• Win by any means
destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By destinyman75

Without gems Hela.. she ragdolled condfident Thor far easier and was playing with him. Plus her Regen and hax etc

Waxseruya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos could beat hela by without sword.

ManaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6 JediXMan  Moderator

Thanos can't beat Hela if the battle takes place on Asgard. He wins if it's off Asgard.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This would be an amazing fight tbh

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: She's nigh featless off Asgard and Thanos without stones is not overly strong. Captain Marvel was physically overpowering him and Cap with the hammer was trading blows for a while.

IAmInEvitable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By IAmInEvitable

No one can defeat Hela on Asgard besides Surtur. Off of Asgard, Thanos 8/10.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surtur disagrees and Thanos wins

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela

Mad_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mad_Jim

With Sword: Thanos kills 9/10..

Without sword and armor/pure h2h: 7/10..

(Off Asgard) (Neutral place)

IAmInEvitable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By IAmInEvitable

@eternaldarkfury said:

Surtur disagrees and Thanos wins

I literally came back to my post specifically to edit that in. Thanos isn't even remotely close to Surtur with the eternal flame.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'll go with Thanos here.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela can win if she maintain a distance & spam blades if she going in close it'll go either way.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won't to point out that Hela spears couldn't pierce Thor's armor, I doubt they'll pierce Thanos armor.

Sushmita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some are saying that hela is weak outside Asgard. She stopped mjolnir without even trying and broke it on earth.That was much better than thanos who was trying to avoid hits from mjolnir and was sent flying by Captain with mjolnir. Even kurse is stronger than thanos.

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

I won't to point out that Hela spears couldn't pierce Thor's armor, I doubt they'll pierce Thanos armor.

She pierced Thor's armor numerous times.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b
deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Magneto1995

I think Hela wins this fight 6/10 times.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela shatters Thanos' head just like Mjolnir.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela has healing so he wouldn't beat her on Asgard even if he's stronger.

Better question: who's faster and more skilled?

Avatar image for newyorkjetsarecool
newyorkjetsarecool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomps

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know about it being on Asgard, but in most places Thanos would win.

el-kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On Asgard hela should win without much problem,

Off Asgard thanos could win

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hela, quite easily

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what i've seen asgard will give her the win as she's too powerful, but off asgard technically speaking we gotta know how powerful she will be. If she is as powerful as we saw as her powers weren't fully complete. She could take a 50 50 against him as she is just as skilled as he was and has range power as well, but it'd be a close fight

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diydeath: Captain marvel overpowered a Thanos that had fought a lot of people and had taken damage while he was using 1 hand and she was using 2. Also he was weakened by wearing the gauntlet, hulk dropped to his knees just putting it in meanwhile Thanos was fighting with it on...

TheGodblast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela kills him, physically or with weapons.

Dude don't realize she overpowered Thor and threw him around like a baseball with just one hand, just one, while Thor was trying to use his whole body to get free.

She got mere few second KOs from the two strongest of lightnings, didn't even show any visible damage. Thanos fucking went down for like 2 seconds from the tiny lightning Cap produced. Was getting thrown around like a ball, and Hela broke that piece of metal into dozen of smaller ones.

Thanos dies. Plane and simple.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela. I just don’t see Thanos beating her without any Infinity Gems

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namebk said:
@slimj87d said:

I have compared the strikes she did and images of Thor later with his armor marked, but not pierced or slashed through. Do you have some images to share? If so, please do. I'm open to learning.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela would beat Thanos anywhere quite easily. Her swords would cut through him like tissue paper. If we use her feat of breaking Thor's hammer, she literally crushes Thanos.

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:
@namebk said:
@slimj87d said:

I have compared the strikes she did and images of Thor later with his armor marked, but not pierced or slashed through. Do you have some images to share? If so, please do. I'm open to learning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mHaq88BAV4 0:15 she stabs him in the back .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv3-G1k8VFY 2:04 slashes him in the stomach.

Multiple times on the bridge during their final encounter as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0b495e7009f
deactivated-5d0b495e7009f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela with mid difficulty. He cannot block her blades from distance

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By slimj87d

@namebk said:
@slimj87d said:
@namebk said:
@slimj87d said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv3-G1k8VFY 2:04 slashes him in the stomach.

