#1 Posted by nj06 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

Which one of these two element wielding warriors would win in a fight against one another?

Aqualad

vs.

Aqualad gets his water-bearer's and Zuko gets his two swords. The fight takes place here:

Who wins?

#2 Posted by The Stegman (24499 posts) - - Show Bio

this is actually a pretty good battle, both are very good hand to hand combatants, however i remember that Zuko fought evenly with Katara in the Crossroad of Destiny, i put Katara above Aqualad because she can water bend without needing a tool (the water bearers) that and i think Zuko would be faster on the draw

#3 Posted by nj06 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: Thats a good point. But, do you think Zuko would be able to compensate for Aqualad's greater strength/durability as well as his ability generate electricity?

#4 Posted by The Stegman (24499 posts) - - Show Bio
@nj06: well Zuko was able to redirect lightning from both Azula and Ozai, two very proficient lightning users, so i assume he could do with with Aqualad, but my main concern is Aqualad's superstrength, it could pose a problem, but i just think Zuko is more agile and would land more hits
#5 Posted by phrainiac_crazeee (16 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: great points on both posts. i think zuko is faster and more skilled with his bending (and can redirect lightning) while aqualad is overall stronger and more durable (hes taken hits from Superboy and other heavy hitters). maybe if zuko blasts aqualad with several of his "ultimate dragon fire blasts" (the ones he learned in the Ancient Master's ep) maybe he can dehydrate AL enough to weaken him? Or maybe he could construct one of those fire cages Red Inferno placed AL and Miss Martian in??

either way this would be an awesome fight to watch!

#6 Posted by nj06 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: I agree, Zuko's agility will definitely help him in this fight. I think Aqualad's water-bending and his ability to combine it with his electricity generation will definitely help him in this fight.

#7 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@nj06: well Zuko was able to redirect lightning from both Azula and Ozai, two very proficient lightning users, so i assume he could do with with Aqualad, but my main concern is Aqualad's superstrength, it could pose a problem, but i just think Zuko is more agile and would land more hits

No. The whole method of redirecting Lightning is simply by absorbing its direction and directing it to another direction. Aqualad's lightning has no direction.

#8 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

True but those were single shots. Aqualad can fire constant blasts besides I am not sure the redirect would have any effect. He got blasted by magic lightning before and it had little impact. Not sure if he is more agile either.

#9 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

Zuko he would be able to dehydrate Aqualad to the point of him being useless just like the episode with Red Inferno putting him in the fire cage and then the desert which dehydrated him to the point he was useless. Fire would accomplish the same thing here.

#10 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

If Pokemon has taught me one thing it's that water beats fire. 

#11 Posted by Phylos (2644 posts) - - Show Bio

i'd say zuko, but then again i've never seen what aqualad could do, so im a little biased.

#12 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phylos said:

i'd say zuko, but then again i've never seen what aqualad could do, so im a little biased.

You have no idea what one of the combatants can do. Yeah, I can see how that'd create a little bias. 
#13 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phylos said:

He's FIng awesome and so is that series. The thing is that during the Red (Red Torpedo and Firebrand) ep. He was in a fire cage along side Ms. Martian and he was being affected by it pretty bad pretty much leading me to think that if Zuko gets one really really good shot on him he would be out.

#14 Posted by God_Spawn (37908 posts) - - Show Bio

Zuko.

#15 Posted by nj06 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

But look at where they are fighting. There is plenty of water there and we've seen that Aqualad has been able to bend water to create monsters or create water shields/walls capable of protecting him and others from bomb blasts (like in the episode where he and Red Arrow are "protecting" Lex Luthor).

#16 Posted by emperorznb (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Zuko isn't that fast, he would have a hard time trying to burn or slice Aqualad. Added to that, Aqualad has superstrength and is a powerful sorcerer.

#17 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow great battle, I'll give it to Aqualad due to location. I think he would defend himself pretty well against Zuko's flames given the large amount of water nearby.

As for other factors, they are probably equally skilled in hand to hand combat. Aqualad has superstrength, Zuko doesn't. Zuko can firebend, Aqualad's weakness is fire. And I know Aqualad can generate electric attacks as well, but Zuko can redirect lightning. Zuko has also displayed more agility than Caldur. So if this fight took place in a neutral location I'd give it to Zuko (assuming he isn't the hothead he was at the beginning of the series, after all Caldur is a great tactician)

#18 Posted by GuruOfFunk (442 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWitchingHour said:

Wow great battle, I'll give it to Aqualad due to location. I think he would defend himself pretty well against Zuko's flames given the large amount of water nearby.

As for other factors, they are probably equally skilled in hand to hand combat. Aqualad has superstrength, Zuko doesn't. Zuko can firebend, Aqualad's weakness is fire. And I know Aqualad can generate electric attacks as well, but Zuko can redirect lightning. Zuko has also displayed more agility than Caldur. So if this fight took place in a neutral location I'd give it to Zuko (assuming he isn't the hothead he was at the beginning of the series, after all Caldur is a great tactician)

Very thought out. Gotta agree, Aqualad takes it because of this.

#19 Posted by cascadeking09 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice thread. I'll have to go with Aqualad here though because he's pretty much the perfect counter for Zuko's flames, he and Zuko are exact opposite. Aqualad is very leveheaded while Zuko is hotheaded at times(though his temper wasn't that bad at the end). I have to wonder if Zuko's flames would affect Aqualad in someway, since he seems to lose strength when he's in intense heat.

