Aqualad vs. Prince Zuko

nj06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nj06

Which one of these two element wielding warriors would win in a fight against one another?

Aqualad
Aqualad

vs.

No Caption Provided

Aqualad gets his water-bearer's and Zuko gets his two swords. The fight takes place here:

No Caption Provided

Who wins?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

this is actually a pretty good battle, both are very good hand to hand combatants, however i remember that Zuko fought evenly with Katara in the Crossroad of Destiny, i put Katara above Aqualad because she can water bend without needing a tool (the water bearers) that and i think Zuko would be faster on the draw

nj06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nj06

@The Stegman: Thats a good point. But, do you think Zuko would be able to compensate for Aqualad's greater strength/durability as well as his ability generate electricity?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@nj06: well Zuko was able to redirect lightning from both Azula and Ozai, two very proficient lightning users, so i assume he could do with with Aqualad, but my main concern is Aqualad's superstrength, it could pose a problem, but i just think Zuko is more agile and would land more hits
Avatar image for phrainiac_crazeee
phrainiac_crazeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By phrainiac_crazeee

@The Stegman: great points on both posts. i think zuko is faster and more skilled with his bending (and can redirect lightning) while aqualad is overall stronger and more durable (hes taken hits from Superboy and other heavy hitters). maybe if zuko blasts aqualad with several of his "ultimate dragon fire blasts" (the ones he learned in the Ancient Master's ep) maybe he can dehydrate AL enough to weaken him? Or maybe he could construct one of those fire cages Red Inferno placed AL and Miss Martian in??

either way this would be an awesome fight to watch!

nj06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nj06

@The Stegman: I agree, Zuko's agility will definitely help him in this fight. I think Aqualad's water-bending and his ability to combine it with his electricity generation will definitely help him in this fight.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By ReVamp

@The Stegman said:

@nj06: well Zuko was able to redirect lightning from both Azula and Ozai, two very proficient lightning users, so i assume he could do with with Aqualad, but my main concern is Aqualad's superstrength, it could pose a problem, but i just think Zuko is more agile and would land more hits

No. The whole method of redirecting Lightning is simply by absorbing its direction and directing it to another direction. Aqualad's lightning has no direction.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Skaddix

@The Stegman said:

True but those were single shots. Aqualad can fire constant blasts besides I am not sure the redirect would have any effect. He got blasted by magic lightning before and it had little impact. Not sure if he is more agile either.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By nightwing91

Zuko he would be able to dehydrate Aqualad to the point of him being useless just like the episode with Red Inferno putting him in the fire cage and then the desert which dehydrated him to the point he was useless. Fire would accomplish the same thing here.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Decoy Elite

If Pokemon has taught me one thing it's that water beats fire. 

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Phylos

i'd say zuko, but then again i've never seen what aqualad could do, so im a little biased.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Phylos said:

i'd say zuko, but then again i've never seen what aqualad could do, so im a little biased.

You have no idea what one of the combatants can do. Yeah, I can see how that'd create a little bias. 
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By daak1212

@Phylos said:

He's FIng awesome and so is that series. The thing is that during the Red (Red Torpedo and Firebrand) ep. He was in a fire cage along side Ms. Martian and he was being affected by it pretty bad pretty much leading me to think that if Zuko gets one really really good shot on him he would be out.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Zuko.

nj06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nj06

But look at where they are fighting. There is plenty of water there and we've seen that Aqualad has been able to bend water to create monsters or create water shields/walls capable of protecting him and others from bomb blasts (like in the episode where he and Red Arrow are "protecting" Lex Luthor).

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By emperorznb

Since Zuko isn't that fast, he would have a hard time trying to burn or slice Aqualad. Added to that, Aqualad has superstrength and is a powerful sorcerer.

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By TheWitchingHour

Wow great battle, I'll give it to Aqualad due to location. I think he would defend himself pretty well against Zuko's flames given the large amount of water nearby.

As for other factors, they are probably equally skilled in hand to hand combat. Aqualad has superstrength, Zuko doesn't. Zuko can firebend, Aqualad's weakness is fire. And I know Aqualad can generate electric attacks as well, but Zuko can redirect lightning. Zuko has also displayed more agility than Caldur. So if this fight took place in a neutral location I'd give it to Zuko (assuming he isn't the hothead he was at the beginning of the series, after all Caldur is a great tactician)

GuruOfFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By GuruOfFunk

@TheWitchingHour said:

Wow great battle, I'll give it to Aqualad due to location. I think he would defend himself pretty well against Zuko's flames given the large amount of water nearby.

As for other factors, they are probably equally skilled in hand to hand combat. Aqualad has superstrength, Zuko doesn't. Zuko can firebend, Aqualad's weakness is fire. And I know Aqualad can generate electric attacks as well, but Zuko can redirect lightning. Zuko has also displayed more agility than Caldur. So if this fight took place in a neutral location I'd give it to Zuko (assuming he isn't the hothead he was at the beginning of the series, after all Caldur is a great tactician)

Very thought out. Gotta agree, Aqualad takes it because of this.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By cascadeking09

Nice thread. I'll have to go with Aqualad here though because he's pretty much the perfect counter for Zuko's flames, he and Zuko are exact opposite. Aqualad is very leveheaded while Zuko is hotheaded at times(though his temper wasn't that bad at the end). I have to wonder if Zuko's flames would affect Aqualad in someway, since he seems to lose strength when he's in intense heat.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cattlebattle

Aqualads power output is greater I believe, he could create a shield and turn the water into spikes....needless to say, he was a bit more advanced than Katara

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cascadeking09

@cattlebattle: smarter and more versatile too.

unknown11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By unknown11

hmm... Strength and durabilty feats for Aqualad besides that fight with superboy?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pooty

@The Stegman: @TheWitchingHour: I have seen Zuko redirect lightning but that was one blast at a time. I don't know if lightning redirection works fast enough to stop multiple quick blasts or a steady stream of electricity.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Skaddix

Impossible to tell since benders require windup to do it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@pooty: hmmm true, very true, i've never seen him redirect multiple blasts
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cascadeking09

@pooty said:

@The Stegman: @TheWitchingHour: I have seen Zuko redirect lightning but that was one blast at a time. I don't know if lightning redirection works fast enough to stop multiple quick blasts or a steady stream of electricity.

