- Batman has his body armour, cape and all his gadgets

- Nightmare has his armour and a Claymore

- In character

- Win by death or incapacitation

Opinions?

#2 Edited by OreoAssassin (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightmare.

#3 Posted by MasterAction (556 posts) - - Show Bio

Dunno why he's got a claymore but Nightmare stomps. Does he have Soul Edge? That should come with his armout

#4 Posted by Zmasonite (510 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know what batman could do to Nightmare honestly?

#5 Posted by Cgoodness (2342 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't played SC in a while, but nightmare was OP (not as OP as Link and his grapples that threw you out of bounds every time or the pirate guy with his cross map spin attack and combos), I'm going nightmare

#6 Posted by comic_book_fan (4562 posts) - - Show Bio

@cgoodness:

oh please kilik was by far the best at ringing people.

and batman wins.

#7 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (10240 posts) - - Show Bio

Why all the Nightmare wank? As a player and follower of most Soul Calibur titles (2-5), I see no reason why the Azure Knight would be able to beat Batman easily if at all. Not only is Bruce faster and more than skilled enough but he has f*cking technology at his disposal, like bombs and sh*t. But really, the OP is lacking information that could make or break this battle...I'm considering hijacking it from him and actually giving details and specifications as per the Battle Forum Rules, as it stands I can't say who'd win...

#8 Posted by MonsterStomp (13339 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Zmasonite (510 posts) - - Show Bio

Why all the Nightmare wank? As a player and follower of most Soul Calibur titles (2-5), I see no reason why the Azure Knight would be able to beat Batman easily if at all. Not only is Bruce faster and more than skilled enough but he has f*cking technology at his disposal, like bombs and sh*t. But really, the OP is lacking information that could make or break this battle...I'm considering hijacking it from him and actually giving details and specifications as per the Battle Forum Rules, as it stands I can't say who'd win...

Do it brah.

#10 Posted by Silverrings (1521 posts) - - Show Bio

Dunno why he's got a claymore but Nightmare stomps. Does he have Soul Edge? That should come with his armout

He has a Claymore instead of Souldedge to make the fight more fair.

I'm glad you gave this more thought than most. What details are lacking? Ask and i'll give them to you.

#11 Posted by M_Man (347 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how nightmare is something Batman hasn't seen before at least without Soul Edge.

#12 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (10240 posts) - - Show Bio

@silverrings: Well, a location for starters. Where are they fighting? Also, pics of both characters and the location help give people a better perspective of who they're debating about (even if they already know) and just how well they can take advantage of their surroundings. Other than that I guess you could post a link to the character's bios so that those who don't know who Nightmare is (cus everyone knows who Batman is) can get an idea about who might win and actually be able to contribute with a sound argument.

#13 Posted by DeadPoker (354 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Nightmare.

#14 Posted by Silverrings (1521 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days said:

@silverrings: Well, a location for starters. Where are they fighting? Also, pics of both characters and the location help give people a better perspective of who they're debating about (even if they already know) and just how well they can take advantage of their surroundings. Other than that I guess you could post a link to the character's bios so that those who don't know who Nightmare is (cus everyone knows who Batman is) can get an idea about who might win and actually be able to contribute with a sound argument.

Pictures aren't exactly necessary, but i get the bios point. I don't mind just asking, myself. I've edited the set up, they have a location now.

@m_man said:

I don't see how nightmare is something Batman hasn't seen before at least without Soul Edge.

So, you think Batman wins?

#15 Posted by RetconCrisis (3249 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightmare is terribly slow... If he can't tag a character rolling around side to side, he can't tag Bats. But how will Bats hurt NM?

#16 Posted by Joygirl (15407 posts) - - Show Bio

@cgoodness:

oh please kilik was by far the best at ringing people.

and batman wins.

Taki was the best at ringing people with her spinning kick.

And Nightmare wins.

#17 Posted by Silverrings (1521 posts) - - Show Bio

@retconcrisis said:

Nightmare is terribly slow... If he can't tag a character rolling around side to side, he can't tag Bats. But how will Bats hurt NM?

Explosives? Electricity? Sheer physical force? Also, what if Nightmare did land a hit on Batman, how much damage do you think it would do?

@joygirl said:

And Nightmare wins.

Care to state why?

#18 Posted by Joygirl (15407 posts) - - Show Bio

@retconcrisis said:

Explosives? Electricity? Sheer physical force? Also, what if Nightmare did land a hit on Batman, how much damage do you think it would do?

@joygirl said:

And Nightmare wins.

Care to state why?

Pretty sure in one of his earlier cutscenes he was slaughtering entire armies alone.

#19 Edited by Silverrings (1521 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Pretty sure in one of his earlier cutscenes he was slaughtering entire armies alone.

I think that happened, but Batman's taken down hordes of goons and criminals by himself. Not the same, but similar.

#20 Posted by Joygirl (15407 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

I think that happened, but Batman's taken down hordes of goons and criminals by himself. Not the same, but similar.

Also when Siegfried got a similar level of power but couldn't handle it he like, consumed the world.

#21 Edited by Silverrings (1521 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Also when Siegfried got a similar level of power but couldn't handle it he like, consumed the world.

That's... Vague. What happened, exactly?

#22 Posted by Joygirl (15407 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

That's... Vague. What happened, exactly?

It was vague. He got the big fancy sword and was all "raaaaaargh" and this weird ice-crystal started expanding from him and consuming everything.

#23 Posted by comic_book_fan (4562 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl:

kilik had way more ringout moves and easer to do.

#24 Posted by Joygirl (15407 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl:

kilik had way more ringout moves and easer to do.

Ain't nothin' like a sure thing cupcake. Master Taki's spinning kick and you ring 'em out 100% of the time. It was too easy.

#25 Posted by comic_book_fan (4562 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl:

that on move don't matter if you don't hit it and I have the reach.

I played through the arcade mode of soul caliber 2 and 3 in under 2 minutes what was your fastest time.

#26 Edited by Joygirl (15407 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Silverrings (1521 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

It was vague. He got the big fancy sword and was all "raaaaaargh" and this weird ice-crystal started expanding from him and consuming everything.

Well, what the fuck does that mean? He has ice powers now? Or, had ice powers then..? Whatever. Batman has bombs.

#28 Posted by thelocust619 (1948 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: the same can be said for any character u master. I was just as proficient with Link's Grapples and Cervantes' stabby stab throw....but even then I gotta give it to Killik. I mean, he can safely poke u off the edge, pick u up with his staff n throw you off from many feet away, and a newb can potentially ring an experienced player through raw button mashing. That's pretty cheap lol like near-maxi cheap.

I don't see how Batman is any less skilled than any other human who beats Nightmare, so I'd have to say Batman via well placed batarangs, explosive batarangs, mines, and bolos. Win by ring out lol

#29 Posted by Silverrings (1521 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelocust619 said:

I don't see how Batman is any less skilled than any other human who beats Nightmare, so I'd have to say Batman via well placed batarangs, explosive batarangs, mines, and bolos. Win by ring out lol

Fair enough. I wonder how many of the other SC characters AC Bats could take down...