• 130 results
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By King_Saturn

Does Bronze Tiger stand a chance against Taskmaster ? Have you guys done this fight already ?

Avatar image for akira_overdrive
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Akira Overdrive

This is really a no brainer...sorry...Taskmaster.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I say Taskmaster.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By King_Saturn

Akira Overdrive says:

"This is really a no brainer...sorry...Taskmaster."

Wow. Even if its Taskmaster without the Photographic Reflexes ?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

King Saturn says:

"Akira Overdrive says:

Wow. Even if its Taskmaster without the Photographic Reflexes ? "

without those he's not Taskmaster lol.

Avatar image for midnight_lantern
Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Midnight Lantern

Taskmaster. No Problem.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Static Shock

Midnight Lantern says:

"Taskmaster. No Problem."

It's not gonna be that easy.

I'm gonna say Bronze Tiger, because he actually has extensive martial arts experience, unlike Tasky, IMO. And, with this fight, Tasky would have to learn BT's moves on the go, because he's never encountered him before. On top of that, because Bronze Tiger's martial skills are extensive, he probably has moves that Tasky has never seen. The same goes for Bronze Tiger.

Also, just because Tasky has photographic reflexes doesn't mean he can win this.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Static Shock says:

"Midnight Lantern says:

It's not gonna be that easy.

I'm gonna say Bronze Tiger, because he actually has extensive martial arts experience, unlike Tasky, IMO. And, with this fight, Tasky would have to learn BT's moves on the go, because he's never encountered him before. On top of that, because Bronze Tiger's martial skills are extensive, he probably has moves that Tasky has never seen. The same goes for Bronze Tiger.

Also, just because Tasky has photographic reflexes doesn't mean he can win this. "

Not sure who wins. I'll have to think about it. But I like this post.

Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Midnight Lantern

Static Shock says:

"Midnight Lantern says:
It's not gonna be that easy. I'm gonna say Bronze Tiger, because he actually has extensive martial arts experience, unlike Tasky, IMO. And, with this fight, Tasky would have to learn BT's moves on the go, because he's never encountered him before. On top of that, because Bronze Tiger's martial skills are extensive, he probably has moves that Tasky has never seen. The same goes for Bronze Tiger. Also, just because Tasky has photographic reflexes doesn't mean he can win this. "

Well, Taskmaster has beaten alot of people in his day I.E. Moon Knight, Spider-Man and others. He also has weapons to help him in this fight, Were as BT just as his fists (If I'm not mistaken)...

Tasky has Web Slingers, Cap's Shield, Daredevil Billy Clubs, etc etc.

Now, I don't see it as a "Ha ha, I'm Taskmaster I owned you" Type win. But I think in the end, Task has enough skill to pull out a win against BT.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Static Shock

Midnight Lantern says:

Well, Taskmaster has beaten alot of people in his day I.E. Moon Knight, Spider-Man and others. He also has weapons to help him in this fight, Were as BT just as his fists (If I'm not mistaken)...Tasky has Web Slingers, Cap's Shield, Daredevil Billy Clubs, etc etc.Now, I don't see it as a "Ha ha, I'm Taskmaster I owned you" Type win. But I think in the end, Task has enough skill to pull out a win against BT."

Bronze Tiger has beaten Batman (who has weapons at his disposal), and I didn't even use that to support my argument. Who you beat means nothing. Bronze Tiger's fists and feet may be enough. And, he's a professional assassin. He's a weapon himself.