Good point and I would have to agree, I would also like to point out that Zuko can redirect lightning but isn't immune to electricity. Aqualad doesn't just shoot lightning bolts, if he grabbed Zuko or something like that he could just shock him.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@cascadeking09: it's actually starting to turn the tide on my first opinion actually (pun intended) if Aqualad can get in close, i think one punch can know Zuko out...but zuko does have his swords, can Aqualad's skin be pierced by them?
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cascadeking09

@The Stegman: I would guess so, Aqualad isn't invulnerable.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jezer

@pooty said:

When Zuko confronted his father, he redirected a steady stream of electricity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM5ftnMAQ90

I mean, it wasn't an endless stream, but it wasn't just a short blast. And as it hit him, it did push him back. But he still managed to absorb the current, let it all flow through his body, and then redirect it.

unknown11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By unknown11

zuko takes it in close battle.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Skaddix

@Jezer said:

@pooty said:

When Zuko confronted his father, he redirected a steady stream of electricity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM5ftnMAQ90

I mean, it wasn't an endless stream, but it wasn't just a short blast. And as it hit him, it did push him back. But he still managed to absorb the current, let it all flow through his body, and then redirect it.

Even so I am not sure Aqualad can be hurt by his own lightning or lightning in general. They fought the Injustice League and while the rest of team was easily incapacitated by bolts including superboy, Aqualad took two of them with no damage.

nj06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By nj06

@Phylos: @Phylos said:

That is a video showing some of his feats from the show. Its not all of them, but it has some goodies I think.

nj06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By nj06

@cattlebattle: I don't think Aqualad is more advanced than Katara. She can also use water as a shield (whether liquid or as ice), she can turn water into spikes, stop it from raining over a certain location, heal, and she can blood-bend. Aqualad is a much better fighter, has more raw power, and might be able to manipulate greater volumes of water (and I'm not even sure if he can), but I think that Katara might be more skilled.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cattlebattle
@nj06 said:

@cattlebattle: I don't think Aqualad is more advanced than Katara. She can also use water as a shield (whether liquid or as ice), she can turn water into spikes, stop it from raining over a certain location, heal, and she can blood-bend. Aqualad is a much better fighter, has more raw power, and might be able to manipulate greater volumes of water (and I'm not even sure if he can), but I think that Katara might be more skilled.

Still, I think Katara had to maintain a great amount of concentration for a lot of these, Aqualad was able to summon a shield that was able to contain an explosion with water he manipulated out of some glasses...it has been a while since I saw Avatar, but I don't remember Katara being that powerful
Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Phylos

@nj06 said:

@Phylos: @Phylos said:

That is a video showing some of his feats from the show. Its not all of them, but it has some goodies I think.

wow, thanks for that.

i think im leaning more towards aqualad now.

but zuko will definitely give him hell.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By Hyperlight

I believe Zuko would win. Zuko uses acrobatics more often than Kaldur. Everytime Zukos fire gets close to Kaldur it will dehydrate hm just a little bit more.

Avatar image for raimundopedrosa
raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the hell? This is such a mismatch and joke of a battle. Zuko is no match for Aqualad. Aqualad's water manipulation ALONE puts absolutely anything that Zuko can dish out against him into the dirt. His water shields stop explosions. Seriously, what a freaking mismatch.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aqua

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the hell? This is such a mismatch and joke of a battle. Zuko is no match for Aqualad. Aqualad's water manipulation ALONE puts absolutely anything that Zuko can dish out against him into the dirt. His water shields stop explosions. Seriously, what a freaking mismatch.

Why bump the thread if its a mismatch?

And Zuko's been shown to be effective against water

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kaldur. Only made worse because he has superhuman stats to back the hydrokinesis and taser shock. It would be a different story of Zuko's fire had any big noteworthy feats of heat.

Avatar image for raimundopedrosa
raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By raimundopedrosa

@nighthunder said:
@raimundopedrosa said:

Why bump the thread if its a mismatch?

And Zuko's been shown to be effective against water

Because the thread ended in a comment that implied that Zuko would win... which is absolutely ridiculous, because Aqualad's water is on a whole other league, tanking explosions!!!! That's nothing that Zuko can face and come out alive from.

Zuko's also been overwhelmed by water... and again, Aqualad's water is nothing with which Zuko has everdealt in his entire lifetime. Aqualad's water is impervious toexplosions. Tanking explosions is a whole other league against which Zuko can only dreamto stand a chance. Zuko's been overwhelmed by water, not only being effective against it, but he always has a difficult time dealing with water. It's not easy for him to oppose. He's neverdealt with water that can casually tank explosions. Normal water is already enough to overpower Zuko's and Azula's fire, but explosion tankingwater? Zuko is screwed beyond any hope.

Aqualad absolutely curbstomps him. Mismatch.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

aqualad

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By NighThunder

@raimundopedrosa: You are aware of the fact you replied to a 9 month old comment..

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aqualad. Too much defensive potency, and if the fight gets to close range he destroys Zuko.

Marishtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Marishtar

Aqualad wins, he is above any waterbender in Avatar.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aqualad