Battle Forum Usage does Hulk have Speed?

• 60 results
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Well I would like to hear every ones opinion on Hulk's Speed IMO he has none if he did he would not have problems with wolverine or Spiderman. So what do you Viners think?

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By difficlus

He is pretty fast despite his size. Probably supersonic in terms of combat movement though it depends on the writer and the story at hand. 

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@difficlus said:
He is pretty fast despite his size. Probably supersonic in terms of combat movement though it depends on the writer and the story at hand. 
If some one is Super sonic how good are they reflexes? Just asking.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By difficlus
@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@difficlus said:
If some one is Super sonic how good are they reflexes? Just asking.
Spider Man level or faster. 
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Erik

Hulk does not have Spider-Man speed. Movement speed =/= combat speed. Hulk has never been credited with speed. His power is purely strength and that strength does allow him to run a few hundred miles per hour. That is it.

DealBreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DealBreaker
@Erik

Um your meant leaping right? I have never seen a comic where Hulk has ran at that speed when did this happen.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Killemall
@dccomicsrule2011: speed in terms of running or fighting?? if its in terms of fighting he techinically has super speed, i know this sounds ridiculous but i am getting this from the feats Hulk has performed before. Hulk has tagged and defeated ppl whom he is not even supposed to touch. 1 battle would be regarded as PIS (in other words the writer has too much to smoke) but then this happens almost always. Hulk has defeated thor, sentry, gladiator, Hyperion (who is marvel's version of superman, with almost the same story talk about copying sth). So yeah techinically he has, but never has been explained before. I am sure i'll get few ppl rebutting my idea but how else could u explain, its not sth he has done once, he has done it consistently over time.  

the only person who has always dominated hulk would be Juggernaut. Besides current hulk is the worthy hulk with hammer and shit, and i havent read fear itself so i dont know much. 
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Erik
@DealBreaker said:
@Erik:    Um your meant leaping right? I have never seen a comic where Hulk has ran at that speed when did this happen.
Old issue and no I meant running speed. I believe it was something like 300mph.
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@Erik said:
Hulk does not have Spider-Man speed. Movement speed =/= combat speed. Hulk has never been credited with speed. His power is purely strength and that strength does allow him to run a few hundred miles per hour. That is it.
Exacly but some Hulk fans think he can react FTL
demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By demifiend

hulk has the power to kick thor ass every time he face him.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Erik
@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@Erik said:
They are wrong.
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@demifiend said:
hulk has the power to kick thor ass every time he face him.
hahaha this is completely relevant to the OP and not at all an attempt to antagonize Thor fans..
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Killemall
@Erik@dccomicsrule2011: lol i am a hulk fan but dont let that throw you off :) ok no i really wanted to know your opinion on this one, yes it has never been officially stated that hulk has super speed, he normally looks slow. but then the question that keeps haunting me is how come he tags and defeats (although sometimes loses) ppl with super speed constantly. i mean once would be PIS but its been done again and again and again!. thor, gladiator, hyperion how often has that happened? so i dont know man, could u like shed some idea on that regards?
DealBreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DealBreaker
@Killemall

