CAV: ComicStooge vs Lvenger - VOTING IS NOW OPEN

• 62 results
GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I'm going to give it to Lvenger. He effectively demonstrated Silver Surfer's energy manipulation. Looking at the Source Wall manipulation feat it shows Henshaw controlling the giant constructs not the energy itself.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Expertly debated on both sides. very very close but I think I'm going to give my vote to Lvenger.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@lvenger said:

@comicstooge: An excellent reply mate! Sorry for replying so late, I've been out volunteering at a manor house today so I was back late. In any case, I agree with the sentiment and shall now edit the thread to indicate that voting is open along with bringing in some voters. This was an excellent debate that I thoroughly enjoyed participating in. Best of luck to you in the votes!

I had an awesome time too, dude. Good luck to you, as well!

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By NeonGameWave

This was amazing!! Both of you did an astounding job and I feel as though it might as well be a stalemate just based on how good the both of you did within the representation of your characters, but although this was extremely hard to decide my vote goes to @lvenger.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After a first quick look, no clear winner. I have to read it again, in detail.

(I assumed at the beginning that it was a mismatch in favor of SS.Obviously I was wrong)

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Just read through the entire debate. First off, props to both of you @comicstooge @lvenger for delivering one of the best CaVs we've seen on these boards in a while. I've been keeping track of this one from the start, and seeing the two of you go back and forth was nothing short of fun. You two should be proud, especially with the standard of politeness you two kept even when debating; it reminds me of how veterans refer to the Battles boards as being more of learning about characters, rather than just winning arguments.

But as for who wins, I'm going to have to go with @lvenger. I thought that ComicStooge started out really strong with Cyborg Superman, putting up a feasible argument for how he could win, and all those scans he threw in the middle really swayed my opinion onto CSuperman's side. But then Lvenger came back towards the end with some really solid rebuttals on those scans, as well as emphasizing Surfer's advantages. In the end, CS' counterarguments didn't quite win me over.

But still, as I said before, really good job on both sides.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#57  Edited By Lvenger

So far, the votes are 2 for stalemate and 4 votes in my favour. Hopefully, some voters will recognise the intuitive awesomeness of my opponent's arguments.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, I'm not familiar with the rules.

How do I vote if I found that @comicstooge arguments were as good as @lvenger ones but that he didn't convince me that SS would lose a majority of the battles (but I'm totally biased here, I knew all SS feats already and very very few of Cyborg's one).

I believe that it should be a vote only on the quality of the debaters, no?

In that case, I would vote stalemate.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr: The only 'rule' is to vote for who you thought was the better debater in the debate and if you think it's a stalemate, well that's the right answer.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ComicStooge

@veshark said:

Just read through the entire debate. First off, props to both of you @comicstooge @lvenger for delivering one of the best CaVs we've seen on these boards in a while. I've been keeping track of this one from the start, and seeing the two of you go back and forth was nothing short of fun. You two should be proud, especially with the standard of politeness you two kept even when debating; it reminds me of how veterans refer to the Battles boards as being more of learning about characters, rather than just winning arguments.

But as for who wins, I'm going to have to go with @lvenger. I thought that ComicStooge started out really strong with Cyborg Superman, putting up a feasible argument for how he could win, and all those scans he threw in the middle really swayed my opinion onto CSuperman's side. But then Lvenger came back towards the end with some really solid rebuttals on those scans, as well as emphasizing Surfer's advantages. In the end, CS' counterarguments didn't quite win me over.

But still, as I said before, really good job on both sides.

Thanks. :)

@lvenger: You think we've waited long enough to declare you the victor?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Um, I guess? The votes are unfairly positioned on my side so on that basis, I guess I am the victor. Though it was a terrific debate man and you put up a helluva good argument that was difficult to counter. The scores don't fully reflect how close our debate was.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ComicStooge

@lvenger said:

@comicstooge: Um, I guess? The votes are unfairly positioned on my side so on that basis, I guess I am the victor. Though it was a terrific debate man and you put up a helluva good argument that was difficult to counter. The scores don't fully reflect how close our debate was.

Thanks man, I thought it was pretty close to.

I'll try and even out our win/loss ratio in the Kraven vs Captain America match. >:)