Last I heard, Tasky didn't really have skills of his own.
Post Edited:2008-04-16 21:59:47

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zee crusher

Taskmaster wins. Bronze tiger strong and all but taskmaster is very very very smart. He's done somethings that he shouldn't be ale to do. When in one comic he took down three giants. When I say giant I mean like henry pym goes tall. Anyway he took them down with one toss of shield.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I've heard other people say, "Taskmaster doesn't have his own skills" and they use it as a negative. Obviously he doesn't need his own skills. He's been shown to beat people who are masters of a skill/style (like Cat). I know Buckshot believes theres a separation between when Tasky switches from using (insert characters name here) style to another. I say differently. I say he can throw his shield like Cap, transition into a flip like Daredevil, deliver a kick like a ninja, land and catch the shield like U.S. Agent all in one move. To me that is a skill only Taskmaster has.
Post Edited:2008-04-16 22:37:58

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Static Shock

Gambler says:

"I've heard other people say, "Taskmaster doesn't have his own skills" and they use it as a negative. Obviously he doesn't need his own skills. He's been shown to beat people who are masters of a skill/style (like Cat). I know Buckshot believes theres a separation between when Tasky switches from using (insert characters name here) style to another. I say differently. I say he can throw his shield like Cap, transition into a flip like Daredevil, deliver a kick like a ninja, land and catch the shield like U.S. Agent all in one move. To me that is a skill only Taskmaster has.
Post Edited:2008-04-16 22:37:58"

So, his skills pertain to using skills that he learned from others, but in one move or one unique style. I can see that.

Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Midnight Lantern

Gambler says:

"I've heard other people say, "Taskmaster doesn't have his own skills" and they use it as a negative. Obviously he doesn't need his own skills. He's been shown to beat people who are masters of a skill/style (like Cat). I know Buckshot believes theres a separation between when Tasky switches from using (insert characters name here) style to another. I say differently. I say he can throw his shield like Cap, transition into a flip like Daredevil, deliver a kick like a ninja, land and catch the shield like U.S. Agent all in one move. To me that is a skill only Taskmaster has.

Good post.

Ketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ketch

Gambler says:

"I know Buckshot believes theres a separation between when Tasky switches from using (insert characters name here) style to another. I say differently. I say he can throw his shield like Cap, transition into a flip like Daredevil, deliver a kick like a ninja, land and catch the shield like U.S. Agent all in one move. To me that is a skill only Taskmaster has."

I don't think you know quite what I think of Taskmaster. In regards to what you pictured TM doing there, I don't disagree with that.

Avatar image for the_king_of_kings
The King of Kings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ketch says:

"Gambler says:
"I know Buckshot believes theres a separation between when Tasky switches from using (insert characters name here) style to another. I say differently. I say he can throw his shield like Cap, transition into a flip like Daredevil, deliver a kick like a ninja, land and catch the shield like U.S. Agent all in one move. To me that is a skill only Taskmaster has."

I don't think you know quite what I think of Taskmaster. In regards to what you pictured TM doing there, I don't disagree with that. "

My bad, I thought we had a similar discussion in the, "Taskmaster vs Black Panther" debate. Maybe I misunderstood what you where saying then.

Ketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ketch

Possibly, but it's not terribly important.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By King_Saturn

Vance Astro says:

"King Saturn says:
"Akira Overdrive says:
without those he's not Taskmaster lol."

King Saturn bangs head against table real hard

Damn. I knew it. I heard someone say that he lost his photographic reflexes.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By King_Saturn

Lord Doom says:

"King Saturn says:
"Vance Astro says:
"King Saturn says:
"Akira Overdrive says:
***King Saturn bangs head against table real hard*** Damn. I knew it. I heard someone say that he lost his photographic reflexes. "
I think he was saying that if you take them away then he's not Taskmaster..not that he actually doesn't have them."

Ah I see.

Lord Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lord Doom

King Saturn says:

"Vance Astro says:
"King Saturn says:
"Akira Overdrive says:

King Saturn bangs head against table real hard

Damn. I knew it. I heard someone say that he lost his photographic reflexes. "

I think he was saying that if you take them away then he's not Taskmaster..not that he actually doesn't have them.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Lol. Taskmaster still has his PR.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By King_Saturn

Gambler says:

"Lol. Taskmaster still has his PR."

Yeah. I just checked a couple of Marvel sites. Taskmaster does still have his PR. But I dont think Taskmaster runs through Bronze Tiger easy.