But when he goes visits Odin, he's missing an eye and the slash on his stomach looks present, but it's a marking. When they show his back, we don't see anything, it made me wonder where she stabbed him since we can't see it. Later when she hurls spears at him, one hits his chest (he does break the top) and later it just shows a marking on his chest.

These are scenes I did look at but can't confirm they went through. No blood is present and you can't see through the armor at any point.

Sorry if I sound cynical, I'm open to her piercing his armor. I have no favoritism for Thanos or Hela.

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Namebk

@slimj87d said:
@namebk said:
@slimj87d said:
@namebk said:
@slimj87d said:

f2:04 slashes him in the stomach.

But when he goes visits Odin, he's missing an eye and the slash on his stomach looks present, but it's a marking. When they show his back, we don't see anything, it made me wonder where she stabbed him since we can't see it. Later when she hurls spears at him, one hits his chest (he does break the top) and later it just shows a marking on his chest.

These are scenes I did look at but can't confirm they went through. No blood is present and you can't see through the armor at any point.

Sorry if I sound cynical, I'm open to her piercing his armor. I have no favoritism for Thanos or Hela.

If he wasn't piercd he wouldn't been in pain which you can clearly see by the expression on his face that's why he is holding his stomach. There would have been sparks of some sort from the blade hitting his armor. With that said it's fine if you think either wins I was just pointing out the armor percing.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namebk: If you look at the back, you can slide and stab on the inside through the shoulder areas quite easily. She could have slid the dagger inside and cut him.

Perhaps she did stab and slash him, but this being a PG-13 movie, they didn't want to show blood fly out of the main hero. I'll try and take closer looks later, but the only stab she might have got was from behind him maybe. Everything else just left markings from what I can see.

I'll accept that she could have pierced the armor from the back, but her spears and slashes didn't seem to go through. So she'll still have a real hard time cutting a fully armored up Thanos.

But I just realized this fight takes place in Asgard where she can summon mountain sized spears and hurl them at Mach speeds (traveling from the bridge to the mountains in a second). So she should win handily.

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins fairly easily. She can't pierce his armor (Stormbreaker couldn't even do that), her blades can't hit him due to Thanos super sonic reaction time, and Thanos can just one shot her with his sword. Hela has no chance. Also Hela doesn't spam multiple blades when she's fighting one on one and she's only used her big blades against Surtur who was taller than Asgard's mountains.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@davidharewood14: Uh yeah he can. He blocked 6 of Iron Man's repulsors by just spinning his sword super fast. He also can just dodge them like he dodged Mjnoir twice.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate.

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a close one for sure, but I'll back Thanos. His armour is durable enough to resist Hela's basic blades for a while, and I'd argue he's got an advantage at CQC range. It's going to be hard for him to do significant damage to Hela, but if he eventually manages to decap her with his sword, that's game. Hela can probably get a few wins though, especially if she utilises her big blades more effectively.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins fairly easily. She can't pierce his armor (Stormbreaker couldn't even do that), her blades can't hit him due to Thanos super sonic reaction time, and Thanos can just one shot her with his sword. Hela has no chance. Also Hela doesn't spam multiple blades when she's fighting one on one and she's only used her big blades against Surtur who was taller than Asgard's mountains.

We can't assume this part in bold. She might only go one on one if she thinks she has the clear advantage or hails down mountain size spears when she knows she has to up her game. That's a in character assumption we'd be making.

She's in Asgard, she heals near instantly and constantly. I imagine fighting Thanos for awhile would push her physically to the point where she'd up her game.

Really, my main problem is the Deus Ex Machina affect of her being in Asgard. We know that destroying all of Asgard will stop her for sure. But nothing seemed to show you could stop her otherwise. Maybe a head decapitation?

If OP agrees that a head decapitation will work, and she'd fight the fight H2H initially, I'd favor Thanos.

DoA219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DoA219

Hela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: Ofc we can. When she fought Thor and that one Warrior's 3 dude she just used one blade at one time. She didn't spam them the way she did against the Asgardian army when they were ganging up on her.

It's an assumption thinking she would spam more blades against Thanos when on screen evidence suggest she's does certain things in certain situations.

She's never come back from severed limbs and due to Cap's shield being more durable than Hela herself, I see nothing to suggest one quick slice doesn't just end her there and then.

