Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@ashrym said:
@bones309 said:
@ashrym said:

@bones309: There's a difference between fire, and fire hot enough to instantly incinerate bodies.

Someone ask for fire feats….I gave them. Really he was hit with military level weapons. If Hawkeye's arrow is comparable to a white phosphorus grenade it can reach temperatures of 5,070 °F. We cremate people at only about 1,800 °F. What good would these weapons be if they couldn't burn up a human? The weapon Colson used also put a giant hole in the wall of the helicarrier.

It's always the same with these Marvel Loki fights. So far we've seen Loki survive a LOT. Much of it in 24 hour period. We've yet to see anything really damage him to any real level. It's taken the Hulk beating him mercilessly just to get him to give up. Even after being slammed around by a guy who tears tanks apart he at best had a few scratches at the end of that movie.

It takes 2-3 hours to cremate people at those temperatures as opposed to instantly, and there's no indication of maximum temperature white phosphorus in the exploding arrow. You're stretching for an unmeasured feat for the extreme while I'm showing the minimum temperatures for El Diablo to instantly incinerate a body. I don't know the temperatures he required for the bones but it's hotter than the crematorium's hours of burning.

Show me those arrows instantly incinerating a body or something similar, or better, if you want to make the comparison of which is hotter. El Diablo can also transform into a fire god. It's been noted in other threads, but that came which a superhuman upgrade in strength and durability as well. It's not just the insane temperatures from one of fire feats.

Honestly, I just looked at the arrows as being similar to a grenade. So I googled the temps. for that vs incinerating a body. The arrow does appear to blow apart the advance alien craft that Loki is flying on. It's hard to see in the split seconds it takes place but it appears like it's broken in two at least. Loki is also hit by Thor's lightning in the first movie. Lightning can reach over 50,000 °F.

So far as I've said, we've yet to see anything damage Loki short of the Hulk and even that didn't do much. He's taken explosives to the face. That weapon that Colson hit him with he states was made after the Destroyer was sent. So it was designed with a large armored target in mind. So really we can speculate about somethings but until we see something truly hurt him all we have is that he has ton of durability feats that show him to be next to impossible to put down.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309: Maybe a prolonged hit of lightning would start to burn, but people have been struck and survived lightning irl.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

Loki and its not close.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki has no fire resistance feats

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:

@bones309: Has Thor's lighting ever melted, burned, or lit anything on fire?

Honestly, I don't know but I don't see how that matters.

@bones309: Maybe a prolonged hit of lightning would start to burn, but people have been struck and survived lightning irl.

People who survive lightning generally don't get directly hit by it. They also tend to get seriously burned. We are talking about heat resistance here.

Loki has no fire resistance feats

I've already posted Loki getting hit by fire from weapons and explosions.

Most of this seems to just fall under nit picking at this point. Like I said, Loki has been hit with explosives, lightning, experiential weapons, gun fire, super beings, etc. Much of this in roughly a 24 hour period. We've seen little to nothing do much damage to him. It's kinda pointless to argue unless you can show me him being harmed by what you think will harm him.

Can I add, what is Loki's costume made of? Seriously, that costume takes a beating too.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

@bones309: i think is costume is probably some enchanted Asgardian shit... thats the only way itd make sense so its head canon to me

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends how fast diablo goes into deity mode. I think the Fire spirit diablo is strong enough to kill or incap Loki from incinerating people and damaging incubus. I think Diablo wins the first round, and they both have a 50/50 shot at the second round.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309: he still hasn't had a prolonged exposure to heat. He's getting fried. Normal people have been struck by lightning directly and have survived

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't see diablo surviving the god of mischief.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki and it's not even close.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He hasn't shown prolonged exposure to heat? Has diablo survived the assault If Loki can put on him not likely diabolo wouldn't survive seeing through the first illusion dont have Any durability featss to speak of

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75: his illusions are just basically holograms nd diablo has incinerated a yard full of inmates instantaneously. His illusions are useless

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75: What kind of damage can Loki even do that beats anything Incubus did?