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Gambler says:

Excellent post. There seems to be a degree of...distaste for Taskmaster because he hasn't had to 'work' for his skills. I can appreciate that position, since I also tend to look down on him sometimes because his skills aren't 'authentic', but his methods don't diminish his effectiveness. Taskmaster isn't just a machine that regurgitates other people's talents; he has fused them into his own style, which is more than just the sum of its parts.

Edit: Another consideration...what about all the little extra talents he's gotten over the years, like Bullseye's accuracy and that bullet catching trick? Things like that could be the difference between victory and defeat in a battle like this.
Post Edited:2008-04-17 01:41:46

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By POHOCOM

Bronze Tiger's undefeated. Taskmaster is not. Bronze Tiger handled Deathstroke. Taskmaster is not Deathstroke. Bronze Tiger is a FIGHTER at heart. Taskmaster is a TEACHER at heart. I go with BT.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Ghostshell

You always do that. There are alot of reasons why characters win and lose fights in comics. Sometimes its bad writing, sometimes its plot. Your win lose record doesn't determine who can beat who. Taskmaster is a Mercenary at heart who found he could make more money with less risk as a teacher. And since when is BT undefeated? lol he just got owned by Vixen in the JLA vs Suicide Squad issue.

But, if you wanna go that route, Taskmaster beat Spiderman (twice).

Spiderman > Deathstroke

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Static Shock

It's funny, because we always have to tell the same people the same thing (Whether it be about bad writing, win/lose record of a character from comics having nothing to do with debates, etc, etc). Over and over. It's like nobody (except for those who know what they're talking about 24/7. Not gonna say names) listens around here. Now I see why I don't come around the Vine as much.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Ghostshell

POHOCOM says:

"Static Shock says:
"It's funny, because we always have to tell the same people the same thing (Whether it be about bad writing, win/lose record of a character from comics having nothing to do with debates, etc, etc). Over and over. It's like nobody (except for those who know what they're talking about 24/7. Not gonna say names) listens around here. Now I see why I don't come around the Vine as much."

Seems like you're always here to me. No one is gonna listen to people who don't know how to read posts. (Not gonna say names.) Those who know how to read, easily recognize those who know what they're talking about. I gave THREE reasons why I thought BT beats Taskmaster. Practice paying attention."

And all but one was wrong, and that one means nothing.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By POHOCOM

Static Shock says:

"It's funny, because we always have to tell the same people the same thing (Whether it be about bad writing, win/lose record of a character from comics having nothing to do with debates, etc, etc). Over and over. It's like nobody (except for those who know what they're talking about 24/7. Not gonna say names) listens around here. Now I see why I don't come around the Vine as much."

Seems like you're always here to me. No one is gonna listen to people who don't know how to read posts. (Not gonna say names.) Those who know how to read, easily recognize those who know what they're talking about. I gave THREE reasons why I thought BT beats Taskmaster. Practice paying attention.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Static Shock

POHOCOM says:

"Seems like you're always here to me. No one is gonna listen to peoplewho don't know how to read posts. (Not gonna say names.) Those who knowhow to read, easily recognize those who know what they're talkingabout. I gave THREE reasons why I thought BT beats Taskmaster. Practicepaying attention."

College takes up most of my time, so I'm not always here. I don't know where you got that from. And, I read your post. You mentioned BT being undefeated (in which he isn't, because he got man-handled by Vixen) and beating Deathstroke, implying that because of those two reasons, he would take Tasky. Those aren't even valid points, because first and foremost, it doesn't matter who beat who in comics and what their win/lose record is. That's something that's been said so many times around here. And, you and the same people keep ignoring it. If you want someone to pay attention, speak for yourself first. Nobody misread what you said.

You must be referring to someone else when you said no one is gonna listen to those who don't know how to read posts, because it wasn't me.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By POHOCOM

Gambler says:

"POHOCOM says:
"Static Shock says:

Seems like you're always here to me. No one is gonna listen to people who don't know how to read posts. (Not gonna say names.) Those who know how to read, easily recognize those who know what they're talking about. I gave THREE reasons why I thought BT beats Taskmaster. Practice paying attention."