I have seen Wolverine, Spider-man, and Captain America dance around Hulk with him unable to lay a hand on them.I have seen Hulk unable to catch General Ross on foot.It's one of those things where there is no consistency to it.If I want to argue for or against the point I can make a case for both.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Reflexes are decent for him like grabbing missiles or mortars out of the air, can't remember which. Other than that Hulk is actually pretty slow, alot of the claims of PIS come from his opponents who have shown super speed and reflex feats that dwarf any of the Hulk's yet they have the opponents do something stupid like jump at him making it impossible to dodge, just stand there and take his hits like Thor, or fly into his fist and stay there to brawl like Sentry. I'm not saying Hulk can't hit these guys and he should be able to get a few hits in, but the way those people fight him forgetting about other powers and just going at it like a slugfest is Hulk's real superpower. As you mentioned in the OP Wolverine, Wolverine regularly fights faster opponents than Hulk and has dodged faster opponents and has better reflex feats than Hulk and in their 20 fights Hulk has had trouble hitting Wolverine unless Wolverine wants to be hit by Hulk or he is in mid-air, he shouldn't be hit as often he does. Saying he has infinite speed along with his strength is untrue otherwise he should be pulling off Flash like attacks, being able to tag Wolverine or Spider-Man or Cap whenever he wants.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Erik
@Killemall said:
@Erik@dccomicsrule2011: lol i am a hulk fan but dont let that throw you off :) ok no i really wanted to know your opinion on this one, yes it has never been officially stated that hulk has super speed, he normally looks slow. but then the question that keeps haunting me is how come he tags and defeats (although sometimes loses) ppl with super speed constantly. i mean once would be PIS but its been done again and again and again!. thor, gladiator, hyperion how often has that happened? so i dont know man, could u like shed some idea on that regards?
CIS. How many of them have actually used their speed against the Hulk? I do not recall a single fight where they used it against Hulk.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Killemall
@DealBreaker: no i just wanted to clear myself on that point. i am still not convinced.. i mean yeah i remember even hawkeye giving him trouble at times which made me think oh well super strong brute but relatively slow.. then when he was pitted against gladiator who's like super fast and powerful hulk won pretty convincingly. so in the end its just writer messing up his stories with no clear logic?  I suppose the same is happening with Sentry (the void part). but thanks for the reply i am hoping someone to clear me on that query. 
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@Killemall said:
I do not think he has speed he has trouble catching Wolverine and Captain America Hulk does not have speed that is all PIS IMO Mongul was able to tag Supes many times but when written right this would happen.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Killemall
@Erik: Well quicksilver tried to use super speed (although my memory is rather hazy) and got knocked out pretty bad.. gladiator just fought him, so its more like writers messing up his story.. erm i kinda suspected that much.. this is why it is very difficult to u know actually argue in favour or against hulk in a battle forum, he brings just too much uncertainty to the table. 
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Erik
@Killemall said:
@Erik: Well quicksilver tried to use super speed (although my memory is rather hazy) and got knocked out pretty bad.. gladiator just fought him, so its more like writers messing up his story.. erm i kinda suspected that much.. this is why it is very difficult to u know actually argue in favour or against hulk in a battle forum, he brings just too much uncertainty to the table. 
Quicksilver has no way to hurt the Hulk and Hulk using an AoE attack like terrain destruction or thunderclapping hardly counts. Those are attacks that cause outside forces to move at super speeds, not Hulk himself.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Killemall
@dccomicsrule2011: I suppose you have a point, but the thing is HULK has never been speedblitz successfully by anyone. Among the regular fighters the only person who has always had an upperhand on hulk is perhaps Juggernaut,, else most of the avengers roster has gone against hulk and lost. so many characters that has the ability to speed blitz have come forth and lost. i am not sure what to think. again and again ppl writing hulk story seem to amaze me. for a fan like me, who likes to look at the good sides of character which we like (come on dont blame me for that its only human nature) its hard to know what hulk can and cannot bring to the table. its just weird.
super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By super_psycho
@Erik said:
@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@Erik said:
They are wrong.
Correction: they are stupid 
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Erik
@Killemall
Spider-Man speed blitzes Hulk all the time when they fight. That is how he hits Hulk and manages to run away without being flattened.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Erik
@super_psycho said:
@Erik said:
@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@Erik said:
They are wrong.
Correction: they are stupid 
I was exercising restraint.
DealBreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DealBreaker
@Killemall said:
@DealBreaker: no i just wanted to clear myself on that point. i am still not convinced.. i mean yeah i remember even hawkeye giving him trouble at times which made me think oh well super strong brute but relatively slow.. then when he was pitted against gladiator who's like super fast and powerful hulk won pretty convincingly. so in the end its just writer messing up his stories with no clear logic?  I suppose the same is happening with Sentry (the void part). but thanks for the reply i am hoping someone to clear me on that query. 