Yeah, Thanos can just cut her head off. She's very easy to pierce and Thanos sword is definitely above any regular Asgardian sword there is. They're fatal mistake was using tiny swords to stab her with. Thanos has a sword almost has big as himself that can cut pure Vibranium into pieces like he's cutting off the sides of a PBJ.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: Ofc we can. When she fought Thor and that one Warrior's 3 dude she just used one blade at one time. She didn't spam them the way she did against the Asgardian army when they were ganging up on her.

It's an assumption thinking she would spam more blades against Thanos when on screen evidence suggest she's does certain things in certain situations.

She's never come back from severed limbs and due to Cap's shield being more durable than Hela herself, I see nothing to suggest one quick slice doesn't just end her there and then.

Yeah, Thanos can just cut her head off. She's very easy to pierce and Thanos sword is definitely above any regular Asgardian sword there is. They're fatal mistake was using tiny swords to stab her with. Thanos has a sword almost has big as himself that can cut pure Vibranium into pieces like he's cutting off the sides of a PBJ.

Could she have approached them H2H because she knows she's far superior to any Asgardian that exist? We know when she saw Sutar, she decided to use her full power. Also, I'm going to argue that Thanos underestimates his opponents also. He didn't twist and kill BP or punch Cap hard enough to explode his head or snap Hulk's neck. I'm not going to use that and say he'd play it easy on Hela.

Are we going to agree that they're both going to go all out or are they going to do what they did in the movies and underestimate their opponents?

That's a fair point about her losing a limb. But she's stronger and more durable than Thor. Faster and more agile than Captain America. I think that will help her survive and gauge Thano's capabilities. She'd know by dodging blocking just one of his swings to not underestimate him.

I'm going to argue that in the event they go H2H, she's going to feel his power immediately. Her skills, speed, durability and agility are clearly enough for her to survive the first strike or two from Thanos.

TL;DR: I'll agree that if she continues to go H2H and win it H2H, and if she's decapitated she loses. Lets both agree on this point. But what if she goes all out, summons a mountain to carry herself sky high and launches spears at mach speeds like she did at Sutar? I don't see Thanos winning this scenario. If this is win by any means, at worse he'd eventually get flung into the ocean and BFR off the waterfall of Asgard.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: Her regular blades wouldn't do any damage to Surtur tho. He's too big and way bigger than Thanos. It makes sense why she started to use bigger one's because he wouldn't even feel her regulars not that he felt her big ones too but that's besides the point.

I don't think Thanos underestimates his opponents as much as I believe he knows he can beat people without having to kill them. Then again you could say anybody can beat someone without having to kill them lol

According to the battle rules both are in character.

I don't actually think Hela is all that durable as much as I think she has a nice healing factor.

Sure she might be faster than Cap but Thanos is definitely faster than her. He disarmed Thor with Stormbreaker in like 1 second. His combat and reaction speed is very good.

I don't know about that. Thor is more durable than Hela by feats and Thanos busted up his face and made him dizzy after only 3 punches. In fact he probably made him bleed from punch 1. Thanos also KO'd Hulk in under like 11 seconds and he has good durability feats too.

Thanos has at least super sonic reaction time so I see him easily dodging her spikes.

Etherious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Thanos

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: Her regular blades wouldn't do any damage to Surtur tho. He's too big and way bigger than Thanos. It makes sense why she started to use bigger one's because he wouldn't even feel her regulars not that he felt her big ones too but that's besides the point.

I don't think Thanos underestimates his opponents as much as I believe he knows he can beat people without having to kill them. Then again you could say anybody can beat someone without having to kill them lol

According to the battle rules both are in character.

Understood. But I think the debate is, what's in character for them? Hela might have approached the Asgardians because she knows what they're capable of and didn't care to go 100%. She saw Surtur (just looked up how to spell his name, lol), knew she was out of her league and went all out. I think just going H2H with Thanos with just one strike she'll know physically she's no match. Question is, what does she do? Go 100% or just let herself get owned?

I don't actually think Hela is all that durable as much as I think she has a nice healing factor.

Thor blasted her and I think she recovered better than the Hulk did. But fair point, her healing factor is something that would aid her in slashes and stabs.

Sure she might be faster than Cap but Thanos is definitely faster than her. He disarmed Thor with Stormbreaker in like 1 second. His combat and reaction speed is very good.

I don't think Fat Thor is as strong and agile as a fit Thor. For sure being fat would limit his mobility.

