in a sword fight (granted herc had an advantage because of his blade being able to cut through anything IIRC but still [he also had herc beat Phil urich as well...]), he had darkseid destroy a planet, and then there is his hulk stuff (world breaker, ww hulk, etc)...Eternal warrior will probably have some amazing showings if Pak keeps this trend over at valiant. Might take a few issues though.

As things currently stand he isn't to impressive though....

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 god_spawn  Moderator

@jashro44:

That's exactly what I'm worried about..

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want that Ninjak series.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

I've not read the issue but isn't it normal for a character like Eternal Warrior to be used to establish other characters? Maybe the writer just wanted to flaunt Archers martial arts ability. In any case, I'd imagine he's going to become a lot more impressive seeing as he's getting his own ongoing and will be featured in "Unity". There's still hope.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn said:

@jashro44:

I've not read the issue but isn't it normal for a character like Eternal Warrior to be used to establish other characters? Maybe the writer just wanted to flaunt Archers martial arts ability. In any case, I'd imagine he's going to become a lot more impressive seeing as he's getting his own ongoing and will be featured in "Unity". There's still hope.

Yea. Especially with Pak.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 god_spawn  Moderator

@i_like_swords: But I don't him to end up becoming that kind of character. Valiant has given a fresh start and so far has been underwhelming. I don't want him getting a bunch of impressive feats in his own titles to just constantly put over other characters. He doesn't need to be Valiant's Vegeta. He can do great on his own, but when you pair him up with established characters he falls short.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Hmm.. I see your point. But if his solo series is of the same quality as some of the other Valiant books I'm sure it'll work out. He seems a weird mix for Unity though...

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 god_spawn  Moderator

@i_like_swords: I have no doubt the book will be of good quality. Pak is a solid writer. My problem is the fact that they debuted him and have done nothing but his butt kicked. It gives the character an underwhelming presence, but also is going to have the type of logic that he can maybe slaughter a thousand Spartan warriors, yet because of his original showings is made a fool of by Archer. I know Archer's powers, but it leaves a bad taste in mouth, especially this early in his new Valiant role when his main title isn't even out. I know it comes out tomorrow but just bear with me for a moment.

I think he fits fine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Right, I see what you mean now. Yeah it doesn't quite fit that Archer who's pretty much just out of assassins boot camp is capable of beating up this immortal warrior. It must just depend on the writer more than anything. Like in X-O apparently Eternal was getting the better of Aric out of armor, then held his own somewhat when Aric wore the armor. And earlier on Ninjak pretty much embarrassed Aric in and out of armor. It's hard to get my head around it all. I mean I don't see Archer beating up on Aric in armor - maybe out - but not in. Hopefully the writers make sure not to mess up character consistency.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jashro44

Remind me to come back to this. I couldn't make it to my store today.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Remind me to come back to this. I couldn't make it to my store today.

will do, im not gonna get it until sunday.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@god_spawn: Right, I see what you mean now. Yeah it doesn't quite fit that Archer who's pretty much just out of assassins boot camp is capable of beating up this immortal warrior. It must just depend on the writer more than anything. Like in X-O apparently Eternal was getting the better of Aric out of armor, then held his own somewhat when Aric wore the armor. And earlier on Ninjak pretty much embarrassed Aric in and out of armor. It's hard to get my head around it all. I mean I don't see Archer beating up on Aric in armor - maybe out - but not in. Hopefully the writers make sure not to mess up character consistency.

Archer isn't just a good fighter. He's a Harbinger like Peter Stanchek hence the reason he can use chi/psionics to pull crap like this:

No Caption Provided

Getting beaten up by someone who can take your experience and skillset along with what seems to be psionic manifestations to increase his ability is nothing to be ashamed of. Pre-Reboot Archer curbstomped Shadowman despite the fact the guy has supernatural abilities beyond Archer's. If Valiant are sticking with this sort of writing for Archer then it'll be consistent in the Valiant reboot too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: I did figure Archer is going to be a top-tier fighter. It's just the notion of his inexperience when compared to EW that makes me wonder how he could walk over him so easily. In a rematch, sure, but not in the guys first appearance. Archer might be able to copy skillsets and experience but he's not got loads of experience putting it into practice, whereas EW is thousands of years old.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Guardiandevil83

I think it comes down to the fact that Archer would be killed if Gilad hit him one solid time. As mentioned above though even Pre-reboot Archer was schooling enhanced/superpowered fighters. Shadowman, Armstrong, and some dude who left a permanent palm print across your face. Also Archer and Aric are two completely different fighters. One is a Barbarian and fights like one. The other is basically Taskmaster and was whooping others trained exactly as he had been.

Batman has the skill and gear to beat EW because, let's face it, Batman is almost always prepared. Once he realizes that he is outmatched, he will start using tech. Gases may or may not work. But there are still explosives, cryo-pellets, tasers and such. Don't think it is spite. Because if Gilad uses his training he would win. He should be every bit the tactician and fighter Bruce is. Eternal Warrior can use ancient and modern day tech as easily as Bruce. With his strength, durability and enhanced stamina he should be able to keep Bruce on the defensive.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I'll post some feats tomorrow then.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll post some feats tomorrow then.

"About a few months later...still no feats."

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimate_knight: Ehh, I'll do it after the current arc finishes. Probably finally get around to updating the respect thread too.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimate_knight: Ehh, I'll do it after the current arc finishes. Probably finally get around to updating the respect thread too.

Alright then. The last issue of the story-arc comes out in August this year.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimate_knight: I'll probably maybe maybe not get around to that respect thread since his current series ended.....

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bump.