And all but one was wrong, and that one means nothing."

Doesn't seem like it. When was BT beaten. Where is Taskmaster a fighter at heart. How is Taskmaster Deathstroke? Again, failure to read. Failure to recognize when someone knows what they're talking about.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Static Shock

POHOCOM says:

Doesn't seem like it. When was BT beaten."

Justice League of America #18. Go buy it and read it.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Static Shock

POHOCOM says:

Where is Taskmaster a fighterat heart.

He doesn't have to be.

POHOCOM says:

How is Taskmaster Deathstroke?

Nobody said that he was, but even if he isn't, so what?

POHOCOM says:

Again, failure to read.Failure to recognize when someone knows what they're talking about."

Shakes his head

Un-f@cking-believable.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Forever

POHOCOM says:

"Doesn't seem like it. When was BT beaten. Where is Taskmaster a fighter at heart. How is Taskmaster Deathstroke? Again, failure to read. Failure to recognize when someone knows what they're talking about."

Are you saying that you know what youre talking about and that they dont?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Static Shock

Forever says:

"Are you saying that you know what youre talking about and that they dont?"

You see, I knew I wasn't the only one.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Ghostshell

POHOCOM says:

"When was BT beaten. "

Gambler says:

" And since when is BT undefeated? lol he just got owned by Vixen in the JLA vs Suicide Squad issue."

Static Shock says:

" You mentioned BT being undefeated (in which he isn't, because he got man-handled by Vixen)"

http://www.comicvine.com/comic/justice-league-of-america/18127/123413/&i=31815

POHOCOM says:

" Where is Taskmaster a fighter at heart. "

I never said he was a fighter at heart. I said this,

Gambler says:

" Taskmaster is a **Mercenary** at heart who found he could make more money with less risk as a teacher."

POHOCOM says:

" How is Taskmaster Deathstroke? "

Who ever said he was? Please show me one post in this entire thread where ANYBODY made that comparison.

Gambler says:

"But, if you wanna go that route, Taskmaster beat Spiderman (twice).Spiderman > Deathstroke"

That’s what I said. Its been there for almost two hours now. Your obsessed with Bronze Tiger defeating Deathstroke, here I’m giving you an example of someone Taskmaster beat. Someone who is, Stronger, Faster, and more Durable then Deathstroke yet you’d rather ignore this and claim I’m not reading your posts. I’ve addressed every weak ass point you came up with. Maybe you should take your own advice and pull your head outta your ass and read the posts.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By POHOCOM

Static Shock says:

"POHOCOM says:
Doesn't seem like it. When was BT beaten."

Justice League of America #18. Go buy it and read it."

I have that comic. I just didn't know we were including MISMATCHES. I would never count Deathstroke's loss to Wonder Woman's as a "loss", in a conversation about his ability against "human level" opposition. Similarly, the Vixen who fought BT had the ability to duplicate the powers of the ENTIRE JUSTICE LEAGUE, and anyone else. Also, the fight was interrupted before a victor emerged, although I will concede that BT probably would have lost had it gone on. My point was that BT is undefeated against human level opponents, while TM is not.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Forever

Perhaps there actually is someone who hasnt been paying attention to what others have been saying.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Ghostshell

POHOCOM says:

"the Vixen who fought BT had the ability to duplicate the powers of the ENTIRE JUSTICE LEAGUE, and anyone else. "

Yet she only used his.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By POHOCOM

Gambler says:

"POHOCOM says:
"When was BT beaten. "

Gambler says:

" And since when is BT undefeated? lol he just got owned by Vixen in the JLA vs Suicide Squad issue."