The thing is this is not just about Hulk in both Dc and Marvel you have speedster getting tagged buy people that you would not think that should be able to do it just look at flash and Deathstroke as an example.I think one of the problems is that levels of speed is hard to display in a comic book I know Sentry can travel to the sun in a couple of panels I know Gladiator has been said to be able to fly at 100 times the speed of light.How do you measure how fast these guys are going in those fights?
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Killemall
@Erik: ok point noted, but dont you feel its weird that hulk hasnt ever been beaten by a speedster before, i know DC possibly has a whole bunch of speeders compared with marvel but then the point still stands. 1 win i would have credited as PIS, maybe even 2 or 3 but this is sth that has consistently happened with hulk. time and time again he goes with ppl who has speed on their side and win .. i mean writer really need to do justice to this character either explictly show he has superspeed or stop showing such feats .. for a fan like me its really annoying. but i understand what u say makes a lot of sense.. i guess i am just pissed up at the writers. 
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Killemall
@DealBreaker: i guess so :) cant say i have much to argue on that, comics is comics i guess i am just looking for a logic in wrong place :)
super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By super_psycho
@DealBreaker said:
@Killemall said:
  The thing is this is not just about Hulk in both Dc and Marvel you have speedster getting tagged buy people that you would not think that should be able to do it just look at flash and Deathstroke as an example.I think one of the problems is that levels of speed is hard to display in a comic book I know Sentry can travel to the sun in a couple of panels I know Gladiator has been said to be able to fly at 100 times the speed of light.How do you measure how fast these guys are going in those fights?
that is PIS ...All of the deathstroke fans know that...the problem is hulk fans think that hulk can react to FTL
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Erik
@Killemall said:
@Erik: ok point noted, but dont you feel its weird that hulk hasnt ever been beaten by a speedster before, i know DC possibly has a whole bunch of speeders compared with marvel but then the point still stands. 1 win i would have credited as PIS, maybe even 2 or 3 but this is sth that has consistently happened with hulk. time and time again he goes with ppl who has speed on their side and win .. i mean writer really need to do justice to this character either explictly show he has superspeed or stop showing such feats .. for a fan like me its really annoying. but i understand what u say makes a lot of sense.. i guess i am just pissed up at the writers. 
No I do not. Speedsters do not usually have the strength to hurt the Hulk. There are few characters that have the strength to hurt Hulk at all let alone also having super speed. Hulk has never displayed any kind of super speed. So that much is clear. And Hulk has not beaten many heroes with both strength and speed conclusively. Most of the time the fight is interrupted or something else happens where no clear victor can be had.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Killemall
@super_psycho: well yes, i am a fan of hulk but please dont let that cloud the judgement, like i stated before as a fan i like to look at positive side of the character i like (its only human nature dont blame me for that) and writers by writing this weird feats on hulk's favor has made ppl think so. like the fact i have been arguing regularly, hulk has fought and won many characters who have super speed , not once not twice but many times. so i hardly blame the fans. i know hulk has shown to be slow in more occasions where spiderman, wolverine, hawkeye else tend to outmaneuver him. Most fans would try and hide the low showing and focus on the good once (i know its a little bias but happens all the time, i am just coming out and admitting it). So i for one actually blame the writer either they should u know come out and state that he has a FLT reaction time (which then would be totally awesome) or else they should just at least stop showing such false feats which if u use logic shouldnt be possible. 
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Killemall
@Erik: he's beaten thor numerous time (has lost as well) he's beaten gladiator (cant remember if she has ever lost) he's beaten sentry. so i dont know what to think man. he has beaten ppl who's faster than him and pretty strong.. 
super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By super_psycho
@Killemall said:
@super_psycho: well yes, i am a fan of hulk but please dont let that cloud the judgement, like i stated before as a fan i like to look at positive side of the character i like (its only human nature dont blame me for that) and writers by writing this weird feats on hulk's favor has made ppl think so. like the fact i have been arguing regularly, hulk has fought and won many characters who have super speed , not once not twice but many times. so i hardly blame the fans. i know hulk has shown to be slow in more occasions where spiderman, wolverine, hawkeye else tend to outmaneuver him. Most fans would try and hide the low showing and focus on the good once (i know its a little bias but happens all the time, i am just coming out and admitting it). So i for one actually blame the writer either they should u know come out and state that he has a FLT reaction time (which then would be totally awesome) or else they should just at least stop showing such false feats which if u use logic shouldnt be possible. 
u believe in everything writers write? he won becoz he is more popular fans want to see him winning ....thor would smash hulk but when they fight thor goes for fists lmao ..... Do you know many people think Krillin(dbz) 
can solo Marvel and DC its just becoz they don't read about marvel or dc characters all they know is Goku can destroy a planet , piccolo can destroy moon etc ..... 
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Killemall
@super_psycho: About krillin thing, that i blame on current weed prices (i myself am a big fan of DBZ i have pretty much watched every episode). Well even if u were to pit Goku at his best he might be able to fight some of the top tier superhero one on one but that is about it.  