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wasnt the destroyer vaporizing frost giants? Loki also tanked the bifrost explosion, and has Special knives that one can harm Thor and oneshot frost giants and dark elves.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By destinyman75

@ashrym: true but Loki is THE master of illusions so will likewise take a minute or so to see them by then will be too late Loki has far better durability feats he easily has this. Round two is a stomp due to spear and and infinity gem

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ashrym said:

@bones309:You don't see how the claim that the lighting is producing such intense heat matters if it's never been shown to produce intense heat?

Because actual lightning does produce intense heat? Just because we're dealing with fiction doesn't necessarily mean we throw science out the window.

Has Thor's lighting ever melted, burned, or lit anything on fire?

Yes, he has scorched chitauri soldiers in the first Avengers film. You can see burned holes through their bodies.

However, I can't say whether Thor was going all out against Loki with his lightning. Because he does care about him and could be holding back.

TheAmazingYOLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki has no feats that suggest he can tank fire waves which can instantaneously incinerate several human bodies. We're talking nuclear bomb levels of raw heat needed to instantly incinerate people.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#72  Edited By Heatblaze

@ashrym said:

@heatblaze123: Scorch marks are hardly indicative of the heat people are claiming from the lighting,

Explain why. And it's lightning, not lighting.

however. It's not something that indicates Ironman's armor is capable of resisting high temperatures, which is my point.

Regardless that it was a capable of absorbing it?

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki has no feats that suggest he can tank fire waves which can instantaneously incinerate several human bodies. We're talking nuclear bomb levels of raw heat needed to instantly incinerate people.

umm…first off, the human body isn't that durable. Napalm will incinerate a body. Our military has a bunch of weapons that will do that. Drone strikes do it. We have weapon designed for advanced armored vehicles. The weapons for them will melt human's like butter.

Second and more relevent is the weapon that Colson used against Loki. It was designed after the Destroyer showed up. So it was designed with armor in mind. Not very weak flesh. It hit's Loki dead on. You'll see flames first off in front of Loki but also BURSTING through the wall in the part of the SHEILD hellicarier designed to hold the HULK.

So it's flames that burn up humans vs flames destroying walls in an advanced holding area designed with Hulk level beings.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Eldorian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero:

@lukehero said:
@monsterstomp said:

@lukehero: Hardly a tank. People get confused when arguing durability. "Loki tanks a prototype weapon" for example, when obviously he wasn't taken out by it. "Loki tanks a mauling from Hulk", when obviously he was out for the count. Just seems unnecessarily exaggerated.

To me a tank is "took it without major injury". A no sell is"didn't make a scratch or even bother". I don't think the word tank has ever meant didn't hurt. Bullets technically "hurt" most versions of Wolverine, but most versions can tank them. When it comes to feats like his Hulk feat I usually say survived...and wasn't knocked out. When I think of a KO, I think of being put to sleep...

This is also my definition of tank and no sell. No sell is when you don't even bother to cover up, just ignore the attack. Like what Loki did to the small arms fire, or Black Panther did to heavy machine gun fire. Tank is when you get hit by something, are affected by it, but not disabled. An attack you can tank is capable of doing chip damage, but an attack you no sell isn't.

On the discussion at hand, Loki no sells small arms fire, tanks Captain America, Hawkeye's arrow, and Coulson's prototype energy gun. He is TKOd by the Hulk. You don't need to be asleep to be KO'd. Who knows if Loki is even capable of being KO'd; maybe Frost Giants don't lose consciousness short of death. But he was disabled for an extended period by the Hulk.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erm...

Loading Video...

Stalemate or Loki for the first round because Loki doesn't have any H2H feats without his daggers and his upper strength limits are unknown, we just know he can physically humiliate Captain America. El Diablo gets one-shotted in the second round by a dagger toss from Loki.

SS characters are not that powerful, ED and Incubus got killed by a mine/bomb in his ultimate form for crying out loud. Hawkeye/Iron Man can replicate that scene x1000.

Adriusus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Loki wins both rounds.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Demonablo probably could, base Diablo... Not so sure.