I don't know about that. Thor is more durable than Hela by feats and Thanos busted up his face and made him dizzy after only 3 punches. In fact he probably made him bleed from punch 1. Thanos also KO'd Hulk in under like 11 seconds and he has good durability feats too.

Thanos has at least super sonic reaction time so I see him easily dodging her spikes.

The thing about the spikes, if you look how large they are and how fast they can travel, they'd cause a shock wave if they landed anywhere near you. They're moving 1000s of feet per a second, I'd estimate at mach speeds.

I'll say Thanos cuts her apart H2H, but if she goes all out, he'll have trouble, won't be able to close the distance and will get hurt eventually or BFR'd by the giant huge spikes she can throw.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: For Hela I think in character is how she fights certain opponents. One on one she'll use one blade to attack and then another to see what happens next. Against armies she spams tons of them at once. And against people as big as Surtur she starts bringing out the big ones.

For Thanos I'm convinced the only time he's been out of character is when he threw the moon at the Titan team in IW. Other than that nothing indicates he would do something he normally doesn't.

I don't think she'll try to H2H Thanos at first until she sees him blocking or dodging her blades. I don't even think her regulars blades can even pierce his chest armor. A slash from Stormbreaker just made some sparks fly.

She'll probably start using the big blades once she sees she can't beat Thanos in H2H and her regular blades won't work. But she might already be dead before it comes to that. Remember Thanos would still have his sword with him.

The thing with fat and slim Thor is was Thor ever fast to begin with? I mean, how many people have debated if Thor in general wether MCU or his comic book counterpart was fast?

How strong are her spikes? When Cap throws his shield at Thanos he casually sends it back and his shield is pretty strong. It seems like her regular blades destroy pretty easily when they got thrown at ships. Is there really any reason why Thanos couldn't just start swatting them away with his sword? Their super skinny too.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Up close, Thanos is more skilled than Hela who was outskilled by Thor. He has a blade that can possibly decap Hela and can block repulsor blasts with it. Hela's large blades may be too much, but the small ones can be blocked, and definitely blocked if Thanos spins the sword. Hela's regen will be an issue though bc any strikes that don't take off a limb probably won't do lasting damage. Not sure who's stronger, both overpowered Thor. Now while Thor was different for each of them, one was lighting charged and agile Thor, the other was Stormbreaker and Mjolnir dual wielding Thor who was more sluggish. Not sure which Thor was really superior. If Hela can break Thanos' sword, she definitely wins. If not, this will be a tough fight for both. Thanos' blade is just a non-magically enhanced Stormbreaker class weapon. Probably less energy resistant (doubt Stormbreaker would be damaged by Wanda with the same amount of effort), but it can block it and cut the strongest metal on Earth fairly easily. Since Hela uses physical projectiles, I'm not sure she'd just cut through Thanos' defense, and the skill gap is apparent, although Hela can spin more easily (but that's more due to stats). Thanos was using technique or strategy against anyone giving him trouble, and in extreme cases outside help, but Hela also would have trouble if engulfed in Wanda's tk energy. I think Thanos can take it with a lot of trouble, though Hela will eventually surpass him if she continues to draw energy from Asgard. Thanos will run out of stamina before she does in a long drawn out fight. But Thanos with the blade has a slight edge unless Hela can actually break it like Mjolnir. But seeing how she didn't break Gungnir, she may not be able to break weapons of a higher class like Stormbreaker, Gungnir, and Thanos' blade. Cap using Mjolnir really highlighted how much less damage it does in comparison to Stormbreaker, to the point Thanos could take a spinning strike to the chin and get up while being decapitated by Stormbreaker with no resistance. Leaning Thanos, but he'll have to pull out every trick he has and one mistake can mean serious damage from the blades. Thanos' armor does resist Wanda's tk slightly, but enough that I'd say it's comparable to vibranium, so while my analysis before is assuming blades can pass through the armor, if the armor and not just the sword can stop blades from Hela, he has a much better chance. His reaction time is already good enough to block blades like how he took on the three main Avengers without getting tagged until Mjolnir Cap started dishing out combos. But that was mostly due to Mjolnir's speed being better than a swing from Thanos, not really a failure in reaction time. This fight really depends on how good Thanos' gear really is, bc he already has better skill (not rusty like a recently freed Hela) and seemingly better reaction time than Hela. And in cqc, he has better range (and he can close the distance between them by spinning his blade and moving forward like he did to Iron Man).