Static Shock says:

" You mentioned BT being undefeated (in which he isn't, because he got man-handled by Vixen)"

http://www.comicvine.com/comic/justice-league-of-america/18127/123413/&i=31815

POHOCOM says:

" Where is Taskmaster a fighter at heart. "

I never said he was a fighter at heart. I said this,

Gambler says:

" Taskmaster is a **Mercenary** at heart who found he could make more money with less risk as a teacher."

POHOCOM says:

" How is Taskmaster Deathstroke? "

Who ever said he was? Please show me one post in this entire thread where ANYBODY made that comparison.

Gambler says:

"But, if you wanna go that route, Taskmaster beat Spiderman (twice).Spiderman > Deathstroke"

That’s what I said. Its been there for almost two hours now. Your obsessed with Bronze Tiger defeating Deathstroke, here I’m giving you an example of someone Taskmaster beat. Someone who is, Stronger, Faster, and more Durable then Deathstroke yet you’d rather ignore this and claim I’m not reading your posts. I’ve addressed every weak ass point you came up with. Maybe you should take your own advice and pull your head outta your ass and read the posts.

"

You didn't address anything. I'm no more obsessed than you are. Bronze Tiger was not beaten by Vixev because the fight was interrupted. Read the comic. She ADMITS she wanted to end it "before he caught on" and she didn't. Second, Taskmaster has LOST to human level opponents MORE THAN ONCE. You keep ignoring that. Third, Taskmaster has admitted that fighting is not his thing. He ain't got the heart. Even Moon Knight scared the piss out of him. You think these are weak points. Sounds like your obsessed, not me.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By POHOCOM

Gambler says:

"POHOCOM says:
"the Vixen who fought BT had the ability to duplicate the powers of the ENTIRE JUSTICE LEAGUE, and anyone else. "

Yet she only used his.

"

I will concede that she only used his power, even though that may not be the case. Why can't U concede that the fight wasn't over. Vixen herself acknowledged that.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Static Shock

POHOCOM says:

"My point was that BT isundefeated against human level opponents, while TM is not."

You didn't say that. This is what you said....

POHOCOM says:

Bronze Tiger's undefeated. Taskmaster is not.

Make yourself clear next time, rather than showing arrogance. Besides all the other stuff you said, that particular quote you said means nothing. Like I said, before speak for yourself, before you resort to talking sh!t.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By The_Ghostshell

POHOCOM says:

"You didn't address anything. I'm no more obsessed than you are. Bronze Tiger was not beaten by Vixev because the fight was interrupted. Read the comic. She ADMITS she wanted to end it "before he caught on" and she didn't. Second, Taskmaster has LOST to human level opponents MORE THAN ONCE. You keep ignoring that. Third, Taskmaster has admitted that fighting is not his thing. He ain't got the heart. Even Moon Knight scared the piss out of him. You think these are weak points. Sounds like your obsessed, not me."

I have read the comic, she plowed him into a wall and he never came back at her, interrupted or not. Lol, I already addressed the win lose issue (several times) who beat in who in comics means what exactly? Has Bronze Tiger ever beaten someone with Photographic Reflexes? No? Has he ever even faced someone with that ability? No. Has Taskmaster defeated Martial Artists before? Yes. has he defeated characters faster and stronger then Bronze Tiger? Yes.

You keep saying that Taskmasters heart isn't it when in fact if theres money involved it is. (again I've made this point already) what kinda defense does BT have against Taskmaster's ranged attacks? (gun, bow and arrow, shield)

Yes Taskmaster has lost to human level opponents, but as I pointed out, he's defeated Superhuman opponents as well.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By POHOCOM

Static Shock says:

"POHOCOM says:
"My point was that BT isundefeated against human level opponents, while TM is not."

You didn't say that. This is what you said....

POHOCOM says:

Bronze Tiger's undefeated. Taskmaster is not.

Make yourself clear next time, rather than showing arrogance. Besides all the other stuff you said, that particular quote you said means nothing. Like I said, before speak for yourself, before you resort to talking sh!t."

When did I show arrogance? I've only seen arrogance from U. Want a dictionary?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Static Shock

Goodbye, Pohocom...