#20 Posted by cattlebattle (12795 posts) - - Show Bio

Aqualads power output is greater I believe, he could create a shield and turn the water into spikes....needless to say, he was a bit more advanced than Katara

#21 Posted by cascadeking09 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: smarter and more versatile too.

#22 Posted by unknown11 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm... Strength and durabilty feats for Aqualad besides that fight with superboy?

#23 Posted by pooty (11202 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: @TheWitchingHour: I have seen Zuko redirect lightning but that was one blast at a time. I don't know if lightning redirection works fast enough to stop multiple quick blasts or a steady stream of electricity.

#24 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

Impossible to tell since benders require windup to do it.

#25 Posted by The Stegman (24499 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty: hmmm true, very true, i've never seen him redirect multiple blasts
#26 Posted by cascadeking09 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@The Stegman: @TheWitchingHour: I have seen Zuko redirect lightning but that was one blast at a time. I don't know if lightning redirection works fast enough to stop multiple quick blasts or a steady stream of electricity.

Good point and I would have to agree, I would also like to point out that Zuko can redirect lightning but isn't immune to electricity. Aqualad doesn't just shoot lightning bolts, if he grabbed Zuko or something like that he could just shock him.

#27 Posted by The Stegman (24499 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09: it's actually starting to turn the tide on my first opinion actually (pun intended) if Aqualad can get in close, i think one punch can know Zuko out...but zuko does have his swords, can Aqualad's skin be pierced by them?
#28 Posted by cascadeking09 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: I would guess so, Aqualad isn't invulnerable.

#29 Posted by Jezer (3129 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

When Zuko confronted his father, he redirected a steady stream of electricity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM5ftnMAQ90

I mean, it wasn't an endless stream, but it wasn't just a short blast. And as it hit him, it did push him back. But he still managed to absorb the current, let it all flow through his body, and then redirect it.

#30 Posted by unknown11 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

zuko takes it in close battle.

#31 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jezer said:

@pooty said:

When Zuko confronted his father, he redirected a steady stream of electricity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM5ftnMAQ90

I mean, it wasn't an endless stream, but it wasn't just a short blast. And as it hit him, it did push him back. But he still managed to absorb the current, let it all flow through his body, and then redirect it.

Even so I am not sure Aqualad can be hurt by his own lightning or lightning in general. They fought the Injustice League and while the rest of team was easily incapacitated by bolts including superboy, Aqualad took two of them with no damage.

#32 Posted by nj06 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phylos: @Phylos said:

That is a video showing some of his feats from the show. Its not all of them, but it has some goodies I think.

#33 Posted by nj06 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: I don't think Aqualad is more advanced than Katara. She can also use water as a shield (whether liquid or as ice), she can turn water into spikes, stop it from raining over a certain location, heal, and she can blood-bend. Aqualad is a much better fighter, has more raw power, and might be able to manipulate greater volumes of water (and I'm not even sure if he can), but I think that Katara might be more skilled.

#34 Edited by cattlebattle (12795 posts) - - Show Bio
@nj06 said:

@cattlebattle: I don't think Aqualad is more advanced than Katara. She can also use water as a shield (whether liquid or as ice), she can turn water into spikes, stop it from raining over a certain location, heal, and she can blood-bend. Aqualad is a much better fighter, has more raw power, and might be able to manipulate greater volumes of water (and I'm not even sure if he can), but I think that Katara might be more skilled.

Still, I think Katara had to maintain a great amount of concentration for a lot of these, Aqualad was able to summon a shield that was able to contain an explosion with water he manipulated out of some glasses...it has been a while since I saw Avatar, but I don't remember Katara being that powerful
#35 Posted by Phylos (2644 posts) - - Show Bio

@nj06 said:

@Phylos: @Phylos said:

That is a video showing some of his feats from the show. Its not all of them, but it has some goodies I think.

wow, thanks for that.

i think im leaning more towards aqualad now.

but zuko will definitely give him hell.

#36 Posted by Hyperlight (5873 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Zuko would win. Zuko uses acrobatics more often than Kaldur. Everytime Zukos fire gets close to Kaldur it will dehydrate hm just a little bit more.

#37 Posted by RaimundoPedrosa (207 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell? This is such a mismatch and joke of a battle. Zuko is no match for Aqualad. Aqualad's water manipulation ALONE puts absolutely anything that Zuko can dish out against him into the dirt. His water shields stop explosions. Seriously, what a freaking mismatch.

#38 Posted by patrat18 (9800 posts) - - Show Bio

Aqua

#39 Posted by NighThunder (4045 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell? This is such a mismatch and joke of a battle. Zuko is no match for Aqualad. Aqualad's water manipulation ALONE puts absolutely anything that Zuko can dish out against him into the dirt. His water shields stop explosions. Seriously, what a freaking mismatch.

Why bump the thread if its a mismatch?

And Zuko's been shown to be effective against water

#40 Posted by BlackWind (6390 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaldur. Only made worse because he has superhuman stats to back the hydrokinesis and taser shock. It would be a different story of Zuko's fire had any big noteworthy feats of heat.