hehe on the first part, i love hulk of course i love to see him win lol :) cant help. btw the worthy hulk looks kinda crappy (out of the point my bad!)  but i dont know.. try to get good stuffs off the character i like but then u make sense.. its probably because of hulk's popularity (after all he is just so awesome) 
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Erik
@Killemall said:
@Erik: he's beaten thor numerous time (has lost as well) he's beaten gladiator (cant remember if she has ever lost) he's beaten sentry. so i dont know what to think man. he has beaten ppl who's faster than him and pretty strong.. 
Issue references to CLEAR Hulk victories?
jec777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jec777

i look at a 350 pound football lineman and they don't look like they should move very fast yet they run the 40 yard dash in 4.6 seconds.  hulk may have good burst speed  just due to the muscles involved.  reaction to a situation maybe not so much.  he would have to process what is happening and react.  spiderman uses his spider sense an awful lot to prevent getting clobbered, don't get me wrong he is fast but say when venom is around and his spider sense dosn't work venom is able to land quite a few punches.  for hulk endurance is not an issue hulk just dosn't tire easy,so how long he can keep the burst of speed in one direction is anyones guess.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#36  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Killemall said:
And none of them used their speed in a smart way, they all just stand their or float in front of him and play his ground pound game until he gets stronger than them.
demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By demifiend
@Killemall said:

this.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Killemall
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@demifiend said:
@Killemall said:
this.
@god_spawn said:
@Killemall said:
And none of them used their speed in a smart way, they all just stand their or float in front of him and play his ground pound game until he gets stronger than them.
What god_spawn said.
super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By super_psycho
@Killemall said:
@super_psycho: About krillin thing, that i blame on current weed prices (i myself am a big fan of DBZ i have pretty much watched every episode). Well even if u were to pit Goku at his best he might be able to fight some of the top tier superhero one on one but that is about it.   hehe on the first part, i love hulk of course i love to see him win lol :) cant help. btw the worthy hulk looks kinda crappy (out of the point my bad!)  but i dont know.. try to get good stuffs off the character i like but then u make sense.. its probably because of hulk's popularity (after all he is just so awesome) 
let me tell you one more thing .... 
spider-man was giving x-men hard time just becoz he is more popular writers don't let him lose .....  
people hardly know about any x-men except wolverine,storm,cyclops,jean,iceman,magneto and few others 
so in comic books or in movies popular character wins
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Erik
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Killemall
@dccomicsrule2011@god_spawn: that is the thing man, why hasnt anyone ever actually used their speed in a proper manner against hulk is it because writers are smoking too much weed or is it because they want us to believe they cannot, i dont know. i would really want writers to come clear things like that up but i dont suppose it is ever gonna happen. 
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Erik
@Killemall said:
@dccomicsrule2011@god_spawn: that is the thing man, why hasnt anyone ever actually used their speed in a proper manner against hulk is it because writers are smoking too much weed or is it because they want us to believe they cannot, i dont know. i would really want writers to come clear things like that up but i dont suppose it is ever gonna happen. 
Because then your favorite character would lose, possibly even die. You should not want them to use all their abilities on Hulk.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Killemall
@Erik: well if they make a great story of his death it would be nice :) i always favour logic.. besides if he dies i'll find a new fav character its no so hard in comic book universe :) And i didnt know if that was non-cannon.. 
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Erik
@Killemall said:
@Erik: well if they make a great story of his death it would be nice :) i always favour logic.. besides if he dies i'll find a new fav character its no so hard in comic book universe :) And i didnt know if that was non-cannon.. 
I never said it was non-canon. I said there is debate on whether or not it is canon.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Killemall
@Erik: lol ok then i didnt know there was a debate about whether it is not cannon :) 
monarch2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By monarch2016

hulk is below spiderman in terms of speed

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@baron2011 said:
hulk is below spiderman in terms of speed
But some Hulk fans say has FTL reaction lol.
jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jojjimbo

I think that Hulks speeds feats, as some people on here claim...is just a matter of the writer's dumbing down his apponent(speed wise)just for the sake of the comic.  for example, we all know Silver Surfer can move and react in nano-sec time, yet in some fights against the Hulk. Surfer has been tag by him. now...does that mean Hulk can move/react at nano-sec time? no. it just means that the writer's dint write SS to his fullest potential(once again speed wise)just to make for a good fight. if Hulk got speedblitz in every one of his encounters with speedster's,or if he were shown not be able to defend himself/fightback...do to the fact that his opponent is far faster, then that would make his fight against speedster very dull and not worth reading.

and in closing, i believe Hulk does have super speed, but i believe his speed is below Spiderman and Wolverine. which is still pretty fast.