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By POHOCOM

Gambler says:

"POHOCOM says:
"You didn't address anything. I'm no more obsessed than you are. Bronze Tiger was not beaten by Vixev because the fight was interrupted. Read the comic. She ADMITS she wanted to end it "before he caught on" and she didn't. Second, Taskmaster has LOST to human level opponents MORE THAN ONCE. You keep ignoring that. Third, Taskmaster has admitted that fighting is not his thing. He ain't got the heart. Even Moon Knight scared the piss out of him. You think these are weak points. Sounds like your obsessed, not me."

I have read the comic, she plowed him into a wall and he never came back at her, interrupted or not. Lol, I already addressed the win lose issue (several times) who beat in who in comics means what exactly? Has Bronze Tiger ever beaten someone with Photographic Reflexes? No? Has he ever even faced someone with that ability? No. Has Taskmaster defeated Martial Artists before? Yes. has he defeated characters faster and stronger then Bronze Tiger? Yes.

You keep saying that Taskmasters heart isn't it when in fact if theres money involved it is. (again I've made this point already) what kinda defense does BT have against Taskmaster's ranged attacks? (gun, bow and arrow, shield)

Yes Taskmaster has lost to human level opponents, but as I pointed out, he's defeated Superhuman opponents as well."

Those are all fair points. I'm not saying that TM is a complete coward. But I think we can agree that Tiger has more of a killer instinct. I respect the wins of Taskmaster, but I'm not overlooking his losses. Bronze Tiger is one of those characters I have a hard time seeing losing to human level opposition. As for TM's arsenal? Deathstroke had an arsenal too. So did Batman. No one's beaten BT yet, and I don't think that TM is as good as Batman or Deathstroke.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_Ghostshell

POHOCOM says:

"Those are all fair points. I'm not saying that TM is a complete coward. But I think we can agree that Tiger has more of a killer instinct. I respect the wins of Taskmaster, but I'm not overlooking his losses. Bronze Tiger is one of those characters I have a hard time seeing losing to human level opposition. As for TM's arsenal? Deathstroke had an arsenal too. So did Batman. No one's beaten BT yet, and I don't think that TM is as good as Batman or Deathstroke. "

I have no problem with this post what so ever. I wish you would have started out with something like this in the beginning. Except your still putting to much emphasis on "who beat who" Batman actually fought Bronze Tiger to a draw in their second fight. Match-ups make fights. Like I said, Taskmaster's ability to mimic moves cant be overlooked. As far as not having a killer instinct. If Taskmaster had to kill to survive he would (or if the money was right) His Photographic Reflexes don't just allow him to copy moves, he has a Photographic Memory as well. So with his extensive mental library of Martial Arts moves Bronze Tiger's skills alone aren't going to be enough (in my opinion). His agility and strength can be avoided or defended for awhile. The longer the fight goes on the better the chance Bronze Tiger wins.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By POHOCOM

Gambler says:

"POHOCOM says:
"Those are all fair points. I'm not saying that TM is a complete coward. But I think we can agree that Tiger has more of a killer instinct. I respect the wins of Taskmaster, but I'm not overlooking his losses. Bronze Tiger is one of those characters I have a hard time seeing losing to human level opposition. As for TM's arsenal? Deathstroke had an arsenal too. So did Batman. No one's beaten BT yet, and I don't think that TM is as good as Batman or Deathstroke. "

I have no problem with this post what so ever. I wish you would have started out with something like this in the beginning. Except your still putting to much emphasis on "who beat who" Batman actually fought Bronze Tiger to a draw in their second fight. Match-ups make fights. Like I said, Taskmaster's ability to mimic moves cant be overlooked. As far as not having a killer instinct. If Taskmaster had to kill to survive he would (or if the money was right) His Photographic Reflexes don't just allow him to copy moves, he has a Photographic Memory as well. So with his extensive mental library of Martial Arts moves Bronze Tiger's skills alone aren't going to be enough (in my opinion). His agility and strength can be avoided or defended for awhile. The longer the fight goes on the better the chance Bronze Tiger wins. "

It's true that styles make fights. I gave my original post because in my mind Deathstroke and Taskmaster are SIMILAR. Thats why I made the comparison. It can be fairly argued that they are not so similar, and that how BT fared against Deathstroke means nothing. But, at least give the dialog a chance to take place before pouncing on me! LOL. Interestingly, I disagree with you that the longer it goes the more it favors Tiger. I think a longer fight gives TM the opportunity to learn BT's style more and more. We know how good Vixen was able to do using BT's style. She was winning before the fight was interrupted.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The_Ghostshell

POHOCOM says:

"It's true that styles make fights. I gave my original post because in my mind Deathstroke and Taskmaster are SIMILAR. Thats why I made the comparison. It can be fairly argued that they are not so similar, and that how BT fared against Deathstroke means nothing. But, at least give the dialog a chance to take place before pouncing on me! LOL. Interestingly, I disagree with you that the longer it goes the more it favors Tiger. I think a longer fight gives TM the opportunity to learn BT's style more and more. We know how good Vixen was able to do using BT's style. She was winning before the fight was interrupted. "

Deathstroke and Taskmaster where created by the same person. But I think their worlds apart. Vixen was also able to utilize Bronze Tiger's strength. Thats something Taskmaster wouldn't be able to do. I believe Bronze Tiger is more durable then Taskmaster thats one reason I give him the edge in a drawn out fight. Also, I think Taskmaster would already have Bronze Tiger's style (or at least enough to know what he's using) in the first few moments of the fight. And so while he's fresh and his body hasn't been worn down by BT's strength would be the best chance he has of winning. In my opinion. Your right about the longer it goes the more Taskmaster will learn, but he may be limited at that point as to what he can stop or defend.

I think he's weapons give him the best chance to win. He has both ranged and close quarter weapons and the knowledge of how to use them like Marvel's best.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I didn't say he STARTED out the fight knowing Bronze Tiger's style. I said he would have it copied, or enough of it In the first few moments to know what style he was using. If BT is using a form of Karate that Taskmaster has already seen why wouldn't this be possible?

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By POHOCOM

Gambler says:

"POHOCOM says:
"It's true that styles make fights. I gave my original post because in my mind Deathstroke and Taskmaster are SIMILAR. Thats why I made the comparison. It can be fairly argued that they are not so similar, and that how BT fared against Deathstroke means nothing. But, at least give the dialog a chance to take place before pouncing on me! LOL. Interestingly, I disagree with you that the longer it goes the more it favors Tiger. I think a longer fight gives TM the opportunity to learn BT's style more and more. We know how good Vixen was able to do using BT's style. She was winning before the fight was interrupted. "

Deathstroke and Taskmaster where created by the same person. But I think their worlds apart. Vixen was also able to utilize Bronze Tiger's strength. Thats something Taskmaster wouldn't be able to do. I believe Bronze Tiger is more durable then Taskmaster thats one reason I give him the edge in a drawn out fight. Also, I think Taskmaster would already have Bronze Tiger's style (or at least enough to know what he's using) in the first few moments of the fight. And so while he's fresh and his body hasn't been worn down by BT's strength would be the best chance he has of winning. In my opinion. Your right about the longer it goes the more Taskmaster will learn, but he may be limited at that point as to what he can stop or defend.

I think he's weapons give him the best chance to win. He has both ranged and close quarter weapons and the knowledge of how to use them like Marvel's best."

Whoa! We can't have Taskmaster entering this fight knowing Bronze Tiger's style already.

It's not fair, and not likely. Taskmaster gets his knowledge mostly thru experience fighting someone or via news footage. He's never fought BT before, and BT is one of those characters rarely captured by news cameras. I think that TM definitely could take this if he keeps the fight long range, and makes the most of all of his weapons. I don't think that taskmaster can get the job done if it degrades into hand to hand, up close, with knives, shield and billy club.